Ladies I met in Yunnan, China

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:Steve Hoca had a similar experience too.
viewtopic.php?t=8122
Steve Hoca wrote:2.) Phiipine women also assume that American women treat their men well. This is a major bone of contention with me Winston. I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion about it, but this can, at times be almost annoying. I mean think of it. Why in the hell would I be talking to a woman 12,000 miles away if women in this country already treated their men so damm well?

I think for the average Phillipine woman, there is a disconnect on this part. They don't understand the social dynamics of what dating is like for American men today. And they also don't understand that social interractions with Americans are reserved only for the work place, salespeople, family, and close friends. In America, the very idea of walking up to a group of people and trying to squeeze into their clique is unheard of. Even if you're at a sold out ball game with 80,000 roaring fans -- all cheering on the home team -- most of these people want nothing to do with others in the crowd, except of course for their small clique.
I would see no reason to ever set them straight. Just tell them I have too many gf's back there. Kind of gives me more latitude.

No need to promise to be a Boy Scout. Kinda limiting -- and maybe a little dull for the girl too. Girls like to feel they beat someone else out!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

A tall Han Chinese girl I met in Yunnan (this is the first time I'm mentioning her). I met her on my first trip to China, and visited her again during my second trip. Very sweet and easy to connect with. She actually invited me to lunch and insisted on paying the bill! I wouldn't let her though, and paid for all of us by quickly handing my RMB's to the restaurant owner. :P

She's also cooked some great Chinese food for me. :wink:

I ended up kissing her hand, and she said "thank you."

But Winston thinks she looks like she's from the boondocks, since she's got a "rougher" look.

Her younger brother is on the left.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

She looks good. Winston had a bar girl, while you are going for actual girls!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

I'm glad someone here is having a good time meeting really good and pure girls from the countryside in China. Lot's of gems there. She is kinda cute, but I have to agree with winston a little bit. She looks to be a 6 at least, but I bet she would be a 10 as a wife :D

The funny thing about all women is that, the number they start off with, can change drastically with better quality or food diversity, better shampoo, and better clothes and skin care products. If you introduce makeup, you can usually add at least 1 whole number to their ranking.

Sometimes the lack of sunlight due to the heavily polluted air in China makes their skin worse. Even some rural areas cannot avoid that if the wind is blowing in a certain direction.

Often times I know I am in China when I cannot hardly see the land from the plane due to what looks like "cloud cover". :lol:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

mguy wrote:She looks good. Winston had a bar girl, while you are going for actual girls!
I don't know how Winston can stand getting burned every 5 mins by you guys. So mean.... lol
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

That girl would probably be a solid 6 (maybe 7 with makeup) if she would gain 25 more lbs and add some tone to those chicken legs hehe. Plain jane tall Chinese girls like that can look amazing when made up. It's like night and day type differences.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:That girl would probably be a solid 6 (maybe 7 with makeup) if she would gain 25 more lbs and add some tone to those chicken legs hehe. Plain jane tall Chinese girls like that can look amazing when made up. It's like night and day type differences.
Good luck getting a Chinese woman to gain any weight. Their metabolisms are pretty damn high and most actually have alot of self-control and put down the fork, unlike their AW counterparts. They are not emotional eaters either.

What other Chinese men told me, is that you can wait until she gets older like cougar age, and they will fill out nicely. :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:That girl would probably be a solid 6 (maybe 7 with makeup) if she would gain 25 more lbs and add some tone to those chicken legs hehe. Plain jane tall Chinese girls like that can look amazing when made up. It's like night and day type differences.
I know, being used to chunky Latinas, I thought she was stick-thin. But she had a great personality, and that was what mattered. She's actually quite light-skinned compared to many of the locals.

Market day scene:

While in the same area, I also went out with another girl who was much chubbier (also the first time I'm mentioning her here). Monkro liked the skinnier one better, while most people in Mexico would prefer the chubbier one. She used to work in Dongguan, Guangdong as a factory worker. She had a super sweet, bubbly, extroverted personality and often made silly jokes in a very cute way. Maybe not the most attractive to some of you, but her engaging personality had really drawn me to her.

Neither of these two women are Winston's types (Rock had also said that Winston and I definitely wouldn't compete).
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just back from Malaysia. There are a LOT of Chinese women there. Quite a few chubby ones as well. This must be Westernisation at work.

Actually, this time in Guangzhou I saw a lot more overweight ladies than before - plus many more ladies with tattoos. China is changing at an astonishing pace.

China's population size always amazes though. My first Chinese gf's small city has a population 25% bigger than that of Kuala Lumpur.

Keep learning the Chinese, although I found it gets easy, then it gets hard. But grammar is pretty straightforward so just cram in that vocabulary.

Of course it's often useless as even if you get the tones dead on there are just so many Chinese people who still can't understand you. I had this problem at the train station, and Everdred and I couldn't even order a beer in a Chinese restaurant the other day! Very weird.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

xiongmao wrote:Just back from Malaysia. There are a LOT of Chinese women there. Quite a few chubby ones as well. This must be Westernisation at work.

Actually, this time in Guangzhou I saw a lot more overweight ladies than before - plus many more ladies with tattoos. China is changing at an astonishing pace.

China's population size always amazes though. My first Chinese gf's small city has a population 25% bigger than that of Kuala Lumpur.

Keep learning the Chinese, although I found it gets easy, then it gets hard. But grammar is pretty straightforward so just cram in that vocabulary.

Of course it's often useless as even if you get the tones dead on there are just so many Chinese people who still can't understand you. I had this problem at the train station, and Everdred and I couldn't even order a beer in a Chinese restaurant the other day! Very weird.
WHAT? Did you say, "Qing gei wo yi ping pi jiu."? Or just say "he pi jiu" or just pi jiu and show your hand drinking an imaginary beer?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

From absolute zero: :evil:

To rock star: 8)

Because it WORKS! :D

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Do these girls take up to white guys?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

kai1275 wrote:WHAT? Did you say, "Qing gei wo yi ping pi jiu."? Or just say "he pi jiu" or just pi jiu and show your hand drinking an imaginary beer?
I'm pretty sure Everdred said 你好。我要一瓶啤酒。

Everdred speaks great Mandarin, and he was able to find out the lifestories of several of those Chinese women who work in that old Chinese supermarket in ChinaTown.

Ah, we're so done with Chinese people here - yesterday we went and bothered some Sri Lankans instead :lol:.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

ladislav wrote:Do these girls take up to white guys?
Hard to tell. They'd definitely feel intimidated at first though. Most white guys never even step foot into the rural parts of SW China that I've been to, so there haven't been trip reports from white guys. Urban coastal China has always worked for white guys though. Nevertheless I have a feeling you'd still greatly prefer the Philippines.

And Xiongmao, where do the Sri Lankans hang out? I'd like to explore the South Asian communities in Bangkok. :D

Everdred's Dongbei (Manchurian/NE Chinese) accent amused all the ladies too. It's like being a newly arrived Asian immigrant speaking with a heavy Southern or Aussie accent in the States. :P

===============================

(More about the Yunnan Miao girl viewtopic.php?t=19527&start=15)

Once in Yunnan, I went out with a cute ethnic Miao girl who seriously thought she wasn't good enough for me. I can tell you the exact location by PM.

- She was chubbier and had darker skin, which were attractive to me but made her very self-conscious. She was quite ashamed of her body and had low self-esteem.
- When I told her that I was a college student, she was shocked and told me, "Why didn't you tell me earlier, I could have introduced me to some of my friends in college." She's a semi-literate school dropout from a poor mountainous village by the Vietnamese border, and had to do manual labor throughout her life. She was awed simply by my presence, and was ashamed that she was at a much lower level than me.
- I showed her one of my books, and she was extremely ashamed to even look at it. She said, "I can't read, I'm really dumb and never got the chance to go to school."
- It was also Lover's Day (情人节) in China that day, and she really thought I had to have a "better" girlfriend that I'd have to see that night. I replied that it's just her (就是你啊). She told me, "You're so tall and handsome, how can you NOT have a girlfriend?" She was so surprised that she was almost shaking a little bit. :shock:
- When I told her that I seriously couldn't find any dates back home (USA), she literally almost wouldn't believe me. I told her how US women had constantly ignored me and been mean to me too. While the Chinese-Indonesian girl (L)'s reaction was just bewilderment, the Miao girl actually nearly jumped and was genuinely shocked from near disbelief when I told her those things. In her mind, there's no way I could NOT have been a playboy stud. :P
- My knowledge of Miao language and culture also impressed her greatly. Non-local Han Chinese would usually know next to nothing about the Miao.

In Thailand, it would be very hard to imagine a well-to-do Bangkok Thai-Chinese dating a semi-literate hill-tribe girl from the boondocks.

Winston's "zero to rock star" claim had never been more evident for me that day. I myself was incredulous to see a woman react to me like that. Later that night, I was actually seething with anger thinking about how different my female peers were back home, in CA.