Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Postby heavenseek » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:03 am

Hi everyone; I took a trip to the Philippines (last month) to finally meet a chat buddy.
This video hints at why i searched so far; and how it went:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELA9HLwBiww[/youtube]

erik
heavenseek
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:52 am

Haha very very nice, very accurate. I can't imagine how many hours you put into this.
I love that 'jabba the hut' figure bouncing into oblivion at 4:33 lol

Welcome to the forum. What other places have you visited? You'd kill it in south america, China.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Re: Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Postby Rock » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:42 am

heavenseek wrote:Hi everyone; I took a trip to the Philippines (last month) to finally meet a chat buddy.
This video hints at why i searched so far; and how it went:

erik

Beautifully artistic. Wonderful job and warm welcome to the forum :)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:18 am

I found the video incredibly hard to masturbate to.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby hammanta » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 pm

I really hate you, ok I'm actually just jealous that I'm not back there :twisted: Nice video though!
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby publicduende » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:40 pm

They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

It couldn't have rendered better what must have crossed your brain as you left your cold Canadian town to bathe in the simple, genuine beauty of Boracay. From the dreamless, comatose sleep of your home culture, to the purgatory of female power symbols, to catharsis and heaven in the Land of the Morning. Going from grey to the rainbow must have had the effect of a week (or more) long hallucinating trip. And a good one at that!

As a first post, it should indeed be worth a 1000. Well done, and best of luck for your budding friendship/relationship with your "chat buddy"!
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby hammanta » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

publicduende wrote:They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

It couldn't have rendered better what must have crossed your brain as you left your cold Canadian town to bathe in the simple, genuine beauty of Boracay. From the dreamless, comatose sleep of your home culture, to the purgatory of female power symbols, to catharsis and heaven in the Land of the Morning. Going from grey to the rainbow must have had the effect of a week (or more) long hallucinating trip. And a good one at that!

As a first post, it should indeed be worth a 1000. Well done, and best of luck for your budding friendship/relationship with your "chat buddy"!

Ah but coming back can at times be equally, though in retrospect, as daunting and mentally draining. I've never been more depressed in my life than when I've stepped foot back on my home soil.

To quote Lin Yutang, "No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old familiar pillow."
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Simply brilliant!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 pm

So, when are you going back?
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby publicduende » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:46 pm

hammanta wrote:
publicduende wrote:They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

Ah but coming back can at times be equally, though in retrospect, as daunting and mentally draining. I've never been more depressed in my life than when I've stepped foot back on my home soil.

To quote Lin Yutang, "No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old familiar pillow."

I hear you!
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories