Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I was a GOD in The Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby davewe » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:41 pm

OutWest wrote:
ladislav wrote:I am still in the Philippines but now I am working for a living. I have been through the above described experience time and time again but now I am just tried from working and need rest. The constant dating costs money one way or another. Canada, US and Saudi are also what make the Philippines possible- the provide money.

Working here vs visiting with money are two different things- the girls live lives of drudgery work/study/family. Now wait till you live here and need to work as well. Things do change then.


Wise words those are...I am past 50 and I get probably three offers a week from girls under age 25. This would not be news to my wife, who is only mid-twenties herself and is of course fully aware of how things work here, and responds with nympho levels of enthusiasm.

And as you say, if you are working and not in vacation mode, not partying off money like a drunk sailor, it does change everything....but nothing to worry about.


Outwest


I never got past the phrase "nympho levels of enthusiasm."

This phrase + the word "wife" are never uttered in the same sentence in the US.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am







Ladislav,

Postby lavezzi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

This thread appears to contradict your claim of 80% of Filipinas being chaste. Was that a lie you told with the intention to encourage conservative natured guys to pursue Filipinas, or is it true yet the remaining 20% just happen to be totally wild and flock to foreigners?
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Re: Ladislav,

Postby ladislav » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 pm

lavezzi wrote:This thread appears to contradict your claim of 80% of Filipinas being chaste. Was that a lie you told with the intention to encourage conservative natured guys to pursue Filipinas, or is it true yet the remaining 20% just happen to be totally wild and flock to foreigners?


20 percent flock to foreigners. Also, the guy is in Cebu CITY and Cebuanas have a high percentage of horny girls who love sex. It is different anywhere up north as well as in less urban areas.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: Ladislav,

Postby Rock » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 am

ladislav wrote:
lavezzi wrote:This thread appears to contradict your claim of 80% of Filipinas being chaste. Was that a lie you told with the intention to encourage conservative natured guys to pursue Filipinas, or is it true yet the remaining 20% just happen to be totally wild and flock to foreigners?


20 percent flock to foreigners. Also, the guy is in Cebu CITY and Cebuanas have a high percentage of horny girls who love sex. It is different anywhere up north as well as in less urban areas.


Wasn't he in Davao? I've heard the girls tend to be quite conservative there and that there are a lot of virgins in that neck of hte woods.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Taco » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 am

Congrats, on your trip Will., sounds like you had a great time. However, the depression you get when you come back home can be overwelming so try taking some glutamine and niacinamide, it does help.

I'm in the Philippines now and my Filipina doesn't like me going out by myself for obvious reasons. She likes to keep me at home tied to the bed most of the day.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Ladislav,

Postby Taco » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59 am

ladislav wrote:
lavezzi wrote:This thread appears to contradict your claim of 80% of Filipinas being chaste. Was that a lie you told with the intention to encourage conservative natured guys to pursue Filipinas, or is it true yet the remaining 20% just happen to be totally wild and flock to foreigners?


20 percent flock to foreigners. Also, the guy is in Cebu CITY and Cebuanas have a high percentage of horny girls who love sex. It is different anywhere up north as well as in less urban areas.


Your knowledge of Cebuanas is very accurate.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby ladislav » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 am

Oh, Davao, well here is the deal as anywhere else in the Philippines.

Factor number 1. Big city vs. small town girls. Small town girls cannot do things big city girls do. Hence, almost all small town girls are virgins.
Factor 2. Even in the city the majority of girls are virgin but it don't matter much. Say, 20% are not. Let's do the math. Davao- one million people. Half are women. Twenty percent under 25. Hence- 75,000 young women. 20 percent are non virgin, horny floozies. 15,000 girls for you to have fun with. That is a pretty big playing field. And the conservative guys get the other 50,000 to love and court and marry and then, pop goes the cherry.
Even in the case of virgins, many are weak when it comes to white guys with money who show them the good times. They forget caution and the vows they gave to their family, fall in love, and then pop goes the cherry, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby nightwatchsf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm an american who has lived in Asia for nearly 10 years, 7 of those in the philippines. So I thought I could shed some light on some of the questions I saw asked here.
1. Will's experience is not unusual. There are many many girls in most of the major cities in the Philippines who will happily drop their panties for a cute foreign guy, without money involved.
2. Age is less of an issue in the Philippines than in the US. ie.. if you are 40+ and still in good shape etc.. chances are pretty slim in the US, while its a wide open playing field in the Philippines.
3. However, girls in the Philippines are fashion conscious and know more than they let on. So if you are an older guy and dress like a grandpa. You'll still get some love from some of the girls, but much less than otherwise.
4. Dressing to impress in the philippines - be relatively hip. Wear jeans, hip t-shirts, short sleeve shirts etc.. Leave the flip flops, shorts and the hawaiian t-shirts at home. Makes you look like a tourist, uncool etc..
5. I noticed that someone complained about the lack of hot girls in the Philippines. The hottest girls are in the biggest cities. and they are HOT. If you want ridiculously hot girls then you need to go to clubs and bars in Manila: Opus, Republiq, 7'th high, establishment etc. You will need some game (not nearly as much as other places) as some of the hottest girls are also well educated and well off. Again.. standard club game required as anywhere in the world, but much better chances of succeeding.
6. Comment about 80% of the Philippina's being chaste. Not true. many claim they are because they are "good catholic girls". But having run across thousands of women in my time there almost all of them are beddable. AND infidelity is rampant.
7. Will's profile is perfect for DIA. Philippinas have a high appetite for sappiness (no offense Will). For a first timer this is probably a decent approach. I generally avoid DIA in the PH and avoid sappy profiles because after having lived in the Philippines for many years I have low tolerance for the kinds of women that it attracts: generally undereducated, naive, sweet girls. I prefer the more educated, wealthy career girls who are more likely to throw down for a good time without having their hearts broken. Many of the less educated and less wealthy girls literally have nothing to talk about as their hobbies include sleeping and watching local television (which is utterly mindless). For the first timer.. no problem. as you will be thrilled to be getting attention from countless pretty girls and have plenty of conversation topics simply trying to understand their culture.

8. As a follow on to point #7 - Craigslist can be a good source for pipelining girls to hook up with in the PH, as well as adult friend finder. Ironically and inexplicably you will find attractive, educated, well to do women who are unashamedly horny and down for fun. I've met doctors, lawyers, PR agents etc.. all of them great in and out of bed. So note -- DIA has an abundance of less wealthy, less educated girls who fantasize about meeting a foreign knight in shining armour. Craigslist (casual encounters section) and Adult friend finder - will yield well educated, working professionals who want to throw down (preferably with a foreigner). In fact there are some nutty girls here. Last time I posted I received a wide range of offers including having me bang them while their husbands watched etc.
9. Average joe will not do as well as former model, but can and will do quite well. Dressing well, having a good sense of humour etc.. will all go a long way.
10. % of girls who want to use you as a gold ticket or a way out. This is all over the map as there are some. But there is a mind boggling large percentage of women who simply want to shag you.
11. hotness of girls in the philippines - take a look at FHM philippines. Again there are a lot of world class attractive women in this country (they are generally not on DIA). I have shagged a few from the FHM Philippines top 100 sexiest women list, and I have friends who have scored more than I have. its possible.
12. Misconceptions about living in the philippines - ie.. low wages, govt can kick you etc.. - false. There is a very active expat community in the philippines and growing. My social life in the Philippines including Americans, Spaniards, French, etc.. with a fairly large number of successful educated types in the mix. Expat life in the Philippines is more socially active than life in US, with friends hitting bars, clubs, restaurants and house parties nearly every night. A wage of ~4K USD per month in the philippines get you a very nice place, a maid, and a driver, and if you have kids a full time "yaya" (nanny). I haven't seen many of my friends in the US out at night for years after they have children. In the Philippines there is no effort involved in family life as you have an entire hired crew to wash, cloth, drive, and feed your kids. Government will not kick you out, wages do not need to be low, standard of living can be very high. Also.. Philippines has some of the finest beaches in the world. And I've been to Fiji, Tahiti, Thailand, Caribbean, Bora Bora, etc..
13. I noticed a number of guys in disbelief about motives of Filipinas for dropping their panties - ie.. surely they must be after your wallet or a green card. Coming from the US I understand why people think this as it seems hard to believe. Women in the Philippines tend to live in the moment, without much self reflection, introspection, or forward planning. In other words they are devoid of the conflicts that most western women have around shagging - Does he love me? will he respect me? Will he call me later? will my friends think I am a slut? Will my shag count be too high? etc.. Fact is most western women want to have casual sex just as much as men do. They either talk themselves out of it, or find excuses like I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing, or I really thought he loved me. None of this exists in the Philippines. Not only do Philipinas not judge each other for having casual sex, but they BRAG to their friends about their shagging experiences. I have had girls that I don't know text me to meet up, because my performance in bed was recommended by one of their friends. And this has happened multiple times. One of my friends was asked to shag the friend of a girl he had recently dated because it was that girls birthday and her friend thought it would be a nice gift. I have had girls ask me to refer any and all guy friends that I have so they can shag them. I have gone out with my friend and a girl on their second date when she asked my friend if she could go home with me instead since she has already had him. So its simple.. take a group of unnaturally horny women, who think its cool to shag foreign guys, then take away any of the stupid puritanical inhibitions that we have in the US… and you get shagging paradise.
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby davewe » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm

nightwatchsf wrote:I'm an american who has lived in Asia for nearly 10 years, 7 of those in the philippines. So I thought I could shed some light on some of the questions I saw asked here.
1. Will's experience is not unusual. There are many many girls in most of the major cities in the Philippines who will happily drop their panties for a cute foreign guy, without money involved.
2. Age is less of an issue in the Philippines than in the US. ie.. if you are 40+ and still in good shape etc.. chances are pretty slim in the US, while its a wide open playing field in the Philippines.
3. However, girls in the Philippines are fashion conscious and know more than they let on. So if you are an older guy and dress like a grandpa. You'll still get some love from some of the girls, but much less than otherwise.
4. Dressing to impress in the philippines - be relatively hip. Wear jeans, hip t-shirts, short sleeve shirts etc.. Leave the flip flops, shorts and the hawaiian t-shirts at home. Makes you look like a tourist, uncool etc..
5. I noticed that someone complained about the lack of hot girls in the Philippines. The hottest girls are in the biggest cities. and they are HOT. If you want ridiculously hot girls then you need to go to clubs and bars in Manila: Opus, Republiq, 7'th high, establishment etc. You will need some game (not nearly as much as other places) as some of the hottest girls are also well educated and well off. Again.. standard club game required as anywhere in the world, but much better chances of succeeding.
6. Comment about 80% of the Philippina's being chaste. Not true. many claim they are because they are "good catholic girls". But having run across thousands of women in my time there almost all of them are beddable. AND infidelity is rampant.
7. Will's profile is perfect for DIA. Philippinas have a high appetite for sappiness (no offense Will). For a first timer this is probably a decent approach. I generally avoid DIA in the PH and avoid sappy profiles because after having lived in the Philippines for many years I have low tolerance for the kinds of women that it attracts: generally undereducated, naive, sweet girls. I prefer the more educated, wealthy career girls who are more likely to throw down for a good time without having their hearts broken. Many of the less educated and less wealthy girls literally have nothing to talk about as their hobbies include sleeping and watching local television (which is utterly mindless). For the first timer.. no problem. as you will be thrilled to be getting attention from countless pretty girls and have plenty of conversation topics simply trying to understand their culture.

8. As a follow on to point #7 - Craigslist can be a good source for pipelining girls to hook up with in the PH, as well as adult friend finder. Ironically and inexplicably you will find attractive, educated, well to do women who are unashamedly horny and down for fun. I've met doctors, lawyers, PR agents etc.. all of them great in and out of bed. So note -- DIA has an abundance of less wealthy, less educated girls who fantasize about meeting a foreign knight in shining armour. Craigslist (casual encounters section) and Adult friend finder - will yield well educated, working professionals who want to throw down (preferably with a foreigner). In fact there are some nutty girls here. Last time I posted I received a wide range of offers including having me bang them while their husbands watched etc.
9. Average joe will not do as well as former model, but can and will do quite well. Dressing well, having a good sense of humour etc.. will all go a long way.
10. % of girls who want to use you as a gold ticket or a way out. This is all over the map as there are some. But there is a mind boggling large percentage of women who simply want to shag you.
11. hotness of girls in the philippines - take a look at FHM philippines. Again there are a lot of world class attractive women in this country (they are generally not on DIA). I have shagged a few from the FHM Philippines top 100 sexiest women list, and I have friends who have scored more than I have. its possible.
12. Misconceptions about living in the philippines - ie.. low wages, govt can kick you etc.. - false. There is a very active expat community in the philippines and growing. My social life in the Philippines including Americans, Spaniards, French, etc.. with a fairly large number of successful educated types in the mix. Expat life in the Philippines is more socially active than life in US, with friends hitting bars, clubs, restaurants and house parties nearly every night. A wage of ~4K USD per month in the philippines get you a very nice place, a maid, and a driver, and if you have kids a full time "yaya" (nanny). I haven't seen many of my friends in the US out at night for years after they have children. In the Philippines there is no effort involved in family life as you have an entire hired crew to wash, cloth, drive, and feed your kids. Government will not kick you out, wages do not need to be low, standard of living can be very high. Also.. Philippines has some of the finest beaches in the world. And I've been to Fiji, Tahiti, Thailand, Caribbean, Bora Bora, etc..
13. I noticed a number of guys in disbelief about motives of Filipinas for dropping their panties - ie.. surely they must be after your wallet or a green card. Coming from the US I understand why people think this as it seems hard to believe. Women in the Philippines tend to live in the moment, without much self reflection, introspection, or forward planning. In other words they are devoid of the conflicts that most western women have around shagging - Does he love me? will he respect me? Will he call me later? will my friends think I am a slut? Will my shag count be too high? etc.. Fact is most western women want to have casual sex just as much as men do. They either talk themselves out of it, or find excuses like I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing, or I really thought he loved me. None of this exists in the Philippines. Not only do Philipinas not judge each other for having casual sex, but they BRAG to their friends about their shagging experiences. I have had girls that I don't know text me to meet up, because my performance in bed was recommended by one of their friends. And this has happened multiple times. One of my friends was asked to shag the friend of a girl he had recently dated because it was that girls birthday and her friend thought it would be a nice gift. I have had girls ask me to refer any and all guy friends that I have so they can shag them. I have gone out with my friend and a girl on their second date when she asked my friend if she could go home with me instead since she has already had him. So its simple.. take a group of unnaturally horny women, who think its cool to shag foreign guys, then take away any of the stupid puritanical inhibitions that we have in the US… and you get shagging paradise.


This has got to be about the best first post ever here. Thanks and I hope to hear more!

Whether a guy is "sappy" and looking for lots of hot fun or a guy is "serious" and looking for a wife or gf or is "old" and looking for a place to retire or expat and still have feminine company it's all here.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm sorry nightwatchsf,
Your stories are over the top and do not sound realistic, esp the last few parts.

First, most Filipinas don't shag for free unless they want to be your girlfriend. And even if they do, there is a price to pay. They will want financial help or an allowance afterward. Every honest expat I know will attest to this. Even Ladislav and Mr S can.

You talk about shagging middle class Filipinas for free. That is very difficult. They are very spoiled and westernized and not much different than American girls. They are very guarded too. See the thread about the Filipino insights into his own culture and what he says about middle class Filipinas and how they do not like to be seen with foreigners. It's very true and honest. See here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8870

Also, CraigsList is for bottom feeders. It has far more scammers than DIA. This is common knowledge. So I don't know what you are talking about. Adult Friend Finder is a total scam. There are thousands of reports online about it. They don't even pay their affiliates and jipped me out of $100. I have hard proof of this. How could you be advocating them?

Can you post your picture? I'm curious to see what you look like, since you claim to be getting lots of hot sex with FHM models and middle class Filipinas for free.

Davewe, I'm surprised at your gullibility and lack of critical analysis. I thought you had a good head on your shoulders, but it appears that you believe everything you hear, even if it's not realistic at all.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby lavezzi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm

nightwatchsf wrote:13. I noticed a number of guys in disbelief about motives of Filipinas for dropping their panties - ie.. surely they must be after your wallet or a green card. Coming from the US I understand why people think this as it seems hard to believe. Women in the Philippines tend to live in the moment, without much self reflection, introspection, or forward planning. In other words they are devoid of the conflicts that most western women have around shagging - Does he love me? will he respect me? Will he call me later? will my friends think I am a slut? Will my shag count be too high? etc.. Fact is most western women want to have casual sex just as much as men do. They either talk themselves out of it, or find excuses like I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing, or I really thought he loved me. None of this exists in the Philippines. Not only do Philipinas not judge each other for having casual sex, but they BRAG to their friends about their shagging experiences. I have had girls that I don't know text me to meet up, because my performance in bed was recommended by one of their friends. And this has happened multiple times. One of my friends was asked to shag the friend of a girl he had recently dated because it was that girls birthday and her friend thought it would be a nice gift. I have had girls ask me to refer any and all guy friends that I have so they can shag them. I have gone out with my friend and a girl on their second date when she asked my friend if she could go home with me instead since she has already had him. So its simple.. take a group of unnaturally horny women, who think its cool to shag foreign guys, then take away any of the stupid puritanical inhibitions that we have in the US… and you get shagging paradise.


I know this post is sensationalist BS, but it still really makes me appreciate my Korean gf who's so inexperienced that sex is almost an impossibility with her due to bleeding and pain. I know the truth lies somewhere in between the "80% are chaste" and "random floozies text me for fun every day" claims, but I can't help but have my interest swayed away from Filipinas by these kinds of posts.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Re: A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby davewe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 am

lavezzi wrote:
nightwatchsf wrote:13. I noticed a number of guys in disbelief about motives of Filipinas for dropping their panties - ie.. surely they must be after your wallet or a green card. Coming from the US I understand why people think this as it seems hard to believe. Women in the Philippines tend to live in the moment, without much self reflection, introspection, or forward planning. In other words they are devoid of the conflicts that most western women have around shagging - Does he love me? will he respect me? Will he call me later? will my friends think I am a slut? Will my shag count be too high? etc.. Fact is most western women want to have casual sex just as much as men do. They either talk themselves out of it, or find excuses like I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing, or I really thought he loved me. None of this exists in the Philippines. Not only do Philipinas not judge each other for having casual sex, but they BRAG to their friends about their shagging experiences. I have had girls that I don't know text me to meet up, because my performance in bed was recommended by one of their friends. And this has happened multiple times. One of my friends was asked to shag the friend of a girl he had recently dated because it was that girls birthday and her friend thought it would be a nice gift. I have had girls ask me to refer any and all guy friends that I have so they can shag them. I have gone out with my friend and a girl on their second date when she asked my friend if she could go home with me instead since she has already had him. So its simple.. take a group of unnaturally horny women, who think its cool to shag foreign guys, then take away any of the stupid puritanical inhibitions that we have in the US… and you get shagging paradise.


I know this post is sensationalist BS, but it still really makes me appreciate my Korean gf who's so inexperienced that sex is almost an impossibility with her due to bleeding and pain. I know the truth lies somewhere in between the "80% are chaste" and "random floozies text me for fun every day" claims, but I can't help but have my interest swayed away from Filipinas by these kinds of posts.


While the post is sensationalist and claims may be somewhat over the top it is far closer to the truth than the "woe is me I can't get laid, the girls in PI are ugly, they are stupid, the only ones available want money or green cards" sort of crap that some people here espouse.

As to the issue of which online system to use, it's sort of irrelevant. I used Cherry Blossoms, Will N used DIA. There are many more. Most guys just go there and meet girls.

Will N who started this thread has no reason to lie, no reason to con you into visiting PI. Anyone can come visit himself and find out. There are PI expat forums with dozens if not hundreds of middle aged expats with their young, cute Filipina girlfriends and wives. But you don't have to believe them either. I don't get paid a commission to tell guys this stuff. But guys would rather believe its impossible or impossible for them. You can lead a horse to water...

The irony is that we all know what the problem is with women in the West. But when confronted with girls not as affected by some of those attitudes we choose not to believe it's possible. In essence it isn't just women who have bought into the feminist crap - most Western men believe it too.
Last edited by davewe on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby davewe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:09 am

Winston wrote:
Davewe, I'm surprised at your gullibility and lack of critical analysis. I thought you had a good head on your shoulders, but it appears that you believe everything you hear, even if it's not realistic at all.


It's not what I hear Winston. It's what I experienced. Big difference!
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby IRON_JOCK_STRAP » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 am

Adult friend finder and Craigslist for girls? LOL...

What a bunch or crap that is, I spent years in the Philippines and made over a dozen trips, and I can tell you that 75% of the the adds on Craigslist are outright scams or lady boys, or other guys....

You will notice most of the pics or of top models from China or Philippines that were stolen from another site..

This is a lady boy...

http://pampanga.en.craigslist.com.ph/w4 ... 39194.html

Here are model pics stolen from some model sight, with a fat huge girl or lady boy behind the add..

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/w4m/3121601831.html

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/w4m/3113206727.html

This girl is a well know star in phil...

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/w4m/3111659592.html

This guy posted all the fake adds from Cebu, which is like all of them almost LOL...

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/rnr/3066118029.html


Craigslist is about the worst place to try and find a girl, useless garbage and a huge waste of time.

Adult friend finder don't even go their, that site is just one huge spy bot LOL... Most are adds the owners put up just to get you to join, it is mostly fake adds... Just sign up to that site you will get hundreds of spam emails in your email box after that.

The author by his comments I doubt he has ever been in the Phil...
IRON_JOCK_STRAP
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:43 am

Sensationalism

Postby nightwatchsf » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 am

Not one bit of exaggeration in my post. This is actually a common problem amongst expats here. Can't go home and share your stories without people thinking its BS. Frankly I wouldn't have believed my stories either (and many of them are more over the top than the ones I shared here).

However a few points to clarify.

It is true that many Filipina's are uncomfortable being seen walking around with a Foreigner. This is especially true when there is a large age gap, or the foreigner looks like a tourist. Its true both for lower class and middle class Filipina's. The reason for this is that they are worried that others will think they are prostitues and are ashamed. More educated, wealthier Filipinas are less likely to be worried about this. Especially those who have had expat boyfriends etc. Many middle class Filipinas have also had no experience with foreigners so they can be a bit shy or wary. Filipinas in general are highly conscious of what others think, and easily embarrassed. So trading phone numbers and having them come over to meet you somewhere more private is often a good strategy. I read your interview with the local. And he is mostly right. But his feedback is a bit narrow when it comes attitudes of middle and upperclass Filipinas. When you are riding in an upper class Filipina's jaguar, she is not in the least bit worried that people will think she is a prostitute. Key elements here are class, confidence, and exposure. To varying degrees these all play a part in how comfortable a Filipina will be, being seen with foreigners. Advice here: Act local. If you are going to a night club, don't show up in your plaid golf pants. Its almost never ok to wear shorts and slippers. Locals wear pants and shoes.


Best place to find middle and upper middle class girls who are good to go with foreigners are in clubs or bars with high numbers of foreigners. This is generally in Makati. Greenbelt, The Fort, (and some of the clubs I mentioned in my earlier post). As a tip expats are out in force on Thursday nights at M-Cafe in Greenbelt, and have been for years.

For those that think my post was way over the top. Bear in mind I lived there for many years with a large social circle including middle and upper class Pinoy's. So you meet friends of friends etc.. Someone coming into town for 1 week for the first time will have a much harder time shagging middle and upper middle class girls if they don't know where to go etc.. Usually all it takes is a single introduction from a local expat and your in. The more "local" you are, the easier it is. This is most true for expats in their 20's - late 40's. After this its much harder to land these girls. If you're a good looking guy in your late 20's women will be fighting over you.

I didn't say that all Filipina's sleep around. They simply lack the hang up's around sex that we are so used to in the west. And I think thats a good thing. I think the double standards we have in the west where guys are studs because they have bagged a lot of chicks, but women are sluts is silly and unfortunate. Throughout my time in the Philippines I have never heard any girl refer to any other as a slut. This is a vital difference.

There are also many naive, innocent, sweet women in the Philippines who have had little to no experience. In fact there are plenty of them on DIA. I'm not into scoring virgins, and breaking hearts, and I'm not actively looking for a life partner, so I don't go there. As with all places there is a spectrum of girls with different attitudes around sex and love. There is just much more no strings attached fun to be had in the Philippines than most places.

I was as surprised as anyone about adult-friend finder and craigslist in the Philippines. I wouldn't use either in the US as quality ratio is low, scam factor high etc.. And there are certainly scammers and P4P on craigslist in PH as well, so you need to know how to sort through those (which is not that hard). For starters, most of the "real women" won't post photo's, or phone numbers and will have a fairly straight forward ad. But there are many more legit options on these sites in the PH for no strings attached fun. I'm also not suggesting that this is the only way to go. I was 3 for 3 on craigslist, and I have friends who scored dozens on AFF. Btw.. facebook and friendster all also options. I agree with davewe that the question of which site to use irrelevant, and not worthy of a flame war. My point is that for NS attached fun DIA doesn't work that well for me for reasons I explained earlier, and I provided other options.

Honest expats? I really don't know what to tell you. Depends on where you hunt I guess. There are many beautiful women in the Philippines who have jobs that can support them. $400-$500 a month from working in a call center may not sound like big money to you but its enough to be able to afford some pride. Its not that hard to differentiate between the girl with a high school education who is living at home and does nothing but watch TV from a career woman who wants to have some fun. If you know your way around there are obvious cues in the way they dress, talk, and act.

Its a fact that the poor here have large families and expect their children to go earn. Lots of young pretty girls go out there and hustle for money so that they can "help" their families. However, one of the lessons I learned early in the Philippines is that nothing is ever what it seems. You will find P4P girls with hearts of gold who fall in love with you on a first date and mean it (and refuse money), and you will meet middle class girls that will shag you, your brother, then your best friend without thinking twice. Problem with dealing with different cultures is that typical cues are lost in translation. In the west you may go out on a date and figure a girl for a low class gold digger in 5 minutes, but be fooled in the Philippines. The Philippines is particularly tricky because it seems to americanized, and many speak english. Always remember that its a different culture, with a completely different value set.
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest