Post Your 2014 Travel Plans Here

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post Your 2014 Travel Plans Here

Post by xiongmao »

So where are HA'ers going in 2014? Post your plans here and maybe some members can meet each other.

I want to bale out of Bangkok soon and go back to farangland for a couple of months. Not so much because of the political trouble or poor dating experience here, but because my mission in Thailand is complete for now. I will surely come back here though.

I also need to return home to get a new passport, as I have no room left for the whole page visa stamps they use these days.

I'm still finalising my 2014 travel plans, but I most want to check out Vietnam.

Where is everyone else hoping to go?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I may be returning to Japan or Korea in 2014. A lot will depend on what kind of visa my wife can get. I wonder if I can convince her to try Thailand? :)
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 13th, 2020, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

I hoping to take a 2-3 week excursion around Christmas/New Years to Ecuador/Colombia/Panama region (can't decide how to squeeze it in, but i need to make a decision by the end of the week). I may take another 2-3 week excursion to IST/BEY/MAD sometime in the summer. BEY may be a stretch, but I think I can have enough to do if I just did Turkey and Spain for 3 weeks.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

March to Dec., 2014: probably (in order of appearance) Kiev, Prague, Varna and Sunny Beach (Bulgaria), Sofia, Bucharest, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Skopje. And parts beyond in 2015.
andresvivar
Freshman Poster

Post by andresvivar »

May or Jun ... I'll go to Vietnam. :D
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Cambodia and Indonesia - to rather unknown islands and beaches. Indonesia also to photograph the Komodo Dragon. Myanmar.

Possibly Africa or Nepal. Also, possibly Vietnam.

Maybe back to the states to visit my family.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

US -> South Korea to begin my English teaching career

Don't know where I'll go from there, but it definitely won't be back to the U.S. I am the latest American man to have written off American women for good.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
- Voltaire
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

My family will visit Japan in 2014.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Philippines (presently here)
Back to Thailand (diving primarily)
Indonesia (maybe a month + diving)
Taiwan (maybe up to two months)
A slightly possibility of maybe parts of China too. Not sure though.

After that i'll be going to the U.S. for a little bit then hopefully i'll be starting my latin adventures starting with Mexico into S. America This will last about 6 months.

This should cover most of 2014.

This of course depends on whether or not I extend my stay at some place due to some unforeseen circumstances or other. :lol:
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Dec 2013 - Bangkok

Jan 2013 - Chiang Mai

Feb 2013 - Somewhere in Thailand

I don't have any plans after that, but it's possible I'll spend more time in Thailand, or maybe spend some time in China and East Asia. I also may have to go back to Australia for a while if my online business doesn't take off soon, or I may go there to see my family.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Probably spending my summer vacation in the Phillipines, Thailand, and Japan. Hoping for about a month of each. Might do two months of SEA and a month of eastern Europe though, I kind of miss Hungary and want to give Ukraine another shot.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Possibly back to China, possibly somewhere new (South America?)
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Dec. 14, 2013-- Moving to Lithuania now that my residence permit is approved
Kuli
Freshman Poster

Post by Kuli »

So far, the Phillipines...