Peru Trip Report Nov 2012 (The Philippines was far better)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Check out Steve's Peru trip report with photos posted on his site here:

http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/my- ... -peru.html

You can see photos of him and his girl there.

Check out this funny photo of an American woman he secretly took. lol

He wrote regarding this photo:

"On my way back to the US - When I took this photo (very discretely of course, lol), I thought to myself how priceless this photo really was. This photo perfectly describes the psychological mindset that seems to be so common with so many women in America today. It's a look of misery , emotional instability, and unhappiness.

Yet, one thing I noticed in my travels abroad is that I NEVER saw foreign women with this kind of miserable and despondent look in their faces. I mean, everywhere I looked, I saw that foreign women (in general) seemed to always be happy and well adjusted. They seemed to have positive psychological mindsets. This is just yet another one of the major differences I've found between American and foreign women. I believe this healthier mindset also partly explains why marriages to foreign women have only a 20% divorce rate compared to the US 50-60% divorce rate."
Wow! That was really eye opening from Steve. And yes, that American girl has that typical 'unhappy look' to her face. On the other hand, the Panamanian chick was out of this world HOT! Damn! I would like to try several things on her--if I had the opportunity, lol!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

OP,

Could you describe what you did while in Peru? Did you approach like mad-man during day or limit only to night scene? In total how many approaches? Was there a vibe that you got that made it not work?
I spent most of my days at a Spanish school learning spanish, but after school, around 4pm, I typically walked the shops at Larcomar, and hung out at Starbucks a lot. I'm not the kind of guy to blatantly cold approach a girl like Winston does. I need some clue or sign to do that. If a girl looks at me in what I believe is a sign of interest, or sits down next to me (especially when she had other options), then I will try to say something to her to start a conversation. In Peru, I just never really got those vibes of interest or flirtation. It's very much like the US in that way. That being said, there tends to be a more richer clientel that goes to starbucks so maybe if I had hung out at a lower end coffee shop, perhaps my luck may have been slightly different, its hard to say. I will say this though, unlike hanging out in Starbucks in the USA, (where I very occasionally might be able to strike up a conversation with a women), the women in Peru were almost all ht/wt proportionate so whenever you do get that chance, she is likely to be attractive at least, unlike in the US where 80% of the time she is likely to be overweight or obese hence no point to it dating wise.

Walking around during the day, I never sensed any signs of interest or flirtation. Same thing at bars and clubs. For whatever reason, I drew no interest, as in girls looking at or flirting with me, and yet I'm a fairly descent looking guy.

The only thing that worked and worked EXTREMELY well was arranging to meet ladies from online. Latin Cupid worked quite well. If I had to do over, I would say SCREW day and night pick up game, go all out with Latin American cupid (or other sites) and arrange meet ups.

The Philippines simply BLOWS away Peru when it comes to ease of meeting women in day or night. And it does help a lot that girls speak English in the Phils whereas extremely few women in Peru do.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:

That is one secret I have found to getting along with American women in a way, treat them like mental patients, assume that at least in part, they are
mentally ill. It really does help in dealings with them (Which I keep to the minimum!

Outwest
+1

Seriously - quite useful advice.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Peru Trip Report Nov 2012 (The Philippines was far bette

Post by Taco »

steve55 wrote:
When it comes to women showing interest in you, the Philippines BLOWS AWAY Peru, thats for sure.
I agree with you, you can get a girlfriend in 2 minutes of searching here. I have virginal 18 yr olds throwing themselves at me everyday and sometimes I don't even shower or comb my hair before I go out and some already know I'm married. Also, its one of the few places where being over 6 ft. tall will not improve your chances with the ladies.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
steve55 wrote:
When it comes to women showing interest in you, the Philippines BLOWS AWAY Peru, thats for sure.
I agree with you, you can get a girlfriend in 2 minutes of searching here. I have virginal 18 yr olds throwing themselves at me everyday and sometimes I don't even shower or comb my hair before I go out and some already know I'm married. Also, its one of the few places where being over 6 ft. tall will not improve your chances with the ladies.
Taco, we may have discussed this elsewhere, please feel free to ignore if so... but what were your reasons for choosing PI over MX and LA? A while back you visited MX didn't you?

How did your experiences compare with PI?
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:
steve55 wrote:
Taco, we may have discussed this elsewhere, please feel free to ignore if so... but what were your reasons for choosing PI over MX and LA? A while back you visited MX didn't you?

Didn't taco at one time had multiple pinay Gfs and he chose to live with/marry the single mom because she screams his name in bed and can practically support his living expenses while he is in the Philippines? It's certainly a good life if you ask me.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

jboy wrote:

Didn't taco at one time had multiple pinay Gfs and he chose to live with/marry the single mom because she screams his name in bed and can practically support his living expenses while he is in the Philippines? It's certainly a good life if you ask me.
:shock: :!: :shock: :twisted: :?:
{heh heh sounds like this's gonna be JUICY}
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Sounds like a paradise in meeting women, compare to America.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:That is one secret I have found to getting along with American women in a way, treat them like mental patients, assume that at least in part, they are
mentally ill. It really does help in dealings with them (Which I keep to the minimum!

Outwest
Well I wouldn't go as far as defining women "mental patients", but their psyche can be violently different from ours, and is indeed worth learning to some "clinical" depth, if one wants to maximise the chances of success in finding and mantaining a healthy relationship.

