Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Photo: Older guy in PI surrounded by cute Filipinas!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby tre » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm

I hardly ever wore pants in the Philippines OR Thailand. I only wore pants in Singapore when I was working (miserable outside in pants). It is too hot and humid for that IMO. I was out and about constantly in the middle of the day...Island hopping, hiking, seeing all the sights, etc.. I wore light-weight, moisture wicking shirts and shorts. I wore comfortable sandels most of the time. My feet were going to get wet so wearing shoes seemed like not a great choice.

I went to a nightclub on ONE night while in Thailand and I wore nice clothes at that time. Outside of that, I wore what was comfortable. Walking around outdoors in that heat/humidity in PANTS is ridiculous IMO. You could wear a nice button up shirt in the middle of the day in the heat/humidity and then have sweat marks on your back, pits and chest. I would personally rather wear a more appropriate moisture wicking shirt any day...

I wore pants in Hong Kong because it was chilly there. It really all depends on the weather.

BTW, I think (from what I can see) that the girl in the blue dress is the most attractive out of the girls there. I can't really see her body that well though. The one in the gray shirt doesn't look to have a very good body, but hard to tell for certain from the picture. Her face looks decent I suppose. The others don't look very attractive to me...
Junior Poster

Postby Raja » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:38 am

The floor staff in a store took a picture with a customer. Compared to US standards they are always overstaffed, but the checkout rums slower :roll: . So a tourist ask to take a picture and it breaks up a boring shift is there something special I am missing here?
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 am

Trying to overcome the heat is understandable. I live in FL and use t-shirts, shorts, and trekker sandals 50% of the time;(also partly because I don't care about impressing the Psychunts anymore).

But at least the clothing should be well-fitting (must thus work on the gut) and in some colors that are more favorable.

This XXXL polo shirt and shorts (longs?) don't work. I just don't think any polo shirt works for that matter; you wear that when your mom or your ltr girlfriend are trying to "change" you.

Winston himself did some of this, I remember one of his Russia videos. Hitting on those cute girls while wearing an over sized polo, some cheapo jeans, and white tennis shoes. Man that stuff made me cringe.

I'm sorry, not trying to bash anyone or sound queer or PUA. All I'm saying is it's good to maximize your potential, to get even better results if you're already in a friendly place.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Veteran Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories