Still traveling. My report... sort of.

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Still traveling. My report... sort of.

Post by CheezeRaider »

It’s been a while since I posted so I guess I’m due, as I do lurk here.

I’ve made multiple trips to Thailand in the last 2 years and have spent total of 1 year in Russia in the last 2 years. and of course other countries to, but not worth reporting.

I can go, more or less, anywhere in Russia and I have no problem (FYI I am 100% Asian in looks. AA). I even went to several cities classified as criminal cities by the Russians and had no problems. But this is after I had been in Russia for about 5 months to learn how to understand and navigate in the country. Regardless, in all that time, I never met or faced any skin heads or had any racist problem…. Maybe in Moscow, I was with a friend from Holland and some Russian man in business suit cursed at me in Serbian as he walk by me. That’s what my friend translated to me anyways. I laughed at it. It was Moscow, and I do dislike Moscow, so the feeling is mutual I suppose. lol

On this post, I won’t write about Thailand as I mostly spend my time scuba diving and not chasing Pu$$y there. Besides, AmericanInBangkok is the matter expert in Thailand. You don’t need a novice like to me for Thailand, except to tell you that p4p is all over the place.
Also, I don’t monger so there will be no reports of mongering from me. My travel has so far been more for spiritual and intellectual discovery…and academic research.

Hmm so where to begin! Be advised that Russia is still changing. Some Russians want to get the fukc out, and some don’t. Younger generation has the higher number that wants to GTFO, I can’t say it’s more than half. I have traveled to over 15 cities in Russia making friends in every city I have been to and made multiple visits to all the cities except for Yekaterinburg(the entire city’s water system is populated from built up calcium in their pipe system and I can’t stand the smell).

It’s very easy to get dates with girls, and between my other Expat friends here, we come to the conclusion that half the girls here are bat shit crazy….OK… maybe not half, but a lot of them. Russia is not kind to Russian girl’s spiritual and mental health. Life here sucks ass and its hard living that drive them so…. At least that is what my friends and I concluded on. Also, don’t be fooled by your popularity with girls if they want to spend time with you. Lot of them just wants to practice English with you 50/50.

As I have spent a lot of time in Thailand and Russia this year. I 100% agree with AmericanInBangkok and Ladislav, where ever you go to, plan and stay for long term, learn some of the local language. You don’t need to be fluent, but need to know enough for some basic communication and learn their culture. Once you get this far, whole new world will open up for you. Because you will, at this point, be able to identify the good girls. You don’t know $hit while you have your tourist goggle on. Example, you’re on DOS while they are on MAC.

Get VK.com if plan to be in FSU for any length of time. It’s a must!

Remember, you’re only a tourist while you are here unless you have some long term commitment to stay in Russia. No good girl will take you seriously while you’re on tourist mode. They know your ass will bang and fly. You wanna monger, simply p4p. in my opinion, its faster and better for you and better for the locals. Don’t piss in the water other will drink from. Don’t be a selfish a$$hole.

Make some friends with the locals, and not just with the girls. They will tell you where all the fun and interesting places are at and invite you to social circles you wouldn’t normally get access too. Be an ambassador and you will get invitations. Or be an A$$ and be all alone.

Be aware of dinner dates. Many will go out with you for free dinner for an hour or 2+ and bounce. There are lots of girls like this in Russia. Learning a little bit of local language and cultures helps to ID them.

If you want to expat to Russia, your English is your best asset, but you need to invest time on ground to build up your network.

ON A SIDE-NOTE: I was talking to a Spanish business man from Spain, and he told me of something interesting. So I will share. It seems Spain is suffering from shortage of native English speaker to teach English. With the EU-Spain’s economy in the shitter, the local Spanish have woken up that they need English to find decent jobs. Generally speaking, Spanish culture weren’t interested in learning foreign language because they always looked internally. There are many university students with double degrees making 600 euros. I am told they flip burgers. So now, many realize they need English to be more competitive in the job market, as the best jobs require English in multinational economy. Go figure! He said all the English schools, even private are filled. Better hurry while this shortage lasts. His words, not mine!

Back to Russia: if you have good work ethic, you can actually make some decent money in Russia. You invest about 6 to 12 months and are proactive; you can actually make about$2000+ a month easily.

An advice to the guys who haven’t left yet. Grunt once wrote about this few years ago about letting go of the hate of western women. I bring this up, because it can affect you on how to deal with foreign women out here. The hate and distrust can/will carry over when your dating girls out here. You need to leave that shit behind. Those are mental and emotional baggages. I think that is one of the big reasons I see some expats fail. They just can’t let go of their anger and mistrust of women to move forward.

You simply must realize that out here, the western women are not a factor anymore. If anything, you should feel pity for them. They are just as victims as you are from the feminist brain washing. Worry about yourself. If your gonna expat for real, then you will have all the time in the world to find a good girl. Remember, as a man, time is on your side:) When you get out here, don’t be in a hurry, simply enjoy the hunt/search/dating to find the right one for you.

If anything, don’t be such a sex starved monger. If need be, go to Thailand and do some P4P to get it out of your system so you can think clearly (and for the love of God, do NOT fall in love with a prostitute). We are not women. Our best asset is our mind not our feelings. Stay focus brothers and strive for your freedom.

P.S. these are just random stuff that came to my mind as I wrote. So excuse the disorderly writing.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Hi, what a good report. I totally agree with you, except being able to earn $2000/month in Russia, as you'd have to do this illegally and be exceptionally lucky. There's BIG unemployment in Russia (officially it's 7%, but this is a lie) and you don't even speak the language, so how could you earn such good money in 2013?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

awesome
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good post, CheezeRaider! I haven't talked to you in a while...I'm in China (as you probably already know), so maybe one day I can meet you in-person.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Disagree about learning Thai - what use is it? 99% of girls you'll meet speak English or Thailish, so communicating is dead easy in Thailand. Thai knowledge is pretty much useless outside of Thailand. Japanese or Chinese will open more doors.

My problem with Thailand is that you can date outside of bar areas but... I'd never have found a better lady than I was meeting in China.

Today I found out a "perfect" farang couple I know have split - well what's the point of spending ages seeking a perfect lady, you might as well just marry a bar lady.

But the plus point of Thailand is it's simply the best place to live in Asia.

As far as staying in one place, yes stay 3 months in somewhere and you'll start to really understand the place. But I'd also encourage you guys to move around a bit. I'm glad I went to Thailand as it was way different to what I expected. In 2014 I want to check out Vietnam, plus carry on having a crazy time in Asia.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

polya wrote:Hi, what a good report. I totally agree with you, except being able to earn $2000/month in Russia, as you'd have to do this illegally and be exceptionally lucky. There's BIG unemployment in Russia (officially it's 7%, but this is a lie) and you don't even speak the language, so how could you earn such good money in 2013?
I think it's possible to make $2,000/month in Russia by running a tour group and/or a high-end bride agency.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Xiongmao, you don’t get it. That’s why AmericanInBangkok is hard on you. The fact that you have no interest in Thai language is what limits you in Thailand. It’s a barrier for you. Not for them, because they understand English. I’m gonna let you figure this one out on your own. I don’t know what you were doing in Thailand for 5 months, but what I’m getting from you is that your time wasn’t very productive.

Polya, Hmmm well you know, I’m here and your there. I’ve paid my due in Russia and learned my ways around this country. You can earn from $15-$30 an hours teaching English. If you get lucky, and get a rich student/parents, about $50 an hour. FYI, there are expats all over Russia who are married to local girls and making good money. Took them a while to learn and do what they do best for them. It’s hard work, but they got it working for them.

I’ve told you all before in my past posting, everything changes when you’re on ground. Whatever you may have thought/fantasized/planed will change once you are on ground. Everything is relative to where you are, what you are doing, and what you are looking for. What you are trained to think in. I am an entrepreneur, so for every problem I see, I see opportunity.

You all can believe the statistic, or make your own statistics. Again, as I have posted before, don’t be a Effing lemmings. Be a leader. Girls all over the world love a man who leads.

Also, stop being so Anti-America. it's like western women. Once you are over here, it's no longer a factor. get over it and move on with your life. Why would you want to waste even a micro second of your thought on a non factor that brings you down.

For sure Zboy1. You planning to extend another year in China?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

CheezeRaider wrote:
For sure Zboy1. You planning to extend another year in China?
Yeah...most likely. I have a girlfriend here in Shenzhen and also, I need at least two years of teaching English to be able to work in other parts of the world.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Zboy1, congrats on your girlfriend! You obviously know what you’re doing and need to do. Keep working your plan. I’m sure you will do well.

As for me, I think I will head back to Siberia in spring. For me, Siberia works. I haven’t been to Ukraine yet, but strangely, I think eastern Ukraine would work out well for me too.

Depending on where you are next year summer, maybe we can link up for coffee.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It's interesting to hear an asian-american in Russia living it up. However, don't you feel that you're down playing the danger involved in being an obvious ethnic minority in Russia?

You might not have encountered skinheads yet but all it takes is one incident to end up dead or in the hospital crippled.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Repatriate wrote:It's interesting to hear an asian-American in Russia living it up. However, don't you feel that you're down playing the danger involved in being an obvious ethnic minority in Russia?

You might not have encountered skinheads yet but all it takes is one incident to end up dead or in the hospital crippled.
You shouldn't believe the media propaganda about Russia. It's very safe here. There are many other nationalities studying in many of the Universities throughout Russia. There are Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans studying in many universities. There are slums you shouldn't go as foreigner, but it's like that with all countries with Slums.