Falcon in Thailand!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, is that the infamous KTV place? The Chinese lady who works there has the most amazing legs (and voice!). On the downside she loves money way too much. I think I'm done with China for a while, except that since living there I've developed an addiction to fruit flavoured gum.

That pizza place is good but if they lowered their prices maybe we wouldn't be their only customers!

Still not seen bugs for sale, I don't know where your lady bought them.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

xiongmao wrote:Still not seen bugs for sale, I don't know where your lady bought them.
I guess she picked them up from the gutters then, haha! Just kidding.

Fried bugs are sold anywhere in Bangkok where there are lots of migrants from Isaan. The bug carts are usually around for only a few times a week though, and are often transported by motorbike. Try Khao San Road, Patpong, and Soi Nana (the left side as you're walking away from Sukhumvit) at night. That's because the Isaan bar girls all want their bugs. :P

Xiongmao, have you tried Isaan food yet? The serve sticky rice (khaaw niaw) in rattan baskets. You roll the rice up into little balls, and eat it with your hands.

My Isaan girl is always craving sticky rice, hehe, not just bugs. She'd go around asking for sticky rice, and the Central Thai stall owners would occasionally give her the stares. That's because sticky rice is considered "poor people's rice" in Thailand. :P Sticky rice grows more easily in the poor, red soils of NE Thailand's Khorat Plateau, while Thailand's famed jasmine rice is more suited to be grown in the central valleys.

Rebecca1234
Freshman Poster

Re: Falcon in Thailand!

Post by Rebecca1234 »

Falcon! You are very lucky that you are living is such an amazing place. Thailand is a very beautiful country. In fact, it is one of the most famous place for its beauty. I have been to Thailand before so many years before my niagara falls usa side tours. I was so small then and unfortunately I forgot almost everything about the city so, I would love go there whenever I'll get the chance.