Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 am

globe-trotter wrote:To equate my inability to 'game' cranky, standoffish women with a horse refusing to merely lower his head to drink water is about as far fetched as it gets.


You don't just have an "inability" (or: unwillingness) to "game" women... your problem is your inability (or unwillingness) to even so much as TALK to them. Which is why my comparison is correct; say the horse at least TRIED to lower his head to drink, then I would have understood. But the horse refuses to even try and lower it, and therefore cannot drink.

Talking to a girl isn't gaming. Hell you could just talk about the weather for all I care. And you could also have talked to some girls online PRIOR to your flight, which takes away a lot of the shyness and anxiety because you would get to know them a bit from the safety of your own room and PC screen. Then when you fly out to Manila, arrange to meet and see what happens. Will be a lot less scary for you this way. ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines







Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby publicduende » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 am

lasttry wrote:Women are indeed similar everywhere, but there are difference classes of women. There are sexually liberated American women and sexually liberated women in other countries. The problem in the United States is that these women tend to congregate in the big cities and have good careers and don't need a man for money and can be very selective. Back in San Francisco, I had an easy time because I in a hotbed of such women and I had a lot more money then and I was much younger. Of course, these sexually liberated career women have issues, which is why I never stuck for more than a few years with any of them. Now I'm in nowheresville and the class of women I seem to be encountering is just useless sexually or else a complete PITA like that single mother I had last year.


Women want different things depending on 1) their age and 2) the age of the men they date. When you were young and dated women your age or a few years younger, you were obviously valued for how you looked like, your self-confidence and assertiveness, your levels of "social intelligence". You probably didn't care too much about those young women been the sexually liberated type.

Now you're grown up women probably see your differently, and look for something different. Yes your looks are still important, but much more is your general fitness, your professional and social achievements, and again qualities of self-confidence and balance (whereas a thuggish or happy go lucky behaviour would have been fancied more in your earlier years).

If you don't have your act together, not financially stable or at least able to project confidence and success, if you don't take care of yourself and show you want to go the extra mile, and you still intend to date girls in their late 20s or early 30s, of course you're going to find it hard. If you want class you need to give (or at least fake) class.

Also consider that it's precisely classy women who are the PITA you mention: they are on average more spoiled, more selective and those who tend to give a lot less than they're given.

No surprise half of this forum revolves around the dream of finding a simple and cute Filipina and get involved with her.

lasttry wrote:What happens when you go to a place like the Philipines or other poor countries, is that you are rich by local standards and so have access to a different class of women you wouldn't have access to the United States. But they are still women, and even the sexually liberated career women are low libido by male standards and otherwise something of a PITA to deal with.


This is one of the biggest myths about foreigners who go to the Philippines, Thailand etc. Middle class Filipinas usually avoid foreigners like the plague. They might interact with them in a formal context, ie. they're trying to sell them something, but for the most part they will be from indifferent to deliberately distant.

There's also the fact that most classy Filipinas will be sent to top-tier private universities and will date a boy from the same social background (or higher) during those years. Which means they will be probably engaged by 20 and married by 24. Unless one has serious interests in Filipino economy, eg. he's an expat or an entrepreneur with powerful social circles, I don't really see how the middle/upper class bubble can mix with the casual Western (sex) tourist.

This is to say, the opposite is true: if you go there, you will hardly be dating girls at your levels - you'll be left with girls of a lower background: the poor and needy, the single mothers, the occasional cougar maybe.

lasttry wrote:Someone married and with children like MarcosZeitola additionally has the huge stick of threatening to abandon his wife if she shuts off the sex supply. So she'll put out for sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if she starts faking after a while. If he doesn't care about faking or he can't detect faking, then it doesn't matter. A lot of men don't care. For whatever reason, I can't enjoy sex unless the woman also enjoys it, so faking ruins things for me. I'd rather masturbate.


Whether she fakes or he cheats, that's something exclusively between Marcos Z and his wife. It is ridiculously common in the Philippines (as it is in Latin America) for men to have one or two lovers on the side, and often women have affairs too. Just think of all the forcibly broken families of OFWs (Filipinos working abroad). Both parts have needs and will fulfil them picking again from the local stock. When in Davao I met the son of a petroleum engineer working in Dubai. His dad was very wealthy by Filipino standards and able to support both his family back in Davao, sending his 3 kids to Ateneo de Davao, and his new partner in Dubai. His wife put up with it because she understood his needs to sooth solitude and frustration, and because she knew he could still be a supportive dad to his family. I obviously didn't ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had an affair on the side too...so she couldn't complain too much.

I agree with you: I can't enjoy sex if there's an element of faking on either side. But that means that when that person who enjoys your presence, your intimacy and sex with you is found, you shouldn't be an idiot and let her go.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby Banano » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:42 am

I found that its pretty easy to date independent,middle class Indonesian girl compared to Th and Ph?

I talked to about 5 girls willing to date me, they live alone, have cars,jobs etc....im not saying they are marriage material but thats besides the point.

When i was in th and ph getting something like that was almost imposible.
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby lasttry » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:59 pm

globe-trotter wrote:I've had many of the same thoughts you have. I'm also bored and lonely. I'm aggressively saving my cash with the goal of retiring early. 50-52 y/o is the target. By then, I will have enough $$ to live off the interest from my investment portfolio.
I also love to travel, not just to get p***y, but for its own sake (I've been to 20 countries so far).
When I retire, I would also like to spend months at a time in foreign countries, with no time limit or job to return to. But, like you, I don't really want to live in the 3rd world, either, even if I am financially set.
I also have parents, and if they weren't in the picture, I might consider becoming a nomad. But I can't leave them alone. They're getting old, and I don't have the heart to place them in a nursing home when the time comes. I will do my duty as a son and make sure I'm around to take care of them.
I'm also childless. Never wanted children. Never cared for the responsibility. In fact, I knew I didn't want children (or be married) when I was a child myself--only 8 years old.

I don't know what my future holds at this point. My sex life has been a monumental disaster, riddled with countless issues. I wish I had been the proverbial man who had 'loved and lost', rather than not have loved at all. I really missed a big part of life by missing that boat.
My social life doesn't look that much better. Making friends at my age is even harder than meeting women, and it's going to get exponentially worse as I get older. The future looks almost grim. The only bright spot might be that I will have ample financial resources by the time I retire. But, as we all well know, money doesn't buy happiness.


I AM a nomad and have been for about 15 years now, though for it's own sake not for p***y. Travel is the only way I found to occupy my time since I early retired myself. I don't try to rack up notch counts of countries visited any more than I try to rack up notch counts of women I had sex with. When I find someplace, I keep going back and explore deeper and deeper, same thing I do with a good woman. Even a single state of the United States is huge if you go on foot. Imagine walking every single street and looking at every building and eating in every restaraunt of even a tiny state like Rhode Island.

I also never wanted children or marriage, and I also have great difficulty making friends. I consider internet friends a viable substitute for flesh-and-blood friends. Now I'm having problems meeting women because of where I live and because of my age and nomadism. I've thought about lying about my age on the internet dating sites, because all the women are screening for under age 50 and I'm over that age, but it's so easy to find out a person's real age nowadays with the internet and I simply can't deal with a woman confronting me with a lie like that. It's shameful. I am quite capable of lying for something I believe in--I could lie very well if I were a spy on a secret mission, for example--but lying about my age just to get sex with a stupid woman is just too degrading to contemplate. It is unmanly.

Money doesn't buy happiness but it can most definitely buy you escape from unhappiness. Happiness is easy to obtain. I've already advised you to take up partner dancing, but there was another piece of advice I would reiterate. And that is to practice sexual kung fu. At your age (45, I believe) and definitely above, it is essential avoid having peak orgasms (orgasms which bring the sex to an end) since these will leave you feeling depleted. This applies to both sex and mastubation, but especially the latter. Read Mantak Chia's books among others. Masturbation while practicing sexual kung fu is called solo path to enlightenment and can be just as fulfilling as dual path. You must awaken your inner woman and then have sex with her. If you do this properly, you will no longer feel so sexually deprived.

As for looking back, that is always a mistake unless there is something to be learned from the past. "Stop carrying the past like a block of stone on your back."

[Edit: if you really don't want children and plan on pursuing women under the age of 50 and especially women in their 20's, I suggest you get a vasectomy. Being sued for child-support would be real bummer.]
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby lasttry » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:42 pm

publicduende wrote:This is one of the biggest myths about foreigners who go to the Philippines, Thailand etc. Middle class Filipinas usually avoid foreigners like the plague. They might interact with them in a formal context, ie. they're trying to sell them something, but for the most part they will be from indifferent to deliberately distant.

There's also the fact that most classy Filipinas will be sent to top-tier private universities and will date a boy from the same social background (or higher) during those years. Which means they will be probably engaged by 20 and married by 24. Unless one has serious interests in Filipino economy, eg. he's an expat or an entrepreneur with powerful social circles, I don't really see how the middle/upper class bubble can mix with the casual Western (sex) tourist.

This is to say, the opposite is true: if you go there, you will hardly be dating girls at your levels - you'll be left with girls of a lower background: the poor and needy, the single mothers, the occasional cougar maybe.


We're using "class" in different ways. I do NOT want uneducated women, but I don't want marriage-type women either. What I really want is a high-class concubine, a woman who actually enjoys sex, in her 40's. I don't want p4p because it is too cold. Nor do I want concubines who don't really enjoy sex but just pretend to. Nor do I want a concubine who is less educated, intelligent and worldly than me. Guys are this forum, for some reason, don't understand how good white women can look in their 40's. Not sure about other ethnicities because I haven't thought too much about them. I had a girlfriend in her early 40's once who looked just like Paris Hilton except with a meaner expression on her face (she had had a rough life). Spoke 5 languages fluently, worked in the financial industry, very intelligent, multi-orgasmic screaming nymphomaniac in bed. Problem is, lots of other men in America also want these women and hence they can command a very high price. She was always hinting that she wanted to be supported by a man because she was tired of working, but she didn't actually ask for an allowance from me back when we were dating. However, I did have to spend on a nice apartment for myself and nice restaurants, and that doesn't come cheap San Francisco or other big cities where women like this tend to live. Also, she might have been less quick to quarrel with me if I had been doling out money--don't bite hand that feeds you. Later, I had a few other slightly downmarket versions of this woman. Again, I didn't have to pay, but now that I'm in my 50's, I WILL probably have to pay for this sort of woman.

My thinking is that women like this also exist in foreign countries but the difference is that my money goes a lot farther there than here. Right now, I spend maybe $2000/month on myself, including all my traveling, and can spare another $2K for a woman. Even here in nowheresville where my home base is, that is not a huge amount of money. It falls into the lower tiers on the seekingarrangements site, for example. In NYC or SFO, I'd have to spend the whole $4K on myself to have a nice apartment and afford restaurants. Whereas I'm thinking $2000/month might be attractive to the sort of woman I'm targeting in Ukraine. I don't think I'll be excluded from access to such women because I'm a foreigner, though that remains to be seen.
Last edited by lasttry on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Would most guys really go to the philippines if they knew they had to spend months and years digging through crap and daygame to find a good quality women? I think a lot would think twice or prolong it until they had the money and time that they had nothing else to lose at that time. Thats what im doing now that reality has hit me im in no hurry to go back to asia. I dont want to waste my precious dollars on a pipe dream.


Thank you for stating what should have been obvious to everyone here.


thats why im staying in america right now and cautiously saving my money. Kind of bored and lonely but i know if i was to go bac to asia id lose my precious money and go back alone as a failure with a girl i dont like. I need to save my cash and mentaly and prepare for a day when im financially ready to settle down. When i can spend months and close the deal so to speak. Im not quite there yet. I dont think going to the 3rd world is ideal unless you are financially set cause those women aren't gonna help you out financially and your putting a big risk on yourself because they could divorce yo when you bring them back. Also you wont be around your family if you live overseas. Im debating if i ever even want to settle down cause i dont want to liver overseas, i dont want kids, i love to travel (id have to give that up if i married) and if i brought them to america its a huge hassle in paperwork and money and i risk a divorce if i bring them back. I see plenty of cons but not really many positives. If my parents were dead it would be easier to settle there someday but for now i have mixed feelings. Im enjoying the fact right now i can save my money and i have no drama. Im not in a hurry to rush back to asia only to have more failures and a lighter wallet LOL


Wow, your situation sounds eerily similar to mine.

I've had many of the same thoughts you have. I'm also bored and lonely. I'm aggressively saving my cash with the goal of retiring early. 50-52 y/o is the target. By then, I will have enough $$ to live off the interest from my investment portfolio.
I also love to travel, not just to get p***y, but for its own sake (I've been to 20 countries so far).
When I retire, I would also like to spend months at a time in foreign countries, with no time limit or job to return to. But, like you, I don't really want to live in the 3rd world, either, even if I am financially set.
I also have parents, and if they weren't in the picture, I might consider becoming a nomad. But I can't leave them alone. They're getting old, and I don't have the heart to place them in a nursing home when the time comes. I will do my duty as a son and make sure I'm around to take care of them.
I'm also childless. Never wanted children. Never cared for the responsibility. In fact, I knew I didn't want children (or be married) when I was a child myself--only 8 years old.

I don't know what my future holds at this point. My sex life has been a monumental disaster, riddled with countless issues. I wish I had been the proverbial man who had 'loved and lost', rather than not have loved at all. I really missed a big part of life by missing that boat.
My social life doesn't look that much better. Making friends at my age is even harder than meeting women, and it's going to get exponentially worse as I get older. The future looks almost grim. The only bright spot might be that I will have ample financial resources by the time I retire. But, as we all well know, money doesn't buy happiness.


i have a online income so i wont have to completely retire i just need to work up a bit of savings and make sure my online income im now doing is long term sustainable that allows me to travel etc again. Plus im young enough that i really dont need a wife now cause the age gap will be small. but if i were to marry id like my parents alive but its such a huge hassle and i really dont have the resources to go find a wife.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 pm

globe-trotter wrote:To equate my inability to 'game' cranky, standoffish women with a horse refusing to merely lower his head to drink water is about as far fetched as it gets.

Good point, but i've learned sometimes they appear cranky and standoffish out of being shy themselves or maybe having some problems of their own too. So one can't go 100% on that stuff, they may open up with a little joke or something. I've realized sometimes i forget to smile myself too so it might actually be a 'reflection' if i may.

MarcosZeitola wrote:Once again, bullshit. A better analogy:
You were a horse that was led to water, but refused to lower his f***ing head because he thought the water would magically float up and squirt into his mouth. It didn't, because that's not how the river works. The horse then returned home, thirsty, and told everybody it was a shitty river. He even wrote a book about how the river was shitty, but never mentioned his refusal to lower his head.
The horse is clearly an evolutionary failure and should get a Darwin Award for his stupidity.

Lol

MarcosZeitola wrote:You fool! Talking to a girl isn't bloody "gaming", it's just talking. And girls in the Philippines are easier to approach and talk to then American girls, when you are a middle aged American dude. That's the whole point of what Winston and others have been saying all this time. Nothing more, nothing less. In the end it all boils down to this... you talk to a girl in America, chances are she will reject you. Talk to one in the Philippines, and she is a lot more likely to end up f***ing you. That's all. Nothing more to it.


MarcosZeitola wrote:Again, you're a fool. You don't KNOW if they are or aren't approachable because you did not approach them. You have an issue approaching women? Address that. Get psychological help, waste your money on shrink after shrink... OR you go to a country where women are easier to talk to, and more likely to say yes, and you try talking to them there. The best way to get over this fear, is to do it! You are afraid a girl might say no? Maybe it is your fear of rejection and emberassment that causes you not to approach any. But c'mon, man! You are forty five years old for God's sake! You can figure these things out, it's common knowledge.

Filipinas aren't as approachable as I'm implying... LOL! You never even f***ing approached any, so how would you know? You don't know it, unless you grow a pair of balls and talk to them. This is not my usual way of talking to people, but you really are wearing my patience thin. You are just looking for excuses, and what bothers me most is your choice of title. It should be "The Philippines: Women Are Not As Approachable As Marcos Says, I Know This Because I Approached Zero Women".

Very good posts Marcos, i've found them very inspirational myself.
I'd normally say you're being too harsh with the guy but this tough love might actually help him.
But having said that, honestly, i agree with him to a point, in that you really can notice if they're into you and make eye contact and flirt with you, which is always the best scenario.
We'd all love to be instant slayers everywhere lol but yeah one can't go expecting that all the time. Like I (and you) stated above we must be ready to push forward a little bit. I myself am still working on that.
I like your point that being a bit forward is not "game" but actual normal man stuff. Thankfully there's places we can push and tell them stuff without it being a 'transgression' as Winston puts it. Here in SA you can tell them "mamacita", after knowing them a bit lol.


nlintp wrote:I think happier abroad is a fairy tale like PUA. The guys who get high quality women will get it anyways without much work and the guys who struggle will always struggle.
women are the same everywhere. I dont care what anyone says. They all are uppity, money grabbing, low libido.
If you're a chump in america, youll be a chump anywhere, the only difference is your wallet will be lighter after a trip abroad. And ive seen no evidence to the contrary. All the success stories are cause they are 100 times richer than their partner in the 3rd world and many had to go through a lot of crap to find such a girl.
The day i see women chasing after men in 3rd world is the day ill believe some women are different.

Again, talking out of your *ss dude.
More accurately, What i picture is a Gauss bell curve where guys at the extremes don't see a change on different locations. In other words, Zach effron looking dudes won't see much change in moving to the filis as they already have plenty of p*ssy. And on the other end of the spectrum monster-looking guys won't benefit much either since they will still get ignored everywhere.
I think it's guys in the middle of the curve who can capitalize the greatest potential. That is, dudes in the 6-7 range [that would be me :mrgreen:]

And also, what's up with everybody (this forum and on the street) bringing up this gold-digger / money stuff? i freaking don't see it. Somebody introduce me to some gold digger please so i can see it with my own eyes; i don't see any women that will treat you better for your money i honestly just haven't. I see women going for exciting "types" or looks/character but that's it.
In my experience women don't change their treatment towards me when I mention my stash or the fact i come from the states and have a decent paying proffesion. Like I've asked before, where are all the green-card hunters? Lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Good theory droid. Unfortunately im beaten with the ugly stick so that means i have my work cut out for me for the women I TRULY want, not the leftovers or the ones who will go with any guy that is white.

Droid like i told you before your wasting your time in south america go to asia. Why do you keep torturing yourself there.

Droid ill introduce you to my bargirl LOL (joke) and shell treat you better than any guys wife here cause you have a few pesos to give her. Im not joking either. There is plenty of women like that in phils. heck most of the dating site girls and girls in the bar are like that. I dont know about south america where your at but people seem to think its not quite as obvious there, must be slightly different personalities and culture.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:59 am

droid wrote:But having said that, honestly, i agree with him to a point, in that you really can notice if they're into you and make eye contact and flirt with you, which is always the best scenario.


The whole mating paradigm basically boils down to the fact that women give you sexual signals, and men respond to those signals. A woman will let you know when she is attracted to you. She will give you signs. If those signs are absent, don't approach her, because you weren't invited. Doing so would be akin to crashing a wedding-- you're not supposed to be there, and your presence is unwelcome. 
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MrBlueLight » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

Meanwhile, I spent 5 days out of the week getting laid in that same country. Stop making excuses.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:57 am

MrBlueLight wrote:Meanwhile, I spent 5 days out of the week getting laid in that same country. Stop making excuses.


Some people will never stop making excuses until the day they die. By then, all they leave behind them is a life filled with regret to look back on. Why they are making excuses, I don't know. Maybe it's laziness, or cowardice. Making excuses is easy, but you're not helping yourself; you're stagnating.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:58 am

globe-trotter wrote:To equate my inability to 'game' cranky, standoffish women with a horse refusing to merely lower his head to drink water is about as far fetched as it gets.


You don't just have an "inability" (or: unwillingness) to "game" women... your problem is your inability (or unwillingness) to even so much as TALK to them. Which is why my comparison is correct; say the horse at least TRIED to lower his head to drink, then I would have understood. But the horse refuses to even try and lower it, and therefore cannot drink.

Talking to a girl isn't gaming. Hell you could just talk about the weather for all I care. And you could also have talked to some girls online PRIOR to your flight, which takes away a lot of the shyness and anxiety because you would get to know them a bit from the safety of your own room and PC screen. Then when you fly out to Manila, arrange to meet and see what happens. Will be a lot less scary for you this way. ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:20 am

globe-trotter wrote:The whole mating paradigm basically boils down to the fact that women give you sexual signals, and men respond to those signals. A woman will let you know when she is attracted to you. She will give you signs. If those signs are absent, don't approach her, because you weren't invited. Doing so would be akin to crashing a wedding-- you're not supposed to be there, and your presence is unwelcome. 


The way you act, however, has a GIGANTIC influence over whether or not she gives you those signs. It is in the way you carry yourself, in the way you act around them. And it's in the things you say, and how you say them. A woman who you thought was not interested at first, might change towards you when you talk to her a bit. As said before, a woman being "cranky" could simply be her being shy.

You can rationalize and analyze it all you want, but all that matters is: you are failing, because you are doing something wrong. You are smart enough to know that there is no place on earth where attractive, young women will flock to a 45-year old average Joe from America like he's a superstar, without him opening his mouth. All this is common sense, and you could have figured it out by yourself.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby droid » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:12 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
droid wrote:But having said that, honestly, i agree with him to a point, in that you really can notice if they're into you and make eye contact and flirt with you, which is always the best scenario.


The whole mating paradigm basically boils down to the fact that women give you sexual signals, and men respond to those signals. A woman will let you know when she is attracted to you. She will give you signs. If those signs are absent, don't approach her, because you weren't invited. Doing so would be akin to crashing a wedding-- you're not supposed to be there, and your presence is unwelcome. 

Not necessarily, like i posted in the other thread,
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26036&p=217764#p217764
in some places they find pretty-boys and rich-boys boring and give more weight to character or other stuff and won't give signals UNTIL you do something first.
I'm seeing it here in southamerica everyday, ordinary-looking chumps with hotties. Locals have explicitly told me chix won't necessarily look at you but if they like your character you'll move forward, and I'm not talking about "game", but some minimal social competence.

But i guess if you really don't have good looks and are also very shy you're pretty much f*ked, as you have NOTHING to offer. I'm kind of average in both terms, but better trying than regretting later 8)
You talk like an expert but don't know crap, what you described is only the American paradigm. And believe me it takes time to understand things are not the same everywhere.

As far as this applying to PH, it's up to the other members to say.
I'm curious, tell me, objectively and honestly, how were the looks of those fili dudes walking with the hotties you saw?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:30 pm

lasttry wrote:I don't try to rack up notch counts of countries visited any more than I try to rack up notch counts of women I had sex with. When I find someplace, I keep going back and explore deeper and deeper, same thing I do with a good woman. Even a single state of the United States is huge if you go on foot. Imagine walking every single street and looking at every building and eating in every restaraunt of even a tiny state like Rhode Island.


Yes, I agree. But the number of countries I've visited just happens to be the places I wanted to see. I did not set off to these places with the preconceived idea that I wanted 'X' number of countries to brag about. In fact, I still want to see Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Egypt, Southern Italy (been to Italy several times), and perhaps Dubai. When I'm done, I will have been to 25 countries, but my purpose for going to these places is not so that I can say this.
In the future, I will probably be doing what you do, which is to delve deeply into certain specific places, especially in the U.S.

lasttry wrote:I also never wanted children or marriage, and I also have great difficulty making friends. I consider internet friends a viable substitute for flesh-and-blood friends. Now I'm having problems meeting women because of where I live and because of my age and nomadism. I've thought about lying about my age on the internet dating sites, because all the women are screening for under age 50 and I'm over that age, but it's so easy to find out a person's real age nowadays with the internet and I simply can't deal with a woman confronting me with a lie like that. It's shameful. I am quite capable of lying for something I believe in--I could lie very well if I were a spy on a secret mission, for example--but lying about my age just to get sex with a stupid woman is just too degrading to contemplate. It is unmanly.


I've given up on dating sites precisely for the reason you mention-- you have to input your age, in which case young women will screen you out. If you lie about your age, you eventually have to come clean, which is really pathetic and embarrassing. I found that it is much easier to attract women in real life (hard as that may be).

lasttry wrote: Money doesn't buy happiness but it can most definitely buy you escape from unhappiness.


Yes, I've always said that the purpose of money is not so much to buy happiness, but to avoid misery.
Last edited by globe-trotter on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest