Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Meetup with Dianne and Angelo

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:44 am

Thanks for giving them the chocolate Falcon. I'm sure they loved it. And thanks for the great pictures as well.

Btw, when you see Mr S, tell him that Dianne is a great girl and that it was extremely rude and uncalled for when he ignored her when he saw her and didn't even say hi, simply because he falsely assumed that Dianne was a bad person like all the other Filipinas he knew. That was totally rude and uncalled for, and uncivilized as well. Dianne said that he was the coldest foreigner she ever met. Not to even say hi to a girl when introduced is abhorrent manners, as well as a lack of basic manners. Even Rock and Ladislav agreed.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Falcon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:59 am

Winston wrote:Thanks for giving them the chocolate Falcon. I'm sure they loved it. And thanks for the great pictures as well.


You're more than welcome. I'd like to thank Dianne again for her wonderful hospitality and incredible generosity. You and Dianne are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.


Winston wrote:In the Philippines, people say that they're unhappy because they don't have enough money, yet they LOOK and ACT happy, cheerful, joyful, playful and have relaxed smiles. In contrast, in the USA, people say that they're happy, yet they LOOK and ACT depressed, grumpy, angry, irritable, deflated, tired, stressed, paranoid and unfriendly.


Actions speak louder than words. The Philippines is actually quite high on world happiness rankings.


Oh, and Momopi, that dish she cooked is called puchero. It's also highly popular in South America and Spain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puchero
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:39 am

Falcon wrote:....Actions speak louder than words. The Philippines is actually quite high on world happiness rankings....



Yup and that's why it isn't hard to get a.ss there and/or a LTR with some Filipina over there.
10 months of experience of P4P and non-P4P.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 am

Winston wrote:But why would I want to make him a US citizen? First, there is a risk in that the US government could force me to pay unreasonable amounts of child support and get on my case. I don't like government interfering in private life.

I think before he turns 17 or so you should definitely make him a U.S. citizen. It's a big leg up in the world especially coming from the lower end of the economic scale. By that time he will have developed his own personality and life. At least give him the privileges of being a U.S. citizen but it doesn't mean he has to live there if he doesn't want to. The economic advantages are undeniable.

In the Philippines, people say that they're unhappy because they don't have enough money, yet they LOOK and ACT happy, cheerful, joyful, playful and have relaxed smiles. In contrast, in the USA, people say that they're happy, yet they LOOK and ACT depressed, grumpy, angry, irritable, deflated, tired, stressed, paranoid and unfriendly.

Figure that one out if you can.

It's a cultural thing and when you have nothing to lose sometimes you are more happy about it especially if all you got is human capital in the world..ie. family and friends. I think Americans replace genuine social and human contact with materialism, work, and the internet.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Rock » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:But why would I want to make him a US citizen? First, there is a risk in that the US government could force me to pay unreasonable amounts of child support and get on my case. I don't like government interfering in private life.

I think before he turns 17 or so you should definitely make him a U.S. citizen. It's a big leg up in the world especially coming from the lower end of the economic scale. By that time he will have developed his own personality and life. At least give him the privileges of being a U.S. citizen but it doesn't mean he has to live there if he doesn't want to. The economic advantages are undeniable.

In the Philippines, people say that they're unhappy because they don't have enough money, yet they LOOK and ACT happy, cheerful, joyful, playful and have relaxed smiles. In contrast, in the USA, people say that they're happy, yet they LOOK and ACT depressed, grumpy, angry, irritable, deflated, tired, stressed, paranoid and unfriendly.

Figure that one out if you can.

It's a cultural thing and when you have nothing to lose sometimes you are more happy about it especially if all you got is human capital in the world..ie. family and friends. I think Americans replace genuine social and human contact with materialism, work, and the internet.


1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

a. You get taxed on worldwide income - no exemption on investments and a current $92,000 exemption on earned

b. You are locked into yearly reporting requirements on financial assets with very harsh civil and even criminal punishments if you get caught not complying

c. If you get married anywhere in the world to a national from almost any nation, she can later pursue you for alimony and/or child support in the USA federal and perhaps state court systems. Globally, USA has stronger enforcement arm than about any other nation.

d. A very high percentage of investment and even commercial banks outside of USA will not allow you to open an account with them or if they do, may subject you to very high with holding from all dividends, interest, and capital gains earned.

2. Why not instead just naturalize him as a Taiwanese? Most of the disadvantages above would not apply and as a travel document, a Taiwan Passport is becoming very convenient with visa free/visa on arrival/electronic visa travel to around 130 countries including USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, SP, and most western European countries plus an advantage for long term stays in China. Taiwan has a first world life style and infrastructure with a lot less of the cultural dark and ugly side of USA.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Rock wrote:1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

True..but Filipinos (and let's face it Angelo will be 99% Filipino culturally) tend to adapt much better to U.S. culture. Maybe it's because they fantasize and pump up the U.S. so much in their heads and relatively speaking it is much better in the U.S. from a comfort point of view. The pros outweigh the cons.

He will get the benefit of:

1) Better higher education.
2) Clean air and at least superior material living standard. Pollution diminishes IQ.
3) Lower crime in most cities.
4) The social and cultural cachet of being a fil-am when he does go back. He'll be swimming in a better class of poontang like mguy.
5) Career, skills, or economic advancement.
6) U.S. passport is still a pretty good passport to have. I think with a Taiwan passport you still have to jump through hoops in some places.

a. You get taxed on worldwide income - no exemption on investments and a current $92,000 exemption on earned

That's true..but he has to have that money first to get taxed on it. :lol:

2. Why not instead just naturalize him as a Taiwanese? Most of the disadvantages above would not apply and as a travel document, a Taiwan Passport is becoming very convenient with visa free/visa on arrival/electronic visa travel to around 130 countries including USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, SP, and most western European countries plus an advantage for long term stays in China. Taiwan has a first world life style and infrastructure with a lot less of the cultural dark and ugly side of USA.

This is a better short term option but I question Taiwan's economic and political ability to exist into the future. They are being beset on all sides and Taiwan's relevance as an IT powerhouse and shine is probably going to be greatly overshadowed by China even more so than now.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby momopi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

True..but Filipinos (and let's face it Angelo will be 99% Filipino culturally) tend to adapt much better to U.S. culture. Maybe it's because they fantasize and pump up the U.S. so much in their heads and relatively speaking it is much better in the U.S. from a comfort point of view. The pros outweigh the cons.
He will get the benefit of:


I'd also add that there are pre-existing Filipino communities here in the US, i.e. Cerritos California. We have um, at least 4 or 5 Filipino supermarkets in Cerritos that I can think of, plus Jollybee, Red Ribbon, Goldilocks, numerous other Filipino restaurants and stores, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Rock » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 pm

momopi wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

True..but Filipinos (and let's face it Angelo will be 99% Filipino culturally) tend to adapt much better to U.S. culture. Maybe it's because they fantasize and pump up the U.S. so much in their heads and relatively speaking it is much better in the U.S. from a comfort point of view. The pros outweigh the cons.
He will get the benefit of:


I'd also add that there are pre-existing Filipino communities here in the US, i.e. Cerritos California. We have um, at least 4 or 5 Filipino supermarkets in Cerritos that I can think of, plus Jollybee, Red Ribbon, Goldilocks, numerous other Filipino restaurants and stores, etc.


Yea, and when I was staying in Daly City just south of San Francisco, I saw Filipinos everywhere. There is something I really like about certain areas in California. It's like, you've got access to all kinds of amenities from various Asian cultures, can meet the people from those cultures and live side-by-side with them, but enjoy the luxuries and convenience of a US lifestyle.

Here in Taiwan, we've got tens of thousands of Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, and Vietnamese, mostly working either in factories or as care-givers. Of course there is also a big group of Vietnam women who are here as spouses of Taiwan men. But the former categories are not considered part of the society, just here to work for a few years. Some do manage to naturalize though. BTW, some of the factory workers don't have a bad deal - minimum pay of nearly NT$20,000, accommodation, broker fees of just NT$1,500-1,800 per month, 1-3 days a week off, health insurance, and some annual leave plus National Holidays.

Keep in mind, Angelo has like 15 years more or so to grow-up. If mguy is right, Phils might be a very different place by then. And if Taco is right, USA will be a shell of it's former glory. We'll see. But I think the ASEAN region is making it's way up the food chain to some extent and there will likely be increased inra region cooperation and tourism in the near future. That makes for more growth opportunities for some of these countries at least.

Taiwan's industry has already hollowed-out. Majority of production moved to China long ago and over 1 million of some 23 million Taiwan nationals reside in China. But, like Japan, there is still wealth here. And much of the ownership of those China plants remains in the hands of Taiwanese. It's hard to see an interesting future for Taiwan economically. Like Japan, it's a shrinking country demographically and economically.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Repatriate » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Rock wrote:
Yea, and when I was staying in Daly City just south of San Francisco, I saw Filipinos everywhere. There is something I really like about certain areas in California. It's like, you've got access to all kinds of amenities from various Asian cultures, can meet the people from those cultures and live side-by-side with them, but enjoy the luxuries and convenience of a US lifestyle.

I'd say southern CA areas like San Gabriel Valley is more "asian" now than San Francisco. SF has been taken over politically and socially by brain addled white feminists, militant gays, silicon valley beta males, and ultra leftist transplants. A lot of asians that I know want to leave the SF region asap. The gender ratio is also notoriously bad there.

Keep in mind, Angelo has like 15 years more or so to grow-up. If mguy is right, Phils might be a very different place by then. And if Taco is right, USA will be a shell of it's former glory. We'll see. But I think the ASEAN region is making it's way up the food chain to some extent and there will likely be increased inra region cooperation and tourism in the near future. That makes for more growth opportunities for some of these countries at least.


Things won't be nearly as bad for the U.S. Despite the constant bitching and negativity about the U.S. from conservatives and other culture warriors what the U.S. does have is a fresh pipeline of optimistic immigrants with skills. What could ruin this advantage is opening the floodgates for millions of illegal latinos and coddling large numbers of third world immigrants from culturally and religiously incompatible nations like Europe has done.



Taiwan's industry has already hollowed-out. Majority of production moved to China long ago and over 1 million of some 23 million Taiwan nationals reside in China. But, like Japan, there is still wealth here. And much of the ownership of those China plants remains in the hands of Taiwanese. It's hard to see an interesting future for Taiwan economically. Like Japan, it's a shrinking country demographically and economically.

Yeah, I also don't see a terribly bright future for Taiwan. Their main capital and export at this point is human capital..ie. skilled, intelligent, and industrious people. However, what is lacking is ambition and creative drive. The essence and passion that drives civilization is missing. It's definitely a dying country just like Japan is. I remember my mother talked about how in the 70's there was a huge surge of optimism and growth in Taiwan where you could feel the energy in the air. All that is gone now and replaced with a general malaise. Taiwan and Japan are both looking outward for direction now instead of inward.

I do think things are way worse in some EU countries such as Greece and Spain where full blown entropy has set in. The economies are being crushed and the people have no future or competitive advantage to speak of. You could say that's a result of carrying too much debt, corruption, and general cultural malaise but I could see a similar state of affairs occurring in Japan and Taiwan down the road.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm

momopi wrote:What is the dish that she was cooking?


Dianne told me it was: "chicken pochero w banana on it and some mix vegetable".
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: citizenship laws?

Postby Winston » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

True..but Filipinos (and let's face it Angelo will be 99% Filipino culturally) tend to adapt much better to U.S. culture. Maybe it's because they fantasize and pump up the U.S. so much in their heads and relatively speaking it is much better in the U.S. from a comfort point of view. The pros outweigh the cons.

He will get the benefit of:

1) Better higher education.
2) Clean air and at least superior material living standard. Pollution diminishes IQ.
3) Lower crime in most cities.
4) The social and cultural cachet of being a fil-am when he does go back. He'll be swimming in a better class of poontang like mguy.
5) Career, skills, or economic advancement.
6) U.S. passport is still a pretty good passport to have. I think with a Taiwan passport you still have to jump through hoops in some places.


First all, Angelo does not act Filipino. Filipino kids are very quiet and docile and do not complain much. All the kids I see there are very different than Angelo. You're assuming that kids are all blank slates and that culture and environment makes 100 percent of a person's personality. That isn't true, but that's the popular view of liberals and social deconstructionists.

Second, the US has some advantages, but the disadvantages outweigh them. In the US, school bullying is rampant. The public school environment is VERY HOSTILE. Kids will be forced to go to school which is not a friendly environment. My friend's son got out of high school early because he didn't fit into cliques there. The state government almost got on her case for that.

Kids are pumped with 36 vaccines in America. They look unhealthy and fat nowadays as if chemicals have been pumped into their bodies and growth hormones. Look at the kids around you in the US.

Plus, if Angelo comes to the US, who is going to raise him here? I'm not going to stay here and be miserable and depressed everyday. It will ruin my mental health. I'm not alive here and can't come out of my shell. And my parents want to live in Taiwan cause they have free healthcare there.

Also, would anyone want Dianne to become a bitchy spoiled rotten American woman? I don't think so.

Again, you're not seeing the big picture.

2. Why not instead just naturalize him as a Taiwanese? Most of the disadvantages above would not apply and as a travel document, a Taiwan Passport is becoming very convenient with visa free/visa on arrival/electronic visa travel to around 130 countries including USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, SP, and most western European countries plus an advantage for long term stays in China. Taiwan has a first world life style and infrastructure with a lot less of the cultural dark and ugly side of USA.


This is a better short term option but I question Taiwan's economic and political ability to exist into the future. They are being beset on all sides and Taiwan's relevance as an IT powerhouse and shine is probably going to be greatly overshadowed by China even more so than now.


The Taiwanese Embassy said that a DNA test would be required for a child born out of wedlock, and the test would have to be done at St. Luke's Hospital, which would cost 60,000 pesos.

Plus I would not be happy living in Taiwan anyway, and the school system there is highly oppressive and represses one's personality into conformity, making them weak, submissive and hollow. Would you want to subject your kids to that?

Yeah, I also don't see a terribly bright future for Taiwan. Their main capital and export at this point is human capital..ie. skilled, intelligent, and industrious people. However, what is lacking is ambition and creative drive. The essence and passion that drives civilization is missing. It's definitely a dying country just like Japan is. I remember my mother talked about how in the 70's there was a huge surge of optimism and growth in Taiwan where you could feel the energy in the air. All that is gone now and replaced with a general malaise. Taiwan and Japan are both looking outward for direction now instead of inward.


Japan could've still been a world superpower if it didn't attack Pearl Harbor and bring America into WWII. Instead, it should have built its defenses in Asia from invasion. It was the most powerful country in Asia during WWII.

I don't understand why Japan couldn't just get oil from Asia or other countries. How can the US block oil to a whole country? Why didn't the Japanese just sink any ships that prevented oil tankers from reaching their country?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby celery2010 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 am

Dianne really is quite tall for a Filipina-- she has long legs and arms-- the majority of women are like 5 feet tall, with short legs. Didn't really notice that before.
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Postby Mr S » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Winston wrote:Thanks for giving them the chocolate Falcon. I'm sure they loved it. And thanks for the great pictures as well.

Btw, when you see Mr S, tell him that Dianne is a great girl and that it was extremely rude and uncalled for when he ignored her when he saw her and didn't even say hi, simply because he falsely assumed that Dianne was a bad person like all the other Filipinas he knew. That was totally rude and uncalled for, and uncivilized as well. Dianne said that he was the coldest foreigner she ever met. Not to even say hi to a girl when introduced is abhorrent manners, as well as a lack of basic manners. Even Rock and Ladislav agreed.


Here's the uncivilized monster chiming in, I'm not sure if I remember how to write because I'm such a neanderthal and so unsophisticated due to my primitive and backwards thinking process, ugh, ugh, duh, dooody, fart...

Anyways, your looking back at this scenario from your perspective which took place a few years ago. So how you perceive the incident and how I perceived the incident and how an independent bystander would perceive the incident would be entirely different. You're just being over dramatic when nothing of this happenstance you're describing hardly occurred, and only through your perspective if this is the case. Also, if this was such a horrendous insult to you and Diane then why didn't you say anything at the time? If you were so insulted and she was so insulted then say something when the act is occurring, not years later when memories are foggy at best.

Besides the fact, I'm not generally interested in conversing with women just for the hell of it like you may be. So if I did or didn't say a casual hi or it was not perceived correctly, so what and leave it at that? Did I cause you and Diane's world to crumble becuase of my unflattering perceived attitude towards her? You defend women's over emotional responses way too much, women over emotionalize everything, especially when they are younger and have fragile egos. I'm cold? So what, I turn any grace and charm I may have off and on at my whim not hers or yours. Dude I didn't want to talk to Diane, I have zero interest so why would you push her on me to do so when you know I wasn't interested in the first place? Not every guy you meet is interested in talking to women you hang around with. Besides, I generally only talk to women if I feel it's going to get me some putang or something. Women generally don't excite me with their amazing conversation skills. Most women that have any decent conversation skills and have anything to say are the ones that are older, with more life experience and already gone through menopause and don't have dreamed up fantasies that every guy is still trying to get into their pants. Thus, a guy can actually have a conversation with them cause generally there is no physical attraction that impedes the conversation process.

In the true reality of things there is only a small minority of younger women that have much to say in a conversation and most of them are difficult to deal with on a regular basis. So with that said, the combined ones left who would be tolerable are extremely rare and an intellectual freethinking Western male is most likely not going to run into them very often in their lifetime. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who feels like this, Tom Leykis always mentions this type of thinking regularly on his radio show, but he is even more crass. He thinks all women are just walking urinals and has zero interest in casual conversations unless it leads to sex or some other benefit for himself. I am not as extreme as this but I do scrutinize whether having a conversation with a woman is in my best interest or not. Especially when most are emotional or mental basket cases once you get to truly know them. So why bother in a general sense? Pick and choose carefully is the way I handle things, others are completely opposite. Who cares? Stop badgering how others do things and just stick to what you prefer in regards to dealing with women and leave it at that.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 am

Mr S wrote:
Winston wrote:Thanks for giving them the chocolate Falcon. I'm sure they loved it. And thanks for the great pictures as well.

Btw, when you see Mr S, tell him that Dianne is a great girl and that it was extremely rude and uncalled for when he ignored her when he saw her and didn't even say hi, simply because he falsely assumed that Dianne was a bad person like all the other Filipinas he knew. That was totally rude and uncalled for, and uncivilized as well. Dianne said that he was the coldest foreigner she ever met. Not to even say hi to a girl when introduced is abhorrent manners, as well as a lack of basic manners. Even Rock and Ladislav agreed.


Here's the uncivilized monster chiming in, I'm not sure if I remember how to write because I'm such a neanderthal and so unsophisticated due to my primitive and backwards thinking process, ugh, ugh, duh, dooody, fart...

Anyways, your looking back at this scenario from your perspective which took place a few years ago. So how you perceive the incident and how I perceived the incident and how an independent bystander would perceive the incident would be entirely different. You're just being over dramatic when nothing of this happenstance you're describing hardly occurred, and only through your perspective if this is the case. Also, if this was such a horrendous insult to you and Diane then why didn't you say anything at the time? If you were so insulted and she was so insulted then say something when the act is occurring, not years later when memories are foggy at best.

Besides the fact, I'm not generally interested in conversing with women just for the hell of it like you may be. So if I did or didn't say a casual hi or it was not perceived correctly, so what and leave it at that? Did I cause you and Diane's world to crumble becuase of my unflattering perceived attitude towards her? You defend women's over emotional responses way too much, women over emotionalize everything, especially when they are younger and have fragile egos. I'm cold? So what, I turn any grace and charm I may have off and on at my whim not hers or yours. Dude I didn't want to talk to Diane, I have zero interest so why would you push her on me to do so when you know I wasn't interested in the first place? Not every guy you meet is interested in talking to women you hang around with. Besides, I generally only talk to women if I feel it's going to get me some putang or something. Women generally don't excite me with their amazing conversation skills. Most women that have any decent conversation skills and have anything to say are the ones that are older, with more life experience and already gone through menopause and don't have dreamed up fantasies that every guy is still trying to get into their pants. Thus, a guy can actually have a conversation with them cause generally there is no physical attraction that impedes the conversation process.

In the true reality of things there is only a small minority of younger women that have much to say in a conversation and most of them are difficult to deal with on a regular basis. So with that said, the combined ones left who would be tolerable are extremely rare and an intellectual freethinking Western male is most likely not going to run into them very often in their lifetime. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who feels like this, Tom Leykis always mentions this type of thinking regularly on his radio show, but he is even more crass. He thinks all women are just walking urinals and has zero interest in casual conversations unless it leads to sex or some other benefit for himself. I am not as extreme as this but I do scrutinize whether having a conversation with a woman is in my best interest or not. Especially when most are emotional or mental basket cases once you get to truly know them. So why bother in a general sense? Pick and choose carefully is the way I handle things, others are completely opposite. Who cares? Stop badgering how others do things and just stick to what you prefer in regards to dealing with women and leave it at that.


What do you mean when you say this: "You're just being over dramatic when nothing of this happenstance you're describing hardly occurred, and only through your perspective if this is the case."

Are you saying that you don't remember that incident? My God. Either you have a bad memory or you are dishonest. Either way, it occurred. Even Dianne remembers it.