Outwest, I was meant to ask you for a long time, so now's the time. Talking about Filipina psychology. How do you react/counteract your young wife's tampos, when they happen (hopefully not very often)?
jboy
Freshman Poster

Pinay tampo

Post by jboy »

I believe the best way to counter it is to let it simmer down and then when she least expects it, give her a hug or a compliment. It sure takes care of my ex-GF's tampo whenever it happens.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:That is one secret I have found to getting along with American women in a way, treat them like mental patients, assume that at least in part, they are

Outwest
Well I wouldn't go as far as defining women "mental patients", but their psyche can be violently different from ours, and is indeed worth learning to some "clinical" depth, if one wants to maximise the chances of success in finding and mantaining a healthy relationship.

Outwest, I was meant to ask you for a long time, so now's the time. Talking about Filipina psychology. How do you react/counteract your young wife's tampos, when they happen (hopefully not very often)?

Oh no! The tampo question! LOL...

Well first, my original comment was not about Women in general, it was about most American women. The safest bet is to assume they have mental problems and give them the kind of deference you might to a mental patient, while constructing your work-arounds all the while.

Tampos?

Well first of all, I think she is at the low end of such incidence for Filipinas- perhaps her close relationship with her father as well as her "objective" education background has an influence- she has a civil engineering degree. But with my long association with Filipinas I am quite familiar with tampos, (defining them exactly is another thing, as they do not describe very well without going into a rather lengthy explanation of culture.) and I would say two things work best: First, do not react much to the mood...act as if it is no big deal and just give space...making sure it does not appear to bother you.
Secondly, I make them a topic of humor when none are in sight, as in playful humor. Additionally, being careful to establish good lines of communication- be a man who is very easy for your wife to communicate with- that helps a lot.

I would say overall I do not use a direct resistance approach, but rather the deflection and defuse approach. One additional tip- I offer face saving escapes to defuse situations. This works well in fact in all kinds of situations all over Asia. Preemptively construct the face saving escape the adversarial situation requires. Some men live for years here and do not seem to figure this stuff out.

Deflect, defuse and dissipate opposing energy, and very importantly, be prepared to fill the void with very positive productive energy.

Outwest
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:Well first of all, I think she is at the low end of such incidence for Filipinas- perhaps her close relationship with her father as well as her "objective" education background has an influence- she has a civil engineering degree. But with my long association with Filipinas I am quite familiar with tampos, (defining them exactly is another thing, as they do not describe very well without going into a rather lengthy explanation of culture.) and I would say two things work best: First, do not react much to the mood...act as if it is no big deal and just give space...making sure it does not appear to bother you.
Secondly, I make them a topic of humor when none are in sight, as in playful humor. Additionally, being careful to establish good lines of communication- be a man who is very easy for your wife to communicate with- that helps a lot.

I would say overall I do not use a direct resistance approach, but rather the deflection and defuse approach. One additional tip- I offer face saving escapes to defuse situations. This works well in fact in all kinds of situations all over Asia. Preemptively construct the face saving escape the adversarial situation requires. Some men live for years here and do not seem to figure this stuff out.

Deflect, defuse and dissipate opposing energy, and very importantly, be prepared to fill the void with very positive productive energy.

Outwest
Great! The quintessential stuff you can expect from Outwest: wise, precise and concise :) I think what you just describe could be applied to virtually every situation where your beloved half, regardless of ethnical and cultural background, lets her hormonal spikes take over her rational mind. I don't have the same breadth of experience with Pinays as you, but I do remember a few clear tampos from my then date (especially a beautiful but tampo-prone Cebuana). I kind of tried to act like a mattress with a lattice of car-sized shock absorbers instead of springs, and it went away. The girl in question once wanted to leave the hotel right then, despite the time being past midnight. I tried to talk her into staying, and eventually had to resort to physically hugging her from behind and kissing her neck...a very physical act that didn't have much semblance of sophistication. Yet it worked...

I love this last statement of yours: deflect, defuse and dissipate opposing energy, and very importantly, be prepared to fill the void with very positive productive energy. I think this is excellent advice pill for anyone willing to keep a harmonious relationship.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice trip report, shame it was a disappointment.

Anyway, Asia will probably always be the best place to look for women. There are plenty of curvy Filipinas on my dating site... I get seriously tempted sometimes :P .

Curvy Chinese women do exist, and the local men don't seem that interested in them. All the Chinese brides I saw getting their photos taken were stick thin. Southern China is best for curvy girls, plus Cantonese girls often have nice personalities as well.

I think if I ever went to the Philippines then I really would lose my mind :oops: . I have little power to resist beautiful long haired Asian girls :shock: .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

jboy wrote:
Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:
steve55 wrote:

Your quite right. I have Filipinas screaming my name in bed all the time and the strange part is I don't know who they are because I haven't even met them yet, that's how good the Philippines is, craziest place I've ever been.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Taco wrote:
jboy wrote:
Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:
steve55 wrote:

Your quite right. I have Filipinas screaming my name in bed all the time and the strange part is I don't know who they are because I haven't even met them yet, that's how good the Philippines is, craziest place I've ever been.
Philippines is also so crazy because you can tell the Pinay that you don't have a condom and that you don't get hard when using one. Then she'll hesitate but she'd say, "Okay." And then you guys proceed.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!