AiB & Falcon....

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Falcon,

I cannot get enough of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-TmQ_NdOZc#!

AMARA is a hot Dominican mamasota!!!! dayum! The song is a ripoff from a Brasilian Melancia Mulher song.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@Falcon,

AMARA is a hot Dominican mamasota!!!! dayum! The song is a ripoff from a Brasilian Melancia Mulher song.
Yo quiero! First time Rock and I walked around Bangkok, he noticed I had this thing for the BIG Arab and African mamasotas walking around Sukhumvit. :P
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Falcon wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@Falcon,

Yo quiero! First time Rock and I walked around Bangkok, he noticed I had this thing for the BIG Arab and African mamasotas walking around Sukhumvit. :P
Sukhumvit still has action? I guess it was the time of year it was dying down. Soi Cowboy on the other side of BKK have women but most of them are skinny-as-heck. Very rarely I had found a tall one or even a thick short one with nice pear shape.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

1. Falcon, sorry if I sound like I wanna rain on your parade or come-off like a Taiwanese dad or even mom to you. Yes Winston has a type of charisma which shows up both in his writings and when you meet him in person. And Dianne is really into him I believe. You too have your charisma – the fast connections you achieve with certain types of rural peoples and also in your writings. If I didn’t see something in you, I would not have tried to nudge you towards what I consider the higher quality end of the female spectrum.

Yes you’re stories are interesting and entertaining, maybe even inspiring for some. And photos are always most appreciated. Thank you for great contributions!

2. Some reasons I think those types of gals are much easier:
a. Genes: Pairing up with a first worlder improves prospects for next generation – beauty, height, intelligence, travel, education, and general success on average

b. Economics: Higher income and net worth or at least prospects for a better life on average

c. Escape: For those who are not happy with their current environment, first world represents a potential ticket to a new world.

d. Legitimacy: For those who wish to migrate and eventually integrate into middle class urban society (a frequent goal among peasant girls in many parts of Asia), pairing with a first worlder male makes that seem a lot more possible.

e. Personal observations and experience:

- I go out with Will N. Dowd in Davao and most of the apparent attention he seems to get is from blue collar indentured service types while students or other more attractive types don’t even look or seem to notice him.

- Certain foreign teachers in Taiwan who’ve become too old and unattractive for local females gravitate to areas where the maids, caregivers, and factory workers from Indo and Phils. hang-out on day-off and get a lot female attention, dates, and even intimacy from them.

- On dating sites and during my travels, these are the types which very frequently seem to easily fall into my lap. But most of the ones I am attracted to, if I’m lucky enough to get a chance at all, require serious effort, time, and patience.

3. Winston’s comments have critical flaws

a. I never claimed anything close to 99%. For someone who prides himself in accuracy, I gotta wonder whether he’s starting to ‘lose it’ or perhaps he’s just lying?

b. Actions speak louder than words? Good point. I spent more continuous time in Taiwan than any other country on the planet save USA. What does that say Mr. Wu? Why put a negative spin on something which is clearly a supporting point.

c. Why am I in Phils. now? Cus Taiwan is a younger man’s country as I’ve said so many times before before and I’m no longer that. Neither is Shawn. Moreover, Taipei now is likely not what it used to be so even if I was younger, I might not enjoy the same amount of success as I did the first time around. I would probably still do quite well but not like before when there was more of a wow factor to being a decent looking professional white expat (or even English teacher loser lol).

Or maybe I would do even better. There are more outlets for hooking up now and Taipei may have more casual sex types. How do you explain recent stories such as Turkish guy or that white guy down in Tainan who scored so many local gals? So perhaps if my goal was just to serial date or have lots of casual sex with random gals, it might even be better in some ways. Don’t forget my French tenant. These are real life examples.

On the other hand, Phils. seems to be improving rapidly. I see more and more of what I like here in terms of girls. I’ve found lots of classier venues and enclaves. And I’ve discovered many of the middle class girls and less desperate types still seem to have qualities which separate them from their sisters in most other parts of the world - less picky, demanding, and easier to be around and date. I don’t mean Mguy’s conyo types. But just taller, healthy, attractive, often lighter skinned, well educated urban gals (including some from Cebu, CDO, Pampanga, and even Davao) from backgrounds with good incomes and no extra financial burdens to guys they date. It makes a lot of sense for people like myself and Shawn to be here. There are some interesting business opportunities here too I believe which I am looking into. I don’t mean high risk stuff but rather things I've done before in other countries and still do.

Finally, I don’t think you should spend all your life in just one country. Ideally, switch every 3-5 years - just as you're getting comfortable, know the local language(s) well, and have gained a real sense of the culture - unless you’re just so happy you feel like you’re already in heaven. Variety is the spice of life and same applies to being HA.

4. Winston only knows Taiwan and it’s people from the perspective of his narrow extended family bubble and perhaps the Taiwanese American community he encountered from time-to-time growing up in Fremont. He’s focused entirely on the way people behave in public at the surface level and takes what everyone tells him at face value. Unlike me, he never figured out effective ways to hack Taiwan’s cultural obstacles to dating and achieving intimacy with local girls the way certain (a long cry from 99%) younger foreigners and even locals have been able too. Likewise, Falcon, who does not vibe with the majority type young educated Taipei chick might have to compromise his self identity ala PUA style to get anywhere whereas a cat like Sinbadsailor would probably find the waters much smoother given his open attitude and adaptability.

You guys need to remember, ultimate scorability of local girls for a given guy in a given country is not perfectly correlated with approachability. If a guy feels comfortable and vibes well in a certain place, that can make a major material contribution to his performance.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Rock is a relatively more sophisticated guy who feels most comfortable with other more sophisticated women. But Winston and I don't, being the oddball Taiwanese freethinkers who just refuse to be conditioned by society, even though our middle-class suburban backgrounds are presumably just like Rock's. It's also refreshing to hear from an expat who goes for the "high-caliber women", and doesn't go "dumpster diving" as many of the white expats do in Thailand.

Rock wrote:Winston only knows Taiwan and it’s people from the perspective of his narrow extended family bubble and perhaps the Taiwanese American community he encountered from time-to-time growing up in Fremont. He’s focused entirely on the way people behave in public at the surface level and takes what everyone tells him at face value. Unlike me, he never figured out effective ways to hack Taiwan’s cultural obstacles to dating and achieving intimacy with local girls the way certain (a long cry from 99%) younger foreigners and even locals have been able too. Likewise, Falcon, who does not vibe with the majority type young educated Taipei chick might have to compromise his self identity ala PUA style to get anywhere whereas a cat like Sinbadsailor would probably find the waters much smoother given his open attitude and adaptability.

You guys need to remember, ultimate scorability of local girls for a given guy in a given country is not perfectly correlated with approachability. If a guy feels comfortable and vibes well in a certain place, that can make a major material contribution to his performance.
Winston, Monkro, and I have very similar socio-economic backgrounds, went to similar schools, and had similar rejections. We were practically neighbors in the Bay Area. That is why we all sound so similar when writing about the US and Asian cultures.

But the 3 of us all respond quite differently when we actually do go abroad. Nevertheless, all of us got away from that American bubble and have had very positive experiences, and made others very happy too along the way. If all of us had the same tastes and types of experiences, HA would be very boring. Rock and Monkro still date with those with similar socio-economic backgrounds ("their types"), but Winston and I go way out there with Russian, Filipina, Mexican, Indonesian women....

Variety is the spice of life.

Rock wrote:I see more and more of what I like here in terms of girls.

But just taller, healthy, attractive, often lighter skinned, well educated urban gals (including some from Cebu, CDO, Pampanga, and even Davao) from backgrounds with good incomes and no extra financial burdens to guys they date. It makes a lot of sense for people like myself and Shawn to be here.
Basically Taiwanese Women Version 2.0, just English-speaking and a little more tolerant of different ages and backgrounds. Which, of course, you know I didn't like, but my parents would have liked.

Rock wrote:Certain foreign teachers in Taiwan who’ve become too old and unattractive for local females gravitate to areas where the maids, caregivers, and factory workers from Indo and Phils. hang-out on day-off and get a lot female attention, dates, and even intimacy from them.
I've been doing a lot of research on Indonesian female migrant workers in Taiwan, and have found out that Thai male migrant workers are by far the ones who hit on them the most.

Here's a very interesting doctoral thesis called "Culture in the Borderlands" which talks about migrant female workers' experiences in Taiwan.
http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/voll ... n_line.pdf

I've also confirmed that it's also rare for Taiwanese guys to hook up with and marry Indonesian women who aren't ethnic Chinese. In Singapore, when it did happen, that went up on the news (see my other thread: viewtopic.php?t=20395 ).

And this case of a Javanese woman married to a Taiwanese man for over a decade also went up in the news.
http://english.cw.com.tw/article.do?act ... w&id=13907

"Ting's first job was looking after an old man who was bedridden in hospital. The man's grandson often came to visit and the two gradually fell in love and eventually became husband and wife."

Also, most Taiwanese who married Indonesian citizens did so with ethnic Hakkas from West Kalimantan from the town of Singkawang and vicinity.
http://edepot.wur.nl/146209

Rock wrote:Some reasons I think those types of gals are much easier:
I think most importantly, it's my willingness to talk their talk and walk their walk. My cousin fits all the points you're talking about, but it's very, very difficult to imagine him even holding an extended conversation with my Indonesian lady. Can you seriously imagine him:

- Reading Indonesian magazines with her
- Speaking to her in Indonesian
- Asking her to making Indonesian food
- Asking her to tell her story
- Teaching her Mandarin and learning Indonesian with her
- Reading the Qur'an in Arabic with her
- Listening to Indonesian dangdut music
- Getting to know all her Indonesian migrant friends
- Having that warm, playful SE Asian-style flirting which characterizes me and Winston

This is what I mean by being a "charismatic anthropologist." The average Taiwanese schmuck is too stiff and narrow-minded to even think of doing such things. I did all of the above with my lady, and that's why found me irresistable.

Heck, none of my relatives even call her by her Indonesian name, and use some cheesy Taiwanese nickname instead.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I would happily read the Qu'ran with some Indonesian girl provided that she hits all the right physical AND personality attraction switches with me first and doesn't look like a garbage collector or tribal headpiece wearing bracelet peddler on Sukhumvit.

I don't believe this makes me superficial either. A component of attraction is physical as well. I am always looking for the complete package. I think the point a few us are making here is that other than personality the physical appeal of the average woman that Falcon is romancing is definitely below and in some cases considered far below what is considered attractive by most men.

Falcon's tastes are an anomaly sort of like the hardcore guys who are chubby chasers or MILF hunters. I would classify Falcon as an indigenous persons chaser. He definitely seems to prefer that woman who tends to have the physical appearance of the indigenous people in whatever country he's in.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Do Falcon's pictures represent a valid sample of Indonesian females, or is it skewed towards females that conform to his seemingly eccentric taste?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Cornfed wrote:Do Falcon's pictures represent a valid sample of Indonesian females, or is it skewed towards females that conform to his seemingly eccentric taste?
Definitely skewed towards his tastes.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Cornfed wrote:Do Falcon's pictures represent a valid sample of Indonesian females, or is it skewed towards females that conform to his seemingly eccentric taste?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Rock is a relatively more sophisticated guy who feels most comfortable with other more sophisticated women. But Winston and I don't, being the oddball Taiwanese freethinkers who just refuse to be conditioned by society, even though our middle-class suburban backgrounds are presumably just like Rock's. It's also refreshing to hear from an expat who goes for the "high-caliber women", and doesn't go "dumpster diving" as many of the white expats do in Thailand.
Honestly, I find it humorous that you speak of white expats dumpster diving when most of the women in your photographs are pretty unattractive. While I can come off as brash, my tastes are sophisticated and my upbringing would be considered upper middle-class. The women I dated, whether in the US or in Asia, and my wife, would definitely not be considered women obtained while dumpster diving. Falcon considers white expats dumpster diving, what does he think about his own women? To me, your women are bottom of the barrel but again, they're your women and as long as you like them, that's all that matters.

I know next to nothing about Taiwan as I have only been there on once occasion. I have been to Indonesia several times and most of the women I've been with or who I know are Christians.

While I think Rock is correct about switching countries every 3-5 years, if plan on getting married and having a family, this becomes more difficult. If I had it to do all over again in a different country, I would probably choose Japan.

Rock is also correct about anyone being able to pick up the women Falcon seems to choose. What's the point of moving abroad for the specific purpose of landing a woman or women if you're going out with women who anyone else could go out with? Sure, Falcon is popular...but with what sort of women? The same goes for Xiongmao...Of course, these are just my opinions.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Honestly, I find it humorous that you speak of white expats dumpster diving when most of the women in your photographs are pretty unattractive. While I can come off as brash, my tastes are sophisticated and my upbringing would be considered upper middle-class. The women I dated, whether in the US or in Asia, and my wife, would definitely not be considered women obtained while dumpster diving. Falcon considers white expats dumpster diving, what does he think about his own women? To me, your women are bottom of the barrel but again, they're your women and as long as you like them, that's all that matters.

I know next to nothing about Taiwan as I have only been there on once occasion. I have been to Indonesia several times and most of the women I've been with or who I know are Christians.

While I think Rock is correct about switching countries every 3-5 years, if plan on getting married and having a family, this becomes more difficult. If I had it to do all over again in a different country, I would probably choose Japan.

Rock is also correct about anyone being able to pick up the women Falcon seems to choose. What's the point of moving abroad for the specific purpose of landing a woman or women if you're going out with women who anyone else could go out with? Sure, Falcon is popular...but with what sort of women? The same goes for Xiongmao...Of course, these are just my opinions.
Well, when I was in Thailand, I saw most White expats (and other foreigners like Asians and Blacks) with bar girls, sluts and low-class hookers. Of course, not all the White expats were like that. And, of course, I've seen White men with very beautiful Thai females (that weren't bar girls or prostitutes).

I don't think Falcon was talking about you (or your wife) when he was talking about the White tourists in Thailand, anamericaninbangkok. I think he was talking about foreigners traveling to Pattaya, Phuket and other places like that. After all, what are most foreigners doing in Thailand in the first place, :lol:

And what's with the criticism of Falcon and his choice of females? I hate that. We should be encouraging each other on HappierAbroad, not tearing each other apart like what some people did to WillNDowd. So what if some people have certain fetishes or tastes in women--don't we all?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

zboy1 wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:

Well, when I was in Thailand, I saw most White expats (and other foreigners like Asians and Blacks) with bar girls, sluts and low-class hookers. Of course, not all the White expats were like that. And, of course, I've seen White men with very beautiful Thai females (that weren't bar girls or hoes).

I don't think Falcon was talking about you (or your wife) when he was talking about the White tourists in Thailand, anamericaninbangkok. I think he was talking about foreigners traveling to Pattaya, Phuket and other places like that. After all, what are most foreigners doing in Thailand in the first place, :lol:
I don't think he was talking about me, however, if you only saw white expats with bar girls, sluts, and low-class hookers maybe they weren't expats and maybe you weren't in areas where the expats actually live. If you come to my area (Bangkapi) I rarely see a white expat with a ho. Go to the business districts on Sathorn and you're not going to see white expats hanging out with hos.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Just wondering, how old is Falcon?Is he white?
Is he ugly or have some serious flows in his appearance?

I dont mean to offend him but my guess is he is bellow average looking man (2-3/10) and possibly older than 50 and that could explain his taste, saw many older guys in SEA with these type of women

If my guess is correct then these type women are about the best he can get in Indonesia WITHOUT paying
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I don't think he was talking about me, however, if you only saw white expats with bar girls, sluts, and low-class hookers maybe they weren't expats and maybe you weren't in areas where the expats actually live. If you come to my area (Bangkapi) I rarely see a white expat with a ho. Go to the business districts on Sathorn and you're not going to see white expats hanging out with hos.
Yeah, I meant mostly naive white tourists. Didn't mean white expats like you, you're the man. 8)

By "dumpster diving" I meant bad personalities and poor compatibility, and also what Rock would consider to be lower-class. I'm not talking about looks.

And Banano, that's the p**n star look. Of course they're attractive eye candy, but they don't necessarily make good wives or girlfriends. Plus, I've mentioned many times that I'm a Taiwanese American around 20 years old, decent-looking and I'd say not average or below average.

You really do have to admit that pickier guys often get their concept of who's "more beautiful" from the mainstream media. And in Thai media, that would exclude women with darker skin. That's what those in power want you to believe. Winston has noticed that I don't like watching movies and TV shows. I go with my gut instincts unconditioned by popular media, and this feels more natural to me.

No, that's what a typical Indonesian female migrant worker in Taiwan looks like, and is really a representative sample of that crowd. I did not cherry-pick anything on purpose, and those were really the Indonesian women I'd meet randomly at the park or other public venue in Taipei. Same with Mexican female migrant workers in the US, they're usually going to have that homely look and not look like Banano's bikini p**n stars. Now, they aren't going to be representative of white Mexican women in Guadalajara, which more of you guys might consider to be "hot."

I'm simply laying out what's on the menu, and if some frustrated lonely guys here don't like that, then that's their choice. :P

AiB, I guess you picked up your Christian Indonesian women in Jakarta? Are they a mixture of Catholics and Protestants?