Post Your 2014 Travel Plans Here

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Repatriate wrote:Philippines (presently here)
Back to Thailand (diving primarily)
Indonesia (maybe a month + diving)
Taiwan (maybe up to two months)
A slightly possibility of maybe parts of China too. Not sure though.

After that i'll be going to the U.S. for a little bit then hopefully i'll be starting my latin adventures starting with Mexico into S. America This will last about 6 months.

This should cover most of 2014.

This of course depends on whether or not I extend my stay at some place due to some unforeseen circumstances or other. :lol:
Where do you go diving?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Philippines (presently here)
Back to Thailand (diving primarily)
Indonesia (maybe a month + diving)
Taiwan (maybe up to two months)
A slightly possibility of maybe parts of China too. Not sure though.

After that i'll be going to the U.S. for a little bit then hopefully i'll be starting my latin adventures starting with Mexico into S. America This will last about 6 months.

This should cover most of 2014.

This of course depends on whether or not I extend my stay at some place due to some unforeseen circumstances or other. :lol:
Where do you go diving?
In Thailand it's usually the similan or surin islands. It's not as good now of course with the coral bleaching but richelieu rock and a few other spots are still fun. I'm more into the sea life and underwater landscape/visibility than pretty coral anyways.

I'm probably going to get a DM cert. this upcoming trip in Thailand. I'm still waffling back and forth on whether I want to invest the time.

In Indonesia I plan on doing a liveaboard probably with wicked. It's just too damn good to pass up diving there.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Hard to say honestly I'm torn.....Culturally I want to be in japan.

I'll be stuck in California Vally area "feminist hell" for the next year, you'd think with all the Chinese around it would be easier to find a date.

My plan is it work 2 full time jobs and pray by the time the year is over I'll have saved up enough to pay for college in one of Japans English colleges....big waist of time, but Thailand and Philippines are unknown to me, and china requires a degree to unless I'm illegal so... time to suffer a little for a big reward.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I'll nearly have a month off from teaching at school, so that will give me plenty of time to travel in the next month or so. I will most certainly visit Hong Kong and possibly Macau, since I'm so close to both places in Shenzhen. After June (when I am done with my contract), I might stopover the Philippines or S. Korea for a little R/R before heading back home. ...
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Post by Everdred »

In mid-March 2014, I'll be returning to mainland China for the first time in two years. Back in April 2012, I moved from Dalian, Liaoning, China to Bangkok, Thailand (where I'm still located to this day). On my upcoming trip, I'll hopefully be going to Shanghai, Beijing, Dalian, Shenyang, Harbin, Mudanjiang, Chengdu, and Chongqing. I should be in China almost 40 days total. It's gonna be a grand trip, and I can't wait to be back in China! I suppose I may write a trip report, but I'm not entirely sure since every in-depth thread I've ever created lived an extremely short life. If any of you Happier Abroad members in China out there want to meet up, just send me a PM, and we'll try to make arrangements. I've already made arrangements with a few of you. Around late April, I'll return to Bangkok and go back to work.

Later in October 2014, I'm planning to return to Malaysia again and hopefully see Kuala Lumpur this time around. I'll probably stop in a few other places as well. I'll then take a train down to Singapore and stay there for a week or so.

2014 is looking to be a good year, indeed. Hopefully more members can meet up in this upcoming year.
djeanp7898
Freshman Poster

Post by djeanp7898 »

Rio de Janeiro - I will be there next week for New Year's

Montreal, Winnepeg, Vancouver - I'm curious about these Canadian cities.

Jamaica

Dominican Republic
Rich
Freshman Poster

Post by Rich »

Philippines next month
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Xiongmao,
You can add passport pages at any US Embassy. You don't have to go home to do it. I'm sure the UK Embassies let you do it as well. It just takes a little longer.

Are you going to work and save up money in the UK again? Will you ever go to China again?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Dominican Republic in February, Philippines in June.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rocky Top wrote:I hoping to take a 2-3 week excursion around Christmas/New Years to Ecuador/Colombia/Panama region (can't decide how to squeeze it in, but i need to make a decision by the end of the week). I may take another 2-3 week excursion to IST/BEY/MAD sometime in the summer. BEY may be a stretch, but I think I can have enough to do if I just did Turkey and Spain for 3 weeks.
Please give a full report on Panama women. From my online conversations with them, I'm guessing that they're hot but stuck-up. I hope I'm wrong about the stuck-up part.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Winston - the UK doesn't add new pages to a passport, you have to buy a new one (which is expensive and a hassle). This time I'll get a larger sized one. It might still run out - just going to Thailand this year used 4 pages.

My plan in 2014 is to go to Vietnam first. After that China or Thailand. Maybe I need a Philippines side visit as well. I'd love to go back to Thailand as well, so I can revisit all my bar ladies :lol:.

2014 is already financed, so money isn't a problem. At some point I'll look for a job in Asia, but I need to decide where to live first. I've also ordered some books to help prep for the CELTA course.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

***JP*** wrote:Dec. 14, 2013-- Moving to Lithuania now that my residence permit is approved
JP it seemed that it took forever. Congrats. I hope you enjoy the country. It is good. Possibly better if your wife is living out of Vilnius.

I might be traveling to Mexico but I am hoping to possibly travel to maybe Germany again. This might be during Spring/Summer 2014.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Philippines :) , assuming I get enough hours.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Next year, I am quitting my job and either moving to Costa Rica or Colombia. I plan to teach English and maybe start a small business.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

MarkDY wrote:Next year, I am quitting my job and either moving to Costa Rica or Colombia. I plan to teach English and maybe start a small business.
What kind of wages do they pay to English teachers in Latin America? Ladislav told me that you have to kill yourself just to make a living down there.