Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Back from the dead and in China

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby magnum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 am

My friend told me I'm going to a wedding on sunday, so I might have a chance to meet some sexy girls, I hope.... Im not sure what chinese weddings are like, but I'd imagine based on the vibe I've been getting from the girls here they'll be far more open to meeting a guy after seeing the bride and groom, x100 if your a westerner.

can't wait, though it's cold as hell so I wont get to show off my fancy cloths.

On the subject of cold, it makes it difficult to tell how thin the girls are here, but i'll say this, even with thick winter cloths they're still far better when it comes to body fat then american cows, even the chubby girls are still OK...

I'm going to convert some more money today, I still havn't decided if I want to stay or go home first and then come back, though the plain ticket alone almost makes it a better idea to stay, I should see how much renewing my visa would cost.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby Jacaré » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Good stuff Magnum!Enjoy reading your updates. I agree with the other guys in that Japan would be a waste, not that it's not a great place, it's in fact an awesome place, but it's too expensive. I'd suggest you stay in China, make your money there and go vacation in Japan in the future. japan ain't going anywhere, just get your shit together in China first. The key to success in China is networking. You never know who the guy you're talking to is. Be friendly, outgoing and you'll meet a ton of people, both guys and girls and have so many job offers and opportunities thrown your way that you wouldn't know what to do with. And once word gets out that you're living there, it will literally be raining girls on you...;) Oh and try to approach girls during day time. They will be very receptive as the Chinese guys are too p***y and never do it and the girls will love it. A tip on the best place to meet hot Chinese girls, hang out at the local McDonalds...you'll thank me later...;)

And don't you ever get into a fight with a Chinese guy even if you're 3 times bigger. Chinese and Asian guys in general do not fight fair. You'll be alone against the entire street/bar!

I have no doubt that you will soon meet a great girl and have a good gig, all reasons not to return to the US.

All the best man!

Cheers.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby magnum » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Today I saw this really cute girl on the bus, but my translator/host wasn't up to the task of helping me out with her, so that was sad...

On the bright side, I've got 2 old ladies who are still going to hook me up with a girl each, they will introduce me, said both are vary good looking, so that's great.

I hung out with my buddy and his 19 year old friend, she's kinda cute, I'd say on the cute scale she's a 6'5 but kinda chubby, so I'm not totally going for it, but I did have him ask her if she had friends, and she said yeah as long as i don't mind 18 year olds, and of course I was like...Not a problem Hahahha.....

BTW pizza hut in china....What the hell is wrong with the USA pizza hut is amazing in china....its not eve fast food here, the food here is going to kill me I sware!

My goal is still to have a girl friend before the chinese new year... I really want that to be part of the experince.

more updates coming soon.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Pizza Hut in China is great. I love their Italian themed soup. Pizza Hut don't do soup in the UK. Also the pomegranate juice is great. In fact I think I've ate everything on their Chinese menu, and I've taken 5 different girls for meals there*!!!

*One was my date's chaperone.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby magnum » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Update!

Frogs taste good.

I hate beer, I'm sick of putting shit in my body that makes me fat, it's already hard enough not to get bat, constant "cheering" is killing me! but hey, I just drink small ammounts and I can handle it!

desperation is getting a little higher... not many cute girls around here, one of the girls I was supposted to meet up said she wont bother with a white guy, the other one girl I was supposted to meet up with I havn't heard from yet.

The 18 year old friend and her friends she was going to hook me up with is still a go I think....

this one girl who checks me in at the gym is kinda cute, not to sound like a jack ass, but on a scale from 1 to 10, she's probably...a 6, 6.5 maybe? but she can't speak any english and that's fine...but I think I should be able to do better, I just don't know where to do it

I could go for the 19 year old friend insted of waiting for her friends, but she's a little chubby and about maybe a 5.5 or a 6.

Granted I"m not just going for looks mind you, but seeing as my value is x3 at least here... I"m going to milk it a little!

They have this local mall that has these pages hanging with inforamtion for people that want to date, it's all in chinese, I thought maybe I should put mine up and see if I can'nt get some english speaking girls to text my chinese phone I"m going to barrow from my friend, but that could end horribly if all the ugly girls message me, and I can't read chinese,.

Tomorrow i'm going back to this other gym where we practice parkour, but damn the thing gets so cold your water bottle freezes, it's crazying having been used to L.A sunny hot air, to shivver me testies cold.

that's it for now, time to sleep and dream about cute chinese girls.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby momopi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:09 pm

On subject of Japan, rather than hearsay, you should go there and look for yourself. If you're at a time and place in your life when you can travel, you should go out and see more of the world.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Yeah Japan is great and I can dine out forever on the stories of what I did there, as well as all the differences to China. Just don't expect too much from the Japanese dating scene... there's a reason why Japanese guys are so into those life-like dolls and stuff.

One Japanese woman got talking to me on a train and offered to show me round Kawasaki... I reckon I should have pursued this further, her salaryman husband was probably working all day and night :) 8 hours of jetlag though, that was hard on my senses.

Yeah frog is good although the time I ate frog in Guangzhou it was horrible... actually I'm not a fan of Cantonese cuisine, Hubei food is my thing. But the frogs legs from the Chinese restaurant round the corner from my sister's house are absolutely amazing... it is a top quality restaurant though.

Beer is great and alcohol allows me to touch base with my true thoughts about things. I lived on beer and McDonalds last time I was in Guangzhou but I lost 4lbs in a fortnight due to the humidity. I felt years younger when I went to HK in 2006.

It is hard to find The One in China because to be honest 99% of the ladies there have near darned perfect bodies. There's not a model in the UK that has breasts as good as my last Cantonese gf. And the old expat guy I visited... well his wife weighed the same as my first Chinese gf, and I would have been pleased to have a wife as hot as she was.

Anyway, all being well I will get my China visa tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should get my hair cut before I go or wait to visit my Chinese hairdresser again. Yeah, that was an interesting experience...

China is a man's world, and I'd encourage any guy to sell his stuff and go live there for a while!!!
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 am

The chinese wedding was interesting! I love that they start things off with fireworks, thats just awsome!

They had me give a speach and my buddy said everything in chinese, it was interesting that they wanted me to speak, I went for it, and in part figured it would help me out with the girls.

Down side whoever was only 2 cute girls were at the wedding, and 1 was taken.

My buddy was going to help me get her phone number but then he went and got so drunk it was insane, I'm sure if I got drunk I would have had a better time but I don't do that.

the only cute signle girl left before we could speak to her....it would seem my friend is't much help in regards to women.

A little girl got her hand stuck in this roatating spin door, the chinese fire department got her out though, I'm thinking they didn't have to use the jaws of life or break the glass...just push her with the door and she would have been fine, her arm was coverd by her jacket, so I don't think it would have hurt her hand at all, I hope they at least ATTEMPTEd that before destroying the door, but the girl was fine, and that's all that matters.

not sure what to do, I could start randomly running up to cute girls, but the fact of the matter is the cute ones are alwasy with someone, plus I'm clueless as to how to communicate I want to go out on a date, plus I have no phone haha...No one to blame but my self I guess, I'm not in to making excuses, but I think this part of china isn't too blessed with cute girls, they're thin mind you, but not great when it comes to the face, and the odd thing is on avg I find asian girls more attractive, even the average ones....so I don't know whats going on.

Learning chinese will be my main goal if I want to live here, I'm still up in the air about japan, my failure with women here makes me want to head to japan just to try my luck, but from what I read if I can't land a girl here, I don't think I've got a chance in japan, but I've never been one to stop trying just because chacnes arn't in my favor.

Can't wait to enjoy new years, it's going to be insane, I'm going to try to keep my spirits up for it, they've been advertising these white ball looking things filled with fruit or jelly that we are going to eat on the 1st.

I've been giving it a lot of though, as to if I would still move if I never found a woman, and I don't know..... as much as I hate the usa, I don't much care about escaping if It means being alone, interesting catch 22.

On the subject of japanse girls vs chinese girls, I'd imagine japanese girls are more picky when it comes to just about everything right? aswell as I'll probably be stucking dating girls who are 25 years or older, I"m 27 my self.

Oh and please, if your up for the task please help me with your personal experince, I need advice badly I think go ahead a and pm me if you want.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 am

The board has spoken - stick to China. Or at least stick to Chinese girls.

If you like Japanese women just find a Chinese girl who speaks Japanese. I dated one and she was delightful.

Japanese women are very picky, and all I could date were the pickiest of the lot, who were still picky at 35. My second Chinese gf's friend married a Japanese guy - yeah that tells you a lot that he had to go to China to find a woman (and a really nice looking woman at that).

OK I've looked at a lot of Jav AV Pron lately and there's barely a Jav actress that has a body better than my last Chinese gf.

At your age you can date anyone. Maybe it's just older guys who have the confidence to ask young girls for a date! Anyway, my last Chinese gf's brother is 27 and his wife is 21 or something. They have a kid already. She's a fashion lady and she must be pretty hot as my gf would never show me a photo of her!

As for learning Mandarin, I'm going to pay around $2800 for a year's tuition at a Chinese University. For 20 hours a week tuition this seems pretty good, and it's much cheaper than a language school. Other perks include cheap food and cheap health insurance, and also a residency permit.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I wont like, even though I'm in good shape and moe or less handsome now.... growing up fat until I was 23 made my confadence iffy sometimes, but it's more in my head, when I go for something I go for it, plus the humility it left me with has been a great contrast to my pride, so in the end i think it had made me a better person, and saved me a load of trouble in life.

Things are looking up,, the girl from the gym gave me her number after my buddy told her what I wanted, tonight I'm going to message her see if she wants to hang out get to know her, if I like her then I'll ask her out on a date, I've learned you kinda gotta see of the chinese girl is crazy and "little girl" or "young lady" because little girl mentality is going to make me slap a chinese girl back if she attacks me, the one crazy girl at the bar was pushy when she got drunk, and I just don't dance like that.

Things are looking up, I just had to push throug my mental ruff patch.

I just love how japanese girls look....and I thought what i knew of the culture they would make a good contrast to me, but you are right everyone here has said drop the japanese girls and stick with the chinese, I wont lie, when the chinese girls are SUPER hot, they are only surpassed by the korean women imo, however korean women are like a ICE bullet that seeks to destroy your heart, so I've given up on them hahaha.

Thanks a lot for the information you guys have given me, I feel that the truth of the matter is, just DO it, and stop thinking about it, because a million guys are sitting around in the usa depressed playing video games/watching sports not liveing life....while are female counterparts get MORE than they should with NO effort.... while we have to deal with mental weight that would destroy most mortals.

If for one month the gender powers were switched....I think you'd see massive female suicide in the USA.

My host said he isn't sure if i can stay passed the 20th of 25th of next month, but he said renting a place is only 200$, I might do that just for the hell of it, not to mention I'd save money on the flight, even if I did waist some money on the place to rent...its better to get more time here insted of just pay 200$ more on the ticked to leave sooner.

Not going to lie, I havn't made out with a girl in 2 to 3 years, I hope I get a chance to at LEAST get that with this girl!
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I wont like, even though I'm in good shape and moe or less handsome now.... growing up fat until I was 23 made my confadence iffy sometimes, but it's more in my head, when I go for something I go for it, plus the humility it left me with has been a great contrast to my pride, so in the end i think it had made me a better person, and saved me a load of trouble in life.

Things are looking up,, the girl from the gym gave me her number after my buddy told her what I wanted, tonight I'm going to message her see if she wants to hang out get to know her, if I like her then I'll ask her out on a date, I've learned you kinda gotta see of the chinese girl is crazy and "little girl" or "young lady" because little girl mentality is going to make me slap a chinese girl back if she attacks me, the one crazy girl at the bar was pushy when she got drunk, and I just don't dance like that.

Things are looking up, I just had to push throug my mental ruff patch.

I just love how japanese girls look....and I thought what i knew of the culture they would make a good contrast to me, but you are right everyone here has said drop the japanese girls and stick with the chinese, I wont lie, when the chinese girls are SUPER hot, they are only surpassed by the korean women imo, however korean women are like a ICE bullet that seeks to destroy your heart, so I've given up on them hahaha.

Thanks a lot for the information you guys have given me, I feel that the truth of the matter is, just DO it, and stop thinking about it, because a million guys are sitting around in the usa depressed playing video games/watching sports not liveing life....while are female counterparts get MORE than they should with NO effort.... while we have to deal with mental weight that would destroy most mortals.

If for one month the gender powers were switched....I think you'd see massive female suicide in the USA.

My host said he isn't sure if i can stay passed the 20th of 25th of next month, but he said renting a place is only 200$, I might do that just for the hell of it, not to mention I'd save money on the flight, even if I did waist some money on the place to rent...its better to get more time here insted of just pay 200$ more on the ticked to leave sooner.

Not going to lie, I havn't made out with a girl in 2 to 3 years, I hope I get a chance to at LEAST get that with this girl!
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby magnum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 am

Fun and happy update this time!

The girl from the gym, had lunch with her the other day, went well, we're going to meet up again, she was awsome today, she randomly gave me tissue paper while I was working out, not sure what that was about, but it's a good sign I think?

firs time outting by my self was a little iffy, got off the bus stop too soon, had to find the correct bus again, eventually got to the mall and in the gym.

Was getting thristy as hell after working out, and I had to wonder around a little before I found the market part of the mall, found that eventually, good stuff.

Had my buddy pen down the address of where I'm staying just incase I had to hand it to a taxi driver, I figured why not save some money and take the bus, found the same bus again, and showed the driver, asked him if it was the correct buss useing hand signals, worked..

I went sking last night for the first time...now that was interesting, and fun.

Went down the beginner hill about twice, then my friend challanged me to go down the big boy hill...and let me tell you, I wish my fear factor was higher sometimes, I hadn't even learned how to change direction or stop, and I went for it anyway Hahaha....

First attempt I fell only once on the way down vary minor, was fast as hell and fun, though a few people got in my way, and I remember even yelling at one haha "you f***er" because I can't change direction and didn't want to hurt them, the second time down the advanced hill wasn't so great.....Fell down a quarter of the way kinda ruff, ski's and poles flew away from me, face down slideing down the hill, got up, kept going, I don't stop things because they're hard or painful, so I went for the decent yet again, half way down I fell again, this time it was ruff, gear flew 8FT or more away, and face down once again, this time though I think I might have kicked my self, or slammed my right shin on the ground because damn...it hurt like hell, got back up, had a little shell shock and went the rest of the way down, then they had me go down the starter hill again about twice.

Was awsome, I have to say, I've lived more life in this 3 weeks in china...then I've ever had a chance to live in 26 years in the USA, f**k yes.

Not sure if I want to ask the girl at the gym out or not, as I have other prospects, so I don't want to jump the gun, get involved with her like a boy friend until I know for sure she's the one I want to date, call me a sucker, but I don't play girls, I only have one girl friend at a time, it's what I expect from them, and it's how I'll treat them.

For the rest of you guys who have a 2k$ to 3$K and ANY contacts in asia who are willing to help you out, don't even think, just GO, and see for your self, Just do it, even if I didn't end up liveing here, I'll never regret it, even if I spend all my money here, it's worth having a great time and happyness being show to you not as something unatainable in some movie, but a real part of life.

Oh and by the way, I havn't played video games or watched movies more than a collective 5 hours or less while being here, 10 to 15 hours of computer/movie/internet surfing was a minimu back home.

lifes better when you live it, because lets face it guys, unless you try, you can't even FAIL, your just nothing but waisted youth that you can't get back, thank god I did this.

I highly suggest if you don't have friends or know anyone in the country/city you want to go to, you get on the internet and build a social network up ASAP, it'll help, if I didn't have my contact here, I wouldn't fully experince what I've seen, and it's important to see the country from a REAL perspective.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby Jacaré » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 am

Awesome Magnum! I'm very happy to see you having a ball in China. Yeah China is definitely a wonderful place to be! How's your Chinese coming along? Are you taking any classes/courses? Or just sticking to your pillow dictionary for now? ;) Are you working/teaching English or just chilling and seeing what happens? And which city in China are you again? Awesome stuff overall man! I also can't wait to return to China!

Xiongmao, are you in China now or still in the UK? And when you return to China, are you going to be in GZ? Keep me/us posted as I will be following both Magnum's and your adventure in China with a lot of interest since I'm also planning on getting there later this year! But man, i simply can't wait to be there!

Have fun guys!:)

P.S. XM, make it your mission to get Winston out of his tiny island and to come join you in GZ. I'd be glad to help in any way possible to achieve that feat if need be! lol
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:17 am

Congratulations for taking the plunge and going for it, Magnum!

I think you'll be okay in China as long as you have money and toilet paper! hehe If you ever happen to see a Tibetan restaurant, try some momos! They are delicious Tibetan dumplings. The Chinese characters for them are 馍馍 .

Later on, if you have the money for the long journey, you might want to check out Chengdu in Sichuan Province. The women are very beautiful there (although I'm not sure if it would be possible for someone who doesn't know Chinese to date them) and the weather there feels very tropical in the summer time. There is a Tibetan quarter of the city where there are Tibetan shops and restaurants. It's a really cool city. I would go back there.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am

>>>>I'm going to China NEXT WEEK<<<<

Yesterday I sold my TV so there's no turning back now!

I've booked a couple of hotels for the first 10 days, by then hopefully I'll know that my visa status is OK, if not I'll flee to 'nam, Thailand or the Phillies.

If anyone is in Guangzhou or wants to visit China then give me a shout. I'll hopefully have all the time in the world to do guided tours.

Apparently it is 25C there already, which is just insane. Due to the humidity it feels a lot hotter than it is. I'm looking forward to the climate curing all my winter aches and pains though.

Jackal, I was going to go live in Chengdu as the University is very good for foreigners wishing to study in China. The downside is that the winter is not good there, and also Sichuan women are a little fierce. Also not many speak English. Finally I've heard it's still very traditional there. Which is all well and good but neighbouring Hubei was very boring, not like Guangzhou where there are endless things to see and do.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories