Have2Fly is living a dream in Ukraine

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

djfourmoney wrote:
polya wrote:Well, I have to tell everyone else that it's very difficult to live in the Ukraine. There's a lot of red-tape to try to get visas and permission to live in the country. There big unemployment so foreign workers are not at all welcome. I really doubt you will be able to stay in the country once your current visa runs out as you will have to go through bureaucracy to get it renewed (waiting in lines all day, staff who don't want to give you the visa...)
This is true, despite Euro 2012 Ukraine is not quite a basket-case but as about as close as you want to get to one.

When you have an unemployment problem, it creates problems for immigrants and tourism, especially in countries not as mature as other countries.

Both Poland and Ukraine had to address the Xenophobia issue in a very public manner. I am glad to say that both events largely went without major incident. Though what happen with the African-Ukrainian singer that represented Ukraine in the Eurovision song content is quite embarrassing.

Ukraine is no where I would want to stay long term, the corruption actually gets in the way though you may believe you can pay your way out of stuff or to get things done. Also many things you find common place in America or UK are not available in Ukraine and if they are, its expensive.
I agree. I've found it is impossible to get visas and permission to live in really corrupt countries because there's always one person who will ruin your application as they hate their job/life and will take it out on you. Even if you try to pay them off, they will expect only $10 from a Ukranian, but $10,000 from you and will deny it if you try to bring up the subject in their office full of people. Even marrying your wife won't guarantee you a visa as they LOVE breaking up real families. It's very depressing to travel all this way, marry, but you can only live together 90 days every 6 months...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Arabian_prince
Freshman Poster

Post by Arabian_prince »

Too many messages on a dating site ?

More women in bars and clubs than men ?

Id love to believe that ! Where are the pics ?