Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:18 am

While I agree that foreign women are generally better than most American women, going the foreign route is not the panacea some men would have you believe.

I just returned from the Philippines a couple of days ago, and my experiences there were not what I was promised.

First of all, there is a myth that Philippine women like much older men. That is not true at all. Virtually all the young, middle class Philippine women I saw walking around in the malls were coupled up with young Philippine men. What does that tell you?
Secondly, unless you are super-attractive, with a chiseled face and strong jawline, women in the Philippines will avoid eye contact with you. They may not be arrogant and bitchy about it, like American women are. They may not have the stuck up attitude, but make no mistake about it, they will still let you know that they don't find you attractive.

So, in conclusion, if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly in the Philippines. There is no salvation in escaping to some Third World country on the other side of the world. You cannot buy love, not even in the Philippines. You can only buy sex and pseudo-romance. If that's what you want, fine. But don't delude yourself that you can circumvent nature's paradigm by simply traveling to a non feminist country. You will be very disillusioned. I myself felt very lonely and isolated in the Philippines. It is a terrible country to meet women. You can't even make friends there. I guess MGTOW and ghosting is the only way.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:How long were you there? Did you day game or do dating sites? Going to bars doesn't count cause those women are professionals. Going to angeles city doesn't count cause those women know the score.

Yes I felt isolated and alone too in philippines when i didn't have a girl with me. Its a very lonely place. at least in america its my own culture and i dont feel alone but man in phil if your alone in your hotel it gets creepy. I guess it feels liket hat anywhere in asia if you travel alone. Im not in a hurry to travel anytime soon cause im not even sure ill find the wife i really want and i can't afford to travel anyways so i dont want to burn up my precious money. Id like to do other things though like visit christian churches thats probably a better idea but i dont want to blow through money just to do that either if im hurting for money.

I agree even at 30 i never got the kind of attention that would be considered rock star status (mind you i never really tried but it would be obvious right away if it were true). then again im ugly. LOL


I was there for 8 nights, and I did not do dating sites. I went there cold.

I did not 'game' anyone because it was clear to me that the women there just weren't interested in me. They showed no indication at all they they found me attractive. If they did, they would not behave the way they did. I know what a girl acts like when she's attracted to me, and no girl was acting like that.

That said, I must stress that Philippine women are still much more humble than American women. They don't have the mean-spirited attitude, and they don't take pleasure in rejecting men, like American women do. They just avoid looking at you if they don't find you appealing, which is fair enough. I only wish that all these idiot men would not rant and rave so much about Philippine women in forums. It's very misleading.

And, yes, I agree that sitting in your hotel alone in a foreign country is very lonely and depressing. It was even more depressing that I rented a suite in ABC hotel in Angeles City, costing me $250 a night.
By the way, I also went all over Manila, Olongapo, and Bario Barretto/Baloy Beach.
Last edited by globe-trotter on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:00 am

Ive had some girls look at me in a flirtatious way but i look young despite being ugly. but these girls were not top tier girls.

why did you blow 250 a night on a suite? LOL did you bring bargirls back what was your agenda? It seems like you went there with no real plan which is just pointless.

How come you didn't listen to me? How many times have I said all this stuff and you didn't listen? LOL

Its depressing even in a cheap hotel LOL if im alone in america i wouldn't feel half as bad. I think its cause your halfway around the world and your spending money to meet women which just makes it seem extremely lonely. Thats why if i ever travel again im going to india where i can do other things besides chase women like visit christian churches and sight see. You can't make traveling about chasing women not even philippines. you gotta have other goals in mind. Now mind you i have awesome memories of philippines cause i turned 2 girls into live ins which is more than what most can say in phil for a guy who only been there a total of 1 year where most of it was living with a long term girl. but with that said its a failure in the end cause i didn't get the girls i REALLY wanted in terms of looks or quality.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Ive had some girls look at me in a flirtatious way but i look young despite being ugly. but these girls were not top tier girls.

why did you blow 250 a night on a suite? LOL did you bring bargirls back what was your agenda? It seems like you went there with no real plan which is just pointless.

How come you didn't listen to me? How many times have I said all this stuff and you didn't listen? LOL

Its depressing even in a cheap hotel LOL if im alone in america i wouldn't feel half as bad. I think its cause your halfway around the world and your spending money to meet women which just makes it seem extremely lonely. Thats why if i ever travel again im going to india where i can do other things besides chase women like visit christian churches and sight see. You can't make traveling about chasing women not even philippines. you gotta have other goals in mind. Now mind you i have awesome memories of philippines cause i turned 2 girls into live ins which is more than what most can say in phil for a guy who only been there a total of 1 year where most of it was living with a long term girl. but with that said its a failure in the end cause i didn't get the girls i REALLY wanted in terms of looks or quality.


Oh, shit, I didn't realize you gave me this advice on a different thread before LOL. Sorry.
My agenda initially was to f**k prostitutes. But I didn't see anyone in the bars who really turned me on. Lots of pretty prostitutes around, but none I was actually attracted to. I dunno, there is something about prostitutes that I just can't seem to get into.
I saw a few girls in the malls in Angeles and Manila that I really wanted. I also saw one hot girl from my hotel window in Angeles. Bummer.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 am

globe-trotter wrote:I was there for 8 nights.
I get your points but come on man that's nothing.
We'd all love for women to jump us instantly but there might be other factors.

I don't know i consider myself a "6-7" but would think "8"'s would be doable for me over there. Maybe if you're "5" you should really settle for 6's or something i don't know. Couldn't it be that they're shy or something? I'd like to hear taco and mr.s on this please.

globe-trotter wrote:costing me $250 a night.
Whaaat? why on earth would you do that? I know some of you aren't interested in sex but i would've blown it in girls instead, $50 hotel and $200 foursomes or something every night lol.

How old are you? how do you look like?
Thanks for sharing your experience though.
Last edited by droid on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:16 am

globe-trotter wrote:I saw a few girls in the malls in Angeles and Manila that I really wanted. I also saw one hot girl from my hotel window in Angeles. Bummer.

IMO malls are not places you should be in looking for women, all you're doing is immersing yourself into a portal to america, no matter where in the world. Just as such places are pre-packaged and cloned, so are the attitudes/mindset of the women that go there.
It seems you didn't have much of a plan like newlife stated.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby starchild5 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:18 am

LOL..You were just there for 8 days and did not even meet many girls....

Let see..You did not do dating sites nor did gaming....What were you expecting man...Just land in Philippines and girls will fall into your lap....I don't know from which world you come from...let me guess...From America right....

I'm from India, curry smell, stingy, 5-6 loan shark, third world, not the best looking guy as Indian naturally are not build to kill in looks.

I have been visiting, living in Philippines since 2006 and every-time I go to Philippines I absolutely have wonderful time. I never had any of the issues that American's face once they get out of their delusional space called America.

I think you are joking here and testing our sanity...What did you expect....The girls will just fall for you...even if you don't try....I'm just confused and scratching my brain cells as to what you really mean.

You didn't do anything in Philippines...Your post has a vibe of absolute loser from America...Even a guy like me born in a third world country can't match up to what some of Americans expect from the world

Why are you damaging the reputation of Philippines with your loser attitude...I know I sound retarded now...Thanks....

Guys...Do yourself a favor....If you ever want to get laid and have happiness in Philippines DO NOT EVER listen to an American. They really do have major issues...They are the reverse of American women...They have this Princely Attitude like the OP....Common...Really....He did not absolutely do anything like a normal human being to have a good time in Philippines.
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:27 am

Whaaat? why on earth would you do that? I know some of you aren't interested in sex but i would've blown it in girls instead, $50 hotel and $200 foursomes or something every night lol.

How old are you? how do you look like?
Thanks for sharing your experience though.


I'm 45.
Actually, I'm normally good looking. I get lots of stares in America. But I have a strange problem with my face and body becoming bloated. I don't know if it's some kind of allergic reaction, but It totally distorts my features and causes me to morph from an attractive, youthful-looking guy into a barely average, middle-aged guy. It's like a Jekyll and Hyde effect. I don't know if you can relate to this. I had this bloating problem the whole time I was in the Philis, for some reason. It must have been the air or the food.

I splurged on a suite because I thought I'd have a blast there. I figured, what the hell, I'll only live once (that's the moto of ABC Hotel, actually!).
Last edited by globe-trotter on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:28 am

droid wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I saw a few girls in the malls in Angeles and Manila that I really wanted. I also saw one hot girl from my hotel window in Angeles. Bummer.

IMO malls are not places you should be in looking for women, all you're doing is immersing yourself into a portal to america, no matter where in the world. Just as such places are pre-packaged and cloned, so are the attitudes/mindset of the women that go there.
It seems you didn't have much of a plan like newlife stated.


Good observation.

Actually, I did have a plan, but it went awry, unfortunately.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 am

starchild5 wrote:LOL..You were just there for 8 days and did not even meet many girls....

Let see..You did not do dating sites nor did gaming....What were you expecting man...Just land in Philippines and girls will fall into your lap....I don't know from which world you come from...let me guess...From America right....

I'm from India, curry smell, stingy, 5-6 loan shark, third world, not the best looking guy as Indian naturally are not build to kill in looks.

I have been visiting, living in Philippines since 2006 and every-time I go to Philippines I absolutely have wonderful time. I never had any of the issues that American's face once they get out of their delusional space called America.

I think you are joking here and testing our sanity...What did you expect....The girls will just fall for you...even if you don't try....I'm just confused and scratching my brain cells as to what you really mean.

You didn't do anything in Philippines...Your post has a vibe of absolute loser from America...Even a guy like me born in a third world country can't match up to what some of Americans expect from the world

Why are you damaging the reputation of Philippines with your loser attitude...I know I sound retarded now...Thanks....

Guys...Do yourself a favor....If you ever want to get laid and have happiness in Philippines DO NOT EVER listen to an American. They really do have major issues...They are the reverse of American women...They have this Princely Attitude like the OP....Common...Really....He did not absolutely do anything like a normal human being to have a good time in Philippines.


If I have to do 'gaming' and other crap in the Philippines, then there's no need for me to go there, as I can do that here. The whole point of coming to the other side of the world was to circumvent this garbage, and be surrounded by a more benign environment.
Yes, based on the rants and raves I've read about everywhere, I did expect for women to easily come my way. That' was the whole point of going to the Philippines. If it's going to be just as hard as in America, why bother??
Last edited by globe-trotter on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 am

globe-trotter wrote:
Whaaat? why on earth would you do that? I know some of you aren't interested in sex but i would've blown it in girls instead, $50 hotel and $200 foursomes or something every night lol.

How old are you? how do you look like?
Thanks for sharing your experience though.


I'm 45.
Actually, I'm normally good looking. I get lots of stares in America. But I have a strange problem with my face and body becoming bloated. I don't know if it's some kind of allergic reaction, but It totally distorts my features and causes me to morph from an attractive, youthful-looking guy into a barely average, middle-aged guy. It's like a Jekyll and Hyde effect. I don't know if you can relate to this. I had this bloating problem the whole time I was in the Philis, for some reason. It must have been the air or the food.

I splurged on a suite because I thought I'd have a blast there. I figured, what the hell, I'll only live once (that's the moto of ABC Hotel, actually!).

Ok nooowww we're getting some context here. That probably f*ks with your confidence to say the least.
Excuse me if I state the obvious but have you seen a doctor? this is the root cause of your problems apparently, don't misdirect your energies.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:39 am

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Ive had some girls look at me in a flirtatious way but i look young despite being ugly. but these girls were not top tier girls.

why did you blow 250 a night on a suite? LOL did you bring bargirls back what was your agenda? It seems like you went there with no real plan which is just pointless.

How come you didn't listen to me? How many times have I said all this stuff and you didn't listen? LOL

Its depressing even in a cheap hotel LOL if im alone in america i wouldn't feel half as bad. I think its cause your halfway around the world and your spending money to meet women which just makes it seem extremely lonely. Thats why if i ever travel again im going to india where i can do other things besides chase women like visit christian churches and sight see. You can't make traveling about chasing women not even philippines. you gotta have other goals in mind. Now mind you i have awesome memories of philippines cause i turned 2 girls into live ins which is more than what most can say in phil for a guy who only been there a total of 1 year where most of it was living with a long term girl. but with that said its a failure in the end cause i didn't get the girls i REALLY wanted in terms of looks or quality.


Oh, shit, I didn't realize you gave me this advice on a different thread before LOL. Sorry.
My agenda initially was to f**k prostitutes. But I didn't see anyone in the bars who really turned me on. Lots of pretty prostitutes around, but none I was actually attracted to. I dunno, there is something about prostitutes that I just can't seem to get into.
I saw a few girls in the malls in Angeles and Manila that I really wanted. I also saw one hot girl from my hotel window in Angeles. Bummer.



i take that back there was a pretty waitress in margarita station that would look at me and she smiled outside the restaraunt when i walked by. and there were hotel workers in angeles that smiled a lot and were friendly. That was angeles the only city though i felt the women payed attention. That could just mean though they were so used to foreigners and open but its also why I said angeles city doesn't count. I think taht waitress girl would have been a decent girl but i never talked to her. Maybe she would have scammed me who knows but i thinky ou were overly negative cause 8 days is way too short of a time and im far ugly and even i got a few looks from attractive girls. but it definitely wasn't anywhere near what i had hoped making me think those exceptions were of shady women LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:41 am

droid wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
Whaaat? why on earth would you do that? I know some of you aren't interested in sex but i would've blown it in girls instead, $50 hotel and $200 foursomes or something every night lol.

How old are you? how do you look like?
Thanks for sharing your experience though.


I'm 45.
Actually, I'm normally good looking. I get lots of stares in America. But I have a strange problem with my face and body becoming bloated. I don't know if it's some kind of allergic reaction, but It totally distorts my features and causes me to morph from an attractive, youthful-looking guy into a barely average, middle-aged guy. It's like a Jekyll and Hyde effect. I don't know if you can relate to this. I had this bloating problem the whole time I was in the Philis, for some reason. It must have been the air or the food.

I splurged on a suite because I thought I'd have a blast there. I figured, what the hell, I'll only live once (that's the moto of ABC Hotel, actually!).

Ok nooowww we're getting some context here. That probably f*ks with your confidence to say the least.
Excuse me if I state the obvious but have you seen a doctor? this is the root cause of your problems apparently, don't misdirect your energies.


I'm glad you understood my problem. Most less insightful guys would have just rolled their eyes and not understood what I meant.
No, I haven't seen a doctor about this. I never thought it was a real medical problem. Maybe just a sensitivity to certain food and other things I can't put my finger on.
Also, don't get me wrong. I don't suddenly morph into a monster. The bloating effect is rather subtle, but it's makes the difference between girls staring and smiling at me, and girls avoiding eye contact with me. I feel I would come off as a delusional loon if I tried explaining this to a doctor. He/she would probably just pat me on my head, tell me that I'll be alright, and send me on my way.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:46 am

The bloating effect is rather subtle, but it's makes the difference between girls staring and smiling at me, and girls avoiding eye contact with me

You probably hit some uncanny-valley effect. Or it could be just in your head as it f*ks with your confidence like i said. Heck sometimes i feel like crap in the wrong jacket, let alone something like this.

globe-trotter wrote:I feel I would come off as a delusional loon if I tried explaining this to a doctor

WTF? how many years have you gone without addressing it?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 am

i thinky ou were overly negative cause 8 days is way too short of a time and im far ugly and even i got a few looks from attractive girls.


I respectfully disagree.
When I am not bloated, women are very aggressive in pursuing me. It actually creeps me out. This happens immediately. It doesn't take 8 days.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Next

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest