Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Getting ready to go to Dominican Republic and Costa Rica

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Getting ready to go to Dominican Republic and Costa Rica

Postby Dark_Sol » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 pm

About to pull the trigger on getting a ticket to DR. My brother owes me $2000 for about 7 years and he is getting the money to pay me back(was hit by a girl when crossing the street, she ran a red light). I am also thinking of going to Costa Rica, my friend owns a time share there and I am going to ask if I can use it. Gets paying for a place out of the way.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Postby Ginger » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 am

Good luck with your preparations, keep us updated :)
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Good luck and enjoy your trip, Dark Sol.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby terminator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:54 am

Awesome! While you are there you should apply for residency - it's super cheap and easy and you don't have to spend much time in this country. It will be handy to have a escape destination you can legally live in. You'll meet tons of German women as this is a hot-spot for German tourists...
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: Getting ready to go to Dominican Republic and Costa Rica

Postby Rock » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 am

Dark_Sol wrote:About to pull the trigger on getting a ticket to DR. My brother owes me $2000 for about 7 years and he is getting the money to pay me back(was hit by a girl when crossing the street, she ran a red light). I am also thinking of going to Costa Rica, my friend owns a time share there and I am going to ask if I can use it. Gets paying for a place out of the way.

I plan on going to Santo Domingo on December 20 and staying in DR until mid January. I may travel around and visit some more cities there this time. If your trip coincides w/those dates, PM me and perhaps we can meet-up.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 am

terminator wrote:Awesome! While you are there you should apply for residency - it's super cheap and easy and you don't have to spend much time in this country. It will be handy to have a escape destination you can legally live in. You'll meet tons of German women as this is a hot-spot for German tourists...

Not just Germans. Lots of Russian women travel to Punta Cana also and there's russians migrating there too.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby Dragon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 am

Good luck. Don't die.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Dark_Sol » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

God damn it, It seems that my brother who owed me money and the nice extra income I am suppose to get wont happen until next month. The problem is that I wont have any vacation time until march. I am getting desperate, to the point that I might have to sell my weapons.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories