Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 am

I dont want to deal with getting a condo. Its a lot of headache if your only gonna be there for a few months (3 to 6). Also the only reason to stay in one spot if your income is mobile like mine is to be a sexpat but i dont want to be a sexpat. If your vacationing or site seeing i realize now you want to move around not stay in one spot even though its more expensive only sexpats stay in one spot :D The hotels in cebu are way cheaper than manila. I was actually living in a hotel cheaper long term in cebu than what you pay for your condo.

LOL like i said the indian women in america are great. Better than filipinas. im not sure how that would translate into india though. LOL

im not traveling anytime soon though. I seen videos lately of interviews from guys on the street asking them questions and the women are opening up to western culture now. Things are changing fast there now don't you think? I dont really want to go to manila. but maybe manila would open my eyes :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm







Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 am

globe-trotter wrote:I have seen psychiatrists in the past, but none of them diagnosed me with autism or even Asperger's, though I suspect that I may have some Asperger's. One psychiatrist said I have bipolar depression, though I'm not sure if that's accurate (I do have regular depression).


Your aversion to being touched, being naked with a woman, their body heat... and then there is the shyness, the anxiety, the issues with your appearance that you focus on to the point that they mentally block you... I think Newlife had a point when he mentioned autism, because it sounds like that explanation checks all the boxes for you.

As for the Philippines not being "what it's cracked up to be"... did you even TALK to anyone? Did you approach any women whatsoever, try to go anywhere with them? Staying in an over-priced condo for eight days, not talk to anyone and then returning home disappointed. Sounds to me like your lack of success is your own fault and not the fault of those who sold you dreams of p***y paradise. I've seen a 70-something year old morbidly obese man at Manila Airport just this January. He was so large and heavy he could not even leave the car himself. By his side, helping airport personnel, was a girl in her early-to-mid twenties. She had a great shape, an amazing b***y and she was wearing a wedding ring. I bet my balls he was her husband.

If a 70 year old morbidly obese man can get a cute Filipina wife, you will have no problems getting the casual encounter or two, a nice girlfriend or even a wife. You are 45 years old, not too short, you say you have a handsome face. It sounds to me like you are simply wasting your potential here. You have sexual hang ups, and you have personal issues that are holding you back. But the problem is mainly in your head, and not in the Philippines.

PS: I'm West-European, so this isn't "bad advice from an American". :wink: It's my personal observation, that it is incredibly easy for just about anyone to get with a cute Filipina (or multiple!) and that all it takes is for you to interact with people, talk to them and socialize. Starchild has it right.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby starchild5 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:26 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
im not traveling anytime soon though. I seen videos lately of interviews from guys on the street asking them questions and the women are opening up to western culture now. Things are changing fast there now don't you think? I dont really want to go to manila. but maybe manila would open my eyes :D


yes. India has changed a lot...You really have a good chance now than before..As i said..Its just me...I don't want to go to the cycle again when the options in Philippines are much easier and unlimited. Yes for long term, India is good but the whole life style that i seek..Philippines is better...The age do catch up with you in India...In Philippines age is not a factor...
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby hammanta » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:05 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I have seen psychiatrists in the past, but none of them diagnosed me with autism or even Asperger's, though I suspect that I may have some Asperger's. One psychiatrist said I have bipolar depression, though I'm not sure if that's accurate (I do have regular depression).


Your aversion to being touched, being naked with a woman, their body heat... and then there is the shyness, the anxiety, the issues with your appearance that you focus on to the point that they mentally block you... I think Newlife had a point when he mentioned autism, because it sounds like that explanation checks all the boxes for you.

As for the Philippines not being "what it's cracked up to be"... did you even TALK to anyone? Did you approach any women whatsoever, try to go anywhere with them? Staying in an over-priced condo for eight days, not talk to anyone and then returning home disappointed. Sounds to me like your lack of success is your own fault and not the fault of those who sold you dreams of p***y paradise. I've seen a 70-something year old morbidly obese man at Manila Airport just this January. He was so large and heavy he could not even leave the car himself. By his side, helping airport personnel, was a girl in her early-to-mid twenties. She had a great shape, an amazing b***y and she was wearing a wedding ring. I bet my balls he was her husband.

If a 70 year old morbidly obese man can get a cute Filipina wife, you will have no problems getting the casual encounter or two, a nice girlfriend or even a wife. You are 45 years old, not too short, you say you have a handsome face. It sounds to me like you are simply wasting your potential here. You have sexual hang ups, and you have personal issues that are holding you back. But the problem is mainly in your head, and not in the Philippines.

PS: I'm West-European, so this isn't "bad advice from an American". :wink: It's my personal observation, that it is incredibly easy for just about anyone to get with a cute Filipina (or multiple!) and that all it takes is for you to interact with people, talk to them and socialize. Starchild has it right.


As mentioned by me in another thread, this is the type of foreigner who doesn't do well overseas. Shy, socially awkward, social anxiety, unrealistic expectations, then mix that with his asexual behavior etc. I bet if he even got one date, his whole mentality would change. You can't succeed anywhere with those characteristics. He needs to find professional help or accept his circumstances.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MrBlueLight » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:01 pm

OP: When I fail in the Philippines, it is definitely not my fault, it is the country's fault. And when I fail at anything, it is everyone else's fault!

There is a saying that if you can't get laid (for free) in the Philippines, you should shoot yourself.

A cute Pinay just left my place after a round of hot passion. I am in Manila btw.

High five to starchild5. That model girl looks good! I hope you didn't just befriend her, but that you actually managed to get inside that cute missus
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:21 pm

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
im not traveling anytime soon though. I seen videos lately of interviews from guys on the street asking them questions and the women are opening up to western culture now. Things are changing fast there now don't you think? I dont really want to go to manila. but maybe manila would open my eyes :D


Philippines is better...The age do catch up with you in India...In Philippines age is not a factor...



are you saying only filipina women go for large age gaps compared to Indian? Most filipinas dont go for large age gaps either its just they been exposed to foreigners more so there is a few that will. Maybe as you see more foreigners in India the same will happen there.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Indians have large age gaps too, sometimes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442492/Worlds-oldest-dad-97-devastated-wife-leaves-following-disappearance-son.html

This Indian dude here is 97 years old and has 2 sons with his 40-something wife. :o

Image
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:40 pm

MrBlueLight wrote:OP: When I fail in the Philippines, it is definitely not my fault, it is the country's fault. And when I fail at anything, it is everyone else's fault!

There is a saying that if you can't get laid (for free) in the Philippines, you should shoot yourself.

A cute Pinay just left my place after a round of hot passion. I am in Manila btw.

High five to starchild5. That model girl looks good! I hope you didn't just befriend her, but that you actually managed to get inside that cute missus


Getting laid in the Philippines for free felt as distant to me as hitting Powerball-- in other words, it's felt like a remote dream. I didn't even consider the possibility.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

hammanta wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I have seen psychiatrists in the past, but none of them diagnosed me with autism or even Asperger's, though I suspect that I may have some Asperger's. One psychiatrist said I have bipolar depression, though I'm not sure if that's accurate (I do have regular depression).


Your aversion to being touched, being naked with a woman, their body heat... and then there is the shyness, the anxiety, the issues with your appearance that you focus on to the point that they mentally block you... I think Newlife had a point when he mentioned autism, because it sounds like that explanation checks all the boxes for you.

As for the Philippines not being "what it's cracked up to be"... did you even TALK to anyone? Did you approach any women whatsoever, try to go anywhere with them? Staying in an over-priced condo for eight days, not talk to anyone and then returning home disappointed. Sounds to me like your lack of success is your own fault and not the fault of those who sold you dreams of p***y paradise. I've seen a 70-something year old morbidly obese man at Manila Airport just this January. He was so large and heavy he could not even leave the car himself. By his side, helping airport personnel, was a girl in her early-to-mid twenties. She had a great shape, an amazing b***y and she was wearing a wedding ring. I bet my balls he was her husband.

If a 70 year old morbidly obese man can get a cute Filipina wife, you will have no problems getting the casual encounter or two, a nice girlfriend or even a wife. You are 45 years old, not too short, you say you have a handsome face. It sounds to me like you are simply wasting your potential here. You have sexual hang ups, and you have personal issues that are holding you back. But the problem is mainly in your head, and not in the Philippines.

PS: I'm West-European, so this isn't "bad advice from an American". :wink: It's my personal observation, that it is incredibly easy for just about anyone to get with a cute Filipina (or multiple!) and that all it takes is for you to interact with people, talk to them and socialize. Starchild has it right.


As mentioned by me in another thread, this is the type of foreigner who doesn't do well overseas. Shy, socially awkward, social anxiety, unrealistic expectations, then mix that with his asexual behavior etc. I bet if he even got one date, his whole mentality would change. You can't succeed anywhere with those characteristics. He needs to find professional help or accept his circumstances.


I think I'm beyond professional help at this point. I went through that ringer for about 8 years, from my late-20's to mid-30's. I may have to just accept my circumstances, though I'm not giving up 100% just yet. I still have to find out if I can perform sexually when I am really horny. If I can't, then I know for sure that sex is not for me, and I'll just stick to masturbation for the rest of my life.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:46 pm

globe-trotter wrote:Getting laid in the Philippines for free felt as distant to me as hitting Powerball-- in other words, it's felt like a remote dream. I didn't even consider the possibility.


You are a 45 year old man, in good shape, not too short and relatively youthful looking. You are handsome enough to get looks in America, and even in the Philippines you occassionally get a friendly or interested smile, when your skin isn't as bloated as it sometimes gets. In short: you are fine! Some of the ugliest, oldest, baldest and fattest motherfuckers have gotten laid for free in the Philippines, someone of your appearance and age should have no problems getting any.

How sexually successful are you in America, anyway? Do you ever approach women, talk to women, socialize with women? Or, rather: do you socialize in general? Befriending people and going places is really the best and often only way to get some, and this is a global thing. A girl smiling you in the street doesn't mean she'll suck your dick, and her not smiling at you doesn't mean she won't, either. ;)

Don't be so afraid. Sex isn't scary, it's amazing. And it's not at all hard to get if you know how to act and keep a cool head.

globe-trotter wrote:I think I'm beyond professional help at this point. I went through that ringer for about 8 years, from my late-20's to mid-30's. I may have to just accept my circumstances, though I'm not giving up 100% just yet. I still have to find out if I can perform sexually when I am really horny. If I can't, then I know for sure that sex is not for me, and I'll just stick to masturbation for the rest of my life.


Have you ever had sex? And if so, how did it go? You sound... very inexperienced. Especially since you are 45. But for the love of God, man, don't sell yourself short! You don't want to masturbate alone in your room for the rest of your life. There's a world out there, a world full of hot & willing women for you to be with. Please, consider professional help. You won't know if you are "beyond help" unless you give it another try and really own up to your issues.
Last edited by MarcosZeitola on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby globe-trotter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:49 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I have seen psychiatrists in the past, but none of them diagnosed me with autism or even Asperger's, though I suspect that I may have some Asperger's. One psychiatrist said I have bipolar depression, though I'm not sure if that's accurate (I do have regular depression).


Your aversion to being touched, being naked with a woman, their body heat... and then there is the shyness, the anxiety, the issues with your appearance that you focus on to the point that they mentally block you... I think Newlife had a point when he mentioned autism, because it sounds like that explanation checks all the boxes for you.

As for the Philippines not being "what it's cracked up to be"... did you even TALK to anyone? Did you approach any women whatsoever, try to go anywhere with them? Staying in an over-priced condo for eight days, not talk to anyone and then returning home disappointed. Sounds to me like your lack of success is your own fault and not the fault of those who sold you dreams of p***y paradise. I've seen a 70-something year old morbidly obese man at Manila Airport just this January. He was so large and heavy he could not even leave the car himself. By his side, helping airport personnel, was a girl in her early-to-mid twenties. She had a great shape, an amazing b***y and she was wearing a wedding ring. I bet my balls he was her husband.

If a 70 year old morbidly obese man can get a cute Filipina wife, you will have no problems getting the casual encounter or two, a nice girlfriend or even a wife. You are 45 years old, not too short, you say you have a handsome face. It sounds to me like you are simply wasting your potential here. You have sexual hang ups, and you have personal issues that are holding you back. But the problem is mainly in your head, and not in the Philippines.

PS: I'm West-European, so this isn't "bad advice from an American". :wink: It's my personal observation, that it is incredibly easy for just about anyone to get with a cute Filipina (or multiple!) and that all it takes is for you to interact with people, talk to them and socialize. Starchild has it right.


That's why I placed such high hopes in the Philippines. I naively thought it would be the one place on earth where I could thrive, despite my issues.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:52 pm

globe-trotter wrote:That's why I placed such high hopes in the Philippines. I naively thought it would be the one place on earth where I could thrive, despite my issues.


You have to sort out your issues. If you don't, you will always be faced with the same problems and you will never get anywhere. The Philippines is a great place to date and fool around, but you can't date without ever talking to girls, without approaching them. If you go there and immediately develop an attitude where you expect nothing out of it, and "sex feels like a distant dream and not even a possibility", then how do you expect it to happen?

It's like going to a famous gym and expecting to miraculously morph into young Arnold Schwarzenegger without ever picking up a barbell. :wink:
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby Rock » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:OP: When I fail in the Philippines, it is definitely not my fault, it is the country's fault. And when I fail at anything, it is everyone else's fault!

There is a saying that if you can't get laid (for free) in the Philippines, you should shoot yourself.

A cute Pinay just left my place after a round of hot passion. I am in Manila btw.

High five to starchild5. That model girl looks good! I hope you didn't just befriend her, but that you actually managed to get inside that cute missus


Getting laid in the Philippines for free felt as distant to me as hitting Powerball-- in other words, it's felt like a remote dream. I didn't even consider the possibility.


- It takes me like a month just to start getting a remote sense of what makes a country tick if I go in cold (no online pipelining, connections from overseas locals, etc.). If you don't wanna do P4P or quasi P4P (think Africa, Haiti, other local much poorer than Phils), then it's very unlikely that you will hit the ground running with the ladies unless you have some kind of strong edge. You will need weeks if not months to figure out whether or not you can date attractive normal girls and if so, how you can go about it.

- I don't fully agree with Winston or Taco that Philippines is a country full of young women who smile, make eye contact with you, or even flirt. That may very well happen frequently in parts of Russia/CIS or areas of LatAm. But young Filipinas, especially when away from their comfortable group tend to be shy about interacting with strangers, especially foreign males who don't speak their first language. Even in Angeles City bars, girls are sometimes shy or even afraid of customers. In general service job roles, the local are very polite, patient, and extremely tolerant when dealing with irate complainers. They really have a sweet side to them. It's really very different from Thailand where the anger often just seethes below the surface. And yes, the really attractive guys may get lots of glances from girls here and there. But many of the good looking girls often still have bfs who are just average or worse and vice versa. Flirting does not equal dates does not equal intimacy. You may get one or more without the other(s).

- As for age, most couples you see about anywhere in the world are comprised of people of similar age. Tell me if you know any exceptions to this rule cus I have yet to witness or read about one. BUT, in some countries, high age gaps are a lot more achievable than in others. In Philippines, I do see the odd mismatched couple, much older guy with girl who is not only young but also cute to quite attractive. I've seen it with young Filipinas matched with local guys, Asian foreigners, middle eastern foreigners, and even white or black foreigners. Even more commonly, you will see a more 'native' looking young local girl with a very old white guy. The sense I get about Filipinas so far is that even if they are initially motivated for financial reasons to be with such a guy, they can develop genuine feelings for him over time. Many province girls seem very simple and easy to please. There focus is on the guy's attitude and how he treats her as a person. This contrasts sharply from the vibe I get in other areas where I've observed such age gap unions involving westerner guys and local women - Thailand, DR, Colombia, Brazil, etc.

- Personally, I have been able to genuinely attract women here who's mirror equivalents in USA would not have given me the time of day 10 years ago or more. Taiwan was my Happier Abroad watershed country and I am fluent in the language there. But now I believe I can do better here in Philippines if the components for comparison are the girls age, appearance, and genuine feelings for me. This belief is based on my long term experience living and traveling in all three countries.

- If you don't wanna invest any time, make any effort, or adapt yourself to special circumstances of a country AND you have no relevant edge AND you hope to get instant attention, dates, and/or sex from the local ladies then all I can tell you is that you are on the wrong planet!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Rock so these women are perfectly happy living on a dirt floor instead of chasing foreigners like you?

I
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Globe have you thought of getting in an arrangemed marriage in India? Im probably gonna go to india soemday. If you have the cash then pay up to the parents and get married then youll be good to go.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest