Colombia Trip Report by OTB and Forerunner

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Colombia Trip Report by OTB and Forerunner

Post by OTB »

Well it's been some time since the last time I wrote a post. This trip was amazing and I wanted to share this with everyone.

First off, Forerunner and I had a blast. This was my second time to Colombia and Forerunner's first. I told him before we went that he would definitely see the differences between Colombian women and American women. And for sure he did and I was able to experience it again.

Bogotá

So we stayed in Bogotá for three days. We stayed in La Candelaria. We walked around the city and went different places. Now that I've been there a second time I can really appreciate the women of Bogotá. I love the women in Bogotá. And one thing we noticed about the women was that they gave signs interests and are all about making eye contact. Forerunner noticed this instantly. He said they make a lot of eye contact here.

We didn't approach any for romantic reasons but as an experiment we decided to approach random women to take a picture of us just to gauge how friendly they were. Some were shy but all of them were very friendly and left with a smile. It was all about having fun.

Cali

From Bogotá we moved on to Cali. This was my first time there and man I love this city. You always hear so many bad things about it. It was the total opposite. It was very clean, quiet and cozy neighborhoods, warm, insanely gorgeous women, and plenty of good places to eat. It reminded me of Los Angeles.

I had a nice experience while there too. While shopping for some food for the bus ride to Medellin a girl working there approached me for her co-worker who was a little shy to approach me herself. Her coworker said she wanted to go out for whisky and salsa dancing on the second floor of the store. So I waved to the girl to come over so I could introduce myself and talk to her for a little bit.

She was a naturally pretty girl fellows. She was a brunette and wore no makeup. She was of European descent and had a body on her. She was wearing some brown tights with shapely athletic thighs, flip flops, and a nice top. I didn't stay because we were heading to Medellin. I said to myself I've been in this store three times since I've been here and the day I'm leaving some beautiful Colombiana wants to go salsa dancing and get to know me. Oh well, it was an experience.

Medellin

We saw good looking women in Medellin but overall I didn't really care for the women there. Medellin does not have the most beautiful women in Colombia. I don't care what anybody says. I don't know why Medellin has that reputation but it's not true.

Cartagena

I love Cartagena. It was my second time there and the women are very friendly, approachable, and give signs of interest. Forerunner happened to get a little close with the girl who worked at the hostel we stayed at. She was very friendly, authentic, and playful.

I know this was short but I just wanted to throw this out there.

The main point I want to get across from this post is that women down there are definitely friendlier, extremely feminine, approachable, give signs of interest, in a whole LOT better shape, and are more authentic. Also the whole time we were there I saw one girl with a tattoo on her back at the airport in Bogotá when we were leaving. Most of the women down there carry themselves the way women are supposed to carry themselves. There's no comparison when it comes to American women and Latin women in general.

I hate coming back here!
Last edited by OTB on July 29th, 2014, 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Colombia: OTB and Forerunner

Post by Jester »

OTB wrote:
Well it's been some time since the last time I wrote a post. This trip was amazing and I wanted to share this everyone.
Thanks for the report. Nice that you gave your own fresh impressions, rather than echoing others.
OTB wrote:
You guys look like locals. Features + clothes.
OTB wrote:
I had a nice experience while there too. While shopping for some food for the bus ride to Medellin a girl working there approached me for her co-worker who was a little shy to approach me herself. Her coworker said she wanted to go out for whisky and salsa dancing on the second floor of the store. So I waved to the girl to come over so I could introduce myself and talk to her for a little bit.
Yeah like this happens in the US!!
OTB wrote:
I said to myself I've been in this store three times since I've been here and the day I'm leaving some beautiful Colombiana wants to go salsa dancing and get to know me.
So I guess next time a couple days longer in Cali...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Great trip report, dude!

Hey, OTB, can you tell me what some of the differences are between native Colombians and Colombian Americans/Latinos in the USA? I know you're a native New Yorker like me, so how much different are Colombians in NYC compared to back home.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

zboy1 wrote:Great trip report, dude!

Hey, OTB, can you tell me what some of the differences are between native Colombians and Colombian Americans/Latinos in the USA? I know you're a native New Yorker like me, so how much different are Colombians in NYC compared to back home.
Hey zboy. I'm from NJ so I couldn't tell you the differences between Colombians in NY and those in Colombia. From my experience, I would have to say mainland Colombianas win hands down. I've never met any Colombian women here in the states but compared to Latinas in the US in general they get a gold medal. They are very feminine, no tattoos, love their long beautiful jet black hair (no butch looking women), soft looking, most of them don't smoke, and they seem very approachable. They aren't shy about showing their interest. I noticed that when they look at you it was like they WANTED you to approach them. They all had a softness in their eyes that put you at ease instantly. Something that I don't see very much here in the states.

I know that there a remnant of very attractive and very feminine Colombians/Latinas here in the states in certain parts such as LA and Miami but overall the quality is better in Colombia.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Thank you OTB, for the report. So, did you guys get any action while you were down there? Meet any serious gf prospects? Or was this just a preliminary/exploratory trip?

Colombia is on my short list of countries I'd like to visit to meet women. I'm surprised to hear that you weren't impressed with Medellin, most guys rave about that city. Were the girls less friendly there? Do the women look different from city to city? Like, do some areas lean more mestizo or mulatto or european??
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

fightforlove wrote:Thank you OTB, for the report. So, did you guys get any action while you were down there? Meet any serious gf prospects? Or was this just a preliminary/exploratory trip?

Colombia is on my short list of countries I'd like to visit to meet women. I'm surprised to hear that you weren't impressed with Medellin, most guys rave about that city. Were the girls less friendly there? Do the women look different from city to city? Like, do some areas lean more mestizo or mulatto or european??
No we got no action. While in Medellin he met a young prostitute. She wanted to talk to him so he chatted her up for about 10 minutes. I walked off and waited for him and when he done talking to her he told me she wanted him to take her back to his room for some action. It was tempting for him but he was smart not to do it. I told him he was coming back home with something if he laid with that.

We didn't meet any serious gf prospects. We both had plenty of chances of meeting girls due to the attention we were getting. I had the chance to go out with Joanna, the girl from the store Super Inter, but we were heading to Medellin. Him and the girl who worked at the hostel in Cartagena, Lourdes, were holding hands and flirting the night we went out to dinner.

So to answer your question this was more of an exploratory trip. The last time I was there was May of 2006 and now I know for sure that's where I would like to be. I scoped out enough about the country that tells me this is the perfect place for me. I feel at home in Colombia. If I can get back there for a longer period of time I'll be hunting more aggressively for a Colombiana. It is definitely on if I'm able to stay down there for a year or more. That's my goal.

Now about the girls in Medellin. It's not that they were less friendly. It's just that I didn't see anything that was so special about them. Most of them were average looking. Their faces were mediocre. They just didn't look as feminine and polished as the women in Cali, Cartagena, and Bogotá. Here and there I saw a chick that caught my eye but it was nothing like the aforementioned cities. Especially Cali and Bogotá.....my goodness. Everywhere I looked there was naturally beautiful girls with BODIES.

The women do look different from city to city. In Bogotá they're more mestizo and some look pure Amerindian. In Cali, you get a mix. Mestizo, Mulatto (black and Amerindian), some who look more European, and Afro-Colombians. In Cartagena the majority of the people are of African descent and Mulatto. Medellin is more mestizo and European. I love the ethnic diversity in Colombia.
Last edited by OTB on July 30th, 2014, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It looks like you had a lot of fun, thanks for posting this trip report! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just interviewed OTB in my podcast about his experienced in Colombia. First we talked about the arrogance and bad attitude of AW and the fake social culture in the US. Then we talked about his experiences in Colombia and how refreshingly different the women there were - much more friendly, positive, genuine and engaging. OTB is very passionate and authentic, which shows in this interview.

This podcast is 3 hours. Sorry that this is really long, but we both had so much to say. And plus, my kind of podcasts are in-depth, not general. Hope you understand. If it's too long, just listen to it in increments. You don't have to listen to it all at once. Here is the link to it. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/K ... erview.mp3
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Great trip report!!! Thanks for sharing. Good to see our guys out there checking out foreign countries.