Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos!!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby hammanta » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:36 pm

@Steve 55

I don't post here very often, mostly just browse, but one thing caught my eye. You mentioned in one of the posts that middle/upper class girls are extremely hard to get and those that say they aren't, simply are mistaken the class of the girls. Well I definitely say middle class girls are quite obtainable and even upper class girls in the right situation but let me break down the classes to see if you agree. I have known filipinas from all classes (well my opinion of those classes). Feel free to disagree.

Upper
- Top tier, 1% born into rich families or top executives
- Almost impossible to obtain unless you have connections
- prefer attractive young professionals with long extended time periods in the Country
- money is no issue, multiple cars, Foreign schools, daddy's money, best clothes, private gated housing, shopping sprees, extravagant vacations
-very very rare on dating sites, but I did meet one : )

Upper-middle
- Usually quite intelligent, hard workers, well educated, established high-end professionals in their firm, top Universities
- Private flats, Own a nice car, multiple maids, money usually not an issue, multiple trips a year
- Possible but rare on dating sites. Must get to know them through friends but still possible to meet at bars/ events
- Prefer Young (25-35) attractive guys with extended periods in country

Middle
- Nurses, engineers, accountants, Degree holders
- Small flat or live with friends, can provide for themselves but are more frugal and budget minded, take public transportation, a few small weekend trips a year
- 10-30% on dating sites, obtainable through friends or public areas, cold approach a little difficult but not impossible
- Prefer established guys (25-45) that are staying in the country but open to overseas relationships, helps to know friends

Low Class
- Mall workers, hotel staff, restaurant employees
- Live with family or friends, high school or vocational school, frugal and very budget minded, trips are rare, public transportation used, eat cheap restos
- Easily obtainable in any venue, prefer (18-55) but age usually doesn't matter, 40-60% on dating sites

Bottom Class
- Vender workers, rural province areas, maids, comes from very poor families, will need help
- Easily obtainable, 15-30% on dating sites

Now I've dated a girl in both upper, upper-middle, and middle. It is possible but to be honest upper-middle, and middle tend to have the best girls. Upper class girls are usually dual and materialistic, not much different from American girls. Upper class girls are nearly impossible but in all honesty, where aren't they in the world?

But lets look at your age group you've been pursing. 19-27 year olds. In what area of the world are 19-27 year olds highly established and well off and would fall into the upper to upper middle range? Unless they are top of their class, with boundless experience, they haven't progressed in their field enough to make a outstanding salary. The other side would be that they were born into wealth. So the age group that you tend to date are going to seem like lower class but in reality they are middle class and right where they should be. Now if you were looking at filipinas with, say, a chemical engineering degree in the age range of 32-40, you would find some upper to upper-middle girls. Intelligent girls with life experience, and an established career. But that same girl at 22-26 isn't going to be in that class yet and probably will be at least somewhat financially conscience. Remember the Philippines is a poor country and junior professionals starting out don't get paid shit.

Now I have several friends who fall into the middle class, (engineers, accountants, nurses) that are very open to dating foreigners and some are either married or looking for them. Some have tried dating sites but to be honest they tell me some legit horror stories (guys asking for sexual favors, wanting a mail order bride, being extremely weird, etc.), and most have given up. A 27 year old in the philippines isn't desirable by the local population. Some of these girls may have children, lost trust in guys, or have just stopped looking. Finding these girls should be the key. A man 46 years old in my opinion should not be looking for an 18- 23 year old. The mental connection (as youve seen) is simply not there. You can find some real jewels in the upper 20's early 30's range. Don't pass on women with children either. They are much more likely to be loyal and loving. I'm 24, attractive looking and I don't even go for the young girls. I prefer girls my own age or a year or two older. They tend to be more settled and less immature. I have pics of every girl in the classes above I've been with or that is a friend or that is married to a friend. I'm not gonna post them here but if you'd like me to pm you them, that would be some proof for you.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA







Postby pete98146 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:If your in a hotel room with a woman and your not having sex your not a man to be honest. So of course you screwed them Im sure :) or your the worlds biggest moron

I can't stock cock teases. If a woman puts me in a situation where sex is expected she beter get the hell out of the way.


Slow down cowboy. That attitude can get u into trouble. Even if u get her into your room, if she says no, u best heed. I've been in plenty of situations (in various Asian countries) where girl would sleep in same bed with me but sex was off limits. Sometimes it's everything but sex but at times it can even be no touching. There are strategies to loosen her up which often work with a hesitant girl. But if you force her and she reports you to police in Phils. or various other Asian countries, guess what can happen?

Truth be told, even if u don't lay a finger on her and she claims you forced her, u may end up with a big problem which can only be solved with jail/prison time or if you are luckier, a nice chunk of change. That's extremely unlikely if you choose your girls wisely (if you have some sense and intuition about it) but if she feels you forced her, she may do something and you would be the loser.


I'll echo Rock's thought process here. I dated my wife for quite a long time before we got married. Sex was absolutely out of the question until she was married. Never underestimate that number of "good Catholic girls" in this country....and they take it very very seriously!!!
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby WorldTraveler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 pm

steve55 wrote:So, no comment on the 1st set of photos (my current prospect)? I would have thought most guys would find her as cute as a button!


I feel for you with these girls that looks like they are teenagers. I met this Filipina that looked 16 in the USA working as a waitress. I asked her how long she'd been in the USA and when did her parents move to USA. She said she was married to an American and was 27 and not 16!
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Postby davewe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 pm

WorldTraveler wrote:
I feel for you with these girls that looks like they are teenagers. I met this Filipina that looked 16 in the USA working as a waitress. I asked her how long she'd been in the USA and when did her parents move to USA. She said she was married to an American and was 27 and not 16!


Size and age are psychologically linked. A 6'4" 14 year old boy is going to "appear" older. A shorter guy is going to "appear" younger. When I was 25 since I was kinda short I looked like a teenager - not good for my dating success. But at 40 no one thought I was over 30.

Same with weight. Even in middle school girls are starting to get chunky. A 5'1" Filipina, weighing 90-something pounds is gonna seem younger. My 5'2" wife is just shy of 26 and some people think she is a teen. That's not her problem, it's the problem of fat 26 year olds who are already topping 150 lbs.

OTOH we have several Pinay friends who are in their mid-40s and look 10-15 years younger. I tell my wife that's her future :)
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Enticer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:15 am

I'm talking to a Christian Fili girl now...who said no kissing before marriage...but then said she was joking. I def think sex is out of the picture too. Soooo...how it is AFTER marriage? I'm sure there's a lot of talk before hand...but do they continue to be sexual, affectionate and want to explore?
Enticer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:46 am
Location: PA, USA

Postby quito » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:37 am

oh you are near hooters? so you are staying up by the A-Venue mall then.. that's a nice place to find women. lots of little friendly bars there where foreigners are very welcome..
quito
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Update:

Steve is in Colombia now. He must be having a great time. We will await his trip report!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 am

Did steve get scammed by his makati girl?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re:

Postby publicduende » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Winston wrote:Update:

Steve is in Colombia now. He must be having a great time. We will await his trip report!


Yes, that's strange. Things didn't work out with her Filipina gf?
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Re:

Postby OutWest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:04 pm

publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:Update:

Steve is in Colombia now. He must be having a great time. We will await his trip report!


Yes, that's strange. Things didn't work out with her Filipina gf?



Quite a few malcontents have no real goal in mind, so closure is not an option. They are merely entertained
by the thrill of the chase and the inevitable explanations for the failure, a "failure" they needed in order to continue in the mode.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Re:

Postby hammanta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:02 pm

publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:Update:

Steve is in Colombia now. He must be having a great time. We will await his trip report!


Yes, that's strange. Things didn't work out with her Filipina gf?


I am curious as well. He doesn't seem to post here much anymore.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Postby Rock » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 pm

As I remember, Steve has been engaged quite a few times over the years. But the actual marriage in each case never seems to materialize. Not sure why. That's a mystery perhaps only Steve understands.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Rock wrote:As I remember, Steve has been engaged quite a few times over the years. But the actual marriage in each case never seems to materialize. Not sure why. That's a mystery perhaps only Steve understands.


I think the problem is like hammanta has always said the more and more you go to asia the more pickier and more you want to keep your options open.

I dont blame him actually. I think he is trying to force it on himself but really doesn't feel a connection with these girls he has met or feels they aren't quite up to his standards or maybe he feels there is som ulterior motive. F or example the makati girl. Yeah she is attractive but he ran off to columbia and said he wasn't impresse when he first met her. He later formed a bond online. Not exactly the type of girl youd want to marry. Generally you either are head over heels with a girl or not. At least in my case. I either like a girl or not and looks isn't even all of the reason either because ive had girls uglier than some and felt a great connection and friendship vs some girls who were more attractive or innocent and higher quality who I dont like for various reasons. Looks help though but they can only go so far.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Postby hammanta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:29 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Rock wrote:As I remember, Steve has been engaged quite a few times over the years. But the actual marriage in each case never seems to materialize. Not sure why. That's a mystery perhaps only Steve understands.


I think the problem is like hammanta has always said the more and more you go to asia the more pickier and more you want to keep your options open.

I dont blame him actually. I think he is trying to force it on himself but really doesn't feel a connection with these girls he has met or feels they aren't quite up to his standards or maybe he feels there is som ulterior motive. F or example the makati girl. Yeah she is attractive but he ran off to columbia and said he wasn't impresse when he first met her. He later formed a bond online. Not exactly the type of girl youd want to marry. Generally you either are head over heels with a girl or not. At least in my case. I either like a girl or not and looks isn't even all of the reason either because ive had girls uglier than some and felt a great connection and friendship vs some girls who were more attractive or innocent and higher quality who I dont like for various reasons. Looks help though but they can only go so far.


I'd rather not speculate because I don't know the guy, but that can be a symptom. Once you go abroad a lot of times you gain a feeling of freedom and of choice. The same cute girl you would kill for in America might be something that you are unsure of abroad, or take for granted. I guess the feeling of unknown creeps in or "hey, if I can get this, perhaps there is a hotter or better girl out there somewhere in the world." I was always under the assumption that with age this feeling passes but of course there are always exceptions.

Then again perhaps he is still engaged to the girl and just hasn't updated us. Who knows?
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:52 pm

hammanta wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Rock wrote:As I remember, Steve has been engaged quite a few times over the years. But the actual marriage in each case never seems to materialize. Not sure why. That's a mystery perhaps only Steve understands.


I think the problem is like hammanta has always said the more and more you go to asia the more pickier and more you want to keep your options open.

I dont blame him actually. I think he is trying to force it on himself but really doesn't feel a connection with these girls he has met or feels they aren't quite up to his standards or maybe he feels there is som ulterior motive. F or example the makati girl. Yeah she is attractive but he ran off to columbia and said he wasn't impresse when he first met her. He later formed a bond online. Not exactly the type of girl youd want to marry. Generally you either are head over heels with a girl or not. At least in my case. I either like a girl or not and looks isn't even all of the reason either because ive had girls uglier than some and felt a great connection and friendship vs some girls who were more attractive or innocent and higher quality who I dont like for various reasons. Looks help though but they can only go so far.


I'd rather not speculate because I don't know the guy, but that can be a symptom. Once you go abroad a lot of times you gain a feeling of freedom and of choice. The same cute girl you would kill for in America might be something that you are unsure of abroad, or take for granted. I guess the feeling of unknown creeps in or "hey, if I can get this, perhaps there is a hotter or better girl out there somewhere in the world." I was always under the assumption that with age this feeling passes but of course there are always exceptions.

Then again perhaps he is still engaged to the girl and just hasn't updated us. Who knows?



yeah maybe he is still with her.

I dont think it passes with age i think what happens is as a guy gets older and uglier he sees that it becomes harder and hard to get what he REALLY wants so after a certain point he gets sick of the effort and because of his age and lower sex drive he just "settles" for what he can get because its not high enough to justify the extra work to find it. Pete is one example who didn't want to settle for a 5 or 6 he said, he was gunning for much higher. I dont think that desire ever goes away.

But I think will n dowd syndrome can affect someone very easily in asia especially if they are needy or have issues before going abroad. Thats one reason why im better back in america despite being lonely i just can't control myself and i get out of control. at least back in america i can save money and focus on my work. I really think asia is for 3 types of people (guys who go there for a few weeks to blow off steam and sightsee, guys who are looking for a wife and are willing to take it very slow and not go for any girl, guys who are living there permanently and can take the approach of looking for a serious good partner) The danger becomes when you become a sexpat or pseudo expat who is there on a temporary basis for only part of the year or permanntly where you plop yourself into a hotel and try to justify why you want to live in a rotten 3rd world country like will n dowd and mrbluelight and me. :roll: :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest