My friend's negative trip report from Angeles City

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my friend's update from Thailand. Wow, his experience there is the exact inverse of Ladislav's in that he's having a way better time there than the Philippines. He is a retired mental health counselor and an expert in psychology, so his observations about people are VERY credible and accurate. So what he said about Taiwan being similar to the US is very true and accurate. I agree completely.

Hey Winston,

Of course it is normal to feel the depressive feelings you are feeling in the sterilized culture of Taiwan. You are in a place where you feel isolated and have few people that understand you and so far as I know, you do not even speak the local languauge. As I told you, I have been to Taiwan and it is not much different (to me) socially than being in the United States.

When I am in America I spend about 95% of my time being depressed. Now I am typing you from Chiang Mai, Thailand, which is not even a very good "mongering" city as such cities go--certainly no Angeles or Pattaya or Bangkok--yet yesterday I had a date from the OK Cupid web site (I have been on this site in America for 3 years and not had a single date from it), the night before a young woman shared my bed (for free) and this afternoon I am getting an oil massage from a young lady that another lady wants to introduce me to as a potential girlfriend. After just five days here I had a drama-filled Thai girlfriend whom was a great f**k and here in Chiang Mai I can go to a whorehouse or massage parlor anytime I want--so the burden of going without sex is lifted. Not to mention that I have met some really cool people, both farangs (foreigners) and Thai--the Thai woman I had the date with yesterday was a vegan and we ate at one of Chiang Mai's many vegetarian restaurants. I have made acquaintance with many people and because I can speak Thai I have many women flirting with me who otherwise would probably not give me the time of day.

Am I happier here--Fuckin-A I am happier here. I could live contentedly here for many years and probably could find a quality woman within a year or two while f***ing my brains out in the meanwhile. Location and how you click with a culture matters a great deal, and I did not click as well with the Pinoy culture though it was okay. I am the opposite of Ladislav who lived here and did not click well with Thai people or their culture.

You probably need to make a move and plan your trip to China because otherwise you will probably sink more into a depressive funk. It is quite normal given your lack of sexual, lack of connection and feelings of being misunderstood (which are real feelings) by your family and the culture at large.

Remember, it is not YOU--it is THEM!!!! You are just in a place that doesn't fit your needs and it is beginning to wear on you. Find a place that fits your needs and the rest will take care of itself.

Wishing you the best,
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Hangin out in Angeles right now. This place is pretty fun in short doses. If you've got the cash I'd recommend Wild Orchid. Otto's restaurant on Fields Ave is tasty for steaks, ribs "meat and potatoes" type stuff.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Rock wrote:I still remember his currency diversification recommendation - sell USD and buy Chinese Yuan, HK dollars, and some other Asian currencies. HK dollars??? That's pegged to the US$ so it makes no sense. Its about like exchanging 10 hundred dollar bills for a one thousand dollar bill.
Simon Black has a different opinion about buying HK dollars.

3) The Hong Kong dollar is a reasonable alternative to the US dollar.

At the moment, the Hong Kong dollar is pegged to the US dollar at a rate of 7.80 +/- a tight band.

This means that, if the world enters another massive spiral of deleveraging and disintermediation, the Hong Kong dollar will surge alongside the US dollar. So you have very little currency risk.

If, on the other hand, the US dollar plummets, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority will simply divorce itself from the US and revalue the peg. Or eliminate it altogether. So anyone holding Hong Kong dollars will see the value of their savings rise substantially in US dollar terms.

This is an easy, low-risk way to hedge both currency and inflation risk. And combining #2 and #3 together, it's possible to hold Hong Kong dollars in a Singapore bank account.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: My friend's negative trip report from Angeles City

Post by Zambales »

On my first trip over I unknowingly brought over 32,000 peso's and told them so when I landed at the NAIA. Customs didn't give a shit.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote: The taxi driver fee at Clark is unavoidable. If you fly into Clark, the taxis will only accept 400p, no less. There's no way around it. Lots of guys have tried bargaining with them. You can go there and try it yourself.
I have and your statement is not true. Hang around after everyone gets their taxi and wait for the drivers to return. More taxi's than passengers = room for bargaining. :mrgreen:

Cost = 300p
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaHand »

Classic 2012 flame war between Winston and ph traveler. With the benefit of hindsight, it is apparent that ph was the victor. Sure, he came across as a colossal dick, but most of the same things he hated about the Phils are now conceded by Winston, who fled with his tail between his legs for China, but apparently not before he impregnated some unfortunate Pinay. Anyhoo, thanks for the laughs. I'll probably be in AC in November, so it will be interesting to see whether I agree wit ph or Winston during his infatuation period...