Winston's Travel Updates in the Southwest USA

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston's Travel Updates in the Southwest USA

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'll be returning to the USA in a few days. I haven't been back since 2009. Hope things aren't too bad back there. lol

I will be arriving in Las Vegas first, where my parents are and have bought a new home. I will be visiting some close female friends there, and maybe in Reno too. From there, I will probably visit my favorite state of Arizona again for its superb nature and spiritual landscapes. Possibly Utah and maybe Southern California too.

If any of you are in any of these areas, and want to meet up, let me know. You can PM me or whatever.

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on May 11th, 2014, 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 3rd, 2013, 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ginger wrote:Tell me when you are in Arizona and Southern Cali, might coincide with my lecture schedule. Btw, me being sent to US is against my wishes, hope the embassy denies me entry. Its more fun to do what I do here.
Why? Aren't you curious about the US? You should at least experience it so you understand what we are talking about.

Are you joking or being sarcastic? What a coincidence.

If you happen to be in the area, just PM and I will try to work you into my schedule. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 3rd, 2013, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If interested, I can provide a list of places to visit in Southern CA, depending on your preference (culture/arts, fine dining, shopping, beach, parks, resorts, wineries, etc). For guided winery tour around Santa Barbara, I can recommend Cloud Jumper (http://www.ccjeeps.com). If you want to visit amusement parks (Disneyland) ask around to see if anyone knows people working there that can sign you in for free.

If you want to play with snow or go skiing or snowboarding, I think Mammoth Mountain Resorts in central CA will be open until late May this year.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, I thought you were coming here next!

I'd like to visit Vegas someday. It would be nice to see hookers and stuff. Just don't lose all your money like the Russian guys in my neighborhood did in Macau!!!

Well good luck and hope you get to sit next to some really hot chicks on your flights!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
flyingmonkey9
Freshman Poster

Post by flyingmonkey9 »

When will you be in Arizona? I've always wanted to go and this sounds like a great opportunity to meet you!
The only thing worse than a man without options is a woman with them...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

This should be a huge culture shock for Winston.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Come to NYC, ill buy you lunch lol
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Side note, for those interested in low fare buses:
http://us.megabus.com/.aspx

No idea about qualify of bus or service...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Come to NYC, ill buy you lunch lol
You mean before or after you try to punch me and/or evangelize me? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in Las Vegas now. It's so weird to be back here. I'm at my aunt's house in a gated large neighborhood that had two security checkpoints, one at the entrance and another at the gate. Wow, double security. lol

During my 6 hour layover in Shanghai airport, I sent this email to my friend Walt Goodridge, who is a big fan of China:

"Im at the airport in China now! In shanghai. Wow people seem really authentic here but loud and fast. The girls seem relaxed too and easygoing. The vibe is so different here.
Too bad im leaving to go to America. Im only transferring here. Wish I could stay behind and explore more of the magic. I already got a cute waitress' number. Well her qq to be exact. It's my first one. Hehe."

After that, during my transfer flight from LA to LV, this Chinese family went up to me and started asking me questions about where to go and how to get around. They couldn't speak English and could not interact with the airport staff, so I helped translate for them and tried to answer as many of their questions as I could. I then started talking to their daughter, a young woman who was also very friendly and direct. We exchanged numbers and QQ. Apparently, they were also on the flight from Shanghai but I didn't see them. We then boarded the same flight to LV and happened to be seated next to each other too. What a coincidence.

I can't believe how easygoing and direct people from China. They do seem VERY different from Taiwanese after all. They are also different in that they like to ask a lot of questions and analyze a lot and seem very curious. This Chinese woman sitting next to me during my long flight from Shanghai to LAX even told the flight attendant that one of the flaps on the wing outside was down and wondered if it was broken. lol.

So far, I exchanged contact info with two Chinese girls - one in the restaurant at the airport, and the daughter of the family asking me questions. That's not bad for just being at the airport. I'm sure in China, I could do a lot more of that.

Most amazing of all, the Chinese girls at the airport didn't seem to have the cold ice wall that Taiwanese do. I mean they look serious and uptight too. But they aren't as afraid of strangers or overly shy. There's a relaxness you don't get in Taiwan. It's hard to explain what I mean. All I can say is that interacting with them definitely feels smoother and more natural than in Taiwan. That's for sure. They also make eye contact in that if you look at them, they look at you back, which to me is a sign of friendliness, unlike the Taiwanese and Japanese way of non eye contact.

In the airport restaurant in Shanghai, I asked the waitresses if I could take their photo and they were all cool with it and relaxed about it. There wasn't the awkwardness that I would have gotten in Taiwan. Wow I'm so stoked about China! It really is different after all, like I heard, and has a different vibe that you have to experience to understand.
Last edited by Winston on April 23rd, 2013, 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm in Las Vegas now. It's so weird to be back here. I'm at my aunt's house in a gated large neighborhood that had two security checkpoints, one at the entrance and another at the gate. Wow, double security. lol

During my 6 hour layover in Shanghai airport, I sent this email to my friend Walt Goodridge, who is a big fan of China:

"Im at the airport in China now! In shanghai. Wow people seem really authentic here but loud and fast. The girls seem relaxed too and easygoing. The vibe is so different here.
Too bad im leaving to go to America. Im only transferring here. Wish I could stay behind and explore more of the magic. I already got a cute waitress' number. Well her qq to be exact. It's my first one. Hehe."

After that, during my transfer flight from LA to LV, this Chinese family went up to me and started asking me questions about where to go and how to get around. They couldn't speak English and could not interact with the airport staff, so I helped translate for them and tried to answer as many of their questions as I could. I then started talking to their daughter, a young woman who was also very friendly and direct. We exchanged numbers and QQ. Apparently, they were also on the flight from Shanghai but I didn't see them. We then boarded the same flight to LV and happened to be seated next to each other too. What a coincidence.

I can't believe how easygoing and direct people from China. They do seem VERY different from Taiwanese after all. They are also different in that they like to ask a lot of questions and analyze a lot and seem very curious. This Chinese woman sitting next to me during my long flight from Shanghai to LAX even told the flight attendant that one of the flaps on the wing outside was down and wondered if it was broken. lol.

So far, I exchanged contact info with two Chinese girls - one in the restaurant at the airport, and the daughter of the family asking me questions. That's not bad for just being at the airport. I'm sure in China, I could do a lot more of that.

Most amazing of all, the Chinese girls at the airport didn't seem to have the cold ice wall that Taiwanese do. I mean they look serious and uptight too. But they aren't as afraid of strangers or overly shy. There's a relaxness you don't get in Taiwan. It's hard to explain what I mean. All I can say is that interacting with them definitely feels smoother and more natural than in Taiwan. That's for sure. They also make eye contact in that if you look at them, they look at you back, which to me is a sign of friendliness, unlike the Taiwanese and Japanese way of non eye contact.

In the airport restaurant in Shanghai, I asked the waitresses if I could take their photo and they were all cool with it and relaxed about it. There wasn't the awkwardness that I would have gotten in Taiwan. Wow I'm so stoked about China! It really is different after all, like I heard, and has a different vibe that you have to experience to understand.
What's your initial thoughts in returning to the USA? Has it changed? Have you at least gotten some real mexican food prepared by real mexican people?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote: What's your initial thoughts in returning to the USA? Has it changed? Have you at least gotten some real mexican food prepared by real mexican people?
I just woke up. From the airport and streets, it looks the same. The only difference I see is that everyone has smart phones and tablets now. But it was weird seeing the cold masculine faces of American women again, who are polite but not flirtatable at all. lol. Also their "unattainable" vibe.

Why are you so obsessed with Mexican food?

I'm surprised Las Vegas is cold now though. I didn't think it ever got cold here. I've never been here when it was cold.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote: What's your initial thoughts in returning to the USA? Has it changed? Have you at least gotten some real mexican food prepared by real mexican people?
I just woke up. From the airport and streets, it looks the same. The only difference I see is that everyone has smart phones and tablets now. But it was weird seeing the cold masculine faces of American women again, who are polite but not flirtatable at all. lol. Also their "unattainable" vibe.

Why are you so obsessed with Mexican food?

I'm surprised Las Vegas is cold now though. I didn't think it ever got cold here. I've never been here when it was cold.
Because I introduced him to good whole-in-the-wall Mexican places where English is hardly spoken and in that they mostly cater to Hispanic clients lol It's good cheap food. Word of advice: always eat in the Mex restaurant because you get chips, red and green salsa free of charge while you wait for your main course!