Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Hong Kong Trip Report (with pictures)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Anthropolonerd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 pm

tre wrote: They also witnessed a couple of white model guys being beat up very badly at a nightclub...blood everywhere. The Malaysians rallied and supported those that were beating them up...no one offered help to the foreigners. One guy in particular was likely permanently damaged before police showed up. The white guys evidently were making out with some Muslim Malaysian girls and several guys decided they REALLY didn't like it.


That sounds pretty scary.

Was this in some random hick town though? Because then I would expect things like that...
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm







Postby momopi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 pm

tre wrote:This is true. However, I have friends that went to Malaysia and had cell phones forcibly stolen by guys on motorcycles. This is evidently extremely common in Malaysia. They also witnessed a couple of white model guys being beat up very badly at a nightclub...blood everywhere. The Malaysians rallied and supported those that were beating them up...no one offered help to the foreigners. One guy in particular was likely permanently damaged before police showed up. The white guys evidently were making out with some Muslim Malaysian girls and several guys decided they REALLY didn't like it.
I just recommend that foreign men be VERY careful not to step over any boundaries...especially religious ones. Malaysian men are not pussies...they WILL attack violently when provoked. Singaporean men often come off as weak/timid, but the same can't be said for many Malaysian men.


In Malaysia, certain laws such as indecent public behavior may be applicable to everyone. However Sharia is generally only applicable to Muslims. It's improper for unmarried couples to be in a secluded area or confined space by themselves. The crime of khalwat (close proximity) is not as serious as zina (adultery), but may still result in fines and up to 2 years prison. I think we have a couple members from Malaysia here who can probably comment on this topic.

If you're a non-Muslim getting involved with a Muslim girl in an Islamic country, you should already be aware of the risks. Back in 2005 when I was sitting at a park with my ex-GF, in front of Petronas Towers in KL, a religious morality cop came by and started flipping his notebook. Since we weren't holding hands or kissing he couldn't write us up, but he was clearly annoyed at us sitting alone in close proximity at the park. We left to return to my hotel room to continue our um, adult relationship in private.

I was in Malacca couple months ago and, religious police was no where in sight at the parks or river front. ;p Unlike KL, Taxi's did not have "no kissing" stickers either.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby droid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 am

Someone wrote:So are you seriously saying you had trouble getting attractive women back home in the US?

Travelinman looks great but I can see how they could snub him as a replaceable "7" here, whereas he is a solid "9" for those girls in Asia.

TM: I always advise American dudes to please 'up' their standards. You can and should aim much higher over there, stud; don't spoil them, so there is still something for the guys below your level.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Hk

Postby Travelin Man » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:17 am

Anthropolonerd - Everytime I checked that web site it's been in the red or unhealthy range lol. What made
you choose Hong Kong over say Singapore?

GooMacgle - I saw the stats that you talk about, but my only concern is the extremely long age range. Prime
dating age is 15 - 64?! I would be more interested in the male to female ratio of people 18 -35 in
Singapore. There could be a lot of older women hanging around and skewing the age ratio since they do
tend to live longer.

What you describe is something I've noticed in Hong Kong as well. The expat men are serious players and
often have upwards of 4 - 6 girlfriends at any one time and are non committal. One of my roommates was
a good looking British guy who would hit the bars on a weekly basis and would usually bring home a new
girl every week. I even had an older 42 yro British roommate meet an Indonesian girl half his age at the bar
who needed a place to stay (according to him). He brought her to our apartment and they ended up staying
together for quite some time!

Momopi - Would you consider KL a safe place to visit? What are the interracial relationships like there?
It seems like it's not a good place for American expats.

This is another girl I met who was very quiet most of the time. Her English was good, but she was not
very articulate and didn't do much talking. After the first date I thought she wasn't interested and
that I wasn't ever going to see her again. But once again to my surprise she would contact me and wanted to
go places and do things. She ended up being one of my main gfs until I left Hk in May.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Travelin Man on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Begin with the end in mind
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Hk

Postby momopi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Travelin Man wrote:Momopi - Would you consider KL a safe place to visit? What are the interracial relationships like there?
It seems like it's not a good place for American expats.


I have not been to KL for years. My most recent visit was to JB and Malacca.

Like many other cities, KL has nice areas and not so nice areas. Even Paris has slums. You choose where you want to be.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Hk

Postby Anthropolonerd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Travelin Man wrote:Anthropolonerd - Everytime I checked that web site it's been in the red or unhealthy range lol. What made
you choose Hong Kong over say Singapore?


Actually it is better than where I live right now. Mong Kok generally has the lowest pollution score and is now 8 (very low).

Lots of reasons. While Singapore is probably a nicer place overall (to live, as in peace, quiet and health), HK is a lot more exciting, vibrant and less focused on working (yes, also very focused on working, just less so). Singapore doesn't seem like a place someone goes to have fun.

Btw you look a little pale in your last set of pics. Do Chinese girls like that sort of thing?
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Postby chibolo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:33 pm

droid wrote:
Someone wrote:So are you seriously saying you had trouble getting attractive women back home in the US?

Travelinman looks great but I can see how they could snub him as a replaceable "7" here, whereas he is a solid "9" for those girls in Asia.

TM: I always advise American dudes to please 'up' their standards. You can and should aim much higher over there, stud; don't spoil them, so there is still something for the guys below your level.


Strange that a guy like him can't get a woman in the US. He looks like a 7-7,5 guy (no homo). To be honest I think he looks better than some of the girls in the pictures.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Postby Anthropolonerd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:51 pm

chibolo wrote:
droid wrote:
Someone wrote:So are you seriously saying you had trouble getting attractive women back home in the US?

Travelinman looks great but I can see how they could snub him as a replaceable "7" here, whereas he is a solid "9" for those girls in Asia.

TM: I always advise American dudes to please 'up' their standards. You can and should aim much higher over there, stud; don't spoil them, so there is still something for the guys below your level.


Strange that a guy like him can't get a woman in the US. He looks like a 7-7,5 guy (no homo). To be honest I think he looks better than some of the girls in the pictures.


Unless they're raking in the millions or look like an international fashion model, I've never heard of an IT-guy having a great dating life in the west. Probably, it has more to do with common personality traits among IT-people more so than the fact that they are in IT.

Whether he looks better than the girls is mostly a matter of taste. I don't think he "objectively" looks much better, but most of the girls (except the first) have traits which are de-emphasized in the west while Traveller has traits which are emphasized in the west (which is why I don't think he actually couldn't get a girl in the US, but maybe not one up to his standards in either looks or personality).
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Postby chibolo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Anthropolonerd wrote:
chibolo wrote:
droid wrote:
Someone wrote:So are you seriously saying you had trouble getting attractive women back home in the US?

Travelinman looks great but I can see how they could snub him as a replaceable "7" here, whereas he is a solid "9" for those girls in Asia.

TM: I always advise American dudes to please 'up' their standards. You can and should aim much higher over there, stud; don't spoil them, so there is still something for the guys below your level.


Strange that a guy like him can't get a woman in the US. He looks like a 7-7,5 guy (no homo). To be honest I think he looks better than some of the girls in the pictures.


Unless they're raking in the millions or look like an international fashion model, I've never heard of an IT-guy having a great dating life in the west. Probably, it has more to do with common personality traits among IT-people more so than the fact that they are in IT.

Whether he looks better than the girls is mostly a matter of taste. I don't think he "objectively" looks much better, but most of the girls (except the first) have traits which are de-emphasized in the west while Traveller has traits which are emphasized in the west (which is why I don't think he actually couldn't get a girl in the US, but maybe not one up to his standards in either looks or personality).


Yeah, you're right it is a matter of taste. To me the girls are 6-6,5s but if the OP likes them that's all that matters.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Girls

Postby Travelin Man » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 pm

momopi - If I end up in Singapore next year I will visit KL and write a trip report based on my
experiences there. I saw a few videos on youtube with expats living there and they seem to be happy.

Anthropolonerd - So are you telling me that the pollution in the Netherlands is worse than Hk? That's
news to me. A lot of the pollution in Hk is blown over from mainland China. Also since Hk is an
international trade port, the emissions from all the ships in the harbor makes it worse.

I wouldn't say that Hk is a lot more exciting, there's plenty to do in Singapore as well. However,
if you're a single guy and your social life is your top priority, which it is for most men 18 - 35,
than Hk is a better alternative. But if you're planning on long term living in Asia, maybe even
getting married and having a family than Singapore is the way to go. It's suppose to have the best
quality of life in Asia, but it's very expensive too.

I'm what you call "indoorsy". I'm a web programmer so my job doesn't require me to go outside for
most of the day which is why I'm so pale. It didn't seem to be a hindrance in Asia like it is in
America. I even had a Filipino girl tell me I have nice skin and that I'm better for "breeding". Here
in America women have coined the term tall, dark and handsome as the ideal qualities they look for in
a man which puts a lot of pressure on white guys to go and get dark tans and be something they are
really not which is too bad.

zboy1 - Do you have any pictures from your trip to Hk you can share?

xiongmao - How has your experience in Asia been as far as employment? Was it easy for you to find jobs
in IT and what was the pay like?

chibolo - I never said that I can't get "any" women in the US, just that I can get "better" women in
Asia where I was pulling women in the 8 - 10 range which was out of my reach here in Arizona. The girl
below was one of my favorites. She was tall for a Chinese girl standing at 5'8 with long legs and a
pretty face. I seem to have turned her on to health and fitness since she had never been to a gym before.
We really hit it off in that sense. Let me know if you guys can't see the video.

Image
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7PH7LMOk60[/youtube]
Last edited by Travelin Man on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Begin with the end in mind
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:37 am

Postby RedMenace » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Quick question. Where did you pick up or meet these women and on how was their spoken English on average?
RedMenace
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Girls

Postby chibolo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Travelin Man wrote:chibolo - I never said that I can't get "any" women in the US, just that I can get "better" women in
Asia where I was pulling women in the 8 - 10 range which was out of my reach here in Arizona. The girl
below was one of my favorites. She was tall for a Chinese girl standing at 5'8 with long legs and a
pretty face. I seem to have turned her on to health and fitness since she had never been to a gym before.
We really hit it off in that sense. Let me know if you guys can't see the video.

Image
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7PH7LMOk60&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]


Strange. To me that girl is like a 6,5. She's a bit on the skinny side and her face is cute, but not beautiful. This just shows that tastes vary a lot and if she is an 8 or better to you it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Girls

Postby Anthropolonerd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:34 pm

Travelin Man wrote:Anthropolonerd - So are you telling me that the pollution in the Netherlands is worse than Hk? That's
news to me. A lot of the pollution in Hk is blown over from mainland China. Also since Hk is an
international trade port, the emissions from all the ships in the harbor makes it worse.


lol ofc not. It's just that right now the emissions are low in HK apparantly. 95% of the time it is MUCH higher. I don't think it's ever even been over 40 here where in HK it gets to 120+.
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Postby drealm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:14 am

You are dating some very nice small boned girls. But you are also giant 6'1.. 200 lb? I don't know if scrawny men will have same batting average.

Supposing we put money and body fat on the same scale, how much money does a man need to be a 200lb giant like you?
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Postby drealm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

Another observation:

Chinese girls seem to adore converse. I guess it makes them look cute. Chinese girls want to look cute, rather than seductive.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest