Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


-----

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

-----

Postby Ghost » November 14th, 2013, 4:51 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby magnum » November 14th, 2013, 5:15 am

Wow, having been to china and now semi-interested in the Philippines this report was good to hear, the cultural shift for sure was something I was curious about.


So the women aren't that great compared to Chinese women hu? that's really disappointing, as when I was in Shenyang...I saw very few stunning ladies, most I found rather ugly to be honest and I like Chinese women.

That's too bad because if I take a trip my self one day I might not find any of these ladies attractive it's honestly why I've avoided that part of Asia in the first place.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Postby zboy1 » November 14th, 2013, 6:10 am

Ghost, brah...you've convinced me to visit the Philippines next year! LOL. I might end up teaching English in the Philippines in the future, too!

Thanks a lot for your trip report, bro.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Postby tre » November 14th, 2013, 7:37 am

Besides Mexico (a drive across the border), the Philippines was the first place I've gone to outside of the USA. I spent nearly a month there and it is still the most amazing trip I've ever taken. I crammed that trip full...never had an empty day. Some Filipino food is very good, but it's pretty bad for you...lol. Lumpia is a favorite for sure. I went to Jollibee a couple of times when I was there...just for the experience:). I found this place in Puerto Princessa called Chicken Inato that we ate at regularly...it was great. Did you stay mostly in Manila? Manila isn't bad, but you start to see much more poverty if you head into Quezon City.

Great trip report...can't wait to visit again.
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: USA

Postby Ghost » November 14th, 2013, 1:32 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby jamesbond » November 14th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Thanks for telling us your trip report Ghost! I am currently working three jobs and saving as much money as I can so I can start traveling soon. I have been to Canada and Mexico a long time ago but want to go overseas and experience different cultures and friendly women as soon as I can! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 8061
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby magnum » November 14th, 2013, 10:30 pm

@Ghost

That's what scares me, my ex was from a very poor city in a not so rich Provence, i could reach farm land in under 20 mins....and look how she ended up.

One could say in her 1 year of being in Shenyang at the university she had been corrupted by the culture in her college.

I would try to date a Chinese girl again... but I fear anyone who has parents from china, as I want the person to make choices not obey commands.


Seems Philippines and Thai girls tend to have support by the parents to date foreigners or ignore them if they told them not to do it
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Re: Trip Report: Philippines

Postby Array9 » November 15th, 2013, 1:59 am

Ghost wrote:Well, I've finally done it. I've taken my first trip to the Philippines! A dream I've had for years...


Congratulations Ghost. Did you lose any weight? I only ask because each trip I made to the Philippines, I lost an average of 10-15 pounds. This is after eating tons of rice, KFC, McDonald's and Jollibees.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 252
Joined: January 14th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Postby Taco » November 15th, 2013, 2:42 am

In China about 1 out of 10 women is hot. In the Philippines about 1 out of 20 women is hot but they much nice personalities.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4513
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Postby Halwick » November 15th, 2013, 2:58 am

magnum wrote:@Ghost

That's what scares me, my ex was from a very poor city in a not so rich Provence, i could reach farm land in under 20 mins....and look how she ended up.

One could say in her 1 year of being in Shenyang at the university she had been corrupted by the culture in her college.

I would try to date a Chinese girl again... but I fear anyone who has parents from china, as I want the person to make choices not obey commands.


Seems Philippines and Thai girls tend to have support by the parents to date foreigners or ignore them if they told them not to do it


You know why their (Philippines/Thai) parents support their daughters to date and marry foreigners, do you? So they can have a rich son-in-law to support them and extended relatives. The Thai parents will try to get the foreigner to give them a big Sin Sot payment. But if you don't mind being viewed as a "walking-talking ATM machine".... (Of course not all do but the majority will. )
Halwick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 329
Joined: September 11th, 2013, 5:39 am
Location: U.S.

Postby Taco » November 15th, 2013, 3:01 am

Halwick wrote:
magnum wrote:@Ghost

That's what scares me, my ex was from a very poor city in a not so rich Provence, i could reach farm land in under 20 mins....and look how she ended up.

One could say in her 1 year of being in Shenyang at the university she had been corrupted by the culture in her college.

I would try to date a Chinese girl again... but I fear anyone who has parents from china, as I want the person to make choices not obey commands.


Seems Philippines and Thai girls tend to have support by the parents to date foreigners or ignore them if they told them not to do it


You know why their (Philippines/Thai) parents support their daughters to date and marry foreigners, do you? So they can have a rich son-in-law to support them and extended relatives. The Thai parents will try to get the foreigner to give them a big Sin Sot payment. But if you don't mind being viewed as a "walking-talking ATM machine".... (Of course not all do but the majority will. )


If a foreigner gets a Filipina pregnant before marriage her father will be happy as hell. In China the father will send a mob out to lynch you.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4513
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Trip Report: Philippines

Postby Ghost » November 15th, 2013, 6:12 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby The_Adventurer » November 15th, 2013, 7:10 am

Great report. Sometimes I wish I was back there. I hate the cold...
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm

Re: Trip Report: Philippines

Postby Taco » November 16th, 2013, 4:17 am

Ghost wrote:
Array9 wrote:Congratulations Ghost. Did you lose any weight? I only ask because each trip I made to the Philippines, I lost an average of 10-15 pounds. This is after eating tons of rice, KFC, McDonald's and Jollibees.


Maybe a slight amount, like one pound. But I was only there for a week. We did a lot of walking. I ate a lot of fast food too, and definitely did not gain any weight.

In China about 1 out of 10 women is hot. In the Philippines about 1 out of 20 women is hot but they much nice personalities.


That's it, Taco? :) I would say is about 4/5 hot women and the Philippines is about 2/5. But a lot of people tell me I'm not picky (I consider that a good thing.) I'm also in Northern China where girls are said to be more attractive. Filipinas definitely win on personalities though...


I guess it just depends on your testosterone levels. When you have women half your age throwing themselves at you their attractiveness goes up.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4513
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Postby xiongmao » November 16th, 2013, 9:53 am

Wow, nice report. I nearly went to the Phillies in June (had a job offer) but opted for Bangkok instead.

I'd like to ride a Jeepney. They have a smaller version of them in Pattaya, and yes, I banged my head on the roof a couple of times!

I've met a couple of Filipinas here, they were very nice and smarter than the average Thai I've met.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London

Next

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests