Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Abcdavid01 in Shanghai

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby zboy1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:52 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:zboy, if Shanghai's cold then the rest of China must be heaven. Seriously, Shanghai was a huge social improvement for me compared to America. Had some opportunities with girls, but I never pursue things when I know I'm going to leave. I'm back in America now though to finish my last year of college. My mom's in China now and I'll probably go back in a year or year and a half. I really miss it. I want to find where to live and settle down, find a wife, etc.

Of course, China compared to the USA is heaven. But, you'd better off finding a Chinese girl outside the big Tier 1 cities, and go for more rural ladies instead.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

abcdavid01 wrote:zboy, if Shanghai's cold then the rest of China must be heaven. Seriously, Shanghai was a huge social improvement for me compared to America. Had some opportunities with girls, but I never pursue things when I know I'm going to leave. I'm back in America now though to finish my last year of college. My mom's in China now and I'll probably go back in a year or year and a half. I really miss it. I want to find where to live and settle down, find a wife, etc.

Of course, China compared to the USA is heaven. But, you'd better off finding a Chinese girl outside the big Tier 1 cities, and go for more rural ladies instead.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Travelin Man » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:02 am

abcdavid01 - Did the pollution in Shanghai bother you at all? How would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?!

I'm looking to go back to China, but I want to live in a city where the quality of life is high or at least similar to the USA and I can make a descent income.
Begin with the end in mind
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:34 am

Travelin Man wrote:abcdavid01 - Did the pollution in Shanghai bother you at all? How would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?!

I'm looking to go back to China, but I want to live in a city where the quality of life is high or at least similar to the USA and I can make a descent income.

Pollution's not terrible for China. I've heard it said that it's about Los Angeles level. I was only there in the summer though and I heard it gets worse in the winter.

There's a lot of little things that make it even more modern than USA. For example, outdoor ATMS are inside private booths to prevent identity theft. Besides air pollution it's actually cleaner than New York City (less garbage on the streets, etc).
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories