Mguy in Colombia

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

It is good that Americans are giving their views about Colombia. I am wondering if non-white guys can have a chance?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

aozora13 wrote:It is good that Americans are giving their views about Colombia. I am wondering if non-white guys can have a chance?
You can get an ESL job in Bogotá (la capital de Colombia). Just be nice at all times. And be smart with your money.
In Bogotá, they are ruthless for trying to "engañar" (i.e. to rip someone off).

I cussed out a cab driver in Spanish at least once every other week. Take the local "family looking buses". See, this is why love Colombia, the Philippines when it comes to this one thing: everybody can be a cab driver in those countries. They have laws, but they aren't followed all the time...meaning that unregistered people can enact as their own cab company.

I worked ESL for a brief time in Bogotá and spent that money w.horing in Medellín and Calí like crazy.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 30th, 2013, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
aozora13 wrote:It is good that Americans are giving their views about Colombia. I am wondering if non-white guys can have a chance?
You can get an ESL job in Bogotá (la capital de Colombia). Just be nice at all times. And be smart with your money.
In Bogotá, they are ruthless for trying to "engañar" (i.e. to rip someone off).

I cussed out a cab driver in Spanish at least once every other week. Take the local "family looking buses". See, this is why love Colombia, the Philippines when it comes to this one thing: everybody can be a cab driver in those countries. They have laws, but they aren't followed all the time...meaning that unregistered people can enact as their own cab company.

I worked ESL for a brief time in Bogotá and spent that money w.horing in Medellín and Calí like crazy.
When are you not a whore?
LOL
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Twobrains wrote:Mguy, I've seen you posting about the Philippines too. I'd be very interested to read your thoughts about the vibe there as compared with Cali.
Latinas and Filipinas are apples and oranges. From what I see, Latino love is more passionate.. so passionate.. that it becomes over the top passionate. Filipina love is more subtle and practical. Latinas are spicy. I would never call a Filipina "spicy".
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

mguy wrote:Latinas and Filipinas are apples and oranges. From what I see, Latino love is more passionate.. so passionate.. that it becomes over the top passionate. Filipina love is more subtle and practical. Latinas are spicy. I would never call a Filipina "spicy".
Absolutely agree! As another young Asian-American guy who's now been to both Latin America the Philippines, I completely get what you're talking about. Filipinas are sweet, cute, and giggly. Mexicanas are caliente, aggressive, and seductive. 8)

Now overall, which one would you prefer, Colombia or the Philippines, for dating?

Personally, I find the Philippines and Mexico to tie with each other. Never mind the "old white guys" who complain about Mexico as the worst place for dating. :P

1. Mexicanas are more fiery when it comes to flirting and sexuality, but as a result tend to have more of a temper than the Filipinas or Chinese.
2. The campesina girls in Mexico appear to be sharper overall (or less "chicken-headed" in your terminology), but the more simple-minded provincial Filipinas also make for sweet partners.
3. Mexicanas usually are much curvier, so that's something harder to find in SE Asia.
4. Filipinas are often mas mahiya (shier), unlike the "Hey papi chulo let's go" attitude that I miss from the Mexicanas. Mexican women also love to dance, but many Filipinas would be too shy to do so. At the bailes, Mexicanas would even line up or compete with the other muchachas to dance with me. Plus, Filipinas like their soft, romantic Tagalog and English pop songs, while Mexicanas like their spicy, danceable cumbia and ranchera songs (the latter being more my style).

If I could only choose one country and not have to worry about location or jobs, I might actually choose Mexico over the Philippines. But, this is only a slight preference as of now.

But still, among different Asian nationalities, Filipinas still vibe the most like Latinas. Thai women might be more like Cambodians or Vietnamese.