Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Having lots of luck in Mexico... much better now!!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby chibolo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I know the happier abroader guys will say otherwise but ive heard countless stories about latin america and frankly there is no benefits to going to those hellholes.


You are exaggerating. Yes, there is a lot of crime in most Latin American countries (not all) but that doesn't mean you will get shot or kidnapped the moment you step of the plane. :roll: I lived in Peru for 6 years and nothing ever happened to me (although I do know many Peruvians who got robbed). You just have to stay in the safe areas and take precautions. I love Latin American culture (food, music, etc.) and visiting/living in these countries can be an amazing experience. It isn't just about the women (although those are great too).
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am







Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby drealm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:42 pm

You're not going to out dance Mexican men. Nor are you going to out game them. Nor are your going to dress flashier than them. Mexican men are pure natural born PUA's. So you can't come to Mexico and expect attract women by being a better Mexican. You need to be something different, like a provider. Or a man of integrity.

I've been to Baja California twice and both times I made zero effort to game, dress well or dance.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:40 pm

chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I know the happier abroader guys will say otherwise but ive heard countless stories about latin america and frankly there is no benefits to going to those hellholes.


You are exaggerating. Yes, there is a lot of crime in most Latin American countries (not all) but that doesn't mean you will get shot or kidnapped the moment you step of the plane. :roll: I lived in Peru for 6 years and nothing ever happened to me (although I do know many Peruvians who got robbed). You just have to stay in the safe areas and take precautions. I love Latin American culture (food, music, etc.) and visiting/living in these countries can be an amazing experience. It isn't just about the women (although those are great too).



Brazil and mexico I think are known to be more dangerous but I haven't heard much about peru. Your just supporting my case cause if you know many that got robbed that means it will even be worse elsewhere. Mexico is a rogue state anyone would go there is an idiot.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby chibolo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:52 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I know the happier abroader guys will say otherwise but ive heard countless stories about latin america and frankly there is no benefits to going to those hellholes.


You are exaggerating. Yes, there is a lot of crime in most Latin American countries (not all) but that doesn't mean you will get shot or kidnapped the moment you step of the plane. :roll: I lived in Peru for 6 years and nothing ever happened to me (although I do know many Peruvians who got robbed). You just have to stay in the safe areas and take precautions. I love Latin American culture (food, music, etc.) and visiting/living in these countries can be an amazing experience. It isn't just about the women (although those are great too).



Brazil and mexico I think are more dangerous than peru I dont know much about peru though. Your just supporting my case cause if you know many that got robbed that means it will even be worse elsewhere. Good luck living in a rogue state like mexico. I wouldn't live there if you paid me.


Peru has a lot of robberies, more than Mexico actually, although it doesn't have as many homicides and less drug related violence. But that still doesn't mean it is extremely dangerous to go there. Again, you just have to stay in the safe áreas and be a little careful when taking taxis and things like that. Peru is a very popular tourist destination and hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world visit the country without any problems.

As for Mexico, I think it depends a lot on where you go. Some parts are pretty dangerous others aren't.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:58 pm

chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I know the happier abroader guys will say otherwise but ive heard countless stories about latin america and frankly there is no benefits to going to those hellholes.


You are exaggerating. Yes, there is a lot of crime in most Latin American countries (not all) but that doesn't mean you will get shot or kidnapped the moment you step of the plane. :roll: I lived in Peru for 6 years and nothing ever happened to me (although I do know many Peruvians who got robbed). You just have to stay in the safe areas and take precautions. I love Latin American culture (food, music, etc.) and visiting/living in these countries can be an amazing experience. It isn't just about the women (although those are great too).



Brazil and mexico I think are more dangerous than peru I dont know much about peru though. Your just supporting my case cause if you know many that got robbed that means it will even be worse elsewhere. Good luck living in a rogue state like mexico. I wouldn't live there if you paid me.


Peru has a lot of robberies, more than Mexico actually, although it doesn't have as many homicides and less drug related violence. But that still doesn't mean it is extremely dangerous to go there. Again, you just have to stay in the safe áreas and be a little careful when taking taxis and things like that. Peru is a very popular tourist destination and hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world visit the country without any problems.

As for Mexico, I think it depends a lot on where you go. Some parts are pretty dangerous others aren't.


The problem with you guys saying this is there is no safe place in these countries. mexico is a "rogue state" where business and police are coopted by drug cartels everywhere. And there is massive cartels everywhere. Unless by safe you mean getting on a plane and taking a taxi straight to your gated community and never leaving, but thats not a life I want. I think brazil has the same issue but not sure but I know they have a lot of drug cartels.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby chibolo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:04 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
The problem with you guys saying this is there is no safe place in these countries. mexico is a "rogue state" where business and police are coopted by drug cartels everywhere. And there is massive cartels everywhere. I think brazil has the same issue but not sure but I know they have a lot of drug cartels.


Well, I haven't been to Mexico in 10 years so I can't really say for sure what it is like there, but I doubt it is as bad as you think it is. In some cities it probably is, but not everywhere in Mexico.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 pm

chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
The problem with you guys saying this is there is no safe place in these countries. mexico is a "rogue state" where business and police are coopted by drug cartels everywhere. And there is massive cartels everywhere. I think brazil has the same issue but not sure but I know they have a lot of drug cartels.


Well, I haven't been to Mexico in 10 years so I can't really say for sure what it is like there, but I doubt it is as bad as you think it is. In some cities it probably is, but not everywhere in Mexico.



I wouldn't want to find out :D

BTW what do you think is the issue with the OP? Did you have many long term relationships in Peru?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby chibolo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:42 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
chibolo wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
The problem with you guys saying this is there is no safe place in these countries. mexico is a "rogue state" where business and police are coopted by drug cartels everywhere. And there is massive cartels everywhere. I think brazil has the same issue but not sure but I know they have a lot of drug cartels.


Well, I haven't been to Mexico in 10 years so I can't really say for sure what it is like there, but I doubt it is as bad as you think it is. In some cities it probably is, but not everywhere in Mexico.



I wouldn't want to find out :D

BTW what do you think is the issue with the OP? Did you have many long term relationships in Peru?


I don't really know what the Op's issue is. It seems to me that he did get some positive attention from the women though, he just couldn't turn it into dates (or whatever he is looking for).

I had a serious girlfriend in Peru (met her on LatinAmericanCupid back in 2005). I also received a good amount of attention from other women while I lived there (flirting, compliments, etc.), sometimes even when I was with my girlfriend. Never acted on it though.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby manly5000 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 pm

drealm wrote:You're not going to out dance Mexican men. Nor are you going to out game them. Nor are your going to dress flashier than them. Mexican men are pure natural born PUA's. So you can't come to Mexico and expect attract women by being a better Mexican. You need to be something different, like a provider. Or a man of integrity.

I've been to Baja California twice and both times I made zero effort to game, dress well or dance.


Actually from what I've seen Mexican men dress like slobs compared to me when I go out. Literally all of them wear jeans and a t-shirt to bars, clubs, dinner, etc. I dress up in a nice button-down with colored shirt underneath, dress pants, dress shoes and a matching watch and belt. Mexican women all seem to dress up but not the men. In all 4 cities I've spent time in it's been the exact same story.

As far as dancing goes, I have them beat there too unless you're talking about Salsa, which takes some serious lessons to do well and isn't really that popular in Mexico anyway. But I'm not the average joe when it comes to dancing. I KNOW how to dance and have been doing so for over 20 years, and I danced circles around everyone at the clubs I've been to here so far.

I don't see any guys approaching or gaming women here either, everyone just stays in their little groups socializing no matter where the location or type of venue, so not sure where you got your info from but it appears to be incorrect.
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby drealm » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:34 am

manly5000 wrote:Actually from what I've seen Mexican men dress like slobs compared to me when I go out. Literally all of them wear jeans and a t-shirt to bars, clubs, dinner, etc. I dress up in a nice button-down with colored shirt underneath, dress pants, dress shoes and a matching watch and belt. Mexican women all seem to dress up but not the men. In all 4 cities I've spent time in it's been the exact same story.

As far as dancing goes, I have them beat there too unless you're talking about Salsa, which takes some serious lessons to do well and isn't really that popular in Mexico anyway. But I'm not the average joe when it comes to dancing. I KNOW how to dance and have been doing so for over 20 years, and I danced circles around everyone at the clubs I've been to here so far.

I don't see any guys approaching or gaming women here either, everyone just stays in their little groups socializing no matter where the location or type of venue, so not sure where you got your info from but it appears to be incorrect.


Okay perhaps I'm wrong. You can out dress and out dance most Mexican men.

My main point is you shouldn't try competing with Mexican men. If a Mexican woman wants a man who dresses nice and dances well, she will pick a Mexican man. Why would she pick an American man who imitates Mexican men when she can have any Mexican man in Mexico?

You should offer something different. You should offer something Mexican men can't. Mexican men in Mexico generally are lazy, dishonest, poor and stupid. So instead of trying to compete with being a bad boy, you can either be a provider or a man of higher morality.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby manly5000 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:40 am

drealm wrote:
manly5000 wrote:Actually from what I've seen Mexican men dress like slobs compared to me when I go out. Literally all of them wear jeans and a t-shirt to bars, clubs, dinner, etc. I dress up in a nice button-down with colored shirt underneath, dress pants, dress shoes and a matching watch and belt. Mexican women all seem to dress up but not the men. In all 4 cities I've spent time in it's been the exact same story.

As far as dancing goes, I have them beat there too unless you're talking about Salsa, which takes some serious lessons to do well and isn't really that popular in Mexico anyway. But I'm not the average joe when it comes to dancing. I KNOW how to dance and have been doing so for over 20 years, and I danced circles around everyone at the clubs I've been to here so far.

I don't see any guys approaching or gaming women here either, everyone just stays in their little groups socializing no matter where the location or type of venue, so not sure where you got your info from but it appears to be incorrect.


Okay perhaps I'm wrong. You can out dress and out dance most Mexican men.

My main point is you shouldn't try competing with Mexican men. If a Mexican woman wants a man who dresses nice and dances well, she will pick a Mexican man. Why would she pick an American man who imitates Mexican men when she can have any Mexican man in Mexico?

You should offer something different. You should offer something Mexican men can't. Mexican men in Mexico generally are lazy, dishonest, poor and stupid. So instead of trying to compete with being a bad boy, you can either be a provider or a man of higher morality.


Understood, agreed, and points well taken. Thanks for your input brah.

Simple fact of the matter is that things turned out to be completely different than I had expected with regards to women. I obviously have much more work cut out for me than I thought so I will just have to adapt and overcome so I can succeed in spite of all that. This thread of mine represents the beginning and end of the "whining rant" period of my adventure, so now it's time to press forward!
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby green1976 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:57 am

I'm not surprised about your bad feeling there regarding women.
I was in Panama and women there weren't at all in some way approachable or giving a nice vibe to strangers.
They don't care,they just go to there routine.
The obesity epidemic is rampant.
I didn't felt of course the in your face" i'm better than you because i'm a female" and they seem to be more reliable when they have you as their husband it's true vs the West.

My advantage was because i stayed with the family so of course i can understand that a man can find his way in a serious relationshiph having a social network but that's all.
If i was going there alone it would have been a total disaster.
Also i found women to be on the ugly side and few are really pretty.

From my last trip more than 13 years before..male female interation have changed i reckon.
Before men where a lot more in the hunt..now they are more quiet,women seem to have more power and they don't use this of course to chase men.
It's getting probably more westernized.

Also the population is very indian now,they have a hight birth rate too.
This ethnic group were before in the mountains but now they are everywhere and i point to this fact,as indians in Panama are not at all communicative and the women are very reserved,stay with their kind,almost never smile.

My feeling comparing to Thailand is totally different.
Panama was not bad because i have relatives,so i can make a way to have a daily life,maybe meet a women by relation but as a lonely guy who goes there especially for girls,i can sense how this would end to be a crap.

In Thailand,thanks to the internet and of course the p4p,i still can go alone and enjoy sex or even meeting a nice woman for a relation more freely without the hassle of the Western country or even Panama.
The Philippines is on my plan for sure.

So this trip confirmed what i was thinking before.
Latin America is not for me when looking for a woman and accepting an environment i dislike in general.
It's more violent than SEA,it's a big setback too.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby Taco » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 am

green1976 wrote:The Philippines is on my plan for sure.


That's a good idea. Even with occasional hardships I experienced there its still one of the best countries I've been too.
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby manly5000 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Well guys I decided to do something completely spontaneous -- I struck up a conversation with the girl sitting next to me on the bus and long story short I now have a date tonight. Imagine that LOL.

LOL at me and LOL at this thread. Looks like I've got my night planned, gents... don't wait up! 8)
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:20 am

You are a such an asshole. You took my advice about hitting up a girl on the bus and act like it was your idea you douchebag.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest