(Reluctant) notes on my Davao and Medellin stays

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:Infrastructure there looks identical to the states! Same road signs, stop light's and road styles!
Twobrains wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Just curious two brains which country are you from so that I know what you are comparing it to.
I'm from the UK. £1 is about 65Php and $1 is about 40Php.

Here are a couple of photos of Davao:

Not really, eurobrat. Shantytowns are ubiquitous in the Philippines, and they resemble the infrastructure (from what I had personally seen in person)
about 60 to 70 percent of the country. Even outside of SM Mall in Angeles City there's a shantytown you can see from the connecting sky-walkways
that looks like the downhill Hummer scene in Bad Boys II shot on location in Havana, Cuba (yup they have shantytowns too that look exactly like
the ones in the Philippines).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Twobrains wrote:
publicduende wrote:There are thousand ways to seduce a woman, whether she's from Colombia or Cambodia. So long one wants to get his feet wet... The issue with short term travellers and sex tourists, as dissected several times on these pages, is the lack of time and willpower to pursue a particular woman.
True. I wouldn't rule out being able to seduce any woman from 18 to 50, from any country, given a few hours alone together in a private room (assuming basic verbal communication was possible), free from external influences.

But those last four words are the most important part of the whole equation. Depending on the country, there are hugely different external influences on the girl. I've been in situations in the UK where an attractive early-twenties girl has shown clear interest in me, but her friends pulled her away, because I'm 'too old' according to their model of what is acceptable. Whereas in the Philippines a large number of girls are already married to old guys and the precedents are in place - other girls can see a rationale for it (usually money) and can excuse, or even envy, the girl's aberrant behaviour. Women are herd animals and they are loathe to leave the safety of the pack. Given time, multiple dates, and a fair amount of secrecy, they can sometimes be persuaded to risk sisterly disapprobation if the sexual chemistry is strong enough. But it seems to me this website is all about those external influences, and moving to places where you don't have to sweat it so much.
The irony being that as more guys ghost, game, go overseas, or otherwise remove themselves from consideration, the less foolishness the remaining guys have to put up with. The "herd" talks loads of crap, but talk doesn't cover the bills. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Shantytowns are made out of the following:

Walls - brick;
Ceiling - metal roofing;
Ground - usually the earth's ground of dirt and rock; sometimes no floor tiles
And it looks like a strong wind can bring it down at any time.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Twobrains wrote:
True. I wouldn't rule out being able to seduce any woman from 18 to 50, from any country, given a few hours alone together in a private room (assuming basic verbal communication was possible), free from external influences.

But those last four words are the most important part of the whole equation. Depending on the country, there are hugely different external influences on the girl. I've been in situations in the UK where an attractive early-twenties girl has shown clear interest in me, but her friends pulled her away, because I'm 'too old' according to their model of what is acceptable. Whereas in the Philippines a large number of girls are already married to old guys and the precedents are in place - other girls can see a rationale for it (usually money) and can excuse, or even envy, the girl's aberrant behaviour. Women are herd animals and they are loathe to leave the safety of the pack. Given time, multiple dates, and a fair amount of secrecy, they can sometimes be persuaded to risk sisterly disapprobation if the sexual chemistry is strong enough. But it seems to me this website is all about those external influences, and moving to places where you don't have to sweat it so much.
This is the issue. Thanks for stating it clearly.
tomblos
Freshman Poster

Re: (Reluctant) notes on my Davao and Medellin stays

Post by tomblos »

The property market is booming in Colombia and especially Bogota, Medellin and some other big cities. The prices are becoming pretty expensive now too. Rental apartments in Bogota are priced at least twice compared to other cities in the country. You can find pretty good deals on new construction apartments for sale and a good business would be to invest in a couple of these to let.