Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The start of a new life in Lithuania

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The start of a new life in Lithuania

Postby ***JP*** » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 am

Well 8 days ago I arrived here in Lithuania and so far everything is going really well. I went to the immigration office to get my appointment to get my residence permit card. When I arrived here family and friends greeted me at the airport and already friends told me they will help me find a job. So I can say I'm settling well here. Sometimes I do get a little home sick but then again who doesn't when starting a new life? My wife and her family have been doing everything possible to make my transition go well. One thing is for sure it's great to be with my wife and to have a fresh start in life.

Will be posting more status reports as time passes. One thing I can say for sure is that this new beginning is life changing in the most positive way.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 am

Congrats on your new life, JP. Best wishes to you, and if I drop by Lithuania one of these days, I want to meet you and your wife, haha...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am

I am glad to hear things are going well for you JP. Congratulations on your new life and new wife! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am

Fantastic, we need more of this.

Great news, Enjoy your new life, it's refreshing isn't it, you must be feeling some seance of relief!
magnum
Junior Poster

Re: The start of a new life in Lithuania

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:20 pm

***JP*** wrote:Well 8 days ago I arrived here in Lithuania and so far everything is going really well. I went to the immigration office to get my appointment to get my residence permit card. When I arrived here family and friends greeted me at the airport and already friends told me they will help me find a job. So I can say I'm settling well here. Sometimes I do get a little home sick but then again who doesn't when starting a new life? My wife and her family have been doing everything possible to make my transition go well. One thing is for sure it's great to be with my wife and to have a fresh start in life.

Will be posting more status reports as time passes. One thing I can say for sure is that this new beginning is life changing in the most positive way.

Good luck, JP. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:55 am

One thing I love about Lithuania is that everyday feels like Christmas there. I mean there is this cheerful holiday vibe that's there everyday. It's hard to explain. You have to be there to sense what I mean.

Why don't you and your family go to the coastline of Klaipedas? I'm sure there are nice beaches and cottages there.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby ***JP*** » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Thank you all for the good wishes and I hope the new year encourages more of you guys to head abroad to start your new lives. Merry Xmas to you all.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Winston wrote:One thing I love about Lithuania is that everyday feels like Christmas there. I mean there is this cheerful holiday vibe that's there everyday. It's hard to explain. You have to be there to sense what I mean.

Why don't you and your family go to the coastline of Klaipedas? I'm sure there are nice beaches and cottages there.

Already been there and also we went to Nida and the Curonian spit where it divides Lithuania and Kaliningrad. But my favorite place is Palanga. One funny thing though. This winter hasn't been very strong cause temps have been in the 40's F
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Congrats and best wishes. Please keep us posted.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MarkDY » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:44 am

Good luck JP. A friend on mine met a Lithuanian women in Ocean City, Maryland. He is going to spend the summer with her in Lithuania.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Postby quito » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 am

wow.. being that i am 1/2 Lithuanian and have extensive family there, i do everything i can to stay away from those crazy people.. lol. anytime i see someone acting stupid in public in the usa i surmise there is a really high probability that they are Lithuanian. its amazing how many times i have been right.
quito
Freshman Poster

Postby Taco » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am

I wish you all the best in your new country.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Killhoffa » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:06 am

Congratulations, for being a real example! Pure motivation!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories