-----

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Wow, having been to china and now semi-interested in the Philippines this report was good to hear, the cultural shift for sure was something I was curious about.

So the women aren't that great compared to Chinese women hu? that's really disappointing, as when I was in Shenyang...I saw very few stunning ladies, most I found rather ugly to be honest and I like Chinese women.

That's too bad because if I take a trip my self one day I might not find any of these ladies attractive it's honestly why I've avoided that part of Asia in the first place.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost, brah...you've convinced me to visit the Philippines next year! LOL. I might end up teaching English in the Philippines in the future, too!

Thanks a lot for your trip report, bro.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Besides Mexico (a drive across the border), the Philippines was the first place I've gone to outside of the USA. I spent nearly a month there and it is still the most amazing trip I've ever taken. I crammed that trip full...never had an empty day. Some Filipino food is very good, but it's pretty bad for you...lol. Lumpia is a favorite for sure. I went to Jollibee a couple of times when I was there...just for the experience:). I found this place in Puerto Princessa called Chicken Inato that we ate at regularly...it was great. Did you stay mostly in Manila? Manila isn't bad, but you start to see much more poverty if you head into Quezon City.

Great trip report...can't wait to visit again.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Thanks for telling us your trip report Ghost! I am currently working three jobs and saving as much money as I can so I can start traveling soon. I have been to Canada and Mexico a long time ago but want to go overseas and experience different cultures and friendly women as soon as I can! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

@Ghost

That's what scares me, my ex was from a very poor city in a not so rich Provence, i could reach farm land in under 20 mins....and look how she ended up.

One could say in her 1 year of being in Shenyang at the university she had been corrupted by the culture in her college.

I would try to date a Chinese girl again... but I fear anyone who has parents from china, as I want the person to make choices not obey commands.

Seems Philippines and Thai girls tend to have support by the parents to date foreigners or ignore them if they told them not to do it
Array9
Freshman Poster

Re: Trip Report: Philippines

Post by Array9 »

Ghost wrote:Well, I've finally done it. I've taken my first trip to the Philippines! A dream I've had for years...
Congratulations Ghost. Did you lose any weight? I only ask because each trip I made to the Philippines, I lost an average of 10-15 pounds. This is after eating tons of rice, KFC, McDonald's and Jollibees.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

In China about 1 out of 10 women is hot. In the Philippines about 1 out of 20 women is hot but they much nice personalities.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

magnum wrote:@Ghost

That's what scares me, my ex was from a very poor city in a not so rich Provence, i could reach farm land in under 20 mins....and look how she ended up.

One could say in her 1 year of being in Shenyang at the university she had been corrupted by the culture in her college.

I would try to date a Chinese girl again... but I fear anyone who has parents from china, as I want the person to make choices not obey commands.

Seems Philippines and Thai girls tend to have support by the parents to date foreigners or ignore them if they told them not to do it
You know why their (Philippines/Thai) parents support their daughters to date and marry foreigners, do you? So they can have a rich son-in-law to support them and extended relatives. The Thai parents will try to get the foreigner to give them a big Sin Sot payment. But if you don't mind being viewed as a "walking-talking ATM machine".... (Of course not all do but the majority will. )
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Halwick wrote:
magnum wrote:@Ghost

You know why their (Philippines/Thai) parents support their daughters to date and marry foreigners, do you? So they can have a rich son-in-law to support them and extended relatives. The Thai parents will try to get the foreigner to give them a big Sin Sot payment. But if you don't mind being viewed as a "walking-talking ATM machine".... (Of course not all do but the majority will. )
If a foreigner gets a Filipina pregnant before marriage her father will be happy as hell. In China the father will send a mob out to lynch you.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 14th, 2020, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Great report. Sometimes I wish I was back there. I hate the cold...
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Trip Report: Philippines

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote:
Array9 wrote:Congratulations Ghost. Did you lose any weight? I only ask because each trip I made to the Philippines, I lost an average of 10-15 pounds. This is after eating tons of rice, KFC, McDonald's and Jollibees.
Maybe a slight amount, like one pound. But I was only there for a week. We did a lot of walking. I ate a lot of fast food too, and definitely did not gain any weight.
In China about 1 out of 10 women is hot. In the Philippines about 1 out of 20 women is hot but they much nice personalities.
That's it, Taco? :) I would say is about 4/5 hot women and the Philippines is about 2/5. But a lot of people tell me I'm not picky (I consider that a good thing.) I'm also in Northern China where girls are said to be more attractive. Filipinas definitely win on personalities though...
I guess it just depends on your testosterone levels. When you have women half your age throwing themselves at you their attractiveness goes up.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, nice report. I nearly went to the Phillies in June (had a job offer) but opted for Bangkok instead.

I'd like to ride a Jeepney. They have a smaller version of them in Pattaya, and yes, I banged my head on the roof a couple of times!

I've met a couple of Filipinas here, they were very nice and smarter than the average Thai I've met.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Return to “Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories”