Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
heavenseek
Freshman Poster

Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Post by heavenseek »

Hi everyone; I took a trip to the Philippines (last month) to finally meet a chat buddy.
This video hints at why i searched so far; and how it went:

erik
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Haha very very nice, very accurate. I can't imagine how many hours you put into this.
I love that 'jabba the hut' figure bouncing into oblivion at 4:33 lol

Welcome to the forum. What other places have you visited? You'd kill it in south america, China.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video trip report (first post; hope this works)

Post by Rock »

heavenseek wrote:Hi everyone; I took a trip to the Philippines (last month) to finally meet a chat buddy.
This video hints at why i searched so far; and how it went:

erik
Beautifully artistic. Wonderful job and warm welcome to the forum :)
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

I found the video incredibly hard to masturbate to.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I really hate you, ok I'm actually just jealous that I'm not back there :twisted: Nice video though!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

It couldn't have rendered better what must have crossed your brain as you left your cold Canadian town to bathe in the simple, genuine beauty of Boracay. From the dreamless, comatose sleep of your home culture, to the purgatory of female power symbols, to catharsis and heaven in the Land of the Morning. Going from grey to the rainbow must have had the effect of a week (or more) long hallucinating trip. And a good one at that!

As a first post, it should indeed be worth a 1000. Well done, and best of luck for your budding friendship/relationship with your "chat buddy"!
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

publicduende wrote:They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

It couldn't have rendered better what must have crossed your brain as you left your cold Canadian town to bathe in the simple, genuine beauty of Boracay. From the dreamless, comatose sleep of your home culture, to the purgatory of female power symbols, to catharsis and heaven in the Land of the Morning. Going from grey to the rainbow must have had the effect of a week (or more) long hallucinating trip. And a good one at that!

As a first post, it should indeed be worth a 1000. Well done, and best of luck for your budding friendship/relationship with your "chat buddy"!
Ah but coming back can at times be equally, though in retrospect, as daunting and mentally draining. I've never been more depressed in my life than when I've stepped foot back on my home soil.

To quote Lin Yutang, "No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old familiar pillow."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Simply brilliant!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

So, when are you going back?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

hammanta wrote:
publicduende wrote:They say a picture speaks more than 1000 words. Your animation speaks even louder. It nails it at so many levels, from the symbolic/oniric to the experiential, quirkiness to realism.

Loved it!

Ah but coming back can at times be equally, though in retrospect, as daunting and mentally draining. I've never been more depressed in my life than when I've stepped foot back on my home soil.

To quote Lin Yutang, "No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old familiar pillow."
I hear you!