Back from the dead and in China

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

teaching english is a easy enough gig to get, at least teaching the little kids, though I'll admit I really don't want the job nore think I would be vary good at it. to get in china, and if the girls chinese I'm sure she'll work too, no I wont be rich, but I'll be well off, and that is if i don't take her back to the U.S though, I don't really want to live in that hell hole, to be honest it's easier for me to get a job here then in the usa...go figure.

I would LOVE to bang 100s of chinese girls....I'm sure I could plant more crops then a farmer, but I'm waiting for the one and only, I'm THAT guy, the one that really is doing the morality thing, the guy girls pretend to want.

not even going to a strip club, and trust me, I'd love to go to a strip club in china... *slams face in to computer* might not go over well though, 27 years of pent up sexual rage, you put me in a strip club, mini-hulk might jump out of my pants and beat the dancers to death....his name isn't hulk though it's hydra, cause you cut one head off, another grows back!...yeah I know i know..

I was up for 4 hours last night laying in bed thinking, if I went home soon, I could get back to china or head to japan before my 28th birthday in may, or I could extend my stay until the 10th of next month as my host has let me extend my stay if I'd like.

As for the value of me, if all my value comes from my cash value, then I guess I really should stay alone, I would love to say I'm secure with funds, but I got a very late start in life, and I don't have many things to offer the work force, I could do personal training IN CHINA only, english teaching in china, or go home and work fast food IF they HIRE me... and contenplate suicide while white bitches yell at me because I'm a lesser human being for working a low end job, while they leech off the poor sucker of a man who is sad enough to support the fat girl who wont even cook him dinner or make love to him.

I know someone that works a lagit job makes about 120k+ a year, and it makes me sick to think some slut is making double or triple that off of websites working for 2 hours a day in a chat room...that's a sick system.

Just thinking of going back to the usa gets me ranting hahah...

Thanks for the advice as always guys.

The 14th is some kind of chinese valintines day, its a chance to take one of the girls i've been talking to out, only one girl I know speaks english, good bet, she's vary cute so maybe I'll make a go of it, I don't see my chancese opening any more before the 10th, so I might go for it, a few dates can't hurt, it isn't like its expensive here, even more so in shenyang!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just build your confidence, Chinese chicks love confident man.

One lady I know in China offered to put me up in her apartment, rent free. Ha ha ha I know what she's planning. There are plenty of women like this in China.

Don't worry about missing out on the younger girls. When I was 39 I dated a couple of 25 year olds. I even nearly visited a 24yo. I prefer the 28-32 age as they're more womanly and more willing to settle down.

Oh well, 2 days till I go to China. I think I've found a job as well so that will pay the bills while I'm out there.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I was trying to be done with this forum, since the idea of Happier Abroad has been lost, but seeing Magnum's posts I had to jump in here. I have been living in China 2.5 years and been all over the place. I think I may have some advice:

DON'T GO BACK
If all you have to look forward to going back is working fast food and loneliness, don't do it. Take the personal training gig. Teach some English only if you have to, but stay where you are.

Be patient with finding a girl. Take your time and they will come to you. Every single place I ate at regularly had at least one or two girls trying to get me. It's not like they threw themselves at me the first time I walked in. Over time, though, when it was clear I was living there and not going anywhere, things heated up quickly.

Most Chinese girl's parents are not into them dating a foreigner, but more Chinese girls are down for it than you can imagine. They have a great fear, though, of being used as a play thing and the guy flees to his own country. Once they know you are there for the long haul, you will see a huge difference in interest.

DON'T GET A GIRL WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH
It may seem easier, because you're in a rush, but just don't do it. I did that and it was the worst mistake I ever made here. Guys I knew who got girls who didn't speak English (or their language) are speaking Chinese so well, so fast! I have been here 2.5 years, and now I am living here with family, but because I speak English all day in the home and even in the office (when I worked) I can barely hold a basic conversation. I have to ask people to speak slower, repeat things two or three times or, worse, rely on my girl to translate for me.

