Mguy and Falcon hit the Manila malls (pics galore!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mguy and Falcon hit the Manila malls (pics galore!)

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:So in a nutshell: Mguy and I, both young Asian-American guys, found middle-class Filipinas at malls and other public areas easy to approach, chat up, flirt with, take pictures of, and get numbers. Special thanks to Mguy for showing me how easy it is to initiate flirting with random women in Manila malls.

Mguy and I walked around some malls in the Metro Manila cities of Pasay City, Makati City, and Alabang today. The malls are frequented mostly by middle-class Filipinos rather than the lower-class provincial folks. Although some posters here have reported that women in Manila malls completely ignore them, we experienced quite the opposite. Mguy explained that it's because middle-class Filipinas tend to be suspicious of people who look like they could be white/foreign mongers, but not young Asian guys. For middle-class Filipinas, being with a white guy (except maybe for the Rock types or the engineer/well-to-do types) actually carries a stigma. (Contrast our experience with In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

We both cold approached some women, and it turned out to be very natural, fun, and pleasant. We'd approach some girls straight with bold questions such as, "Hey, can we take your picture?" And they'd often say "yes" right away. We'd both flirt with the girls in Tagalog. (Mguy's Tagalog is native, while I have intermediate Tagalog speaking skills.) Look at all the friendly smiles we got!

These two girls were from China. Their reaction was completely different, and were more wary of interacting with strangers. However, they opened up once I explained to them in Mandarin that Filipinos tend to more open and laid-back, and that this is nothing to be worried about. However, they're still not as spicy, flirty, and seductive as Filipinas, and Mguy thought they were way too stand-offish and paranoid, haha. Here they are.

My camera had broken down the other day, so I went with Mguy to buy a new one. Mguy and I flirted with the camera saleslady, and took pics and videos of her. She was very smiley and happy all the time, and enjoyed the attention she got from us "babaeros". Look at how friendly and warm she is! This would not happen in Taiwan.

We also saw a girl sitting at a table by herself, so we approached her and sat next to her. She turned out to be a university student studying for an exam. She was about my age. She was even quite excited to hold up a sign for us that said "HA" (HappierAbroad)! She's middle-class, classy, and attractive too like Julia, the NTU girl that Rock had chatted up at a Taipei bookstore, but I found her far more approachable, easy to talk to, and "my type" kind of person.

Mguy even took me to Alabang, an exclusive area where upper-class Filipinos live. When we hailed a taxi from Makati to go to Alabang, the taxi driver knew right away that we had money. He kept trying to hike up the price, but we managed to settle it at 600 pesos. We also took the toll road (SkyWay), which cost us another 140 pesos.

At the end of the night, I decided to make it back to my hostel in Central Manila via jeepney and bus, even though Mguy had recommended me to take the taxi. On the jeepney, I met a cute, friendly girl from Laguna named Diane, who was also my age. She spent maybe over 15 minutes just trying to find the right bus for me, since the jeepney had dropped us off at a chaotic transfer area. She was incredibly friendly and talkative. And the end, I thanked her and blew her a kiss on the hand. She didn't pull away or react negatively, and only smiled back at me. I forgot to get a picture of her though, since I was rushing to get on the bus!
1. Thanks to both of you for doing some field work, writing it up, and illustrating it. Such reports really make the forum a lot more interesting and practically useful, to me anyway.

2. I've been to all those areas including Alabang where I even stayed a couple nights. I've got to admit, I didn't get any attention I was aware of from people in the malls. I pretty much felt the same as if I were in a mall anywhere else in the world. The difference is, the percentage of girls who catch my eye is much lower in Manila than say Bangkok or Taipei. I guess it's a different world for 2 good looking Tagalog speakers like yourselves.

3. You and Winston like to focus on how approachable faces appear. Don't you find people in certain more exclusive districts (Alabang, Global City, Rockwell, Ortigas) lack the look you guys so appreciate and might see in MOA, Robinsons, or even parts of Glorietta?

4. I've done very little cold approaching in Phils. almost none. Maybe it's because online work has served me so well. I've been able to meet plenty of middle class girls in Phils who I find attractive by using certain dating sites. I've met some decent poorer ones too. Perhaps there is no other country in the world with such a high percentage of girls available to foreigners online. But I would love to see mguy in action sometime and learn from him. Time to hit the Pimsleur Tagalog course Monkro sent to me lol.

5. Interesting you got charged 600 Pesos plus Skyway Toll for a taxi from Makati to Alabang. My taxi used the meter from Bel Air (very close to Glorietta/Ayala MRT) and it was more like 400, lol. Aren't locals supposed to be immune to overcharging attempts, lol?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote: You ought to challenge and dare Rock to go to the malls in Taipei and take pictures like that. lol. He won't do it of course and will have an excuse, but it just proves our point. Actions speak louder than words, and so do pictures!
Ha ha, I already took you out and about in Taichung and we talked and interacted with well over 20 local people, mostly female.

If I took pictures in malls of Taipei, they would not have that same carefree and easy to approach look you and Falcon are so drawn to. But they would be better looking to my eyes if I was the one selecting the photo models.

When are you gonna figure out that what I claim about Taipei and what you claim about Taipei are not mutually exclusive? Are you thick or what?
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. Razz
:lol: His comment hit way too close to home for a lot of guys. Mongers are essentially what a lot of them are, and they know it, and they HATE when other people point it out. When you see those couples with an old foreign guy and a young girl it's obvious what their relationship is based upon and everyone knows it but most people are too polite to say it to their face. You should hear the way Filipinos talk about them and look at them.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Repatriate wrote:I agree that it's better not to throw around insults in public but before people pile on Mguy let me just say he's still a pretty good guy and legit. I've been talking to him via PM for awhile now and he speaks his mind as he sees it. Plus he has way more credibility when it comes to women over a couple not long term posters on here who claim to be SEA gurus.
I don't doubt that he is credible, but he is also extremely racist against whites. He has made that clear in many of his posts. Apparently, others are finally starting to see this. While he is a good resource for Asians of this forum, I don't think that he would respond well to whites, especially if he knows that they are serious about meeting Filipinas.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Maverick wrote:
Repatriate wrote:I agree that it's better not to throw around insults in public but before people pile on Mguy let me just say he's still a pretty good guy and legit. I've been talking to him via PM for awhile now and he speaks his mind as he sees it. Plus he has way more credibility when it comes to women over a couple not long term posters on here who claim to be SEA gurus.
I don't doubt that he is credible, but he is also extremely racist against whites. He has made that clear in many of his posts. Apparently, others are finally starting to see this. While he is a good resource for Asians of this forum, I don't think that he would respond well to whites, especially if he knows that they are serious about meeting Filipinas.
Don't mid him too much Maverick. He's still resentful of the treatment he's faced as an Asian American male and, to be honest, I've felt very similar feelings in the past. No hard feelings sir. You don't know how hard it is to be an overseas Asian in an Anglo world, Maverick.

Anyway...I bet once he arrived in Asia, the feeling of resentment disappeared because it's like a completely different situation in this part of the world... You're no longer hamstring by your race over here (especially as an Asian)...and it's pretty liberating as a result. Asian women actually like Asian men over here, and your no longer put down or face stupid stereotypes as a result of being Asian.

You have to be Asian to understand...
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

zboy1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Don't mid him too much Maverick. He's still resentful of the treatment he's faced as an Asian American male and, to be honest, I've felt very similar feelings in the past. No hard feelings sir. You don't know how hard it is to be an overseas Asian in an Anglo world, Maverick.

Anyway...I bet once he arrived in Asia, the feeling of resentment disappeared because it's like a completely different situation in this part of the world... You're no longer hamstring by your race over here (especially as an Asian)...and it's pretty liberating as a result. Asian women actually like Asian men over here, and your no longer put down or face stupid stereotypes as a result of being Asian.

Fair enough. The past few weeks, I started going out again and I did notice what you guys were saying about Asian women here. I guess I just didn't notice it before.

Still though, he basically tried to blow up a guy's spot just because he was white with an Asian girl. That sounds like something one of the racist white douche bags that I went to high school with would do to an Asian guy here. So, basically, Mguy is showing that, with the roles reversed, he acts just like the racist people in the Anglo countries.

Based on your posts, you don't do that. So that's how you guys are different.

I remember another post where he was telling all of the white people on this forum to go on Roosh's forum since there's a lot of white people there and this should be for Asians and blacks only. Sorry, but that's f***ed up (especially since those guys are all about the notch count.....which is not the goal of many of us here) and extremely racist.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Maverick wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Fair enough. The past few weeks, I started going out again and I did notice what you guys were saying about Asian women here. I guess I just didn't notice it before.

Still though, he basically tried to blow up a guy's spot just because he was white with an Asian girl. That sounds like something one of the racist white douche bags that I went to high school with would do to an Asian guy here. So, basically, Mguy is showing that, with the roles reversed, he acts just like the racist people in the Anglo countries.

I remember another post where he was telling all of the white people on this forum to go on Roosh's forum since there's a lot of white people there and this should be for Asians and blacks only. Sorry, but that's f***ed up (especially since those guys are all about the notch count.....which is not the goal of many of us here) and extremely racist.
Can you paste a link to that post/thread here?
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:

This is the specific post that I was talking about:

viewtopic.php?p=141283&highlight=#141283

And this is another one that I found in passing. Basically, it says to keep white guys out of your group except for the weak ones that you can control:

viewtopic.php?p=141681&highlight=#141681

I'm sure he has plenty more.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Maverick wrote: I don't doubt that he is credible, but he is also extremely racist against whites. He has made that clear in many of his posts. Apparently, others are finally starting to see this. While he is a good resource for Asians of this forum, I don't think that he would respond well to whites, especially if he knows that they are serious about meeting Filipinas.

And this is another one that I found in passing. Basically, it says to keep white guys out of your group except for the weak ones that you can control:

Hmm, that would be pretty presumptuous for some Asian newbie guy to fly into this forum less than a year ago and suggest all the 'whities' including old timers transfer over to Rooshe. What does he think he owns the place or something lol?

But I doubt mguy is as bad as all that. He has PMd me before and expressed willingness to meet-up. So I doubt he hates all white guys. But I sense sometimes that he wants to separate out minority group HAers from the white guys here. Personally, I don't believe that has a place on this forum. I see it as the opposite - a fairly diverse group of guys (except that most are from Anglo backgrounds) who unified by the HA theme. Anyone who wants to split us up into fragments is doing us no favors. We are a small group as it is.

I do hope mguy will jump-in to address points made about him in this thread to give his side. But maybe we scared him away already lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Seeker wrote:
At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. Razz
:lol: His comment hit way too close to home for a lot of guys. Mongers are essentially what a lot of them are, and they know it, and they HATE when other people point it out. When you see those couples with an old foreign guy and a young girl it's obvious what their relationship is based upon and everyone knows it but most people are too polite to say it to their face. You should hear the way Filipinos talk about them and look at them.
I think a lot of Filipinos feel shame about this. They are aware of leech like behavior many of their compatriots demonstrate towards foreigners and feel bad both for how it makes them look as Filipinos and for the girls who they feel are forced by desperation to date very unattractive foreign men with money. It's kind of cliche - old ugly foreigner + 'exotic' looking much younger provincial girl. So yes, they talk shit about it to themselves. Of course they have a right to think whatever they wanna think. But I would never expect them to mock or name call.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote:
zboy1 wrote: Don't mid him too much Maverick. He's still resentful of the treatment he's faced as an Asian American male and, to be honest, I've felt very similar feelings in the past. No hard feelings sir. You don't know how hard it is to be an overseas Asian in an Anglo world, Maverick.

Hmm, that would be pretty presumptuous for some Asian newbie guy to fly into this forum less than a year ago and suggest all the 'whities' including old timers transfer over to Rooshe. What does he think he owns the place or something lol?

But I doubt mguy is as bad as all that. He has PMd me before and expressed willingness to meet-up. So I doubt he hates all white guys. But I sense sometimes that he wants to separate out minority group HAers from the white guys here. Personally, I don't believe that has a place on this forum. I see it as the opposite - a fairly diverse group of guys (except that most are from Anglo backgrounds) who unified by the HA theme. Anyone who wants to split us up into fragments is doing us no favors. We are a small group as it is.

I do hope mguy will jump-in to address points made about him in this thread to give his side. But maybe we scared him away already lol.
I was under the impression that you are Asian. Is that incorrect?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
Maverick wrote: Fair enough. The past few weeks, I started going out again and I did notice what you guys were saying about Asian women here. I guess I just didn't notice it before.

I was under the impression that you are Asian. Is that incorrect?
I try to keep my details private but I have made it clear in certain posts that I'm completely white from the Midwest USA originally.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

ladislav wrote:
Another point- by Philippine law, insulting a person in public is not a civil offense, it's a criminal offense and you can go to jail for that. Be mindful of that before you demean people in public.
Thanks, I wish I knew that sooner. I guess that explains why no one ever gets mad in Philippines.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:

This can go for anybody whom returns to their genealogical country of origin. :-)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Hey guys! hehe.

Falcon is definitely a cool guy. I would get along with him states side as well; actually I get along with most Asian Americans so that's always an in.

The girl at the mall that I made to hold the HA sign is now my date for the weekend (shes going to show me around). The girls are definitely open to be approached, especially with two Asian-American dudes.

I'm very direct as you can see. I asked these girls straight for pictures and would not take no for an answer. I am Filipino-American so I do have an inkling of how the culture operates which gives me an advantage. Think of me as an American inside a Filipino shell.

My approach is always in English then I recalibrate as need be. For example, the rich girls that we talked to were all in English.

Falcon also did his approaches so I'm happy to get him started.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?