Boracay Trip Report - Philippines Beach Island Hot Spot

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Boracay Trip Report - Philippines Beach Island

Post by Winston »

Hi Davewe,
Oh really. Well even if you can have some peace and quiet on that beach in the morning, then that's not bad either. I still don't agree that 2000p for a 3 hour boat ride is a good price. It may be affordable yeah, but a third world country isn't supposed to have prices like that.

Did you know that in actuality, the Philippines is more expensive than Switzerland or Japan? That is, when you measure costs with the average salary of the average person. You see, the average salary in Switzerland and Japan allows the earner to buy quite a lot of things in those countries, even though they are first world and high priced. But the average salary in the Philippines doesn't allow the earner to buy shit. So that's why Philippines is more expensive than Switzerland or Japan. It's ridiculous when you think about it, but it's a shocking fact as well.

I also believe that enjoying nature should not be expensive and only for the rich. God or Mother Nature did not intend for nature to be commercial. It's meant to be enjoyed for free. So I don't believe that nature should be commercialized. It's a matter of principle for me. That's why I don't like when people charge to enjoy nature. You can enjoy beautiful nature in the US states without having to spend much money. The founders of the US National Park system did not believe that God's nature was only for the rich. They had some principles. Greedy Filipinos don't.

Btw Davewe, you said in your Dumaguete article that Filipinos don't have city parks because they don't think anyone would want to walk in a park with hot humid weather. I don't think that's the reason Filipino cities don't have parks. They are just simply too lazy to build and maintain them. Parks aren't very profitable. They are for rest and recreation, kind of like a valve for stressed people to relieve tension. Since parks aren't profitable, Filipinos have no incentive to build them or maintain them. Filipinos love money too much. It's their God. Yet they call themselves Catholic. It's ironic and hypocritical.

You went to Boracay during Holy Week. All flights are expensive that week. Did you see the prices on flights after that? I checked and it wasn't much more expensive than the 3 hour boat ride. lol

Have you seen the Frendz Resort and others I posted above? They have private rooms for $20 in nice bungalows. And they have good reviews online too, including from Lonely Planet. So you don't have to spend a lot on hotels.

Btw, where are you at now Davewe? Are you in the Philippines? If so, maybe Rock and I can meetup with you?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:Hi Davewe,

Btw Davewe, you said in your Dumaguete article that Filipinos don't have city parks because they don't think anyone would want to walk in a park with hot humid weather. I don't think that's the reason Filipino cities don't have parks. They are just simply too lazy to build and maintain them. Parks aren't very profitable. They are for rest and recreation, kind of like a valve for stressed people to relieve tension. Since parks aren't profitable, Filipinos have no incentive to build them or maintain them. Filipinos love money too much. It's their God. Yet they call themselves Catholic. It's ironic and hypocritical.

You went to Boracay during Holy Week. All flights are expensive that week. Did you see the prices on flights after that? I checked and it wasn't much more expensive than the 3 hour boat ride. lol

Btw, where are you at now Davewe? Are you in the Philippines? If so, maybe Rock and I can meetup with you?
The parks remark was sarcastic but at some level true. Americans love parks. We sit on our ass at work all day long and then go to a park on Sunday. Someone who walks or works in the hot sun might not consider it such exciting leisure time to sit in a park in the heat.

I have been to Boracay a couple times and the flights were always expensive, but of course that was during the summer. Perhaps they are cheaper during off season. Edit: I just doubled check for later in the year and cebu pacific flights from Cebu - Boracay are about double the price compared to anywhere else we have gone in the Philippines. While not a deal breaker tourists should be aware that it's an added expense.

We just got back to the US from the Philippines this week. Spent some time in Palawan which we enjoyed. I will probably post about it soon.
vagabond007
Freshman Poster

Post by vagabond007 »

in case air fares are high, here is an alternative( via Ship)

search 2GO travel, good prices to palawan or boracay