Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I was a GOD in The Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby lavezzi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 pm

ladislav wrote:I have come to a conclusion that different people just have different experiences in different countries based on their...


Of course this is the case. There are always going to be floozies in every country who will be open to having sex with certain people. However, he is claiming Filipinas are sexually promiscuous overall while you are claiming Filipinas are sexually prudish overall:

ladislav wrote:
lavezzi wrote:This thread appears to contradict your claim of 80% of Filipinas being chaste. Was that a lie you told with the intention to encourage conservative natured guys to pursue Filipinas, or is it true yet the remaining 20% just happen to be totally wild and flock to foreigners?


20 percent flock to foreigners.


...

nightwatchsf wrote:6. Comment about 80% of the Philippina's being chaste. Not true. many claim they are because they are "good catholic girls". But having run across thousands of women in my time there almost all of them are beddable.


So where is the truth in this matter?
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire







Postby pete98146 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Winston wrote:1. Middle class Filipinos are always with other middle class Filipinos.
2. Foreigners are with poor ghetto looking Filipinas, sometimes with their whole families, all of whom look poor and not accustomed to comfort.



Totally disagree! My proof? She's sitting in the next room sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Let's face it, as our movement grows, the thought of going overseas used to be only for outcast losers. Not anymore!!! As more middle class men realize that dating is messed up in the Western Hemisphere the more they will roam second and third world countries looking for women.

Using me as an example. After my divorce 10 years ago, I starting chatting with women from various countries. One girl was in marketing in Mexico City. She was the only person in her family who wasn't a lawyer. Next girl had her masters degree and worked as a programmer at IBM. She was from Singapore. Next girl also from Mexico was a high school teacher. My wife, has her 4 year degree in biology and she worked in industrial sales in Cebu. Clearly, all of them would be classified as middle class ladies.

When I was seeking a bride from Phils, I simply ignored poor women. Sorry, not interested. While this may have decreased the available pool it CERTAINLY didn't evaporate it all together. I still had plenty of opportunities to chat with girls working in call centers, teachers, programmers etc. Why was I successful? Why does Davewe have equal luck? Well the answer is that water will rise to it's highest level even in a foreign country. Call this an "It factor" but middle class foreign women are comfortable with me. Maybe I look and act the part but it is what it is.

I'm very very very convinced that if I had to do it all over again, it would very easy to repeat my level of success. Furthermore, do I believe a guy could come in and date the upper crust of filipino women? Why not? If you have the time, effort and contacts it's TOTALLY doable especially if you lived there for any period of time. Middle class/upper class filipinas have needs too. Phils still remains a place where there seem to be many more single women than men. Filipino men can be playboys and jerks. So they are there for the taking IF you polish your appearance and image (with image being the most important element to the equation).

I'll even take this one step further. I predict if you walk around at any mall in Phils in a nice $40 dress shirt, $50 trousers, $30 belt and $100 dress shoes you'll have that corporate image thing going on. This alone should chase the poor girls away because they'll feel out of place talking to you. But what does it do? It will open up an entirely different sub set of women who WILL be comfortable with your appearance. Ah yes, we are talking about the middle class ladies here. If you can afford to travel to Phils, you can afford a $250 to buy some nice threads. Top it off with a decent watch and some cologne and you should be good as gold.

But I can see a lot of guys who have a self fulfilling prophecy in that if you think you'll only be successful with lower caliber women then your fate is sealed.
Last edited by pete98146 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby lavezzi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:05 pm

davewe wrote:Will N who started this thread has no reason to lie


It's not dubious to suspect that an individual who wants to feel like a "god" may be prone to modifying his memory and perception of his experiences to suit his imagination of himself.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Re: A little perspective from a long time expat in Asia.

Postby pete98146 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:13 pm

lavezzi wrote:
davewe wrote:Will N who started this thread has no reason to lie


It's not dubious to suspect that an individual who wants to feel like a "god" may be prone to modifying his memory and perception of his experiences to suit his imagination of himself.


No Lavezzi! Why limit yourself? Trust me, running around in God-Mode is Phils is not difficult. 1. Refuse to accept mediocre women 2. Only associate with higher class women PERIOD.

How many guys have watched the movie Crazy Stupid Love? Ryan Gosseling teaches Steve Carrel how to be a man and attract women. The good news? You could ratchet this technique down by 50% and still be successful in Phils. Just made up a quote that is very applicable here: "Build a decent image and they will come."

Don't doubt those that succeed. They've figured it out and so can you:)
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Here is what my retired mental health counselor friend, who just went to Phils and Thailand, said about these claims of high class Pinays giving free sex to foreigners, and why he thinks they are not true:


"Winston,

I just got in your mail with web link to the Happier Abroad board postings about the middle-aged bald guy (like me) claiming that he regularly has sex with "high class" Pinays (if that's not an oxymoron).

I will share my own experiences with you:

I am a member of the Tagged web site and it is a sort of "Facebook Light" or similar to the now defunct Friendster. Basically it is a social networking site (banned in China, I believe) where you have "friends" and send them comments and can write letters. It is based out of San Francisco and in the US it offers no online chat though I have seen reports from other countries that they can chat on there.

I have been a member of Tagged site for over four years and have hundreds of Pinay friends on there. In fact, this was the site that really first introduced me to Pinoy culture and Pinay women and the Philippines in general. I knew about Angeles from being a monger but had never gone there.

Tagged is a "mixed" site in that is it used by many people for different purposes. For some, it is mainly a social networking and "making friends" site and for others it is a pick-up site where foreign and local men will make hook-ups in their own countries. It has about 80 million members from all over the world.

I have met and befriended probably 80+ "high class" Pinays on there and I should also point out that I get a LOT of Pinay interest on there and at any given time have 10-15 Pinays who write me regularly and profess their love. ALL of these are what I would deem "lower-class" Pinays. I have never once received a "come on" or a flirtation from an "upper-class" Pinay in the four years I have been on this site. Yes, they are still friendly like other Pinays but most of them do not wish to chat and do not get TOO friendly and none has ever sent me a phone number or made any type of advance towards me.

I use Tagged primarily as a friendship site but also with some of the lower class women I work what JR has termed a "slow game" and I keep friendships with about a hundred of them (and women from other lands) as potential hook-ups for when I am in Asia. I am NEVER flirtatious and always act as a gentleman and treat each friend with respect.

The fact that none of these 80+ women have even flirted with me, along with the additional fact that many of them have come right out and told me that they only date upper-class Pinoy men, speaks strongly, I think, that the man making these claims is a liar."


This makes sense. You guys can try this yourself. Write the middle class Filipinas on Friendster and Tagged (they have a certain look, you can tell, girls that don't look poor) and see how cold and snobby they are. Most won't even write back to you.

So you can test this out on the internet, in addition to my restaurant test. Both of them speak volumes.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:04 pm

pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:
patrick wrote:1. Middle class Filipinos are always with other middle class Filipinos.
2. Foreigners are with poor ghetto looking Filipinas, sometimes with their whole families, all of whom look poor and not accustomed to comfort.



Totally disagree! My proof? She's sitting in the next room sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Let's face it, as our movement grows, the thought of going overseas used to be only for outcast losers. Not anymore!!! As more middle class men realize that dating is messed up in the Western Hemisphere the more they will roam second and third world countries looking for women.

Using me as an example. After my divorce 10 years ago, I starting chatting with women from various countries. One girl was in marketing in Mexico City. She was the only person in her family who wasn't a lawyer. Next girl had her masters degree and worked as a programmer at IBM. She was from Singapore. Next girl also from Mexico was a high school teacher. My wife, has her 4 year degree in biology and she worked in industrial sales in Cebu. Clearly, all of them would be classified as middle class ladies.

When I was seeking a bride from Phils, I simply ignored poor women. Sorry, not interested. While this may have decreased the available pool it CERTAINLY didn't evaporate it all together. I still had plenty of opportunities to chat with girls working in call centers, teachers, programmers etc. Why was I successful? Why does Davewe have equal luck? Well the answer is that water will rise to it's highest level even in a foreign country. Call this an "It factor" but middle class foreign women are comfortable with me. Maybe I look and act the part but it is what it is.

I'm very very very convinced that if I had to do it all over again, it would very easy to repeat my level of success. Furthermore, do I believe a guy could come in and date the upper crust of filipino women? Why not? If you have the time, effort and contacts it's TOTALLY doable especially if you lived there for any period of time. Middle class/upper class filipinas have needs too. Phils still remains a place where there seem to be many more single women than men. Filipino men can be playboys and jerks. So they are there for the taking IF you polish your appearance and image (with image being the most important element to the equation).

I'll even take this one step further. I predict if you walk around at any mall in Phils in a nice $40 dress shirt, $50 trousers, $30 belt and $100 dress shoes you'll have that corporate image thing going on. This alone should chase the poor girls away because they'll feel out of place talking to you. But what does it do? It will open up an entirely different sub set of women who WILL be comfortable with your appearance. Ah yes, we are talking about the middle class ladies here. If you can afford to travel to Phils, you can afford a $250 to buy some nice threads. Top it off with a decent watch and some cologne and you should be good as gold.

But I can see a lot of guys who have a self fulfilling prophecy in that if you think you'll only be successful with lower caliber women then your fate is sealed.


Well first of all the Philippines doesn't really have a middle class. Not like we know in the West where a middle class person usually comes from middle class parents. In the West the middle class can afford to go to the Philippines on a holiday, drive a car, buy a house, have a good education. Can a middle class Filipina do that? For western people like us, the middle class Filipina's are still sort of low class.

The very small middle class in the Philippines are probably a few city people who did well in school and got a slightly better job with a $120 per month salary. They still come from poor families, who are constantly around them, and don't have a comparable wealth and behaviour like the middle class in the west. Ofcourse, if you walk around in a $100 expensive suit they will be impressed.

I also can't imagine that the very rich and very small upper class would want to hang out with some random foreigners. Unless they are rich, handsome and really have something to offer. There's no reason for them to jeopardize their image with some average foreigner from who they can gain nothing. As we all know, they rich care even more about what they can gain from a relationship than than the lower class
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 pm

pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:1. Middle class Filipinos are always with other middle class Filipinos.
2. Foreigners are with poor ghetto looking Filipinas, sometimes with their whole families, all of whom look poor and not accustomed to comfort.



Totally disagree! My proof? She's sitting in the next room sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Let's face it, as our movement grows, the thought of going overseas used to be only for outcast losers. Not anymore!!! As more middle class men realize that dating is messed up in the Western Hemisphere the more they will roam second and third world countries looking for women.

Using me as an example. After my divorce 10 years ago, I starting chatting with women from various countries. One girl was in marketing in Mexico City. She was the only person in her family who wasn't a lawyer. Next girl had her masters degree and worked as a programmer at IBM. She was from Singapore. Next girl also from Mexico was a high school teacher. My wife, has her 4 year degree in biology and she worked in industrial sales in Cebu. Clearly, all of them would be classified as middle class ladies.

When I was seeking a bride from Phils, I simply ignored poor women. Sorry, not interested. While this may have decreased the available pool it CERTAINLY didn't evaporate it all together. I still had plenty of opportunities to chat with girls working in call centers, teachers, programmers etc. Why was I successful? Why does Davewe have equal luck? Well the answer is that water will rise to it's highest level even in a foreign country. Call this an "It factor" but middle class foreign women are comfortable with me. Maybe I look and act the part but it is what it is.

I'm very very very convinced that if I had to do it all over again, it would very easy to repeat my level of success. Furthermore, do I believe a guy could come in and date the upper crust of filipino women? Why not? If you have the time, effort and contacts it's TOTALLY doable especially if you lived there for any period of time. Middle class/upper class filipinas have needs too. Phils still remains a place where there seem to be many more single women than men. Filipino men can be playboys and jerks. So they are there for the taking IF you polish your appearance and image (with image being the most important element to the equation).

I'll even take this one step further. I predict if you walk around at any mall in Phils in a nice $40 dress shirt, $50 trousers, $30 belt and $100 dress shoes you'll have that corporate image thing going on. This alone should chase the poor girls away because they'll feel out of place talking to you. But what does it do? It will open up an entirely different sub set of women who WILL be comfortable with your appearance. Ah yes, we are talking about the middle class ladies here. If you can afford to travel to Phils, you can afford a $250 to buy some nice threads. Top it off with a decent watch and some cologne and you should be good as gold.

But I can see a lot of guys who have a self fulfilling prophecy in that if you think you'll only be successful with lower caliber women then your fate is sealed.


I don't understand the point you are making. What you say is not even relevant. We are not talking about middle class foreigners in the Philippines. We are talking about middle class girls in the Philippines, the kind who have a house, car, eat out at restaurants and can afford to pay for it, and travel to different countries. Those types don't usually seek foreigners. They can fall in love with a foreigner, but they are not any easier to get than American girls. They are snobbish and exclusive and cold to strangers.

Are you saying that your wife is middle class? Does her family have a house, car, and eat out at restaurants on their own tab? Do they take trips overseas on their own tab?

Even if so, she is an exception. Did you read what I wrote about restaurants? You can easily test this yourself in the Philippines. Go to any nice restaurant there and you will see what I described. It speaks volumes. Your wife doesn't. Basic logic.

See what my friend said above about about the Filipinas he met on Tagged and Friendster. Any of you can try that test out yourself and see how friendly middle class Filipinas are.

For a third test, go to any SM Mall. Try chatting up the female shoppers there, the ones that have money to buy things at the mall. You will find that they are not much different than girls in America. Rock tried this and had a disappointing experience with non-p4p girls. Try this at a nice mall in Makati too. You'll experience what I mean.

nightwatchsf, are you willing to do any of the tests above? lol. Can we meet next time you're in the Phils? I want to see you try to approach middle class girls in SM Malls, the ones who have the money to shop and buy things on their own. Can I film you? Can you demonstrate how open and approachable middle class Filipinas are?

Can you post some photos of you and the FHM models you dated?

patrick wrote:Well first of all the Philippines doesn't really have a middle class. Not like we know in the West where a middle class person usually comes from middle class parents. In the West the middle class can afford to go to the Philippines on a holiday, drive a car, buy a house, have a good education. Can a middle class Filipina do that? For western people like us, the middle class Filipina's are still sort of low class.

The very small middle class in the Philippines are probably a few city people who did well in school and got a slightly better job with a $120 per month salary. They still come from poor families, who are constantly around them, and don't have a comparable wealth and behaviour like the middle class in the west. Ofcourse, if you walk around in a $100 expensive suit they will be impressed.

I also can't imagine that the very rich and very small upper class would want to hang out with some random foreigners. Unless they are rich, handsome and really have something to offer. There's no reason for them to jeopardize their image with some average foreigner from who they can gain nothing. As we all know, they rich care even more about what they can gain from a relationship than than the lower class


There are middle class Filipinas. Some of them are celebrities too. They live in nice places, have cars, fly in planes on vacation, go to nice restaurants, etc. They don't need foreigners to pay for them. I've met them before and they are very NON-flirtatious and not fun or carefree at all, but VERY uptight, similar to girls in LA. If you fly in or out of the Philippines on Philippines Airlines, you will meet them too.

Here is one example, Bianca King:

ImageImage

You can tell in that photo that she's used to comfort and class. There are many girls like that. You can see them in nice upscale places in the Philippines. They are not approachable at all. I'll bet you that nightwatchsf would get the cold shoulder and would not even dare to approach Filipinas of such class.

Wanna put it to the test nightwatchsf? Words don't mean anything. Action and results are the real proof.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby magnum » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:22 pm

A lot of good points.


I'm not interested in that part of the world, but, lets say I was, I'm not college educated nor do I have any substantial skill to bring to the table.


I honestly wouldn't feel right dating a girl who went to college is a programmer or owns her own business.


Where dose that leave all the guys like me?

A lot of the reason men leave and seek out women in another country is because nothing ever really had taken off life o the U.S.A.

But I can't help but feel guys like us shouldn't bother even trying to find women, as all we'll ever be are fake englishman teachers if we never go to college.

A lot of this sounds like just vented negativity but is honestly something I've been thinking about....if I go to another country and get this fantastic woman, am I no better than the femanist pig that latches its self on to men of greater income and a education when I'm not bringing anything to the table but my presence.

No its not exactly the same, as if you have commitment in your heart its a lot more than I can say for fema=nazis, but none the less, its a interesting point.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby OutWest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:40 pm

patrick wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:
patrick wrote:1. Middle class Filipinos are always with other middle class Filipinos.
2. Foreigners are with poor ghetto looking Filipinas, sometimes with their whole families, all of whom look poor and not accustomed to comfort.



Totally disagree! My proof? She's sitting in the next room sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Let's face it, as our movement grows, the thought of going overseas used to be only for outcast losers. Not anymore!!! As more middle class men realize that dating is messed up in the Western Hemisphere the more they will roam second and third world countries looking for women.

Using me as an example. After my divorce 10 years ago, I starting chatting with women from various countries. One girl was in marketing in Mexico City. She was the only person in her family who wasn't a lawyer. Next girl had her masters degree and worked as a programmer at IBM. She was from Singapore. Next girl also from Mexico was a high school teacher. My wife, has her 4 year degree in biology and she worked in industrial sales in Cebu. Clearly, all of them would be classified as middle class ladies.

When I was seeking a bride from Phils, I simply ignored poor women. Sorry, not interested. While this may have decreased the available pool it CERTAINLY didn't evaporate it all together. I still had plenty of opportunities to chat with girls working in call centers, teachers, programmers etc. Why was I successful? Why does Davewe have equal luck? Well the answer is that water will rise to it's highest level even in a foreign country. Call this an "It factor" but middle class foreign women are comfortable with me. Maybe I look and act the part but it is what it is.

I'm very very very convinced that if I had to do it all over again, it would very easy to repeat my level of success. Furthermore, do I believe a guy could come in and date the upper crust of filipino women? Why not? If you have the time, effort and contacts it's TOTALLY doable especially if you lived there for any period of time. Middle class/upper class filipinas have needs too. Phils still remains a place where there seem to be many more single women than men. Filipino men can be playboys and jerks. So they are there for the taking IF you polish your appearance and image (with image being the most important element to the equation).

I'll even take this one step further. I predict if you walk around at any mall in Phils in a nice $40 dress shirt, $50 trousers, $30 belt and $100 dress shoes you'll have that corporate image thing going on. This alone should chase the poor girls away because they'll feel out of place talking to you. But what does it do? It will open up an entirely different sub set of women who WILL be comfortable with your appearance. Ah yes, we are talking about the middle class ladies here. If you can afford to travel to Phils, you can afford a $250 to buy some nice threads. Top it off with a decent watch and some cologne and you should be good as gold.

But I can see a lot of guys who have a self fulfilling prophecy in that if you think you'll only be successful with lower caliber women then your fate is sealed.


Well first of all the Philippines doesn't really have a middle class. Not like we know in the West where a middle class person usually comes from middle class parents. In the West the middle class can afford to go to the Philippines on a holiday, drive a car, buy a house, have a good education. Can a middle class Filipina do that? For western people like us, the middle class Filipina's are still sort of low class.

The very small middle class in the Philippines are probably a few city people who did well in school and got a slightly better job with a $120 per month salary. They still come from poor families, who are constantly around them, and don't have a comparable wealth and behaviour like the middle class in the west. Ofcourse, if you walk around in a $100 expensive suit they will be impressed.

I also can't imagine that the very rich and very small upper class would want to hang out with some random foreigners. Unless they are rich, handsome and really have something to offer. There's no reason for them to jeopardize their image with some average foreigner from who they can gain nothing. As we all know, they rich care even more about what they can gain from a relationship than than the lower class



I dont know if you spent any time here, given the nature of your post. $120 a month (p5000) is not middle class here! LOL
Girls that work in Gaisano Mall make about that. My father in law is what most would consider "middle class" here. He is an engineer, works for a mining company and makes about P45,000 per month- that is a bit over $1000 monthly. His house is paid for, they have one family car, and a full time housekeeper. Another engineer I know here works for the local electric company- CEPALCO, and I think he makes about p40,000, or just under $1000 per month. His wife also works as a pharmacist. They have a car, two kids in private school,
and a comfortable house.

In fact, such families have some luxuries that could not be afforded by the typical American middle class family, such as a full time live-in housekeeper. In other ways they do not live as well as US middle class, the circumstances are hard to compare,
but it is nothing like $120 per month. That amount is about what my father in law pays for his utilities every month- I know, he was just complaining about that a couple of days ago over a beer

Outwest,
Mindanao, Philippines.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:43 pm

@winston

That girl looks high class. Not easy to satisfy i think.


A lot of good points.


I'm not interested in that part of the world, but, lets say I was, I'm not college educated nor do I have any substantial skill to bring to the table.


I honestly wouldn't feel right dating a girl who went to college is a programmer or owns her own business.


Where dose that leave all the guys like me?

A lot of the reason men leave and seek out women in another country is because nothing ever really had taken off life o the U.S.A.

But I can't help but feel guys like us shouldn't bother even trying to find women, as all we'll ever be are fake englishman teachers if we never go to college.

A lot of this sounds like just vented negativity but is honestly something I've been thinking about....if I go to another country and get this fantastic woman, am I no better than the femanist pig that latches its self on to men of greater income and a education when I'm not bringing anything to the table but my presence.

No its not exactly the same, as if you have commitment in your heart its a lot more than I can say for fema=nazis, but none the less, its a interesting point


i know what you mean. there have been enough suckers who are acting like a king and are dating above their standards in 3rd world countries. We all know what will happen when they take the woman to their home country and finds out his real status in society.
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 pm

OutWest wrote:
patrick wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:
patrick wrote:1. Middle class Filipinos are always with other middle class Filipinos.
2. Foreigners are with poor ghetto looking Filipinas, sometimes with their whole families, all of whom look poor and not accustomed to comfort.



Totally disagree! My proof? She's sitting in the next room sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Let's face it, as our movement grows, the thought of going overseas used to be only for outcast losers. Not anymore!!! As more middle class men realize that dating is messed up in the Western Hemisphere the more they will roam second and third world countries looking for women.

Using me as an example. After my divorce 10 years ago, I starting chatting with women from various countries. One girl was in marketing in Mexico City. She was the only person in her family who wasn't a lawyer. Next girl had her masters degree and worked as a programmer at IBM. She was from Singapore. Next girl also from Mexico was a high school teacher. My wife, has her 4 year degree in biology and she worked in industrial sales in Cebu. Clearly, all of them would be classified as middle class ladies.

When I was seeking a bride from Phils, I simply ignored poor women. Sorry, not interested. While this may have decreased the available pool it CERTAINLY didn't evaporate it all together. I still had plenty of opportunities to chat with girls working in call centers, teachers, programmers etc. Why was I successful? Why does Davewe have equal luck? Well the answer is that water will rise to it's highest level even in a foreign country. Call this an "It factor" but middle class foreign women are comfortable with me. Maybe I look and act the part but it is what it is.

I'm very very very convinced that if I had to do it all over again, it would very easy to repeat my level of success. Furthermore, do I believe a guy could come in and date the upper crust of filipino women? Why not? If you have the time, effort and contacts it's TOTALLY doable especially if you lived there for any period of time. Middle class/upper class filipinas have needs too. Phils still remains a place where there seem to be many more single women than men. Filipino men can be playboys and jerks. So they are there for the taking IF you polish your appearance and image (with image being the most important element to the equation).

I'll even take this one step further. I predict if you walk around at any mall in Phils in a nice $40 dress shirt, $50 trousers, $30 belt and $100 dress shoes you'll have that corporate image thing going on. This alone should chase the poor girls away because they'll feel out of place talking to you. But what does it do? It will open up an entirely different sub set of women who WILL be comfortable with your appearance. Ah yes, we are talking about the middle class ladies here. If you can afford to travel to Phils, you can afford a $250 to buy some nice threads. Top it off with a decent watch and some cologne and you should be good as gold.

But I can see a lot of guys who have a self fulfilling prophecy in that if you think you'll only be successful with lower caliber women then your fate is sealed.


Well first of all the Philippines doesn't really have a middle class. Not like we know in the West where a middle class person usually comes from middle class parents. In the West the middle class can afford to go to the Philippines on a holiday, drive a car, buy a house, have a good education. Can a middle class Filipina do that? For western people like us, the middle class Filipina's are still sort of low class.

The very small middle class in the Philippines are probably a few city people who did well in school and got a slightly better job with a $120 per month salary. They still come from poor families, who are constantly around them, and don't have a comparable wealth and behaviour like the middle class in the west. Ofcourse, if you walk around in a $100 expensive suit they will be impressed.

I also can't imagine that the very rich and very small upper class would want to hang out with some random foreigners. Unless they are rich, handsome and really have something to offer. There's no reason for them to jeopardize their image with some average foreigner from who they can gain nothing. As we all know, they rich care even more about what they can gain from a relationship than than the lower class



I dont know if you spent any time here, given the nature of your post. $120 a month (p5000) is not middle class here! LOL
Girls that work in Gaisano Mall make about that. My father in law is what most would consider "middle class" here. He is an engineer, works for a mining company and makes about P45,000 per month- that is a bit over $1000 monthly. His house is paid for, they have one family car, and a full time housekeeper. Another engineer I know here works for the local electric company- CEPALCO, and I think he makes about p40,000, or just under $1000 per month. His wife also works as a pharmacist. They have a car, two kids in private school,
and a comfortable house.

In fact, such families have some luxuries that could not be afforded by the typical American middle class family, such as a full time live-in housekeeper. In other ways they do not live as well as US middle class, the circumstances are hard to compare,
but it is nothing like $120 per month. That amount is about what my father in law pays for his utilities every month- I know, he was just complaining about that a couple of days ago over a beer

Outwest,
Mindanao, Philippines.



You might be right. I have only been a short stay tourist to the Philippines.
In 3rd world countries it's harder to determine who is middle class and who is not because it's mostly lower class and high class. Nothing in between.
Wearing a suit can change your whole social status and for people who are not familiar with the Philippines those subtle differences are not visible in a short stay.
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby davewe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

lavezzi wrote:
nightwatchsf wrote:6. Comment about 80% of the Philippina's being chaste. Not true. many claim they are because they are "good catholic girls". But having run across thousands of women in my time there almost all of them are beddable.


So where is the truth in this matter?


I am not sure why this is so important to you. I doubt anyone has done an accurate survey with a percentage result. And such a survey would be vastly different whether you are talking about Manila or somewhere in the provinces. And most critically what age category are you interested in? Obviously the percentage of 18 year old virgins will be much higher than the percentage of 28 year old virgins.

What I can say with confidence is that if a virgin is what you are interested in there are still many in PI. I spoke to many girls who at least claimed to be virgins.

What I can also say with confidence is that if you are not interested in a virgin you can find many of those women also. But it is a conservative culture and many girls who are not virgins have families who believe they are. I can say that with great confidence and experience :)

As to your comments about floozies, besides the fact that the term reminds me of flappers and the roaring '20s, there is a huge middle ground between virgins and "floozies" and that is where most girls in PI fall into.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Here is what my retired therapist friend said about the type of middle class Filipinas he met online. It concurs with my experience that the only middle class Filipinas looking for foreigners, are chubby older unattractive types.


"I neglected to mention that I did have one online relationship with a "high class" Filipina but she was not beautiful and was 45. She was an executive in Cebu and was fuckable by my low standards and was very well-educated though not much of a reader and not inclined to intellectual conversation. Her English was perfect and she also spoke many Phil. dialogues. I did not meet her on Tagged--we actually met on Blossoms. I have met an attorney there and an architect. The Melinda's Pen Pal site has many middle and upper-class Pinays and I have many friends on there who are doctors and architects and such--but all of them are just friends and they make this clear by addressing me in letters as "Kuya" (uncle) to show they have NO sexual or romantic interest in me at all. It was nice to be hooked up with the high class Pinay because she had the money to call me and would text me 7-10 times a day, something a lower-class girl can rarely afford. Ironically, even though I did not meet her on Tagged I ended our long-distance love before we could meet after doing a Tagged search and finding she was using the Tagged site as a pick-up site and she had lied to me and told me she was not on Tagged. We still text occasionally but she is the only upper-class Pinay I have ever had any luck with on the net. Many like me and some, I have noticed, will go so far as to give me their YM's (but they never chat or respond to offline messages) and some even extended invitations for me to meet them when they knew I was coming to Phils--but when I wrote and asked for their phone numbers, NONE gave them to me."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby nightwatchsf » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm

@magnum

There are also plenty of beautiful, sweet women in the Philippines without a college education who aren't out to take your wallet. No need to date above whatever level you feel comfortable with. I'm sure with just a little bit of looking you can find a mutually beneficial situation.

But beware that with girls from poor families there may be family pressures to pump you for money, even if the girls are crazy about you. Money complicates relationships. And the worst part is total irresponsibility often drives their financial needs. ie.. their parents are saving for a furniture to show off to the neighbors while several of their siblings have half their teeth rotting.

You don't have to bring money or skills to the table to make these girls happy. During my time in the Philippines I asked many girls (answer is mostly from the less educated) what they are looking for in a man. Answer -> kind, good heart, smells nice, and maybe a little bit gwapo. They aren't setting the bar too high, and if you knew how some of the less educated Filipino men treated their women you would know why. Drinking, gambling, womaninzing, love em and leave them (with a kid) are the norm. Its not uncommon for an unemployed male to stay at home drinking and gambling off his girlfriends money, then run away while she is pregnant and in debt.

So in other words don't be a total scumbag and there are plenty of women there you could make happy.
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Postby Jester » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

davewe wrote:there is a huge middle ground between virgins and "floozies"


So true.

I generally don't ask about a girl's past, but when they blurt out raunchy crap in the present, that sure is a turnoff.

A girl can have a past, but be a lady.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest