Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

N/A

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey Terminator,

To answer your questions:

1. Was the 12 Euro trip from airport to city on a train/bus? If so, does it run frequently?

Yes every 15-20 mins, it's a train run by trenitalia and it will quickly get you into the city.

2. How can you tell the "good" restaurants? - Surely, the foreigners would make them look identical to Italian ones?

No not true, you will see middle eastern and russian guys who own restaurants trying to be authentic italian. They even speak Italian! You will now the difference but one good indicator is pictures of food outside of the restaurants.

3. Is it expensive to do touristy things like go to Ancient sites, Museums, etc - I guess you can take public transport, but does it take a while to get to know it if you don't speak Italian?

Not at all. All tourist tours are usually given in English. I recommend a tour of the Vatican has an underground cemetery and also the colosseum. After you see those two get the hell out of Rome as other italian cities have much more to offer like Florence.

4. How much are your own rooms at hostels as I HATE dormitory beds, but I still want to meet girls at the lounge/pool at hostels.
You can get a private for about 40-50 Euro's/Night and still use the facilities, bar area and of course meet girls.

terminator wrote:Hi Eurobrat - it sounds like you're having an amazing time - just a couple of questions:

1. Was the 12 Euro trip from airport to city on a train/bus? If so, does it run frequently?
2. How can you tell the "good" restaurants? - Surely, the foreigners would make them look identical to Italian ones?
3. Is it expensive to do touristy things like go to Ancient sites, Museums, etc - I guess you can take public transport, but does it take a while to get to know it if you don't speak Italian?
4. How much are your own rooms at hostels as I HATE dormitory beds, but I still want to meet girls at the lounge/pool at hostels.

Thanks
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Winston wrote:Eurobrat,
I just wanted to say thank you for your trip report. Please forgive the negativity on this forum. You have to understand that a lot of guys here are suffering and need to vent their anger and whine. Trip reports like yours at least give them a glimmer of hope. And without hope, a man has nothing. So at least you can help provide a glimmer of light for them. So on behalf of everyone here, I thank you.

Glad to be that shimmering ray of light out of all the bitching here on this forum. If you want to change your life you need to work hard and just make the changes yourself. Only you have the power to change your environment.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:59 pm

OzGuy wrote:I now live in Switzerland and had the pleasure of meeting up with Eurobrat in Chur :P

Thanks for meeting with me OzGuy I had a great time discussing life and the Anglo countries with you and will hopefully meet you again. By the way a great place in Italy to go with your girlfriend is Lago di Como about 3 hours from Zurich, I am here right now. Prices here are about 60% less than Switzerland when it comes to food, clothes and other stuff.

It's only about 3 mins from the Swiss border. I can literally stand at the border in this town and walk back and forth all day saying "I'm in Switzerland, no now I'm in Italy".
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby momopi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 pm

You're on vacation, enjoy it! Eat! Drink!

Diets are for after you come back. ;p
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby eurobrat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 am

momopi wrote:You're on vacation, enjoy it! Eat! Drink!

Diets are for after you come back. ;p

Exactly!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories