Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos!!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Post by pete98146 »

Oh that is sad if they broke up. She was cute! Actually reminded me a bit of my wife.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

pete98146 wrote:Oh that is sad if they broke up. She was cute! Actually reminded me a bit of my wife.
Pics or it didn't happen :D
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
pete98146 wrote:Oh that is sad if they broke up. She was cute! Actually reminded me a bit of my wife.
Pics or it didn't happen :D
I'll see what I can dig up....
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Did we get confirmation that they actually broke up? Last I remember (and my memory is failing me) he had begun the K-1 process and was intending to bring her to the US and then decide. But I haven't seen anything since.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by WorldTraveler »

hammanta wrote:@Steve 55

I don't post here very often, mostly just browse, but one thing caught my eye. You mentioned in one of the posts that middle/upper class girls are extremely hard to get and those that say they aren't, simply are mistaken the class of the girls. Well I definitely say middle class girls are quite obtainable and even upper class girls in the right situation but let me break down the classes to see if you agree. I have known filipinas from all classes (well my opinion of those classes). Feel free to disagree.

Upper
- Top tier, 1% born into rich families or top executives
- Almost impossible to obtain unless you have connections
- prefer attractive young professionals with long extended time periods in the Country
- money is no issue, multiple cars, Foreign schools, daddy's money, best clothes, private gated housing, shopping sprees, extravagant vacations
-very very rare on dating sites, but I did meet one : )

Upper-middle
- Usually quite intelligent, hard workers, well educated, established high-end professionals in their firm, top Universities
- Private flats, Own a nice car, multiple maids, money usually not an issue, multiple trips a year
- Possible but rare on dating sites. Must get to know them through friends but still possible to meet at bars/ events
- Prefer Young (25-35) attractive guys with extended periods in country

Middle
- Nurses, engineers, accountants, Degree holders
- Small flat or live with friends, can provide for themselves but are more frugal and budget minded, take public transportation, a few small weekend trips a year
- 10-30% on dating sites, obtainable through friends or public areas, cold approach a little difficult but not impossible
- Prefer established guys (25-45) that are staying in the country but open to overseas relationships, helps to know friends

Low Class
- Mall workers, hotel staff, restaurant employees
- Live with family or friends, high school or vocational school, frugal and very budget minded, trips are rare, public transportation used, eat cheap restos
- Easily obtainable in any venue, prefer (18-55) but age usually doesn't matter, 40-60% on dating sites

Bottom Class
- Vender workers, rural province areas, maids, comes from very poor families, will need help
- Easily obtainable, 15-30% on dating sites

Now I've dated a girl in both upper, upper-middle, and middle. It is possible but to be honest upper-middle, and middle tend to have the best girls. Upper class girls are usually dual and materialistic, not much different from American girls. Upper class girls are nearly impossible but in all honesty, where aren't they in the world?

But lets look at your age group you've been pursing. 19-27 year olds. In what area of the world are 19-27 year olds highly established and well off and would fall into the upper to upper middle range? Unless they are top of their class, with boundless experience, they haven't progressed in their field enough to make a outstanding salary. The other side would be that they were born into wealth. So the age group that you tend to date are going to seem like lower class but in reality they are middle class and right where they should be. Now if you were looking at filipinas with, say, a chemical engineering degree in the age range of 32-40, you would find some upper to upper-middle girls. Intelligent girls with life experience, and an established career. But that same girl at 22-26 isn't going to be in that class yet and probably will be at least somewhat financially conscience. Remember the Philippines is a poor country and junior professionals starting out don't get paid shit.

