Going Back to Farangland...

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Going Back to Farangland...

Post by xiongmao »

Well that's it. 10 months on the road and I'm all out of hummous. So I'm heading back to farangland for a couple of months.

I had a great 4 months in China, that place was too crazy for words. If you want to get married and raise incredibly brainy kids, well that's the place to find a wife.

Shanghai was full of "happiness couples". Kids are worshipped in China.

If I could sum up my 6 months in Bangkok then it would be this photo I acquired from a ladyboy I chatted to:

Well I can't fault Bangkok as a great place to hang out for a while. If anything it was a lot more fun in the sweltering Summer months. Now it's just guaranteed sun every single day. Where's the fun of thunderstorms appearing out of nowhere and depositing 15cm of rain in an hour?

I have some issues at home so I don't know when I'll hit the road again. Also I've successfully filled up an entire passport - hope you all achieve this as well! But Christmas will come and go and Jan/Feb are good for getting bargain flights. I've got my eye on the direct flight to Saigon from London. I've also noticed you can now fly direct to the Philippines from London :lol:. And 160 yen the UK pound now - that's also tempting.

Back to ladies, and Stickman Bangkok has a piece this week about problems with Thai ladies and he sings the praises of Filipinas. I've dated a few Filipinas here and I have to say they impressed me in terms of common sense and other things wife seeking guys need to be looking for.

I saw the ugly side of Thailand this week. It's mostly too crazy to post, but Falcon can confirm what happened. Burnt out ladies, tazers, moonshine, street boxing, plus my own run in with a deranged farang.

Well, whatever, I'm sure I'll be back in Bangkok at some point :shock:.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, forgot to add the crucial bit - am I Happier Abroad?

I say I'm exactly the same same happy as I was back at home.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

At least you will have stories to tell the grand kids ;) . And you had a good time, and that is all that mattered. As long as your happy with life, that is all that matters.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ditto that.

Thanks, XM, for your continually informative and enjoyable posts.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, I could scarcely have picked a more awkward time to go to immigration. It seemed like everybody in Thailand was going off to a political demonstration, the government has fallen and of course there was transport chaos.

The temporary immigration office is in Red HQ and they were in a glum mood. Well only a matter of time before the pendulum swings back in their favour.

Anyway, I got my re-entry visa. Unfortunately they've shafted me and only given me a month before I have to return. No matter, I can come back to Thailand but only on the standard 30 day visa. But all in all a waste of 1000 baht.

A trip to Vietnam looks a possibility for next year but I need to stock up on umbrellas first.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Now back in Farangland. It's cold here and also expensive (over $50 to get back to my home from the airport!).

Also the women here are gigantic (not fat, just bigger framed).

Enjoyed my 2hr 45min stop in India. The airport staff were efficient and very polite. Air India was pretty bad. On the first flight the water pump broke so only half the cabin got tea and the washrooms had no water. On the second flight my entertainment system had no sound, so I had to watch movies and select an appropriate album on my iPod.

From what I saw (which wasn't much) India looked a bit like China, i.e. chaotic and with a lot of air pollution. I guess it would be an interesting place to visit. But taking global air hostess standards into consideration, it's probably not a place to go and date the local women.

Also I watched some Bollywood music videos on the plane and the style of dancing was very similar to that I saw (and took part in!) in Thailand.

Still, at £160 cheaper than the next available option it was a bargain basement flight. And the landing at Heathrow was the softest I've ever experienced.

Anyway I have a bit of stuff to do here, then I'll likely head somewhere in the new year.