Where do you find quality expats?

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Where do you find quality expats?

Post by Jester »

A couple of posts from another thread got me thinking.
viewtopic.php?t=9537&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
Winston wrote:
I'm in Angeles City now. Today I met an expat in a Mexican joint called Crazy Burrito. It's really good and tastes like home made Mexican food. I highly recommend it. He turned out to be very knowledgeable in conspiracies and metaphysics. We talked for hours while going to various restaurants and bars. You should have heard some of our conversations. They were so deep and mind blowing. The guy's knowledge of conspiracies, metaphysics and alternative truth is equal to my own. It was amazing to meet this guy by chance. I've never met an expat like that before. I showed him my website too. He's British. We were both surprised to meet each other since we didn't know other expats like us existed in Angeles City. I guess the law of attraction brings similar people together.
xiongmao wrote:
I'm.... in Guangzhou now.... I fell in love with this city and, well, here I am.

There are some nice expats here. I need to go out and meet some more. Those who are here tend to be quite high quality, as China makes it hard for the riff-raff to come here.
Xiongmao is a Limey, Winston's fascinating buddy is a Limey. One in China, one in the Phil's.

Where do you find the highest quality expats?

(For purpose of this discussion, let's please exclude old married same-age same-nationality White retired couples from the UK and the US.)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Church?
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: Where do you find quality expats?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Jester wrote:Where do you find quality expats?
I've been wondering the exact same thing for a couple of months now. Mexican women may be beautiful, but their constant racism and hatred of any and everything non-Latino has gotten way out of hand. I am actually here in Mexico now looking to meet female expats from Europe or Asia (or hell, even American women!) because the local women in Mexico are just closed-minded bigots at best. Not hating on Mexican females either because their idiotic behavior is present in all Latina females from what I've observed in my life. There's been a lot of speculation that Latina women hate black men, but I've come to learn that they are just taught (by their racist mothers, no less) to hate everything non-Latino. So even my white expat friends from the United Kingdom are feeling the sting of Latina female arrogance and outright nonsensical prejudice.

I've gotta go to where the quality expats from France, Germany, Korea, China, India, Saudi Arabia, etc. are here in Mexico. Don't get me wrong, Mexico is wonderful, but don't come here for the women because (like all Latina females) they are essentially a very small step up from Americunts (with much better exteriors, mind you).
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
buddy77
Freshman Poster

Other experiences?

Post by buddy77 »

Has anyone here recently experienced something different than the poster (all_that_is_man) in Mexico? Please tell us about your experience
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Now, I do not have first hand accounts, so please take this with a grain of salt. Anyways, I have heard that Chiang Mai tend to have more married expats (to the locals), so perhaps they may be a little more "level" headed. Perhaps they are in the smaller enclaves in places, like in the Philippines Cebu, or like I said before, Chiang Mai. I know where a lot of them probably won't be: in the major cities, such as Angles Bay, Bangkok, and in Manila. (not there are not exceptions). Just thinking out loud.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Met a couple here in Guangzhou so far. Both were teaching English to University level, so yeah, they were smart and good to chat to.

There are a lot of intelligent expats here, mostly they live in and around Tianhe/Zhujiang. I'll venture down there some time.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.