Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:35 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Its too bad this thread and posters weren't here 4 years ago. It would have cleared up the myths that we still have today. Even I fell for those myths because there weren't threads like this a couple years ago.


Thank you for finally being the lonely voice of reason (you and I) in a madhouse.
Last edited by globe-trotter on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:36 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
droid wrote:
Globe-Trotter wrote:That was exactly my whole point of starting this thread. It was to point out that if you're an average-looking guy who gets no attention here, the same will be true in the Philippines. You will not be a rock star in the Philippines unless you are one in America. Thirty years ago, it might have been a different story.

God damn it how many logical fallacies do you like to engage in? You a had a bloated face that's bad enough to turn women off in general, you've said yourself, so how can you judge a place for their reaction? Don't you see the contradiction? you state that you don't look like a monster but simultaneously say that they even avoid looking at you.

So what is it? you either really have a condition that's bad enough to repel women, in which case the place is not at fault; or it really is only in your head and the place sucks. But you can't have both.

Globe-Trotter wrote:But let's forget that I ever mentioned my bloating issue, OK? It's too technical for laypeople to understand,

No, again, it's key to the issue at hand; read above. Why couldn't you have kindly stated it on the OP/title? unless your intention was to mislead.

Globe-Trotter wrote:Finally, I don't have to be an "expert" to tell you that the Philippines is not what many people claim it is.

pfff
</thread>


Don't bother. He literally said in an earlier post (scroll up if you don't believe me) that he expected women to come to him, because that's what he believed would happen. He never once talked to any women, and he never approached them during his entire stay. Needless to say, he did not get laid and therefore believes his trip to have been a failure.

He should re-name the thread "The Philippines: Sexy Young Things Won't Magically Trip And Fall On Your Dick, or; The Story Of How My Dreams Of Being A Slayer Without Lifting A Finger Were Crushed".


Again, the reason I bothered to travel to the other side of the world was because of the widespread, exaggerated testimonials of men who claimed that the Philippines is different than virtually anywhere else.
They assured me that I would not have to 'game' there. They said that women would come to me if I am shy (which I am). They claimed that, by virtue of being an American, I would be treated like a celebrity & as a result, I would get over my anxiety with women.
None of these things were true, and here you come along and continue to drill the point that I was supposed to 'game' women, which I am not good at doing at all. I didn't need to shlep all the way to the Philippines to 'game' women. I could have done this in America. The whole point of going there was to circumvent the 'gaming' paradigm. I hope this clears it up for you once and for all.


Did you ever read my posts on this forum? Did you ever read Marcos? We have hundreds of posts and nowhere did we say what you believe. Methinks you were reading too many roosh and naughty nomad threads. And if you were then you deserve failure cause those guys are PUA douchebags with high school mentality.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm

globe-trotter wrote:Again, the reason I bothered to travel to the other side of the world was because of the widespread, exaggerated testimonials of men who claimed that the Philippines is different than virtually anywhere else.
They assured me that I would not have to 'game' there. They said that women would come to me if I am shy (which I am). They claimed that, by virtue of being an American, I would be treated like a celebrity & as a result, I would get over my anxiety with women.
None of these things were true, and here you come along and continue to drill the point that I was supposed to 'game' women, which I am not good at doing at all. I didn't need to shlep all the way to the Philippines to 'game' women. I could have done this in America. The whole point of going there was to circumvent the 'gaming' paradigm.


You fool! Talking to a girl isn't bloody "gaming", it's just talking. And girls in the Philippines are easier to approach and talk to then American girls, when you are a middle aged American dude. That's the whole point of what Winston and others have been saying all this time. Nothing more, nothing less. In the end it all boils down to this... you talk to a girl in America, chances are she will reject you. Talk to one in the Philippines, and she is a lot more likely to end up f***ing you. That's all. Nothing more to it.

You could get ever your shyness by interacting with Filipina's. How scary can five feet tall Asian chicks be? Just bloody talk to them and see where it takes you. This really isn't rocket science. It's like you are purposely setting yourself up to fail, or looking for excuses not to take action. Jesus Christ... :?
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby Jester » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote: It's like you are purposely setting yourself up to fail, or looking for excuses not to take action.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:40 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Did you ever read my posts on this forum? Did you ever read Marcos? We have hundreds of posts and nowhere did we say what you believe. Methinks you were reading too many roosh and naughty nomad threads. And if you were then you deserve failure cause those guys are PUA douchebags with high school mentality.


On this we can definitely agree. It was 100% my fault for not consulting with HA more. Instead, I frequented charlatan sites that told me what I wanted to hear.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby davewe » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:41 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Its too bad this thread and posters weren't here 4 years ago. It would have cleared up the myths that we still have today. Even I fell for those myths because there weren't threads like this a couple years ago.


No need to treat this dude like he's a f***ing one-man Myth Busters, all he "proved" was that if you go to a country and take zero effort to meet ladies, you will not get laid. Hardly a Nobel Prize worthy discovery.

The entire thread dismisses the Philippines as p***y paradise based solely on the ridiculous notion that "someone" told OP that women would throw themselves at him, and this did not happen. He put zero effort into the endeavour and ended up unsuccessful (surprise, surprise!), then blamed it on his shyness and "bloated skin" rather then his complete and utter lack of action. This thread is pathetic, and there's no defending it.



Yeah but what i mean is 4 years ago if you look back all there was was Winston posting photos of russia and angeles saying how miraculous the girls were and then Will N Dowds famous I was a God in the philippines. There were no one giving opposing views. Now its a more realistic. I just wish there were more negative opinions a few years ago so I would have known better. Even after going there i still had the myths of will n dowd and Winston in my head. It took a long time to get over those myths even after going there because of the picture painted by others.


Actually, there were many people with negative or opposing views way back when. Not sure about 4 years ago, but certainly 3+ years ago when I joined HA. Some of the core long term members on HA were not/are not Philippines fans and disliked the country, the women, the food, etc. After I first went and posted a trip report or two I was surprised at the negative responses. So while I continue to be generally positive about PI, there are stories I simply don't report. Not everyone is as positive as the OP claims. Hell, go to a Philippines-based forum like Living in Cebu and you will hear many of the expats slam the place.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Its too bad this thread and posters weren't here 4 years ago. It would have cleared up the myths that we still have today. Even I fell for those myths because there weren't threads like this a couple years ago.


No need to treat this dude like he's a f***ing one-man Myth Busters, all he "proved" was that if you go to a country and take zero effort to meet ladies, you will not get laid. Hardly a Nobel Prize worthy discovery.

The entire thread dismisses the Philippines as p***y paradise based solely on the ridiculous notion that "someone" told OP that women would throw themselves at him, and this did not happen. He put zero effort into the endeavour and ended up unsuccessful (surprise, surprise!), then blamed it on his shyness and "bloated skin" rather then his complete and utter lack of action. This thread is pathetic, and there's no defending it.



Yeah but what i mean is 4 years ago if you look back all there was was Winston posting photos of russia and angeles saying how miraculous the girls were and then Will N Dowds famous I was a God in the philippines. There were no one giving opposing views. Now its a more realistic. I just wish there were more negative opinions a few years ago so I would have known better. Even after going there i still had the myths of will n dowd and Winston in my head. It took a long time to get over those myths even after going there because of the picture painted by others.


Actually, there were many people with negative or opposing views way back when. Not sure about 4 years ago, but certainly 3+ years ago when I joined HA. Some of the core long term members on HA were not/are not Philippines fans and disliked the country, the women, the food, etc. After I first went and posted a trip report or two I was surprised at the negative responses. So while I continue to be generally positive about PI, there are stories I simply don't report. Not everyone is as positive as the OP claims. Hell, go to a Philippines-based forum like Living in Cebu and you will hear many of the expats slam the place.


i should go read your trip reports i never seen them.

Well thats the problem 3 years ago was the turning point. My first trip was april 2012 almost 3 years ago. When i first made my trip i was already under the delusions of winston and will n dowd and others. I wasn't completely delusional cause i had a plan to go to the bars which is fail proof. cause i knew in a foreign country that i may or may not be able to afford to go to very often i wasn't ready for a relationship and i thought the easiest would be to meet a bargirl to get used to the women there and the experience. I had been sex starved with no real relationship and confidence issues before so no way was i gonna try hitting on women in a foreign country right off the plane. This op seems to have had that plan event hough he didn't use any dating sites and didn't even pursue girls in teh bar yet went there and stuck to the most touristy spots of all in a mere 8 day vacation. This was probably the biggest fail plan in the history of philippines.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:48 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:You fool! Talking to a girl isn't bloody "gaming", it's just talking. And girls in the Philippines are easier to approach and talk to then American girls, when you are a middle aged American dude. That's the whole point of what Winston and others have been saying all this time. Nothing more, nothing less. In the end it all boils down to this... you talk to a girl in America, chances are she will reject you. Talk to one in the Philippines, and she is a lot more likely to end up f***ing you. That's all. Nothing more to it.

You could get ever your shyness by interacting with Filipina's. How scary can five feet tall Asian chicks be? Just bloody talk to them and see where it takes you. This really isn't rocket science. It's like you are purposely setting yourself up to fail, or looking for excuses not to take action. Jesus Christ... :?


Again, I was told that I wouldn't have to make the first move in the Philippines. This idea appealed to me because I have anxiety and am not good at approaching anyone. Also, Filipino women are not as approachable you are are implying. They are by no means mean-spirited (like many American women), but they are not approachable either. Rather, they are reserved and downright cranky. This does not exactly inspire you to approach them. Where were those fabled smiles I was promised? (yes, I smiled at them first, they just didn't smile back)
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:52 pm

globe-trotter wrote:Again, I was told that I wouldn't have to make the first move in the Philippines. This idea appealed to me because I have anxiety and am not good at approaching anyone. Also, Filipino women are not as approachable you are are implying. They are by no means mean-spirited (like many American women), but they are not approachable either. Rather, they are reserved and downright cranky. This does not exactly inspire you to approach them. Where were those fabled smiles I was promised? (yes, I smiled at them first, they just didn't smile back)


Again, you're a fool. You don't KNOW if they are or aren't approachable because you did not approach them. You have an issue approaching women? Address that. Get psychological help, waste your money on shrink after shrink... OR you go to a country where women are easier to talk to, and more likely to say yes, and you try talking to them there. The best way to get over this fear, is to do it! You are afraid a girl might say no? Maybe it is your fear of rejection and emberassment that causes you not to approach any. But c'mon, man! You are forty five years old for God's sake! You can figure these things out, it's common knowledge.

Filipinas aren't as approachable as I'm implying... LOL! You never even f***ing approached any, so how would you know? You don't know it, unless you grow a pair of balls and talk to them. This is not my usual way of talking to people, but you really are wearing my patience thin. You are just looking for excuses, and what bothers me most is your choice of title. It should be "The Philippines: Women Are Not As Approachable As Marcos Says, I Know This Because I Approached Zero Women".

Your lack of success is purely to blame on your own mind. You are your own worst enemy, buddy.
Last edited by MarcosZeitola on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:52 pm

i dont know man ive had some girls smile at me in a intoxicating way. but im younger.


Where is a good country where the girls are flirtatious but more open to initiating conversation?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:00 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Its too bad this thread and posters weren't here 4 years ago. It would have cleared up the myths that we still have today. Even I fell for those myths because there weren't threads like this a couple years ago.


No need to treat this dude like he's a f***ing one-man Myth Busters, all he "proved" was that if you go to a country and take zero effort to meet ladies, you will not get laid. Hardly a Nobel Prize worthy discovery.

The entire thread dismisses the Philippines as p***y paradise based solely on the ridiculous notion that "someone" told OP that women would throw themselves at him, and this did not happen. He put zero effort into the endeavour and ended up unsuccessful (surprise, surprise!), then blamed it on his shyness and "bloated skin" rather then his complete and utter lack of action. This thread is pathetic, and there's no defending it.


....which proves my point that the Philippines will not be a p***y paradise for shy guys like me. It may be for outgoing guys who 'game', but certainly not for socially awkward types, like me.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Wrong. its called dating sites. Even a shy awkward guy like me used them to get girls. Look at my scammer milf girl she was hotter than any girl most foreigners get on average. I even had a nurse girl who i screwed up cause i had a girlfriend sort of it was complicated but she was white skinned a registered nurse graduate and very pretty she was better than any girl ive seen a foreigner get on this forum combined. I probably could ahve layed her had i played my cards right and not been so involved with the gf and all the drama and attachment to her. She came to my hotel outside to talk a month after i arrived and i had her walking away in tears cause i rejected her right on the spot to go back to my gf but she came to see me again later when i talked to her again months down the road.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 pm

globe-trotter wrote:....which proves my point that the Philippines will not be a p***y paradise for shy guys like me. It may be for outgoing guys who 'game', but certainly not for socially awkward types, like me.


There is a difference between being a "shy guy" or "extremely shy and socially awkward to the point that you are unable to talk to a single foreign girl during an eight day stay abroad". I know many guys who are shy, not very outgoing, and plenty of them have girlfriends and wives. Many men who are otherwise shy around women, have foreign brides and are quite happy with them. Being shy and getting women are not mutually exclusive. But even when you are shy, you can still talk to people.

Guys like you can get women too... IF they talk to said women first. You really must have autism. Normal human interaction is clearly lost on you. Don't you realize how ridiculous the things you are saying are? How ridiculous your ideas were? With all due respect, but you have "socially handicapped" written all over you.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:11 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Again, you're a fool. You don't KNOW if they are or aren't approachable because you did not approach them. You have an issue approaching women? Address that. Get psychological help, waste your money on shrink after shrink... OR you go to a country where women are easier to talk to, and more likely to say yes, and you try talking to them there. The best way to get over this fear, is to do it! You are afraid a girl might say no? Maybe it is your fear of rejection and emberassment that causes you not to approach any. But c'mon, man! You are forty five years old for God's sake! You can figure these things out, it's common knowledge.


I would 'know' because their facial expressions and general demeanor were not inviting. It also didn't help to have several unreciprocated smiles. That's a far cry from what people claim Philippine women are like, wouldn't you say? I didn't need to travel to the other side of the world to get this; I can get it right here in the States.

Also, I have gotten help for my issues in the past. For years, in fact. You tend to forget how old I am (45), and the fact that I've been through many things in life. Don't assume.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:16 pm

globe-trotter wrote:Also, I have gotten help for my issues in the past. For years, in fact. You tend to forget how old I am (45), and the fact that I've been through many things in life. Don't assume.


There is only one last thing I can tell you, then. It sounds to me like you might just as well give up at this point, but, there have been men in your shoes who DID end up making it.

There is a woman in my wife's city who got a white guy as a penpal. He was shy, they talked for a year, then met up and later got married. They have been married for many years now. He was so happy with his good luck that he gave the advice to a socially awkward, forty-something year old Belgian guy that he knew from work. Said guy had been single his whole life, didn't know how to talk to women. The first man set up his friend with a pen pal, and this pen pal and the Belgian men fell for one another. They have been married for five years now.

This is a man roughly your age, socially awkward as shit, that I am talking about. Now he is a happily married man. You tell me not to assume, but you are not as unique as you think you are. Men in your shoes have done it before, and so can you. If you cannot get a girlfriend, it is your own fault. If you die alone, it is your own fault. Because you don't have to be lonely. You have the choice to do something about it. But instead you just whine, complain and look excuses endlessly. Your attitude is toxic, and defeatist. You have to snap out of this nonsense and take action, or your own bullshit will continue to drag you down.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest