Everdred's "10 Days in Singapore" Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Everdred's "10 Days in Singapore" Trip Report

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

publicduende wrote:Guys, if you were to take off the p***y goggles for a minute, you would realise there are lots of other reasons to be in Singapore, whether for a month or 5 years.

I lived there (for almost 4 months, on secondment from a contract in London) and I can assure you that, with the right kind of work and wages setup, Singapore is virtually the best place in the world to be in. Absolutely unbeatable: a first world hub with the efficiency of Switzerland, the infrastructure and professional environment of London or NYC, great warm weather all year around. And, last but not least, a ridiculously comfortable airport that makes more than 20 Asian countries never more than three hours flight away, with more and more low-cost options available.

Unfortunately things have changed somehow, now that the Zeitgeist isn't as conducive to highly-paid expat jobs as it used to be and cheaper propositions from India, Bangladesh and Burma, China and Vietnam are putting downward pressure on salaries. Still, if you're lucky enough to be on anything between 70 and 140K SGD and working for a European company that affords you the full 25 day paid holidays entitlement plus (PLUS!) the statutory national holidays (Chinese new year, Diwali etc.)...nothing beats that. Absolute paradise. Hands down.

paradise has p***y not robot china hoes and sinagpore maids.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:paradise has p***y not robot china hoes and sinagpore maids.
That's because that's the highest you can get to. Get a decent job and a some social status and then we'll talk about it again.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:paradise has p***y not robot china hoes and sinagpore maids.
That's because that's the highest you can get to. Get a decent job and a some social status and then we'll talk about it again.
Looks and personality is the top things high class women like singaporeans want. Thats something we can't change. :roll: Besides yo didn't wind up with a singaporean woman to marry either. Singaporean women dont even make great wives thats why all the rich guys there go to phil and thailand for sex tourism.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Everdred, thanks for the great report on Singapore! :D My hero Jim Rogers choice to live in Singapore and he could have lived anywhere in the world. Yes, I would love to get one of those great jobs in Singapore.

http://jimrogers.com/
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If the employer supplies you with a nice place to live, it sounds good. Do you have a car? I hear it can cost half a million dollars to get a Mercedes and actually drive it there. With kids, it would be tough to switch to not having a car unless the grocery store (Cold Storage?) were close by. But the MRT there is really nice and not nearly as crowded as the subway in Seoul or Tokyo. Food and clothing are reasonably cheap in Singapore with lots of food options. There was even a Long John Silver's when I went there once in the 1990's, lots of Indian food stalls, and Chinese food of course, along with Malay, Indonesian, and American restaurants.

Some of those accents are rough to listen to. Some are nice English-sounding accents. The women are more career-minded than in some of the surrounding areas. 'Cheap Asia' is a drive or boat ride away in Indonesia or China.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

publicduende wrote:Guys, if you were to take off the p***y goggles for a minute, you would realise there are lots of other reasons to be in Singapore, whether for a month or 5 years.

I lived there (for almost 4 months, on secondment from a contract in London) and I can assure you that, with the right kind of work and wages setup, Singapore is virtually the best place in the world to be in. Absolutely unbeatable: a first world hub with the efficiency of Switzerland, the infrastructure and professional environment of London or NYC, great warm weather all year around. And, last but not least, a ridiculously comfortable airport that makes more than 20 Asian countries never more than three hours flight away, with more and more low-cost options available.

Unfortunately things have changed somehow, now that the Zeitgeist isn't as conducive to highly-paid expat jobs as it used to be and cheaper propositions from India, Bangladesh and Burma, China and Vietnam are putting downward pressure on salaries. Still, if you're lucky enough to be on anything between 70 and 140K SGD and working for a European company that affords you the full 25 day paid holidays entitlement plus (PLUS!) the statutory national holidays (Chinese new year, Diwali etc.)...nothing beats that. Absolute paradise. Hands down.
I agree with this. Though I've never been to Singapore, I know several people that live there now. Location has to be the best out of any city IMO. My friend one weekend was vacationing in the Maldives, the next she was in Bali, and back to work Monday. A huge cluster of different ethnic groups plus higher salaries is a plus in IMO, at least for the career guy. If one is so p***y starved head over to the mongering countries. It sure beats a flight from the USA any day of the week.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Looks and personality is the top things high class women like singaporeans want. Thats something we can't change. :roll: Besides yo didn't wind up with a singaporean woman to marry either. Singaporean women dont even make great wives thats why all the rich guys there go to phil and thailand for sex tourism.
This is a very subjective point of view. For wealthy guys, Sex tourism usually doesn't have much to do with a dissatisfaction for their wife, girlfriend, or whatever, but more a dissatisfaction for life in general. It is usually used as a power trip or a source of entertainment that attempts to fill some empty void in their life. No amount of money or looks is gonna fill that void but they supplement it with what they feel will do the job.

As far as being wife material, some are, some aren't. As much as we bash America, I know tons of very happy American couples. You can find love anywhere in the world, you just have to be open and put yourself out there. As for being a mongering country, it seems its not the place. I wouldn't fault the women for being opposed to sleeping with guys they just meet or having some standards. I don't need a slave wife. I'd much prefer to have an intelligent professional girl that can support herself but still keeping her feminine qualities. Singapore in my opinion seems perfect for myself. Its a place where I could pursue my professional goals, travel on the weekends, meet some attractive professional women, and still maintain a higher quality of life.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I'm an American and America does't seem to have the presence in Singapore and SEA as the UK does. Any suggestions on how an American can get a job in Singapore or SEA? I work in the computer field. Any companies you can recommend or job boards.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:

I agree with this. Though I've never been to Singapore, I know several people that live there now. Location has to be the best out of any city IMO. My friend one weekend was vacationing in the Maldives, the next she was in Bali, and back to work Monday. A huge cluster of different ethnic groups plus higher salaries is a plus in IMO, at least for the career guy. If one is so p***y starved head over to the mongering countries. It sure beats a flight from the USA any day of the week.

You should just stay in america. The life and women you're looking for you can find in america better than asia cause at least there is more of that type and its your own country. Asia is for guys who want sex slaves. :lol: Youll just feel alienated in asia for no reason. You seem level headed so I dont think asia is for you. Asia is for nutters. :lol:

High salary cause its expensive in singapore. Thats the only advantage is you can monger very easily from singapore but you still have to fly out which is a pain in the ass and if you monger locally its not that cheap. You can also monger the maids living there. Although if your life is just mongering you can do that in america guys!!! I used to bang hot korean and one japanese girl out of their apartment or massage parlor and strippers in teh bay area. In fact the first filipina i had sex with was a stripper in america not philippines. So why should someone settle for an overpriced over trafficked overworked place like singapore?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

As always everdred,
-Excellent report
-Excellent pictures (getting better by the day), you even added a few girls this time.

I agree Indian food is great! those guys even make meatless dishes that make you lick your fingers.

Thanks
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

hammanta wrote:

You should just stay in america. The life and women you're looking for you can find in america better than asia cause at least there is more of that type and its your own country. Asia is for guys who want sex slaves. :lol: Youll just feel alienated in asia for no reason. You seem level headed so I dont think asia is for you. Asia is for nutters. :lol:
Sorry, I've lost interest in American women. They are all too much into their career, not into a relationship, and don't like sex.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

MrMan wrote:If the employer supplies you with a nice place to live, it sounds good. Do you have a car? I hear it can cost half a million dollars to get a Mercedes and actually drive it there. With kids, it would be tough to switch to not having a car unless the grocery store (Cold Storage?) were close by. But the MRT there is really nice and not nearly as crowded as the subway in Seoul or Tokyo. Food and clothing are reasonably cheap in Singapore with lots of food options. There was even a Long John Silver's when I went there once in the 1990's, lots of Indian food stalls, and Chinese food of course, along with Malay, Indonesian, and American restaurants.

Some of those accents are rough to listen to. Some are nice English-sounding accents. The women are more career-minded than in some of the surrounding areas. 'Cheap Asia' is a drive or boat ride away in Indonesia or China.
When I leave America, I don't plan on owning a car and I certainly don't want a big house or a lot of material objects. I've already lived the "American Dream!" :lol:
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Thanks for the report Everdred. When I get back to travelling, I might head there as an entryway before flying to China.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WorldTraveler wrote:
hammanta wrote:

Sorry, I've lost interest in American women. They are all too much into their career, not into a relationship, and don't like sex.
This is probably the best comment you've ever made that I like. All too true. F.uck a car. If I am going to get a car again, it will have manual transmission. Auto transmission panders to the female US of Gay element: it says it's okay for a woman to multitask while driving, but for real men, manual transmission is what's up.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

droid wrote:As always everdred,
-Excellent report
-Excellent pictures (getting better by the day), you even added a few girls this time.

I agree Indian food is great! those guys even make meatless dishes that make you lick your fingers.

Thanks
Indian food is probably the best food on the planet, and I'm a guy that loves Brasilian, Dominican (not the cheap Amerricanized street vender crap you see in Puerto Plata and southside Sto. Dgo by the tourist districts), and Puerto Rican fried food. Pakistani food (well let's not talk about how the UK split them up from India, but I digress) and Thai food very closely rival Indian food. Such gastronomical epicurean bliss.