When me and my girl lived just the two of us in Shanghai, all was fine, because my whole life was in English. Now we live in a tiny town, in the country and she is around all her friends and family. She is living in a Chinese world, now, and her English is getting worse by the hour, which is affecting our own communication. I am also slowly getting better at Chinese, because I am around it more too, but I am still busy so I can't hang around and talk to folks all day. Also they speak their own local language here anyway. I can understand radio and TV much better than real people.

Just today I was out alone to buy fruits and stuff and I stopped to chat with the noodle seller, whose son comes to play at our house a lot. She talks so fast it often sounds like gibberish to me and I pick up a word here or there. I am mostly jus guessing what she is saying and then reply. (I can speak fine, actually, but I can't understand as well)

I will probably pay the big money, like Xiongmao, and go to one of those Chinese schools.

If you're going to live there, LIVE LIFE IN CHINESE And start now! The next date you go on, start letting the girl teach you little things. Showing you are really interested in learning her language and culture will also show you are more serious and not playing around. I will say again, LIVE LIFE IN CHINESE and start now!

STOP WORRYING ABOUT AGE
I have cute net friend who is 19 and her white American boyfriend is 39. I know a guy in his 50's whose hot girl is 24, and the dude ain't got shit, so its not about the money. He isn't much to look at either. And she is crazy about him. To each his own, I guess, but when the population is this big, I think everyone will find something.

To that monster that said we got balls to live in China (sorry I remember the avatar and not whose name was atatched), it doesn't balls to live here. Life is too easy here and every thing flows so much better than in the western world, or pretty much anywhere I have been. I couldn't enjoy even a fraction of the life I am enjoying here if I lived anywhere else. Sure Japan and Korea are still better than the US, but they are not even close to here. The only one drawback I see to living here is the visa issues for Americans. They make it difficult and expensive.

If the visa processes were easy like the Philippines and I knew about smaller cities in China before I left the USA, I don't think I ever would have visited any other country.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

OK I am now in China.

I'll write (much) more later but currently I'm sorting out the fact that I left my credit card in the airport and I need a laptop charger.

Initial impressions:

Nice weather here, 21C in Guangzhou and women are wearing fur coats while I'm in a t shirt! Sadly I haven't seen any Chinese women with bare white legs, but it's meant to get to 28C next week so the Summer mini dresses should make an appearance.

I was one of only 2 foreigners on the Beijing to Guangzhou flight. There were a few Chinese from the far NW, and I was obviously the first foreigner they'd ever seen! Guys - you're VERY exotic here.

Beautiful ladies are everywhere as usual, although being new year the place is much quieter than usual. I still had to stand on the metro though.

Oh, and 1.5 hours is not enough time to get a connecting flight at Beijing, although with the advantage of having been there before and a lot of running I managed to get on board with 3 minutes to spare!

Do you need balls to live here? It's taken a big leap to quit my job, sell my stuff and come and live here. Coming here and dating Chinese women isn't easy but are they worth it? Absolutely. I was on a plane load of Chinese women this afternoon (morning?) and even the grandmothers still had good bodies!

8 hours time difference and I've been up for 24 hours straight - I'm gonna pay the price for that in the coming days!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

OK enough with the threadjacking, here's my new thread...

viewtopic.php?p=119521#119521

I've been outside again. I successfully used my Chinglish to buy a power adaptor for my laptop. Neither lamp works in my hotel room and the safe is a mystery as the Chinglish instructions don't work. Even worse, the beauty salon is closed for the new year, and the hotel is running with a skeleton staff. Still, I got a room upgrade for being such a good customer (of the hotel I presume, not the beauty salon!!!!)

On the upside I've been for a very long walk and seen countless absolutely beautiful women. It's 21C (but feels 25C) but Gz women are for the most part dressing in opaque tights and overcoats. I even spotted a woman wearing a cape. Oh well when it warms up the the clothes will come off!

I've seen a lot of hot "slutware", i.e. high boots, short vinyl skirts or shorts and lots of that stuff that makes you turn your head.

I'm through with online dating, I will investigate ways of meeting the hottest Chinese women out there. Bus stops look good hunting grounds, and I can easily pretend to be lost!

Initial impressions of the dating scene here? If you guys want to date 10's here, you're gonna have to take them shopping a lot. Are they worth it? Of course! If I braindumped what I'd seen tonight, Winston would be booking the next available flight to Baiyun International Airport.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Thanks for the advice about not going back, but I don't see any other choice, after the english teaching job interview they said I need the the 4 years behind my belt, or something that says i've done it, I have a friend who can fake a diploma, but the problem is they want 4K to do it, screw that.

The personal training gig is fine, but I still would need a work visa, I'm not sure how much that'll run me.

I have this idea going with my friend though, I might be able to make 1k US a month just sitting on my ass, and if I can do that mixed with a personal training job, I might just have found my prolonged ticket, not only to china, but hell I could even hit japan with that setup.

Failing with the ladies i'm sorry to say, today was valentines day, and the 2 prospects I had both said no to going out, hell I'll be honest, I didn't even "ask" them out, I said "hang" out, but I still got shot down, the excuses were lagit... one girl had work, and I know she did go to work because I exercise at the gym she works at, the other said she had to drop her sister off at the airport...so who knows...to top that off, my buddy met up with his friend who was bringing along her cute girl friend, she was about a 7.0 but she smoked so damn much my god, kissing that must be like a ash tray! she finished off half a box of sigs in one sitting at the table, and I sware sounded like she had cancer already! she ended up having a boy friend, my buddy thought she was signle, glad I found out because I almost asked her out.

This one average looking girl seems really intersted in me, too interested actually, she's 19 years old vary nice girl, she'll be in shenyang on the 3erd of next month I think, I might go out with her, I don't want to destroy the poor girls mental stability, I'm harmles to her physically, but I doubte I'll fall for her.

You are right though, I like it here....and if I go back to the USA...just to work 2 jobs back to back in a effort to get back to china and see japan... that's a long 3 to 4 months to keep your eye on the ball and not lose focus while fighting the mental negativity I'll be all too aware of.

My visa runs out in 24 to 27 days, I've got to make a choice fast, I'm not even sure how much renewing it will cost or how long the process will take, and if I want a work visa I think back in the USA it was 400$, so it sure won't be cheep that's for sure
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

So a little update, I resigned up for the gym for a month, it was about 300 rmb, not bad compared to the prices back home for a gym membership!

I've mannaged to land a "hang out" with this chinese girl who's a part time model, lets see where this takes me, half of me is excited because she's a 9 out of 10, but half of me thinks that's a vary bad thing and she could be super stuck up, we'll see, it all depends on how much value she puts on me in her mind I guess.

Even in china you can't escape mind games!

I was thinking of extending my visa, but I don't even know how to go about doing that while in china, and how much it would cost.

Japan is still a dream for me, but if i went I'd have only 1785$ to last a month, and I think the hostil would be 700$ for a month, so that's 1000$ flat for food and transportaion.

I'll probably have a new post about japan soon, but anyone know how suicidal it would be to attempt a trip to japan on the micro funds I have?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Japan can be done on a budget, but you'll need to find somewhere to stay for free. Try swapping English lessons for a room. And don't skimp on healthcare either. I found a plan for around $175 for 12 months - basically it's a long stay travel plan that will do until they can get you home (and for us Brits healthcare is free at home). After that you need food, and food is fairly cheap in Japan, but food is going up in price everywhere. Coke used to be 2.2RMB here, now its 3RMB!

The problem with Japan is that you'll go on a date and burn through $100 in an evening so I don't think your plan is realistic. You'll need $$$$ to date any girl that looks like an AV Idol.

Compare this with China... today I've spent about $0.60 on the metro and $5 on food. Plus my ex just told me that if I make 15 metro journeys a month then they start cutting 40% off my trip costs!

Visas can usually be extended by 30 days... if you get friendly with the local police they'll normally extend for longer. Contacts are EVERYTHING here.

There are some beautiful girls here, but I'm wary of approaching women in the street. There was a smoking hot girl in the hotel's shop earlier - legs up to her armpits, but she was dressed like an off-duty hooker.

Try to friendzone some girls who have no interest in you but who like to chat to you... they'll be your ticket to their hot friends.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I'll have to do that, thanks for the tip xiongmao.

This one girl I know who's a part time model chatted me up for than any other girl and was super friendly to me for a evening so I made the leap and asked her out, but she said no, but she would still be up for hanging out, that really gutted me because we had a bunch in common, but I guess if I'm in the "friend" zone I'll have to make the most of it and pray she brings around hot friends.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

The job market in my home town is work at fast food or get super super lucky and know someone.

I'm flying home for 10 days, then I'm headed to visit my friend who's in the navy, he lives for free in his home, we're like brothers, said I don't have to pay rent while i"m saving up to depart to japan.

At that time, for the next 5 months, I'm going to work my brains out, so I can save up for work visas ect, for both china and japan, I don't know how all of it works yet, as I've only went through the process of getting a holiday visa.

I'm interested in akihabra in japan, they a intense Japanese learning program, I ca,n get a work visa or student visa if i was to attend, I'm not sure how much it is though, I figure I can try that, learn some japanese, if I ended up liking it less than china I'll escape and fly back to china and try my chances at finding a job in whatever city I pick.

My plan isn't solid at all, but i'm attempting to figure out where I want to live, and do it as fast as i can so I can still be in my 20s and find a wife before 30, but the world seems like it's working hard to stop me.

The deal is honestly, if I didn't land a date in 2 months in china, I'm just not dating material, maybe it's usa brain washing holding me back, but the only girls who were interested in me here were the ugly or unattractive girls, so in part I guess I could have had a date, but who the hell wants a fat girl, or a ugly girl, I rather stay single!

I heard japanese girls like white guys a lot, so who knows, maybe I'll land a cute/hot girl in japan, but truth is i"m not just looking for ass, I want a nice girl, finding a nice girl who's both attractive and interested in a foreigner is a vary hard thing, for me anyway..

Zero experience with women in the usa, I only dated 2 girls in the usa, both ended horribly, I don't know how chinese dating culture differs than are own, but my buddy told me they don't "date" you just hang out and then if you like each other you become boy friend girl friend, this system has constantly f***ed me, because how am I going to make the moves on the girl, if I can't "date" her, probably why i failed with the girl who treated me nice.

You guys might call bull shit on this, but i've put more effort in to finding a girl friend or wife than most guys ever will, going from 300 lbs to athletic, flying half way across the world, I'm not kidding when I say I want a wife before 30, its just too bad I wasn't smart enough to do this 10 years ago, but could of would of should of!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you didn't date in China, you'll do worse in Japan. I got nowhere in that place.

China was a different story. I was 37 and never dated a girl when I landed in China for the first time. I'm a little overweight and my hair is mostly gone. It doesn't matter that much, your game is more important. CONFIDENCE is important here. Start being a hands man and if she resists, then find another girl.

There are many beautiful girls here but I don't know how I would get a date here. I think the best thing is hang out in China, learn the language then start dating from your pool of friends of friends. Also big cities like Guangzhou have many places where girls go to meet expats.

Of all the women I've dated in China, maybe only one was an 8, but her face was a bit beat up. Who cares though as EVERY woman I've dated here has had a terrific figure. My first gf was only average in her city, but my friends REALLY noticed when I posted her photos on fb! She weighed 99lbs, had long curly hair and wore those thigh high socks so many men have a thing for.

One thing with Chinese girls is that many are virgins and they're always worried about starting something. Whereas the ones who have had bf's before will be a lot more responsive.