Peru Trip Report Nov 2012 (The Philippines was far better)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
steve55
Junior Poster

Peru Trip Report Nov 2012 (The Philippines was far better)

Post by steve55 »

I spent 2 weeks in Miraflores. From what I had read about Miraflores, I was expecting a much more cleaner and modern city. BUt it really was not much different than other parts of Peru I had seen in my previous trips. In fact, I found it to be Far dirtier and dusty and less modern than even Cebu and Manila. I felt I was always getting sick here too such as sinus issues that I never ever have in the US, and despite taking Pepto Bismal as a preventive measure and being careful with foods, I still had stomach issues for at least 6 days. I felt tired all the time there too.

I hit the clubs and bars (Aura, Gotika, Mamma Battatas - all in larcomar) and a few in Barranco. Didnt get any flirts or interest at all. Maybe I looked like I might be Latino given there are plenty of white skinned Latinos in peru, but even when I spoke english or my broken spanish (i.e. at the bars etc), or even when I did chat up a few ladies, the interest level still didnt seem to be that much different than here in US. Though, that being said, I thought I could sense I could do better here than in the US on average. Now, the one area that was EXTREMELY easy to do well in was the Internet dating with latin American cupid. Once I was able to meet the girls from online, it usually went VERY well after that. But I didnt get around to meeting as many as I would have liked to (long story as to why which I wont go into now). It seems most of these ladies have jobs and a busy schedule so quite often it required at least a day or two or more advanced planning just to meet up at a starbucks or wherever. Many ladies were VERY lackadasial about meeting up too. Many could only do so on the weekends despite my telling them I am only there for 1-2 weeks. So, compared to the Philippines, I was much less in demand and recieved far less attention and flirts. When it comes to women showing interest in you, the Philippines BLOWS AWAY Peru, thats for sure. I have no plans to ever return to Peru. I may try Columbia next time though. I dont know exactly what the deal was but this trip in peru beat me down in many ways that the Philippines did not. I suppose the Phils was easier for me too because people speak english there whereas in Peru, you REALLY have to know some spanish cause almost no one speaks English. I would say that the Philippines is a poorer country, but I found Miraflores Peru to be dirtier and less modern than Cebu or Makati in the Phils. To sum up, you can do pretty well with the ladies if you plan ahead and line up the ladies fro latin cupid (orwherever online). But just showing up and hoping to meet women by going out and about didnt work at all for me. No flirts, no stares (like was common in the phils). Ill try to load some photos later on when I get a chance.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Sorry it wasn't all you desired, but thank you for an excellent, useful report.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

It's great to get a local report. Have you been to any other countries in Latin America and how do they compare?

From my personal experience, Latin American countries from best to worst for women are:

Venezuela
Mexico
Uruguay
Argentina
Costa Rica
Chile

But that is over a long time period and in some cases I am just judging based on how friendly the women looked since I was traveling with my wife.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Steve,

Since you are talking about looks. Mind sharing some of your statistics?

Height?
Looks?
Color of skin?
Age?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

And what kind of music were they playing in the clubs?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Peru,Miraflores in particular is supposed to be the easiest place in SA to get laid according to some westerners but you have to be white..

Anyone on this forum who had luck anywhere in SA,
give us tips
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

So OP is not white?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:Steve,

Height?
Looks?
Color of skin?
Age?
I met him once awhile ago. If I remember right, he looks youthful 30s, around 5'8 - 5'9, Caucasian but with some carmel color in his skin, brownish hair, regular slimish build, and attractive. But IMO, the girls he seemed attracted to in Phils would not impress someone like you to say the least.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Rock

Pic in your avatar,

where in Asia you find girls with such a body type?
Is it photoshoped or real?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:Rock

Pic in your avatar,

Not sure but I don't believe she was photo shopped.

Girls exactly like her not common anywhere in Asia or anywhere on the planet I imagine. But you can find samples here and there who approach that body type in Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and even occasionally with Asians living in the west or S. America.

Understand, many women in Asia with potential to look like that will suppress it with diet cus they think it's too fat. This is especially true in China. Most women in Asia seem to just wanna be very slim. So sometimes the sexiest women are those who don't try so hard to fit the current dictates of the media or think for themselves and find their own unique curvy look.

I've know some slightly chubby Asian girls with amazing curves who went on serious diets, lost 10 kgs give or take and with it their special appeal. Yet other girls will congratulate them and tell them they look so much better, blah, blah - all brainwashed by the media.

As for her face, I think you find a lot with that look in Japan and perhaps S. Korea.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Rock wrote:
mguy wrote:Steve,

Height?
Looks?
Color of skin?
Age?
I met him once awhile ago. If I remember right, he looks youthful 30s, around 5'8 - 5'9, Caucasian but with some carmel color in his skin, brownish hair, regular slimish build, and attractive. But IMO, the girls he seemed attracted to in Phils would not impress someone like you to say the least.
ok good enough. I guess i'd really have to see it for myself. Even if I get a less than stellar time like he did I will still be happy for scoping it out.

I know exactly what you mean with Phils girl. Me and my friends make fun off it as it does seem kinda odd, but to each his own I guess.

OP,

Could you describe what you did while in Peru? Did you approach like mad-man during day or limit only to night scene? In total how many approaches? Was there a vibe that you got that made it not work?

terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

That's a shame, but it sounded like it wasn't a total waste of time and it would have been cheaper than 2 weeks in the Phills. We all live and learn.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Rock wrote:
Banano wrote:Rock

Pic in your avatar,

Not sure but I don't believe she was photo shopped.

Girls exactly like her not common anywhere in Asia or anywhere on the planet I imagine. But you can find samples here and there who approach that body type in Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and even occasionally with Asians living in the west or S. America.

Understand, many women in Asia with potential to look like that will suppress it with diet cus they think it's too fat. This is especially true in China. Most women in Asia seem to just wanna be very slim. So sometimes the sexiest women are those who don't try so hard to fit the current dictates of the media or think for themselves and find their own unique curvy look.

I've know some slightly chubby Asian girls with amazing curves who went on serious diets, lost 10 kgs give or take and with it their special appeal. Yet other girls will congratulate them and tell them they look so much better, blah, blah - all brainwashed by the media.

As for her face, I think you find a lot with that look in Japan and perhaps S. Korea.

Asian like to look like teenage boy while only trannies wanna be curvy

If Filipinas or Thais had bodies and facees like that it would be heaven

Maybe some asians would get like that if they put them on western diet,steaks, feed them with fried bananas so they turn brazilian
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out Steve's Peru trip report with photos posted on his site here:

http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/my- ... -peru.html

You can see photos of him and his girl there.

Check out this funny photo of an American woman he secretly took. lol

He wrote regarding this photo:

"On my way back to the US - When I took this photo (very discretely of course, lol), I thought to myself how priceless this photo really was. This photo perfectly describes the psychological mindset that seems to be so common with so many women in America today. It's a look of misery , emotional instability, and unhappiness.

Yet, one thing I noticed in my travels abroad is that I NEVER saw foreign women with this kind of miserable and despondent look in their faces. I mean, everywhere I looked, I saw that foreign women (in general) seemed to always be happy and well adjusted. They seemed to have positive psychological mindsets. This is just yet another one of the major differences I've found between American and foreign women. I believe this healthier mindset also partly explains why marriages to foreign women have only a 20% divorce rate compared to the US 50-60% divorce rate."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Check out Steve's Peru trip report with photos posted on his site here:

http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/my- ... -peru.html

You can see photos of him and his girl there.

Check out this funny photo of an American woman he secretly took. lol

He wrote regarding this photo:

"On my way back to the US - When I took this photo (very discretely of course, lol), I thought to myself how priceless this photo really was. This photo perfectly describes the psychological mindset that seems to be so common with so many women in America today. It's a look of misery , emotional instability, and unhappiness.

Yet, one thing I noticed in my travels abroad is that I NEVER saw foreign women with this kind of miserable and despondent look in their faces. I mean, everywhere I looked, I saw that foreign women (in general) seemed to always be happy and well adjusted. They seemed to have positive psychological mindsets. This is just yet another one of the major differences I've found between American and foreign women. I believe this healthier mindset also partly explains why marriages to foreign women have only a 20% divorce rate compared to the US 50-60% divorce rate."

That is one secret I have found to getting along with American women in a way, treat them like mental patients, assume that at least in part, they are
mentally ill. It really does help in dealings with them (Which I keep to the minimum!

Outwest