Success! It works! My report from Cebu

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
steve55
Junior Poster

An update

Post by steve55 »

Well fellas, I just wanted to give an update here that things didn't end up working out with my girl. I thought she was it but I think my girl is too young and immature to follow through. It would take too long to type up the blow by blow details, but to sum it up, she wasn't communicating with me after I got back as much as one would if they were serious. Well, she is 22 yrs old and quite immature I guess. But what can ya do? Sometimes shit happens. My suggestion to guys is to not go for girls who are less than 24 yrs old. Ive had similar wishy washy behaviour from young girls before, so , this isn't the first time something like that has happened. I have found that the older ladies (upper 20's on up) are motivated and mature enough for relationships. Not the young girls. SO much for the claim that foreign woman are desperate to come to the US.LOL. Only idiots believe that.

Last I heard from Darren, his relationship is still going extremely well. SO lets hope his success story has a better ending than mine.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Sorry to hear this, I have been following this thread and found it insperational....
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: An update

Post by davewe »

steve55 wrote:Well fellas, I just wanted to give an update here that things didn't end up working out with my girl. I thought she was it but I think my girl is too young and immature to follow through. It would take too long to type up the blow by blow details, but to sum it up, she wasn't communicating with me after I got back as much as one would if they were serious. Well, she is 22 yrs old and quite immature I guess. But what can ya do? Sometimes shit happens. My suggestion to guys is to not go for girls who are less than 24 yrs old. Ive had similar wishy washy behaviour from young girls before, so , this isn't the first time something like that has happened. I have found that the older ladies (upper 20's on up) are motivated and mature enough for relationships. Not the young girls. SO much for the claim that foreign woman are desperate to come to the US.LOL. Only idiots believe that.

Last I heard from Darren, his relationship is still going extremely well. SO lets hope his success story has a better ending than mine.
Sorry to hear about this Steve. You're clearly a good guy and there's another one out there for you.

Immaturity is a huge issue no matter what culture you are in. But I don't think there is any one magical age. I have a friend who is very fond of young women and his rule of thumb is that he never gets involved with anyone who does not have the emotional maturity of a 25 year old. That means he's had relationships with 18 year old who had that emotional maturity. It also means he's turned down 40 year olds who did not.

Good luck!