Now I have several friends who fall into the middle class, (engineers, accountants, nurses) that are very open to dating foreigners and some are either married or looking for them. Some have tried dating sites but to be honest they tell me some legit horror stories (guys asking for sexual favors, wanting a mail order bride, being extremely weird, etc.), and most have given up. A 27 year old in the philippines isn't desirable by the local population. Some of these girls may have children, lost trust in guys, or have just stopped looking. Finding these girls should be the key. A man 46 years old in my opinion should not be looking for an 18- 23 year old. The mental connection (as youve seen) is simply not there. You can find some real jewels in the upper 20's early 30's range. Don't pass on women with children either. They are much more likely to be loyal and loving. I'm 24, attractive looking and I don't even go for the young girls. I prefer girls my own age or a year or two older. They tend to be more settled and less immature. I have pics of every girl in the classes above I've been with or that is a friend or that is married to a friend. I'm not gonna post them here but if you'd like me to pm you them, that would be some proof for you.
I agree with your post 100% about the classes of women in the Philippines. I agree with you that a little older girl is more stable. You can get a VERY pretty girl who has a child because Pinoys don't want them.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Post by hammanta »

WorldTraveler wrote:
hammanta wrote:@Steve 55

I don't post here very often, mostly just browse, but one thing caught my eye. You mentioned in one of the posts that middle/upper class girls are extremely hard to get and those that say they aren't, simply are mistaken the class of the girls. Well I definitely say middle class girls are quite obtainable and even upper class girls in the right situation but let me break down the classes to see if you agree. I have known filipinas from all classes (well my opinion of those classes). Feel free to disagree.

Upper
- Top tier, 1% born into rich families or top executives
- Almost impossible to obtain unless you have connections
- prefer attractive young professionals with long extended time periods in the Country
- money is no issue, multiple cars, Foreign schools, daddy's money, best clothes, private gated housing, shopping sprees, extravagant vacations
-very very rare on dating sites, but I did meet one : )

Upper-middle
- Usually quite intelligent, hard workers, well educated, established high-end professionals in their firm, top Universities
- Private flats, Own a nice car, multiple maids, money usually not an issue, multiple trips a year
- Possible but rare on dating sites. Must get to know them through friends but still possible to meet at bars/ events
- Prefer Young (25-35) attractive guys with extended periods in country

Middle
- Nurses, engineers, accountants, Degree holders
- Small flat or live with friends, can provide for themselves but are more frugal and budget minded, take public transportation, a few small weekend trips a year
- 10-30% on dating sites, obtainable through friends or public areas, cold approach a little difficult but not impossible
- Prefer established guys (25-45) that are staying in the country but open to overseas relationships, helps to know friends

Low Class
- Mall workers, hotel staff, restaurant employees
- Live with family or friends, high school or vocational school, frugal and very budget minded, trips are rare, public transportation used, eat cheap restos
- Easily obtainable in any venue, prefer (18-55) but age usually doesn't matter, 40-60% on dating sites

Bottom Class
- Vender workers, rural province areas, maids, comes from very poor families, will need help
- Easily obtainable, 15-30% on dating sites

Now I've dated a girl in both upper, upper-middle, and middle. It is possible but to be honest upper-middle, and middle tend to have the best girls. Upper class girls are usually dual and materialistic, not much different from American girls. Upper class girls are nearly impossible but in all honesty, where aren't they in the world?

But lets look at your age group you've been pursing. 19-27 year olds. In what area of the world are 19-27 year olds highly established and well off and would fall into the upper to upper middle range? Unless they are top of their class, with boundless experience, they haven't progressed in their field enough to make a outstanding salary. The other side would be that they were born into wealth. So the age group that you tend to date are going to seem like lower class but in reality they are middle class and right where they should be. Now if you were looking at filipinas with, say, a chemical engineering degree in the age range of 32-40, you would find some upper to upper-middle girls. Intelligent girls with life experience, and an established career. But that same girl at 22-26 isn't going to be in that class yet and probably will be at least somewhat financially conscience. Remember the Philippines is a poor country and junior professionals starting out don't get paid shit.

Now I have several friends who fall into the middle class, (engineers, accountants, nurses) that are very open to dating foreigners and some are either married or looking for them. Some have tried dating sites but to be honest they tell me some legit horror stories (guys asking for sexual favors, wanting a mail order bride, being extremely weird, etc.), and most have given up. A 27 year old in the philippines isn't desirable by the local population. Some of these girls may have children, lost trust in guys, or have just stopped looking. Finding these girls should be the key. A man 46 years old in my opinion should not be looking for an 18- 23 year old. The mental connection (as youve seen) is simply not there. You can find some real jewels in the upper 20's early 30's range. Don't pass on women with children either. They are much more likely to be loyal and loving. I'm 24, attractive looking and I don't even go for the young girls. I prefer girls my own age or a year or two older. They tend to be more settled and less immature. I have pics of every girl in the classes above I've been with or that is a friend or that is married to a friend. I'm not gonna post them here but if you'd like me to pm you them, that would be some proof for you.
I agree with your post 100% about the classes of women in the Philippines. I agree with you that a little older girl is more stable. You can get a VERY pretty girl who has a child because Pinoys don't want them.
Absolutely! I fully understand why some guys don't want the seed or the burden of another guys child but that's not to mean that the girl wouldn't be a great wife or partner. It's just the matter of whether you'd mind taking on that responsibility. On the contrary I'm sure she understands that her value has been lowered and would be much more loyal and loving to her man. As far as slightly older girls (26+) I think there are some legitimately good catches guys pass up because they think they are too old or something is wrong with them. Especially in Manila there are some career girls that are reaching their 30's that want a good solid stable guy but find it hard to find them.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

I dont understand why some guys bash single mothers but then want children anyways. Also often these milfs have real life world experience of being through the child phase and are quite mature and very good at sex and passion. They really try hard to please you. Not all but some.

Wouldn't you want a single mother in some way so that way you could have the children past the "diaper stage"?

The only problem is usually single mother women have issues in regards to the fact that they are the slutty type to have kids without marriage and they are dumb enough to be with a loser type that would run off. Ive never met a single mother in phil that had her life together they have some issues to hook up with a guy that would run off.

The bars are full of single mothers though and so are the dating sites. Many hot 25 year olds will hook up with a 60 plus foreigner. I think when i get to that age I may consider it. Probably not for marriage but maybe a relationship.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I dont understand why some guys bash single mothers but then want children anyways. Also often these milfs have real life world experience of being through the child phase and are quite mature and very good at sex and passion. They really try hard to please you. Not all but some.

Wouldn't you want a single mother in some way so that way you could have the children past the "diaper stage"?

The only problem is usually single mother women have issues in regards to the fact that they are the slutty type to have kids without marriage and they are dumb enough to be with a loser type that would run off. Ive never met a single mother in phil that had her life together they have some issues to hook up with a guy that would run off.

The bars are full of single mothers though and so are the dating sites. Many hot 25 year olds will hook up with a 60 plus foreigner. I think when i get to that age I may consider it. Probably not for marriage but maybe a relationship.
I'm a hopeless romantic in a way, if you haven't already noticed, but I kind of find it almost preferable. You have a chance to be almost a Godsend to a family, to a child that has grown up in a broken home. Usually the mother would be more grateful and loving, the child would most likely look up to you as a good father figure; as mentioned, you skip the diaper stage and the mother would already be use to carrying the burden of raising the child.

There is some bit of me that is nervous about having a child with half of my DNA. My child could be perfectly normal but there is always that off shot that the child could have some physical aliment, disease, or is simply be an outcast or undesirable. Of course I would love them the same but I would kind of place the blame on myself. We all want our blood to succeed. But by raising someone else's, child I wouldn't necessarily carry that burden but still get some of the perks of being a father. Unorthodox thinking I realize.

Singer mother's being slutty types doesn't paint the whole picture. Filipinas are hopeless romantics as well and just cause she has a kid doesn't necessarily mean she is a slut. Who knows, the guy could have dated the girl for a while, proposed, or promised things and she fell for it, then he cheated. Condoms aren't popular in Philippines and a naive 17 year old doesn't have the life experience to really understand the implications. I mean I can't sit here and be upset with a single mother when I have the mindset that one needs to drive the car a little before buying it. Not many guys are willing to wait 6+months until you marry a girl to have sex with her, yet they diss single mothers because they happened to have sex with a guy and got pregnant.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I dont understand why some guys bash single mothers but then want children anyways. Also often these milfs have real life world experience of being through the child phase and are quite mature and very good at sex and passion. They really try hard to please you. Not all but some.

I'm a hopeless romantic in a way, if you haven't already noticed, but I kind of find it almost preferable. You have a chance to be almost a Godsend to a family, to a child that has grown up in a broken home. Usually the mother would be more grateful and loving, the child would most likely look up to you as a good father figure; as mentioned, you skip the diaper stage and the mother would already be use to carrying the burden of raising the child.

There is some bit of me that is nervous about having a child with half of my DNA. My child could be perfectly normal but there is always that off shot that the child could have some physical aliment, disease, or is simply be an outcast or undesirable. Of course I would love them the same but I would kind of place the blame on myself. We all want our blood to succeed. But by raising someone else's, child I wouldn't necessarily carry that burden but still get some of the perks of being a father. Unorthodox thinking I realize.

Singer mother's being slutty types doesn't paint the whole picture. Filipinas are hopeless romantics as well and just cause she has a kid doesn't necessarily mean she is a slut. Who knows, the guy could have dated the girl for a while, proposed, or promised things and she fell for it, then he cheated. Condoms aren't popular in Philippines and a naive 17 year old doesn't have the life experience to really understand the implications. I mean I can't sit here and be upset with a single mother when I have the mindset that one needs to drive the car a little before buying it. Not many guys are willing to wait 6+months until you marry a girl to have sex with her, yet they diss single mothers because they happened to have sex with a guy and got pregnant.

Funny Ive had the same thoughts about if i were to have my own child maybe something goes wrong and also i dont want to deal with child birth and all the issues of a baby. Also maybe id freak out from the responsibility of child birth and knowing half my dna is in said baby "a clone of me" that I put in this world. Some guys do prefer a ready made family it seems easier to go into in some ways. And there will be no push to have new children. I think id have to be old though to want such an arrangement though I dont think you should even entertain that thought till your much older. I dont think a young guy should get involved with such an arrangement there is too many women to choose from at a younger age for you to need to do that. There will always be plenty of single mothers around no need to get hitched to one at a young age. :D Personally I dont want kids regardless but if i wanted kids i think the single mother option when Im older wouldn't be such a bad deal.

Ive also noticed the same hypocrisy where guys want to test drive the girl or dont care she is a virgin yet dont want a girl whos had a kid. Personally Im not interested in raising kids now or maybe ever for a variety of reasons so im not exactly wishng for a single mother just like im not wishing for kids of my own. But when one is older and your ability to find one without kids chances reduce it may be the only way to attract a woman you find decently attractive and nice cause her options will be limited.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

hammanta wrote:

For a guy that is not sure if he wants his own kids, It’s a total win-win to have a single mother . My X-girlfriend was a single mother and unfortunately had married her loser man. So we would have had to have gotten an annulment if we ever got married. Her daughter was two when I met her and she had nieces and nephews about the same age. The kids in the village loved me and would follow me around like the pied piper. Yes, it is a great opportunity to make a big difference in a child’s life. The most important thing is don’t get involved with a bad woman. I’d say don’t even meet the kid until you know the woman is of good character and you want to be serious with her. You don’t want to be in the relationship because you want to save the kids.

My friend took on the biggest piece of trash of a girl I’ve ever met who had 3 kids. She still didn’t appreciate him and just used him like an ATM. He fell for the idea he was helping her kids and she sucked him dry. Don’t get sucked in. Only girls with good character!

My girlfriend was not mature enough, and was influenced by wild friends. Many poor Filipinas are very bad mothers based on Western standards. My girlfriend was smart and didn't mind going to college herself, but did little to teach her child any English when I was away. In fact I wanted her daughter with us more than she did. My X now has a good job in business working in Dubai and hasn’t seen her daughter in 2 years. Kids are raised by grandparents in the Philippines.

When you meet these single mothers, look at their Facebook pages and see if they have a lot of pictures of their kids there. If few or none, they are probably not a good mother. I know a Thai girl who is lower middle class who has a son and you’d never know she has a child. She has thousands of photos of herself but none of her child on her FB. I know another Pinay who is a single mother who has almost all the pictures on her FB with her daughter. She works and has a ladyboy nanny taking care of her daughter.
Last edited by WorldTraveler on November 18th, 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

The most important thing is don’t get involved with a bad woman. I’d say don’t even meet the kid until you know the woman is of good character and you want to be serious with her.
Good advice. I think the bigger view is just not try and force anything. I think where some guys fall short is that they have been so lonely that when they find a girl (with kids or not) that gives them attention, they want to marry her right away. In some ways if one is pursuing an online relationship it is hard to date a bunch of women, but you don't wanna end up in a horrible situation. In the Philippines there are a lot of women to be had but just like anywhere, they come in all shapes, sizes, and motives.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Hi guys. Everything is still on track. Nothing has changed. She'll be here soon and we'll go from there. If it doesn't work out for any reason this time, it'll be the end of me looking abroad for a wife. I was just discussing this with my best friend (the one I posted about who is 5'6" and killed it in Brazil). He and I are both single never married and no kids and he is also hopeful to find the right woman for marriage. In our recent discussion about this subject , we both agreed that if nothing happens for us soon, we will just give up the marriage idea and make the best of a non married life and travel the world 6 months of the year for the rest of our single lives. And my stepmom who is amazingly "life" smart recently said to me "Steve, have you ever considered that maybe marriage just isnt for you?". Yea, for sure if it doesn't work out this time, I plan to start traveling abroad a hell of a lot more often and just enjoy a single life alternating between the US and abroad. My top destinations (if I end up in that situation) would be Brazil, Philippines, and a visit to one of the Eastern European countries like maybe the Ukraine or Russia. Ya know, as much as Thailand is so highly popular for single men's travel, I just ain't feeling Thailand. In my eyes, only 20% of the women there are attractive whereas I find about 60% of Filipinas attractive. I've been to the Philippines 8 times and whether I marry or not, I'll be making many moe trips there over the rest of my life. I bet I top 20 trips there before I'm done. :) Really, Filipinas are so humble, kind , and sweet. I just don't find other women quite as much like that in other countries. To me, there's nothing quite like a filipina. Such pure and golden hearts.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

steve55 wrote:Hi guys. Everything is still on track. Nothing has changed. She'll be here soon and we'll go from there. If it doesn't work out for any reason this time, it'll be the end of me looking abroad for a wife. I was just discussing this with my best friend (the one I posted about who is 5'6" and killed it in Brazil). He and I are both single never married and no kids and he is also hopeful to find the right woman for marriage. In our recent discussion about this subject , we both agreed that if nothing happens for us soon, we will just give up the marriage idea and make the best of a non married life and travel the world 6 months of the year for the rest of our single lives. And my stepmom who is amazingly "life" smart recently said to me "Steve, have you ever considered that maybe marriage just isnt for you?". Yea, for sure if it doesn't work out this time, I plan to start traveling abroad a hell of a lot more often and just enjoy a single life alternating between the US and abroad. My top destinations (if I end up in that situation) would be Brazil, Philippines, and a visit to one of the Eastern European countries like maybe the Ukraine or Russia. Ya know, as much as Thailand is so highly popular for single men's travel, I just ain't feeling Thailand. In my eyes, only 20% of the women there are attractive whereas I find about 60% of Filipinas attractive. I've been to the Philippines 8 times and whether I marry or not, I'll be making many moe trips there over the rest of my life. I bet I top 20 trips there before I'm done. :) Really, Filipinas are so humble, kind , and sweet. I just don't find other women quite as much like that in other countries. To me, there's nothing quite like a filipina. Such pure and golden hearts.
I have a feeling you will marry. I doubt you will send her back on the plane out of guilt. which is why i thought what your doing is a bad idea cause your putting yourself in a forced situation where you almost have no chocie but to marry. her you can say you are free to make the choice but i say the pressure is on and y our guilt will make you marry her even if you dont want to.

have you been to thailand? All the videos ive seen thai women on average are way hotter. Just look at walking street videos so many hot bar girls white skinned adn cute whereas in phil most of them look like jungle bunnies. vietnam has better looking women than both from what ive seen on video but the country isn't exactly friendly for tourist or residents or even to their own people.