Having lots of luck in Mexico... much better now!!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Post by WorldTraveler »

manly5000 wrote:Well like I mentioned a few posts up I just didn't know what I was doing and was approaching it all wrong, not to mention being impatient -- things are going MUCH MUCH better now and will be going even better once I get to Brazil next week, where I have a cute 21-year old girl anxiously waiting to spend time with me. 8) When I created this thread I was a bit drunk and being a bit pissy... lol. Wish I could just nuke this entire thread because it is no longer accurate.
Manly5000, I learned 10 times more from your hardship than if you wrote some fictional bullshit about how easy it is to get laid in every town you visited. How long have you been in Mexico? Why the sudden change of opinion on Mexico? Do you feel it is now an easy country to meet women in? Have you been able to repeat your sexcapades with other women besides that one?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

WorldTraveler wrote:Manly5000, I learned 10 times more from your hardship than if you wrote some fictional bullshit about how easy it is to get laid in every town you visited. How long have you been in Mexico? Why the sudden change of opinion on Mexico? Do you feel it is now an easy country to meet women in? Have you been able to repeat your sexcapades with other women besides that one?
Glad my ramblings were helpful to some... lol. 8)

At the very least they were somewhat accurate. However, I wasn't trying very hard to interact with women. I was initially expecting they would just flock to me and I'd take my pick, which ain't the case. They tend to have the cold, icy look on their faces but truth be told, whenever i would stop one and talk to them (ask them for directions, etc) they would immediately be pleasant and friendly and the look on their faces changed to reflect this. When I chatted up that girl on the bus, and saw how fast it all happens when you do it right, I realized that the problem was with me. Since then I have noticed much more attention and smiles and have been going out of my way to do the same.

I wouldn't say its EASY to meet women here, but that is from the perspective of a traveller who only stays in each city for roughly 1 week at a time and then moves on. It doesn't give you any time to make friends or build a social circle, which is vitally important for meeting the right kind of girl for a long-term or lifelong relationship. Living in one spot long term would be, as Mr. Peabody indicated, a completely different story.

As far as sexcapades go that one girl was an exception and not the rule, because, well, she THREW herself at me and rammed her tongue down my throat on the dance floor during our "date" and I decided to just go with it and have some fun lol. I'm not a hookup or sex-on-the-first-date kind of guy, but in this particular case I said the hell with it and let her take the lead. :mrgreen:

Hope that helps answer your questions!
Out in the world living the dream!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... much better now!!

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Now this is a real CNN War Field Report. This is the type of content that needs to return to H.A, not about returning to the U.S. of Gay - sulking and looking for - one's man jewels in the hay instead of rolling in it with a FW.

One cannot be doing CNN field reports acting being gay like Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon (although I respect Lemon's stance on the contemporary, Black American community).
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

manly5000 wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:Manly5000, I learned 10 times more from your hardship than if you wrote some fictional bullshit about how easy it is to get laid in every town you visited. How long have you been in Mexico? Why the sudden change of opinion on Mexico? Do you feel it is now an easy country to meet women in? Have you been able to repeat your sexcapades with other women besides that one?
Glad my ramblings were helpful to some... lol. 8)

At the very least they were somewhat accurate. However, I wasn't trying very hard to interact with women. I was initially expecting they would just flock to me and I'd take my pick, which ain't the case. They tend to have the cold, icy look on their faces but truth be told, whenever i would stop one and talk to them (ask them for directions, etc) they would immediately be pleasant and friendly and the look on their faces changed to reflect this. When I chatted up that girl on the bus, and saw how fast it all happens when you do it right, I realized that the problem was with me. Since then I have noticed much more attention and smiles and have been going out of my way to do the same.

I wouldn't say its EASY to meet women here, but that is from the perspective of a traveller who only stays in each city for roughly 1 week at a time and then moves on. It doesn't give you any time to make friends or build a social circle, which is vitally important for meeting the right kind of girl for a long-term or lifelong relationship. Living in one spot long term would be, as Mr. Peabody indicated, a completely different story.

As far as sexcapades go that one girl was an exception and not the rule, because, well, she THREW herself at me and rammed her tongue down my throat on the dance floor during our "date" and I decided to just go with it and have some fun lol. I'm not a hookup or sex-on-the-first-date kind of guy, but in this particular case I said the hell with it and let her take the lead. :mrgreen:

Hope that helps answer your questions!
Yes, this is the kind of informative reporting we need to help us when we go to these countries. Many years ago, I worked in Western Europe. I thought that being an American would mean something. I found out quickly no girls wanted to date me because I was an American and none had any desire to leave their country. I finally dated a girl. She was an Anglophile, spoke fluent English and was interested Anglo countries.

What cities in Mexico did you spend time in and how long in each one? Do you recommend some over others? I've been to Mexico a few times but only was there for limited periods of time and saw the sights. I'd love to go back and spend more time.

When are you headed to Brazil? What cities are you planning on hitting? :D
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Let's see... cities in Mexico:

Guadalajara
Ensenada
Puerto Vallarta
Oaxaca
San Cristobal
Mexico City

I actually leave for Brasil today! Flying from Mexico City to Rio, get in early tomorrow afternoon. So far just have Rio planned but I have over 2 months of unscheduled time to fill in Brasil so I will have to make some choices soon. Will stay 2-3 weeks in each one this time instead of 1 or less.

Will post another thread once I've been in-country for a bit.

Wish me luck!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

manly5000 wrote:
I actually leave for Brasil today! Flying from Mexico City to Rio, get in early tomorrow afternoon. .....

Wish me luck!
Enjoy the birthday party!!
:mrgreen: :wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Jester wrote:
manly5000 wrote:
I actually leave for Brasil today! Flying from Mexico City to Rio, get in early tomorrow afternoon. .....

Wish me luck!
Enjoy the birthday party!!
:mrgreen: :wink:
Yeah man I'm glad he's pulling through and growing some cajones now.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Yep it was a great "birthday party" all in all... was a little unsure about things last night but I wound up getting my big present this morning. LOL!

God bless Brazil... :mrgreen:

On another note, yessireee "cajones" I got. My last few days in Mexico city proved that when I put myself out there and initiate I get a sh!t ton of interest. For example in one singular 10 minute stretch on the Metro in Mexico City, I was flirting heavily with this one chick and then 5 minutes later on a different line I was in a conversation with another young hottie, who would have gone out with me had I tried. Since i was leaving the next day for Brasil and anxious to meet up with my young Brasiliera, I didn't try to make it happen.

I know exactly what to do and how to do it now... eventually after enough strife and frustration you just "GET IT" and understand fully what you've been doing wrong and what you need to do differently. A "coming to Jesus" moment for lack of a better term. Truly amazing feeling, I guarantee.

This thread has to be in the hall of fame for all-time 180 degree turns by the OP. Where do I sign for my record deal and Letterman appearance?!?!??!! 8)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

manly5000 wrote:Yep it was a great "birthday party" all in all... was a little unsure about things last night but I wound up getting my big present this morning. LOL!

God bless Brazil... :mrgreen:

On another note, yessireee "cajones" I got. My last few days in Mexico city proved that when I put myself out there and initiate I get a sh!t ton of interest. For example in one singular 10 minute stretch on the Metro in Mexico City, I was flirting heavily with this one chick and then 5 minutes later on a different line I was in a conversation with another young hottie, who would have gone out with me had I tried. Since i was leaving the next day for Brasil and anxious to meet up with my young Brasiliera, I didn't try to make it happen.

I know exactly what to do and how to do it now... eventually after enough strife and frustration you just "GET IT" and understand fully what you've been doing wrong and what you need to do differently. A "coming to Jesus" moment for lack of a better term. Truly amazing feeling, I guarantee.

This thread has to be in the hall of fame for all-time 180 degree turns by the OP. Where do I sign for my record deal and Letterman appearance?!?!??!! 8)
P. Diddy will be awaiting you Stateside when you return, and you will be provided with all of that. lol
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:P. Diddy will be awaiting you Stateside when you return, and you will be provided with all of that. lol
What on god's green earth makes you think that I will EVER come back from here?!?!?

I know I've only been here for two days, but DAMN. I can't believe I'm actually in Rio de Janeiro. I've wanted to come here for so long, this place has been the focal point of my entire plan for so long... and now that I'm actually here.... DAMN. The sheer magic of this place is far more intense than I can even begin to describe.

I could live in Rio forever. Maybe I will. Fuk everything else in life.

8)
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I have a couple of more questions about Mexico. How did you travel between cities? How hard was it getting around? Were you always speaking Spanish or would a guy who only speaks English be OK? Of those 6 cities which did you like the best? Which were better for
1. girls & dating,
2. sights,
3. place to live.
I had been to Oaxaca and Mexico City, but none of the others.
manly5000 wrote:
You should be proud of yourself "seeing the light" and becoming successful. Most people never change. They just make the same mistakes over and over again.

Looking forward to hearing about Brazil. It is high on my list. I like to know how dangereous you find it traveling single. Do you speak Portuguese and how much English is spoken? Good luck! :D
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

WorldTraveler wrote:I have a couple of more questions about Mexico. How did you travel between cities? How hard was it getting around? Were you always speaking Spanish or would a guy who only speaks English be OK? Of those 6 cities which did you like the best? Which were better for
1. girls & dating,
2. sights,
3. place to live.
I had been to Oaxaca and Mexico City, but none of the others.
I took the bus all the time except from Guadalajara to Ensenada... that one was by Plane to TJ, then bus from TJ to Ensenada, and in reversse...
Always Spanish for the most part... sometimes someone would speak English with me when they realized I was a foreigner. But I didn't try to go about it with only English so I can't make a fair comment on that.

Sights for me would be Puerto Vallarta, but only because I'm obsessed with true Jungle climate, which PV has more than I could imagine. Easiest to live would be Guadalajara, so much there. Girls I say are the same anywhere if you put yourself out there... no notable diff between cities.
You should be proud of yourself "seeing the light" and becoming successful. Most people never change. They just make the same mistakes over and over again.

Looking forward to hearing about Brazil. It is high on my list. I like to know how dangereous you find it traveling single. Do you speak Portuguese and how much English is spoken? Good luck! :D
Not much English in Rio so far... I had assumed that many peeps would be speaking English here but not really at all. My Porto is weak compared to Spanish but I am doing surprisingly well and ultimately the girls I have gotten together with only speak Porto but we eventually get the gist of each other's thoughts! So far I have encountered nothing dangerous whatsoever, in any location. But that isn't to say danger is not there.... it is but when i walk around i project lots of confidence and with my physique give off a "don't f**k with me" attitude, while appearing friendly and approachable at the same time if that makes any sense, and nobody has given me crap yet. Most important is to keep your eyes moving, ALWAYS look around and stay aware of what's going on around you, and if you don't go looking for trouble you will be fine.