Mguy does Manila

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote:
mguy wrote:
pete98146 wrote:Manila is the last place in Phils I'd visit for all the aforementioned reasons. Best to stick with educated girls from Mindinao. For one thing, they tend to be better looking than the girls up north (more Spanish blood) and they are not as jaded.
This is Manila I am talking about. Ain't no place like Manila brother. Mindanao girls are awesome, but nothing beats a cosmopolitan Manila girl. You have all the good qualities plus more if you hit it right.
As Rock says it's all personal taste I guess. Even if you can find attractive girls there (and I agree with Pete that they are better elsewhere) you have to be - in Manila! I've been there a few times and couldn't wait to leave. But if a guy wants clubs and general night life - it does have that. And there is more money in Manila - but that's pretty relative - it still is poor by any Western standard.

So while I think your report is fairly accurate, it's just not relevant for me. An overcrowded, dirty, polluted city with insane traffic is not my idea of a fun time. But again that's personal taste and possibly generational. I loved NYC in my youth, but no longer for similar reasons.

For me, I prefer smaller cities and provincial areas. Even Cebu City is more than I like after I've been there a few days.
Davewe, did u try out hanging in the Fort area? It's like an oasis in the city and pretty big too. It's well organized and very walkable and spread out. It's relatively quite and peaceful yet still close to the heart of metro Manila and a very quick cab ride to Makati (during lower traffic periods). Alabang is not so bad as well. Makati has nice pockets such as Greenbelt area. Even Orgtigas has some decent areas. Did u spend time throughout the city or just stay in foreign ghetto areas like Ermita?

The provinces can be nice breaks for a few days or so. But the lack the most basic things. U get regular multi-hour brownouts, Internet is super slow and irregular, and the standard of living is just so low. In better areas of Metro Manila, u can get decent food, consistent power, and reliable Internet at least.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote: Davewe, did u try out hanging in the Fort area? It's like an oasis in the city and pretty big too. It's well organized and very walkable and spread out. It's relatively quite and peaceful yet still close to the heart of metro Manila and a very quick cab ride to Makati (during lower traffic periods). Alabang is not so bad as well. Makati has nice pockets such as Greenbelt area. Even Orgtigas has some decent areas. Did u spend time throughout the city or just stay in foreign ghetto areas like Ermita?

The provinces can be nice breaks for a few days or so. But the lack the most basic things. U get regular multi-hour brownouts, Internet is super slow and irregular, and the standard of living is just so low. In better areas of Metro Manila, u can get decent food, consistent power, and reliable Internet at least.
I'd be exaggerating if I pretended I was knowledgeable with all the various cities and areas that make up Metro Manila. But I am old enough to know that cities of 17 million aren't what I like and what I have seen and experienced in Manila is consistent with that belief.

In addition, I know many girls who either live in or used to live in Manila and they universally hated it, living there only because of economic or educational opportunities. But again I am sure some women love the excitement and opportunities there.

As always this all comes down to what a guy's purpose is: a wild vacation, p4p, a gf, a wife, retirement, etc. For me it's a no-brainer, either for a vacation or eventual place to live. But anytime you have an area with millions of inhabitants, someone must like it - just not me or most of the guys I know who have been to PI.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Part 2
-----------------------------------
This point will be 4 months after my trip ended

I am now a couple weeks away to a permanent relocation to the Philippines. I guess in my case this would be considered a repatriation. In terms of dating, it turns out that I am quite a catch in Philippine society. I am near 6ft tall with attractive features to Filipinas.

In the USA, I had success but it was a tough game that I had to play. The pool was too small, the competition was too high, and I was not holding the winning cards. I would come home some nights and think that I deserve this one girl b/c we have the same attractiveness rating. However, it turns out that everyone is going for a Mr ideal type guy and I am not close to him in terms of physical looks. Even girls who I thought were uglier than me would sometimes be non-receptive.

It became apparent to me that my value is skewed in the USA. Through my dating experiences there, it has also become apparent that dating American sloots with princess attitudes is bad for mental health. Below is girl of 19 years of age who has not yet been completely spoiled by American bias. Later in life she will think highly of herself and not be open to advance from someone like me. She has already started exhibiting the princess behavior but I am experienced enough to handle it.

HB8

The HB8 that I had met in the Philippines is now my current girlfriend. She is quite an HB8 and I say this because she models for a living. She actually gets paid to do some shows that are non-nude (car-shows, festivals, designer launch)

I met her while wake-boarding. We were stranded in the the other side of the mechanical pulley system and I talked to her. I asked for her number later and then it turns out she was just graduating college. We went around the Philippines travelling. She paid for hers and I paid for mine.

There was a bit there where we went to the beach, and there was another HB8 that wanted me! I wont get into too much details but i'll say that sashimi is best near its source. Asides from the occasional glances, I would also go to clubs and meet hotter stock girls consistently. These girls didn't know I was American at all. I would say that after the fact if at all. HB8 did not know I was American until weeks later I had met her.

I'm not entirely sure if HB8 and I will stay together to be honest. I'd settle for HB6 or 7s, not too concerned about that. What concerns me more is knowing that I can get that quality, the knowing part gives me a sense of peace and sense of self-esteem. The ego-boost from being seen as a prize feels good. It is food for the soul kind of good. That's how white guys in the US must feel like. I could easily see it as the reason why they have that confidence essential for success.

When I got back to the states, I just couldn't bare being in this environment with sub-par women. The women were fat, the people were isolated, the pretty ones would not entertain me. I suppose the only reason to be back in the USA is money. Well, in terms of money, I would rather live my life in a healthy environment with young beautiful girls than old and rich later banging whores. I think I can live in the Philippines even as an expat while I get my papers. I'll figure it out eventually. Gives me more to write about.

This is her

as always pics at blog.

http://minorityguysabroad.blogspot.com/ ... anila.html
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:
This is her

as always pics at blog.

Even though I can't see that girl's face that seems like a pretty legit 8 to me. If you're pulling that down easily in the Philippines there's absolutely no reason for you to go anywhere else.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

wow this girl is hot. for pi probably a hb 13 :) though one can´t see her face. but when i see her face i am gonna be a believer. sorry for the spam :)
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mguy does Manila

Post by djfourmoney »

Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:
I did not understand how some of the foreigners go for ugly Filipinas (on average as per population), but I think it boils down to economics. .
Sexy women are generally the most demanding and the least trustworthy, occasionally you'll find one that does not fit this stereotype. I had lots of Filipinas that were younger and sexier than my wife chase me but I chose her because she was the easiest to get along with. If your a player looks will be your top criteria because you don't plan on staying with her long.

I'll also add that single Filipinas with no kids over the age of thirty usually have issues and should be avoided.
This is how men end up with average looking or worst women and talk themselves into it being okay. Explain Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon? He married her at the height of her beauty/maturity and are still married, often seen together in public, etc, etc. Back when Hollywood was churning out Hot Blondes right and left.

I don't like using media figures to make my point, but settling for average looking women is complete hogwash.

You can get everything you want, but like anything you will have to work for it. I guess that separates the worker bees from the innovators.

Just because a woman is in-demand because of her looks doesn't mean anything because if you want her to be with you long term, its your job to make them understand the terms and conditions of the relationship.

American society beats convenience into people's heads and it extends out to other things in life.

Taco as long as your happy that's what is most important here, but don't sell that tripe that hot women are nothing but trouble. Most hot women have never had to earn anything and are given things. Men tend to give them what they want, so they act like children when they don't get their way.

Any woman needs to earn the right to take your last name and call herself Mrs. Jane Doe.

Why not start at the top?
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Im here now.

Had an encounter in Doha with Filipina girl.

Updated blog.

Cheers!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:Im here now.

Had an encounter in Doha with Filipina girl.

Updated blog.

Cheers!
She's got quirky fashion sense that I like. Plus she seems cute, nice catch! Only thing I don't dig is the dyed blonde hair.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There are quite a few Middle Eastern Filipinas on my dating site now. I guess a European guy can always look in Dubai or somewhere for a Filipina, instead of going all the way to the Phillies.

Given up on girls for a bit, at least as far as blogging is concerned. I'm now more interested in writing about lizards and foreigners wearing umbrella hats.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

mguy wrote:Part 2
This point will be 4 months after my trip ended

I am now a couple weeks away to a permanent relocation to the Philippines. I guess in my case this would be considered a repatriation. In terms of dating, it turns out that I am quite a catch in Philippine society. I am near 6ft tall with attractive features to Filipinas.

In the USA, I had success but it was a tough game that I had to play. The pool was too small, the competition was too high, and I was not holding the winning cards. I would come home some nights and think that I deserve this one girl b/c we have the same attractiveness rating. However, it turns out that everyone is going for a Mr ideal type guy and I am not close to him in terms of physical looks. Even girls who I thought were uglier than me would sometimes be non-receptive.

It became apparent to me that my value is skewed in the USA. Through my dating experiences there, it has also become apparent that dating American sloots with princess attitudes is bad for mental health. Below is girl of 19 years of age who has not yet been completely spoiled by American bias. Later in life she will think highly of herself and not be open to advance from someone like me. She has already started exhibiting the princess behavior but I am experienced enough to handle it.

HB8

The HB8 that I had met in the Philippines is now my current girlfriend. She is quite an HB8 and I say this because she models for a living. She actually gets paid to do some shows that are non-nude (car-shows, festivals, designer launch)

I met her while wake-boarding. We were stranded in the the other side of the mechanical pulley system and I talked to her. I asked for her number later and then it turns out she was just graduating college. We went around the Philippines travelling. She paid for hers and I paid for mine.

There was a bit there where we went to the beach, and there was another HB8 that wanted me! I wont get into too much details but i'll say that sashimi is best near its source. Asides from the occasional glances, I would also go to clubs and meet hotter stock girls consistently. These girls didn't know I was American at all. I would say that after the fact if at all. HB8 did not know I was American until weeks later I had met her.

I'm not entirely sure if HB8 and I will stay together to be honest. I'd settle for HB6 or 7s, not too concerned about that. What concerns me more is knowing that I can get that quality, the knowing part gives me a sense of peace and sense of self-esteem. The ego-boost from being seen as a prize feels good. It is food for the soul kind of good. That's how white guys in the US must feel like. I could easily see it as the reason why they have that confidence essential for success.

When I got back to the states, I just couldn't bare being in this environment with sub-par women. The women were fat, the people were isolated, the pretty ones would not entertain me. I suppose the only reason to be back in the USA is money. Well, in terms of money, I would rather live my life in a healthy environment with young beautiful girls than old and rich later banging whores. I think I can live in the Philippines even as an expat while I get my papers. I'll figure it out eventually. Gives me more to write about.

This is her

as always pics at blog.

Great blog, useful info, glad I looked at it.

You seem to know women pretty well.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Liked this too:
And I will let you in a little secret. Global dating has not been proven to increase the satisfaction of males. If anything, it had led to a decline to overall happiness by hinting at the idea of a solution that could somewhat alleviate the pain caused by suffering rejection.

Again, global dating is not the solution. What it is, and I say this with certainty, is that it provides the individual to come to grasp with himself. The moment you leave, once the initial rush subsides, the monotony entrenches itself, then you are left with a confrontation with the self. Maybe then the problem is not wholly societal maybe the problem... is you.

Directly, an ability is needed to be injected to the men on this forum. This ability is to adopt a positive attitude while they are still at home waiting to leave. The attitude hedges the bet. The attitude is the thing in itself. The shift in attitude is what leaving is for. It is best for it to occur now and here, not there and later. This is the solution, this here and now, not the there and later. IT is the happy in the happy abroad -- the positive mindset.

In all honesty, most men in the forum will not even get to a point that I am in now. G-Minus days to departure -- staring it square in the eye. What I see through all this is myself most of all.....
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

mguy is doing a fine job. the new kid on the block...
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Hey, so i'm getting the flow of things. What do you guys want me to investigate for you? I have a camera and a go-pro vid camera. Might do some live shots if I dont get into too much trouble.

I think I'm doing well with picking up girls. I am still localizing to the new standard of beauty. I have a new post on it.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

don´t know. just a random thought you could post a photo from the back of the chics before you approch them and tell us what happened.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: Mguy does Manila

Post by kai1275 »

djfourmoney wrote:
Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:
I did not understand how some of the foreigners go for ugly Filipinas (on average as per population), but I think it boils down to economics. .
Sexy women are generally the most demanding and the least trustworthy, occasionally you'll find one that does not fit this stereotype. I had lots of Filipinas that were younger and sexier than my wife chase me but I chose her because she was the easiest to get along with. If your a player looks will be your top criteria because you don't plan on staying with her long.

I'll also add that single Filipinas with no kids over the age of thirty usually have issues and should be avoided.
This is how men end up with average looking or worst women and talk themselves into it being okay. Explain Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon? He married her at the height of her beauty/maturity and are still married, often seen together in public, etc, etc. Back when Hollywood was churning out Hot Blondes right and left.

I don't like using media figures to make my point, but settling for average looking women is complete hogwash.

You can get everything you want, but like anything you will have to work for it. I guess that separates the worker bees from the innovators.

Just because a woman is in-demand because of her looks doesn't mean anything because if you want her to be with you long term, its your job to make them understand the terms and conditions of the relationship.

American society beats convenience into people's heads and it extends out to other things in life.

Taco as long as your happy that's what is most important here, but don't sell that tripe that hot women are nothing but trouble. Most hot women have never had to earn anything and are given things. Men tend to give them what they want, so they act like children when they don't get their way.

Any woman needs to earn the right to take your last name and call herself Mrs. Jane Doe.

Why not start at the top?
I agree with DJ. Shake off the USA mentality of 4-7 make the best wives. That is bollocks. When our grandfathers were alive they got the best looking women because they they were real men, not because they looked like Justin Beiber. Do it right. If you marry one, pass on ones like that blonde haired one. That car model if her face matches that body, is appropriate. All very beautiful women are going to be a little bit spoiled, that is the price they cost. You don't want to be married to a man, so get a real proper woman that is very feminine, that COMPLIMENTS YOU!