Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Falcon in Thailand!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Falcon in Thailand!

Postby Falcon » Sun May 12, 2013 2:23 am

So, I've finally bounced out of the US! I have now relocated to Bangkok, Thailand, and am living and working there long-term.

And no, I'm not teaching English or living off my savings. :P I'm working over 40 hours each week for an organization in downtown Bangkok, and am here primarily for professional purposes. My work requires very specific knowledge and skills, as well as proficiency in multiple languages, so it's not really something that most expats can do. (Please PM me if you have questions.)

Late May, I'll likely be meeting up with Rock in Bangkok.

Photos coming up soon. :D
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun May 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Good to see you in Guangzhou!

I'd love to come to Thailand at some point! Well I hope you stay in Bangkok for a while so I can come and visit. I feel that before I contemplate marriage, I need to get monging out of my system.

I've also thought about living in Thailand, but I'm not sure if I could stand the heat. Although I don't think Guangzhou is actually that hot, so maybe I'm becoming acclimatised.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Billy » Sun May 12, 2013 6:37 pm

so that´s why you don´t have time for your rhymes.

good job falcon. you´re the man :)
Billy
Experienced Poster

Postby mguy » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 am

u da man Falcon!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby Adama » Mon May 13, 2013 1:25 am

How about some photos?
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

No news? Wow, it must be so good there he's forgot to log in.

Meanwhile in Guangzhou...

...things are getting surreal. Dated a 25yo tonight. Actually she didn't look too young, and was wise beyond her years. Also she was beautiful, well dressed and fluent in English. Dating is so awesome here!

And as for the surreal part, my mate has gone to live with a woman in another province, but he's asked me to look after his Guangzhou girlfriend. Lmao. Winston need not fear about not being able to meet any interesting guys out here!
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby ryanx » Mon May 13, 2013 3:10 pm

xiongmao wrote:No news? Wow, it must be so good there he's forgot to log in.

Meanwhile in Guangzhou...

...things are getting surreal. Dated a 25yo tonight. Actually she didn't look too young, and was wise beyond her years. Also she was beautiful, well dressed and fluent in English. Dating is so awesome here!

And as for the surreal part, my mate has gone to live with a woman in another province, but he's asked me to look after his Guangzhou girlfriend. Lmao. Winston need not fear about not being able to meet any interesting guys out here!

What did he mean EXACTLY by "look after his girlfriend"? :o
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Re: Falcon in Thailand!

Postby momopi » Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Falcon wrote:Photos coming up soon. :D

Sigh up with Google + and Picasaweb. Unlimited storage of photos and videos (up to 15 min per clip).
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:09 pm

So I've met up with Everdred and Rock recently in Bangkok.

Everdred and I took the SkyTrain and walked around Lumphini Park and Siam Square. We both snapped some photos of daily life in Thailand, and had a great time exploring.

Rock showed me around too, and we had a lot of conversations about life in the U.S., Taiwan, Thailand, and all sorts of things. He's an excellent mentor, guide, and friend, which I deeply appreciated. This deserves another post of its own. :D
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I'd love to go to Thailand, maybe I'll get there in the Autumn/Winter.

I'd also like tips on dealing with tropical heat, I think I need to go back to the UK soon as I'm just not designed for this heat. Chinese people can play basketball in this heat, I'm a sweaty wreck just standing still!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Falcon wrote:So I've met up with Everdred and Rock recently in Bangkok.

Everdred and I took the SkyTrain and walked around Lumphini Park and Siam Square. We both snapped some photos of daily life in Thailand, and had a great time exploring.

Rock showed me around too, and we had a lot of conversations about life in the U.S., Taiwan, Thailand, and all sorts of things. He's an excellent mentor, guide, and friend, which I deeply appreciated. This deserves another post of its own. :D

You're meeting a lot of HA celebrities. Must be nice *Cries infinitely and a day* :O-) But Rock is an awesome dude. I'd like to meet a lot (and not alot) of people from H.A. offline.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby celery2010 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 am

xiongmao wrote:I'd love to go to Thailand, maybe I'll get there in the Autumn/Winter.

I'd also like tips on dealing with tropical heat, I think I need to go back to the UK soon as I'm just not designed for this heat. Chinese people can play basketball in this heat, I'm a sweaty wreck just standing still!

Wear linen and silk, not cotton. This helps a lot. I feel cooler in long linen pants than shorts.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 pm

I think I'm battle hardened now. I'm in Thailand in the hot low-season... yeah it's not hot at all! Anything below 21°C is now freezing cold for me.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Falcon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:17 pm

My Thai girl made Xiongmao chug these crickets and grasshoppers. :P

Ants, silkworms, waterbeetles, and more

Karaoke

Basil chicken rice (ga-pao gai) that I had while Xiongmao, Rock, and I were hanging out together

Authentic pizza that Xiongmao, Everdred, and I had.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 pm

They are ladened with protein those little buggers. Seriously. They are good for you!
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories