Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 pm

<sarcasm>
The PH: not what it's cracked up to be.
If you don't have "game" in the states, you won't have "game" abroad.

</sarcasm>
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:21 pm

LMAO droid.

I dont believe his bloating condition. Everything is in his head just like his intimacy issues.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby lasttry » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:27 pm

I actually believe this guy might have women chasing after when he isn't "bloated" (LOL). And he probably drives them as crazy with his wishy-washiness and argumentativeness about everything as he's driven Jester.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:29 pm

I hope i didn't cross the line with that, hopefully we're talking about temporary/curable conditions here.

that's Bear Grylls by the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03wzwBiJbE
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:37 pm

droid wrote:I hope i didn't cross the line with that, hopefully we're talking about temporary/curable conditions here.

Hes even admitted the psychologiest would think he is a loon/imagination.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Doofus OP posted the same thing on Roosh. Two days later he has been banned from Roosh and is hosting an 11 page thread on HA.

That says a lot.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Hes even admitted the psychologiest would think he is a loon/imagination.
+1
Devil Dog wrote:Doofus OP posted the same thing on Roosh. Two days later he has been banned from Roosh and is hosting an 11 page thread on HA.
That says a lot.

Hahaha lol :lol:
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby lasttry » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 am

Devil Dog wrote:Doofus OP posted the same thing on Roosh. Two days later he has been banned from Roosh and is hosting an 11 page thread on HA.

That says a lot.

Says RVF is as uptight and humorless as a convention of feminists, and as intolerant of unconventionality as junior highschool girls, and that HA is the opposite.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:10 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
droid wrote:I hope i didn't cross the line with that, hopefully we're talking about temporary/curable conditions here.

Hes even admitted the psychologiest would think he is a loon/imagination.

I didn't say my psychiatrist, I said my dermatologist.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 am

same thing. They wouldn't believe you cause its in your head maybe like your other problems. Just get out of your head, marry a girl and youll be happy. You think way too much.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:20 am

droid wrote:The important point is that for normal guys that don't get much attention in the states, there is great potential. It is those guys that the title and OP mislead, as you didn't give all the information outright. I'm not out to defend the PH as I haven't been there, but accuracy/completeness of information.

That was exactly my whole point of starting this thread. It was to point out that if you're an average-looking guy who gets no attention here, the same will be true in the Philippines. You will not be a rock star in the Philippines unless you are one in America. Thirty years ago, it might have been a different story.

You know, I'm starting to wonder, how many of the guys here who--in typical tribal fashion--have turned this thread into a dissing contest against me have actually been to the Philippines?
Last edited by globe-trotter on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:25 am

globe-trotter wrote:
droid wrote:The important point is that for normal guys that don't get much attention in the states, there is great potential. It is those guys that the title and OP mislead, as you didn't give all the information outright. I'm not out to defend the PH as I haven't been there, but accuracy/completeness of information.

That was exactly my whole point of starting this thread. It was to point out that if you're an average-looking guy who gets no attention here, the same will be true in the Philippines. You will not be a rock star in the Philippines unless you are one in America. Thirty years ago, it might have been a different story.

You know, I'm starting to wonder, how many of the guys here who--in typical tribal fashion--have turned this thread into a dissing contest against me have actually been in the Philippines?

and i will say you are correct. Ive had smiling cute girls etc. attention i never would have in america BUT youd still have to ask them for a date and number or you still have to approach women. which for me is actually not easy cause im not confident. and im sure many times things wouldn't work out or she shoot you down or wind up being a scammer or wahtever. so it does take work.

Hell id go to church there (baptist) and the women there weren't very talkative i was a bit surprised. well except one at some other church but i was with my bargirl at the time so that made it easier for her to approach us. but by and large even settling into a church isnt' that easy there.

its not like you walk up to any woman and she goes straight to your room LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:its not like you walk up to any woman and she goes straight to your room LOL

Yes, exactly. But you would never know this about the Philippines by listening to the giddy ravings of idiot expats who would have you believe that the moment you step off the plane, women will be swooning and fainting at the sight of you.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:00 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:same thing. They wouldn't believe you cause its in your head maybe like your other problems. Just get out of your head, marry a girl and youll be happy. You think way too much.

I knew it was a huge mistake to bring up something that's completely over everyone's head here. But I know one group of people who know exactly what I'm talking about: bodybuilders. They know about issues such as bloating, holding water, "carb loading", etc. It's critical for them to control these issues before going onstage for competitions. What I talk about might sound crazy and esoteric here, but it's common knowledge among bodybuilders.

So, just as bodybuilders are aware of bloating, and how it affects their appearance onstage & the reaction from the judges, I, too, am aware of how bloating affects my appearance & the reaction from the judges (women). It's not that far-fetched as you all might think. It's the same principle.

But let's forget that I ever mentioned my bloating issue, OK? It's too technical for laypeople to understand, and will only create controversy and ridicule. Let's stick to my original point, which was that the Philippines is a nice country, but it is not a place where you will become a rock star overnight by virtue of being a Westerner (despite what many men claim). Believe it or not, this is the only point I have been trying to get across, and we're on the 11th page now....
Last edited by globe-trotter on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 am

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:same thing. They wouldn't believe you cause its in your head maybe like your other problems. Just get out of your head, marry a girl and youll be happy. You think way too much.

I knew it was a huge mistake to bring up something that's completely over everyone's head here. But I know one group of people who know exactly what I'm talking about: bodybuilders. They know about issues such as bloating, holding water, "carb loading", etc. It's critical to control these issues before going onstage for competitions. What I talk about might sound crazy and esoteric here, but it's common knowledge among bodybuilders.

So, just as bodybuilders are aware of bloating, and how it affects their appearance onstage & the reaction from the judges, I, too, am aware of how bloating affects my appearance & the reaction from the judges (women). It's not that far-fetched as you all might think. It's the same principle.

But let's forget that I ever mentioned my bloating issue, OK? It's too technical for laypeople to understand, and will only create controversy and ridicule. Let's stick to my original point, which was that the Philippines is a nice country, but it is not a place where you will become a rock star by virtue of being a Westerner. Believe it or not, this is the only point I have been trying to get across, and we're on the 11th page now....

well then that shows you how much you know cause im well versed in bodybuilding i used to be hardcore into that stuff. I spent years on those forums LOL. Nice try. its all in your head.

but I do agree with the general jist of your original post. But i think you exaggerated that even a bit. cause ive certainly gotten some attetenion but it was nothing like what winston or will n dowd implied and its usually by the darker or less attractive girls which left me dissapointed. Th e girls i really want with big breasts or light skin and pretty generally wont even give you eye contact. although in angeles some of those girls are friendly and could be datable i found the girlst here very friendly maybe its cause they are used to foreigners. maybe thats the place to find a girlfriend if they aren't working in a bar.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories