Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:so when your bloating in america no one thinks your attractive? so you got the same exact attention as in philippines? really no girls smiled or seemed interested? When i talk to girls there very casually they are very shy and some are very smily and all and they seem like that way with everyone so its hard to know if they like you or just being polite.

Yes, that's right. When I am bloated in America, NO girls (and I mean ZERO, 100% of girls--even the ugly ones) make eye contact with me, or show even the slightest hint that they like me. It is a poignant taste of what an average-looking man must deal with on a daily basis.
The only time girls were interested in me in the Philippines was when my bloating temporarily subsided. Then I got so much attention that I wish you all were flies on my shoulder to witness it, so that you know I am being totally honest with you. But I get the same level of attention in America (when I'm not bloated), so nothing special or unique about the Philippines in this regard.
But, as I stated in an earlier post, there were only 2 girls I saw in the Philippines that I actually wanted to have sex with, but I had no access to them (one was with another guy. One was working in the mall & showed no signs of interest in me).
There were plenty of attractive girls in the Philis, but only 2 girls I was attracted to. I'm sorry if this sounds crazy, but that's how it went down.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

take a picture without part of your face of your bloating cause i think its nonsense talk personally.

why were only 2 you were attracted to? Even with my high standards there is plenty i would be attracted too.

i remember a couple trips ago some girl with braces and cute was smiling at me in the cebu area outside the ticket place of manila airport. Its rare but sometimes yuo get some girl that looks at you like a GOd. I was in a rush to go to cebu but its those encounters however uncommon they are that tell me that day game for even a loser like me is probably possible. id never get such attention in america. I think i probably could get a girl by accident in philippines that is hot but it wouldn't come easy and id have to be going out about my daily life until it happens. Im not the type though that wants to plop into a foreign country and waste my hard earned money so i can accidentally on a whim run into some girl. and just cause im attracted to her doesn't mean much cause she could be a scammer or just want to use me as a meal ticket or she could be a lousy lay or not my religion (which is almost ever filipina), or be a complete retard. So its not easy even if you are there for a few months in my opinion. thats why im kind of scared to go back to the philippines cause it really has nothing else to offer there is not sights to see and nothing to learn at this point. I may just go back so i can use it as a platform to visit other countries since there is so many close by.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:45 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:take a picture without part of your face of your bloating cause i think its nonsense talk personally.

why were only 2 you were attracted to? Even with my high standards there is plenty i would be attracted too.

i remember a couple trips ago some girl with braces and cute was smiling at me in the cebu area outside the ticket place of manila airport. Its rare but sometimes yuo get some girl that looks at you like a GOd. I was in a rush to go to cebu but its those encounters however uncommon they are that tell me that day game for even a loser like me is probably possible. id never get such attention in america. I think i probably could get a girl by accident in philippines that is hot but it wouldn't come easy and id have to be going out about my daily life until it happens. Im not the type though that wants to plop into a foreign country and waste my hard earned money so i can accidentally on a whim run into some girl. and just cause im attracted to her doesn't mean much cause she could be a scammer or just want to use me as a meal ticket or she could be a lousy lay or not my religion (which is almost ever filipina), or be a complete retard. So its not easy even if you are there for a few months in my opinion. thats why im kind of scared to go back to the philippines cause it really has nothing else to offer there is not sights to see and nothing to learn at this point. I may just go back so i can use it as a platform to visit other countries since there is so many close by.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:why were only 2 you were attracted to? Even with my high standards there is plenty i would be attracted too.

I can't answer this, as I'm not in control of who I'm attracted to. It's an instinctive reaction.

newlifeinphilippines wrote:take a picture without part of your face of your bloating cause i think its nonsense talk personally.

I'm not going to even get into this debate. It's beneath me. No one is going to refute what has literally taken me decades to figure out.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Your either a troll or nuts then cause none of this thread makes sense.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:59 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Your either a troll or nuts then cause none of this thread makes sense.

Believe what you want, but I am not going to get into debates about things I am light-years ahead of everyone else on. No one comes even remotely close to me in understanding my bloating problem and how it affects the reaction I get from women because of it.
My other issues (sex, intimacy) are fair game for criticism and debate.
Last edited by globe-trotter on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Your either a troll or nuts then cause none of this thread makes sense.

Believe what you want, but I am not going to get into debates about things I am light-years ahead of everyone else on. No one comes even remotely close to understanding my bloating problem and how it affects the reaction I get from women because of it.

"light years ahead" yet you wont even post a picture. I was just curious to know what your face looked like (without giving too much away) that would make the bloating so bad that suddenly you become unnattractive enough to notice a difference. Perhaps that could be your imagination and your afraid to know that.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:21 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:

Believe what you want, but I am not going to get into debates about things I am light-years ahead of everyone else on. No one comes even remotely close to understanding my bloating problem and how it affects the reaction I get from women because of it.

"light years ahead" yet you wont even post a picture. I was just curious to know what your face looked like (without giving too much away) that would make the bloating so bad that suddenly you become unnattractive enough to notice a difference. Perhaps that could be your imagination and your afraid to know that.

I am not going to reveal my face because of the sensitive nature of this discussion (not that I have pictures readily available of me that illustrates what I'm talking about, anyway).
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
droid wrote:
Jester wrote:This thread now gets a -10 and I suggest we start a special "Hall of Shame" forum where we can move creepy threads like this one.

There is some entertainment value on threads like this. :D
The only thing I have a problem with is that it can be very misleading mostly because of the title, and negatively affect guys in need. Some may not read to the part where it's finally inferred that the place wasn't the problem.

I think the title of this thread is actually quite accurate. I never stated that there is something wrong with the Philippines at all. I only made a sobering assessment of what the real Philippines is actually like, not what giddy Westerners want you to believe it is like. Thus, 'Not What It's Cracked Up to Be' refers to the often misleading reviews regarding this country, and what one can realistically expect instead. If anything, the title is a heads-up to newcomers in the Philippines to adjust their bloated expectations, so they don't end up disappointed. It is a service to them.
I do have personal issues regarding sex and intimacy, but these issues are quite distinct from my experiences in the Philippines. They're two different things.

Bs, you had a bloated face, so your assessment doesn't count. If your un-bloated self gets tons of looks in the states, it only means you look great already and it can't get much better in the islands. If your bloated self was ignored it's purely subjective since we don't know -and you refuse to show- how bad it is.

The important point is that for normal guys that don't get much attention in the states, there is great potential. It is those guys that the title and OP mislead, as you didn't give all the information outright. I'm not out to defend the PH as I haven't been there, but accuracy/completeness of information.

Everybody, including you, is now sidetracking with the intimacy issues, which are irrelevant here.
Last edited by droid on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Im declaring this guy a troll in the sense that he doesn't realize he is a troll and its more like he is trolling himself than us.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Im declaring this guy a troll in the sense that he doesn't realize he is a troll and its more like he is trolling himself than us.

Sigh. This "troll" label is so overused these days.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby lasttry » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 pm

He doesn't want really want sex with real women, but he can't accept this fact about himself for some reason. That's the underlying reason for his behavior. If he could accept this fact, he'd just stick to masturbation.

There's actually a lot of men like that nowadays, part of the herbivore/MGTOW trend. I'm in that category, though not so extreme as the OP, since I've had numerous real girlfriends, including one just last year.

Title of this thread should be changed to "The Phillipines: Not a good place for herbivores who can't accept themselves as herbivores"
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Im declaring this guy a troll in the sense that he doesn't realize he is a troll and its more like he is trolling himself than us.

Sigh. This "troll" label is so overused these days.

I dont call people on forums trolls but I agree thats why I said you were trolling yourself/mind.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm

lasttry wrote:He doesn't want really want sex with real women, but he can't accept this fact about himself for some reason. That's the underlying reason for his behavior. If he could accept this fact, he'd just stick to masturbation.

There's actually a lot of men like that nowadays, part of the herbivore/MGTOW trend. I'm in that category, though not so extreme as the OP, since I've had numerous real girlfriends, including one just last year.

Title of this thread should be changed to "The Phillipines: Not a good place for herbivores who can't accept themselves as herbivores"

I agree. And throw in an imaginary bloat condition and the fact he loves to be in luxurious hotels and cuisines and gawking at women in bars and running to the tourist spots in philippines for no reason this whole experiment is bizarre.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
Jester wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
Is it quackery, or legitimately effective? Sounds kind of like those subliminal cassettes I used to listen to years ago. Oops! There I go again....

Indeed you do.

Typical hyper-Winstonian idiocy.

I told you to google it.

Instead you stand around with your thumb up your a**, asking another goddam question.

f***ing do what I said.

I did google it, and there was a lot of criticism written about these homeopathic remedies, basically stating that it's overpriced snake oil. That's why I made the negative comment.

I sent you to look for a PRACTITIONER, not for idiot critics.

There are people who will make you a custom remedy bottle for FORTY DOLLARS plus shipping. Just how the f**k is that "overpriced"?

You can lead a horse to water...............

...............but it's no use trying to help a total shithead.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories