Hong Kong trip report & lessons learned

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Repatriate wrote:I went to HK with my thai gf back in '07 and I remember how annoying it was to find a place to use the toilet. It's not like in Thailand where you can easily duck into one of many shopping centers or malls and find nice pristine bathrooms. In HK it was brutal in the evening trying to go through a maze of streets to find a place to poop.
I should have mentioned this. Unlike Taipei, where you'd usually find nice clean public restrooms at MRT stations, in Hong Kong most MRT stations do not appear to have public restroom facilities.

Also, money changers are all over the place in HK and offers better exchange rate than Hotels.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Escaping HK smog (off to Lantou Island)

HK Airport:

You can hike the trail instead of taking the gondola:

Be warned that the trail is not for beginners, and I've seen several out of shape people lay across the steps as if they've passed out:

Like my home town in Changhua, Taiwan, they've built a giant Buddha statue up the hill to attract tourists:

Authentic ancient Chinese tourist trap:

Complete with Starbucks, Subway, etc. At least the air is nice and clean up here:

Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Very nice pics momopi! Reminds me of the awesome time I had when I was in HK last Sept. Can't wait to go back!
I didn't find HK to be expensive, save accommodations, which is crazy. Everything else, cabs, food, beer, etc was reasonably priced. If I can secure a good place to stay there at a reasonable price, I'd love to make HKG my base. It's a fabulous place to be based at. Tons of uber cheap options to fly to other great destinations in Asia. HKG-Clark 20$, HKG-BKK 50$, HKG-Bali 60$ etc...

Love HKG!!!