Sure you have a right not to talk to someone if you don't want to. But you can ask any guys here, and he will tell you that it is RUDE, COLD and UNCIVIL when introduced to your friend's partner, not to say anything or acknowledge her existence. NO GUY would do that. Only you.

Ask any guy here: If you introduced your partner to your friend, and your friend did not even acknowledge her existence, what would you think of him?

EVERYONE would say that that would be very rude, uncivil and abhorrent in manners. Ask any guy here.

You ask why I didn't say anything about it at the time. Well what good would it have done? I can't force you to say hi to her. No one can force you to do something you don't want to do.

You also make a bad logic fallacy in assuming that Dianne is like all the bad girls you know in the PI, without any basis. How can you judge someone you don't even know like that?

You are definitely way jaded no doubt. It shows in your writings. And you are not playful, charming, sweet or fun in personality. Even Rock said this. Rock and I both observed that the obvious reason why you only attract bad girls that want your money and treat you bad, is because your personality is too cold. Filipinas do not like guys with cold personalities who are not fun, playful, warm or sweet. Any Filipina will tell you that. So obviously a decent normal Filipina is not going to feel comfortable around you, since you are cold and cannot connect with them. Obviously then, you are only going to meet bad girls. That is why you have such negative experiences with Filipinas.

Sorry if that insults you. I know you may contest this. But to a third party person, it's very obvious and crystal clear. Rock and I don't agree on much, but on that we did agree on, because it was very obvious. There's no denying that your cold personality is a MAJOR FACTOR in why your experiences with Filipinas are negative and why normal decent ones can't get along with you, and why you are jaded as well. It's an obvious no-brainer, whether you admit to it or not. There's no question that it's a big factor. It's one of your chief flaws.

A man is known by his actions. And you not even saying hi to a friend's partner was very rude, cold and uncivil. Almost sociopathic. Ask anyone here. No man would do that. Not even a bad man would do that. It's almost inhuman.

Again, ask any guy here: If you introduced your partner to your friend, and your friend did not even acknowledge her existence, what would you think of him?

EVERYONE would say that that would be very rude, uncivil and abhorrent in manners. Ask any guy here.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Conclusion, The End

Postby Mr S » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

Winston wrote:
Mr S wrote:
Winston wrote:Thanks for giving them the chocolate Falcon. I'm sure they loved it. And thanks for the great pictures as well.

Btw, when you see Mr S, tell him that Dianne is a great girl and that it was extremely rude and uncalled for when he ignored her when he saw her and didn't even say hi, simply because he falsely assumed that Dianne was a bad person like all the other Filipinas he knew. That was totally rude and uncalled for, and uncivilized as well. Dianne said that he was the coldest foreigner she ever met. Not to even say hi to a girl when introduced is abhorrent manners, as well as a lack of basic manners. Even Rock and Ladislav agreed.


Here's the uncivilized monster chiming in, I'm not sure if I remember how to write because I'm such a neanderthal and so unsophisticated due to my primitive and backwards thinking process, ugh, ugh, duh, dooody, fart...

Anyways, your looking back at this scenario from your perspective which took place a few years ago. So how you perceive the incident and how I perceived the incident and how an independent bystander would perceive the incident would be entirely different. You're just being over dramatic when nothing of this happenstance you're describing hardly occurred, and only through your perspective if this is the case. Also, if this was such a horrendous insult to you and Diane then why didn't you say anything at the time? If you were so insulted and she was so insulted then say something when the act is occurring, not years later when memories are foggy at best.

Besides the fact, I'm not generally interested in conversing with women just for the hell of it like you may be. So if I did or didn't say a casual hi or it was not perceived correctly, so what and leave it at that? Did I cause you and Diane's world to crumble becuase of my unflattering perceived attitude towards her? You defend women's over emotional responses way too much, women over emotionalize everything, especially when they are younger and have fragile egos. I'm cold? So what, I turn any grace and charm I may have off and on at my whim not hers or yours. Dude I didn't want to talk to Diane, I have zero interest so why would you push her on me to do so when you know I wasn't interested in the first place? Not every guy you meet is interested in talking to women you hang around with. Besides, I generally only talk to women if I feel it's going to get me some putang or something. Women generally don't excite me with their amazing conversation skills. Most women that have any decent conversation skills and have anything to say are the ones that are older, with more life experience and already gone through menopause and don't have dreamed up fantasies that every guy is still trying to get into their pants. Thus, a guy can actually have a conversation with them cause generally there is no physical attraction that impedes the conversation process.

In the true reality of things there is only a small minority of younger women that have much to say in a conversation and most of them are difficult to deal with on a regular basis. So with that said, the combined ones left who would be tolerable are extremely rare and an intellectual freethinking Western male is most likely not going to run into them very often in their lifetime. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who feels like this, Tom Leykis always mentions this type of thinking regularly on his radio show, but he is even more crass. He thinks all women are just walking urinals and has zero interest in casual conversations unless it leads to sex or some other benefit for himself. I am not as extreme as this but I do scrutinize whether having a conversation with a woman is in my best interest or not. Especially when most are emotional or mental basket cases once you get to truly know them. So why bother in a general sense? Pick and choose carefully is the way I handle things, others are completely opposite. Who cares? Stop badgering how others do things and just stick to what you prefer in regards to dealing with women and leave it at that.


What do you mean when you say this: "You're just being over dramatic when nothing of this happenstance you're describing hardly occurred, and only through your perspective if this is the case."

Are you saying that you don't remember that incident? My God. Either you have a bad memory or you are dishonest. Either way, it occurred. Even Dianne remembers it.

Sure you have a right not to talk to someone if you don't want to. But you can ask any guys here, and he will tell you that it is RUDE, COLD and UNCIVIL when introduced to your friend's partner, not to say anything or acknowledge her existence. NO GUY would do that. Only you.

Ask any guy here: If you introduced your partner to your friend, and your friend did not even acknowledge her existence, what would you think of him?

EVERYONE would say that that would be very rude, uncivil and abhorrent in manners. Ask any guy here.

You ask why I didn't say anything about it at the time. Well what good would it have done? I can't force you to say hi to her. No one can force you to do something you don't want to do.

You also make a bad logic fallacy in assuming that Dianne is like all the bad girls you know in the PI, without any basis. How can you judge someone you don't even know like that?

You are definitely way jaded no doubt. It shows in your writings. And you are not playful, charming, sweet or fun in personality. Even Rock said this. Rock and I both observed that the obvious reason why you only attract bad girls that want your money and treat you bad, is because your personality is too cold. Filipinas do not like guys with cold personalities who are not fun, playful, warm or sweet. Any Filipina will tell you that. So obviously a decent normal Filipina is not going to feel comfortable around you, since you are cold and cannot connect with them. Obviously then, you are only going to meet bad girls. That is why you have such negative experiences with Filipinas.

Sorry if that insults you. I know you may contest this. But to a third party person, it's very obvious and crystal clear. Rock and I don't agree on much, but on that we did agree on, because it was very obvious. There's no denying that your cold personality is a MAJOR FACTOR in why your experiences with Filipinas are negative and why normal decent ones can't get along with you, and why you are jaded as well. It's an obvious no-brainer, whether you admit to it or not. There's no question that it's a big factor. It's one of your chief flaws.

A man is known by his actions. And you not even saying hi to a friend's partner was very rude, cold and uncivil. Almost sociopathic. Ask anyone here. No man would do that. Not even a bad man would do that. It's almost inhuman.

Again, ask any guy here: If you introduced your partner to your friend, and your friend did not even acknowledge her existence, what would you think of him?

EVERYONE would say that that would be very rude, uncivil and abhorrent in manners. Ask any guy here.


I knew you would state something similar to this, as this is your perpetual style. As always this will continue until the world ends back and forth until you have the inevitable supposed final say. I will just leave it at this:
I am fully AWARE of how I behave and act at various incidences in my dealings with human beings. I CHOOSE to act a certain way at MY whim and choosing. Thus, it is not how I UNCONSCIOUSLY act, there is a difference. If I was ignorant of this fact then I would totally disagree with you and attempt to defend my ego. Which I will not do because it is irrelevant. I understand how I am perceived by most others like yourself because for one I am BEING that personality at the time, I am not acting out a role to make another feel better or perceive me in a different light. If I have the need to act a certain way in a certain circumstance I will, but how you perceive me is not who I generally am, it is how I chose for you to perceive me at any given time. You may think you know what I am and how I behave and how others would perceive me, but that is based on YOUR OWN ideals regarding how YOU would want others to perceive you based on your own social conditioning and interests in getting people to behave a certain way towards you or others. You perceive me as jaded, cold or whatever because this is the opposite of how you think one should be behaving in encounters within a similar environment. If I or someone else are not acting or behaving or absorbing the perceptions of reality based on how you are perceiving them at the same given moment it's happening then you will label them according to your past and present experience conditioning, thus I am a cold, jaded miscreant who doesn't understand the finer points of having a good time and impressing Filipinas in a red light district setting.

Many people will pull someone aside if they are conscious of others feelings or reputation and as a token of good manners or will, they say that maybe the other person is uncomfortable around you because you didn't do this or say that, I've had that happen before as well as others and you see it in American media as well. So if you didn't do that at the time and it's such a huge affront to everyone's ego years later and now it just comes up all of a sudden I think an independent reader of this blown out of proportion scenario with any critical thinking skills might call such an incident unusual to say the least, whether they agree with your assertions or not. Maybe I was cold and unpleasant under your perception of the given experience, but that's not to say that you are necessarily 100% correct because you said it and others who have briefly met me would back up your claims. Perceptions are relative and some people would consider my actions totally abhorrent and others couldn't care less or give a shit, it's all relative. If you or someone else are all butt-hurt over something then you should have brought it up within a reasonable amount of time after the fact, this is common courtesy. If the subject is broached upon years later then there is little recourse in the matter, I think there is a sort of statute of limitations regarding socially inept experiences with others as most people change or don't even remember incidences that supposedly affect others because they didn't realize it's negative consequences on the individuals in the first place.

I'm not defending who or what I am perceived to be by others, all I am saying is that at any given moment I am fully aware of how I am perceived by others and I generally choose not to be 100% pleasantly fake all the time around people, I choose to act this way for the time being. Whether one agrees with this or not and is offended with my behavior towards them is their problem, not mine. They are the ones perceiving my behavior towards them and CHOOSING to be offended or not. It's a choice. If I want to change my demeanor towards someone or something I will depending on variables related to the subject matter. You have implied that I am only capable of 100% coldness and jadedness and that is my set personality because that is how you choose to perceive me at this present moment. To say that all agree with you is incorrect cause you are using only a miniscule sampling of individuals. There are many persons that are currently in my life or were in my life in the past that would have had completely different experiences within my presence. For you to say that no Filipinas or Filipinos like me or could EVER like me because of my jadedness and coldness because they are opposite of this demeanor is just a childish statement. If I am CHOOSING to act a certain way around CERTAIN individuals wouldn't I be thus be CHOOSING to act a different way at my pleasure around others if I choose to do so? If my 24 hr demeanor was what you say it is then yes I would agree with you in regards to no one liking me and what not, however my life would have taken an entirely different turn for the worse earlier if what you say about me were actually 100% fact as you claim. You can't make compete justifications about someone based just on some samplings of a persons thought process through casual writings or meet-ups. Even wives and husbands who have been together for years don't entirely know the true dispositions of their partners. I am also not constrained by a static unconscious negative personality, you are just defining it as that through your own perceptions of what your ideal person should or shouldn't be, then you label me within that criteria that you have created. I have had some great experiences with Filipinas/Filipinos more neutral ones and a few bad ones, but they aren't the majority. Basically you aren't living my life, you only see a percentage of me though postings and the few times you have personally met me in one environmental setting so you can claim all you want that you think you know who I am, but you don't.

I know you will retort and basically shoot down everything I just stated in flames so that you can validate yourself in your previous statements, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE after this. I just wanted to point out that your perceptions of me are YOUR perceptions, which through YOUR lifetime experiences and cultural/social conditioning will be biased based on your present viewpoint of reality. I do not share your viewpoint of reality and you do not share mine, thus we have incompatible reactions to various events and circumstances in our lives. You will do particular actions based on your present conditioning and I will do mine.

in the end, who gives a shit? I have no influence over anything in your life and you have none in my life so basically this is all a blown out of proportion nothing that has no real consequence regarding anything related to our present lives other than mental masturbation over something that happened years ago that should have been brought up at the time if it was such a devastating social no-no.

And by the way I normally wouldn't write and reply about this cause it's really stupid to begin with but it's so stupid and retarded that I felt compelled to do so even against my better judgement. Okay, now you can retort and state how wrong and how big a piece of shit person I am for writing all this trying to explain the reasoning behind why you perceived my behavior the way you did. :lol:

The End
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest