Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.
Bringing some damn positivity to this forum! So much life support can help...
Anyway, I am currently saving money for my epic trip to Norway this winter! I am planning a trip to visit my family before I go to Norway first. I met someone special there and I am going to meet up. I didn't think Norway would be a country I would be interested in, but they have easy immigration rules and the quality of life is bananas. Norway is also one of the best places to live as far as weather goes.
Yes, this trip is for real. I have money saved right now. By December, I will have more than I need to go to Norway. My writing job is really picking up right now, so I am thankful for that.
I am not sure how long I will be in Norway, but it has to be at least 2 weeks. I have to get winter clothes, which is something I haven't done in years. I am really excited about this!! Again, this is for real this time.
All you black men on this forum, I will write a diary and post pictures on this site. I will be proof that a young black man like myself can go to Europe! I am planning another European trip in summer of 2013 and I am visiting 7 other countries, but I wanted to go to Norway first, so I can say I went there and became happier abroad.
Thanks for reading
Bwahhahaha.....I LOVE Norway women. My experience with them here in the states has been awesome...they are thick curvy women there...well...some of them.
Happy trip there bro.
My first happier abroad country will be Switzerland or Germany as you can travel to almost any country in Europe thru Germany.
I will also show some stuff about my travels maybe even videos.
Are you sure Norway has easy immigration rules - e.g. no old age pension unless you've worked there for 40 years. I know Denmark is very expensive to stay - is Norway too? But I guess you can do things cheaply there. I think it's silly going to meet one girl - get to know other girls now and meet up with many girls in winter!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Norway is VERY expensive....alcohol is prohibitively expensive and food in restaurants is off the charts.
The BIG MAC INDEX? When I was there in 2001 the first time I went in and bought a big mac and was asked to pay? I think it was about EUR7 for a big max meal...I told the girl there must be some mistake....but when I checked the board it was correct.
I was sure glad I was not drinking when I was in norway. When Norwegians or Swedes go on holiday they very often get very drunk a lot of the time to make up for the lack of alcohol back home. Even swedes have told me they hate drunk swedes on holiday giving swedes a bad name.
I was in Bergen for three months. It is one of the most beautiful small cities in the world...a slice of paradise. But man does it rain there. They have dispensers for umbrella like other places have coke machines. It just rains ALL the time!!!
And Oslo can be very cold...it was minus 10 to minus 16 when I was there. Bergen is far more mild.
The roads are VERY treacherous especially when you come out of tunnels in the mountains....I nearly drove clean off an 800 foot cliff....only about 3 or 4 feet from going over the edge. If my wife was driving we would have been dead....for sure.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Yo, I want you to write a guest post for my blog as many times as you like.
I will have interviews with Black men who have married Western Europeans, Eastern European women and many more...
Norway is bananas, I would love to live there. Bergen is really nice...
Phoenix, good luck with your journey.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.
Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!
No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
1. You're joking about the weather part, right? July and August are fantastic, sunny and warm with 20+ hour days. But the long winters there are cold, dark, and depressing!!!
2. Norway is expensive like Japan. But its got a fantastic quality of life if you strip out the weather and lack of sun factor. If I had to choose a nationality, I would probably go for that one. Small population and a robust oil and salmon economy means everyone is pretty much taken care of I think. Also, if I had to do jail time, I would definitely opt to do it in Norway if I had that choice of country. Prison life there is probably better than the average person's life in some of the less desirable 3rd world shitholes.
3. I have a friend from there I often seen in Thailand. He's from Trondheim. He told me black guys wouldn't do too well in his city or Bergen cus they're just too small and girls are concerned about what others will think. He told me Oslo would by far be the best place for black guy out on the prowl cus it's the largest city and people are more open to new people and experiences there. Also, its large enough to be somewhat anonymous.
4. It would be interesting to find out which European countries black Americans can enjoy the largest handicap. You know, a sort of country to country comparison and also how they compare to the States. I get the impression that Germany is a great country for black guys cus a subset of girls there have been dating you guys since after WWII and are into the subculture. I noticed quite a few German girls are on Afro Introductions too.
5. Good luck, make the most of it, and share with us what u experience and learn.
Black guys are too small for Norwegian women? I can't believe it!!
If black guys are really too small for them, then what kind of men on earth can fit their sizes?
Also, here's an epic music called Norwegian Pirate. Enjoy it.
1. I read the weather part on Wikipedia. Something to do with it altitude. Maybe I am mistaken. I don't care about the weather. I want 4 seasons again. I haven't seen snow in 5 years.
2. Looking for hotels were a bitch. I did find a great hostel that is in my price range. This city is ranked 6th in population and the cost of living is still high. I will figure things out once I visit and see how it goes with her.
3. Too small? You mean in height? Norway wasn't a place I wanted to go, to be honest. This girl viewed my profile and I decided to message her. We just hit it off well. We video chat now and I am comfortable with her. I just have to see if your friend is right about black guys in Norway. Norway is still not on my list, but this girl is amazing.
4. I have been doing online experiments for the past year now and I have about 13 European countries I can go to and have no problems. The results are consistent. This is just how I get received. Don't know how it will be with other black guys.
5. Thanks, Rock. I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you all for the feedback.
P.S. Damn, that Asian girl has a fat ass, no PHAT. Pretty high and tempting
Rock's phat Asian woman has obviously been photoshopped! Winston should make all of us have Asian babes as avatars. Where is Winston anyway?
Back on topic, I'm in the UK, trust me Norway is expensive and cold. Quality of life is good, but only if you have money (well that's true of every single country on the planet). The language is strange. The food is also strange.
I was talking to my ex who lives in Southern China. She couldn't believe that when you live closer to the poles then it's darker in Winter and lighter in Summer! I guess that would take some getting used to if you live nearer the equator.
Sorry man, I've been speaking too much Chinese lately. My English is getting corrupted. I meant that the cities - Bergen and Trondheim, r too small in population and therefore, not as easy (according to my friend) for obvious foreigners or even outsiders, esp. black guys. Perhaps people there are more provincial and cliquish? He told me there's a lot of moonshine hillbilly types in those smaller Norwegian cities and outlying towns. Anyway, he thought Oslo, largest city and capital, would be much easier than other Norwegian cities for a black guy to score local women quickly.
One big advantage of Norway, almost everyone u meet under age 50 will likely speak nearly flawless English. And they seem to speak it more American style than the British version. I worked in Oslo for a summer in late 90s and even cleaning ladies in my firm could communicate in English.
My tenant Monkro, an Indian American who is dark complected, went to nearby Sweden (similar culture and mutually intelligible language) twice a few years ago and told me he did quite well and enjoyed full on intimacy with some late teen aged girls who he ranked as 8-9s. And this is a 5'6" guy who got almost zero in the States. He told me the exotic factor worked heavily in his favor.
I don't think Avatar gal is photoshoped cus original is quite big and looks legit. I've seen girls like that in Taiwan and in the States (ABCs or ABKs) before. Not so common but they do exist.