Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Photos

Post by Rock »

Awesome pics Winston. Are you still friends w Lisa?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:None of the photos are displaying...
Why not? They should. They are embedded from Picasaweb. If you're not in China, you should be able to see them fine. Try refreshing the page or try another browser.
Rock wrote:Awesome pics Winston. Are you still friends w Lisa?
No. She blocked me, then unblocked me, then blocked me again. What a psycho. She treats me like an enemy now for no reason.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Pictures don't come up. Tried different browser but nothing.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

So are you back with Lisa now? Are you serious about her?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Pictures don't come up. Tried different browser but nothing.
What browser are you using? Did you try Google Chrome? That's what I'm using. Also push Control-R to refresh the page.
WorldTraveler wrote:So are you back with Lisa now? Are you serious about her?
No I told you, she blocked me and won't talk to me anymore.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I think Lisa is quite attractive, and good looking. Summer, not so much. Lisa just has far better features and a cuter face.

Furthermore you look moderately handsome in certain pics:

Then look like Uncle Fester from the Adam's family in others lol:

What I am left with is mostly just amazement, at the size of your head. Damn, your skull is GIGANTIC. You really must be a genius.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I think Lisa is quite attractive, and good looking. Summer, not so much. Lisa just has far better features and a cuter face.
Really? Rock thinks the exact opposite. He said he wouldn't look twice at Lisa. lol. Lisa looks like a cute little shrewd mouse, but cunning and devious and calculating.
Furthermore you look moderately handsome in certain pics:

Then look like Uncle Fester from the Adam's family in others lol:
Well gee. Thanks for the compliment. :P Photos are dependent on angles and lighting. Most people look better in person. Also, as I said before when I'm with a girl I like, I look better because I'm happier and radiate a more vibrant glow. lol
What I am left with is mostly just amazement, at the size of your head. Damn, your skull is GIGANTIC. You really must be a genius.
Yeah maybe I have a big brain so I'm smarter and more aware than others. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Photos of me and Lisa at Xiamen, the capital of Fuijan province, right across the bay from Taiwan. It is said that Taiwanese people originated here and migrated to Taiwan.

New shirt that Lisa bought me. I got her a gift too, a solid gold Buddha head.

On beach.

At night, me and Lisa watching the moonlight on the beach. So romantic. :) These are the kind of moments I savor and live for. Too bad Lisa wasn't as into such things as me. I wonder why I seem to be the only hopeless romantic left in the world.

Me and Lisa's romantic couples style bed. :)

Another new shirt Lisa bought me.

At an island across from Xiamen that's famous with Chinese tourists. Here Lisa became moody and upset for many hours just because I asked a ferry ticket scalper if they were real tickets. Made no sense. But then again, women aren't logical. Even so, it's still a major character flaw and bad sign to be moody and upset for hours over a trivial thing like that. That's abnormal, but Lisa said she could not control herself.

Romantic outdoor music lounge.

Wow the girl singing at the outdoor music lounge looked PERFECT! Like a 10!

A couple beside us. It seems that every guy in China has a good looking girlfriend, regardless of his looks, contrary to what the Western media says.

Sharing large mango ice cream.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

It just says 'Image', but no picture. Currently using Firefox on a MacBook Pro.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:It just says 'Image', but no picture. Currently using Firefox on a MacBook Pro.
Try Chrome. The pics show up fine on my Macbook Pro w that browser.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I don't want to use Chrome as it's too slow, hogs RAM memory & crashes/freezes too much. Obviously I'm smart enough to know if i want to switch between browsers whether it's Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Quipzilla, Opera, Safari, TorBrowser, etc....

The point is if you're going to have an international website where anyone can access it, you have to fix the bugs to allow whatever you're posting to show up on all the MAJOR browsers. Otherwise, telling people to switch to another browser to use the forum is kinda lame, it's like just being lazy in regards to finding out what the issue is and fixing it.

Not everyone is using a personal computer with whatever browser and also perhaps they can't download particular browsers for security reasons or their computer is older and can't use the newer browsers like Chrome or versions cause it's a drag on the system.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I thought these pictures of you with Lisa were recent. Which are the most recent pictures of you and girls?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Below: Me and Lisa on 39 hour train ride from Xiamen to Xi'an. We didn't even have a seat because Ctrip.com didn't process my order for some reason, which doesn't usually happen. Like I said, when I'm in a great new relationship, the universe starts making weird improbable things go wrong to put pressure on my relationship. As a result, we sat on the floor and on our luggage most of the time, which was tiring and painstaking, beyond uncomfortable. At this point, Lisa became moody and psycho.

As I feared, Lisa used this incident against me, even though it was her idea and not mine, saying she can't love me anymore because I'm not a real man, because a real man ought not to get tired or complain about a 39 hour train ride with no seat. A real man, according to her, endures anything without pain, including a 39 hour train ride with no seat. Her claims was totally irrational, insane and untrue of course. But she was spinning this against me. Like I said before, when women don't love you anymore, they will spin anything against you to break up with you, including the most inane things which aren't even your fault.

This wasn't even my idea. I wanted to go to Shanghai, but she said it was boring and diverted our plans to Xi'an since it had more historical significance. She also assured me that we'd have a seat when people got off. But she was wrong. Chinese trains are always overcrowded, even in the middle of nowhere. They aren't like Russian trains where there are always empty seats, which I expected. Also, I had been on 30+ hour train rides before in Russia, and they weren't so bad as long as you had a bunk bed. So I thought this was no big deal. Turned out to be a big mistake. Though it was Lisa's fault, she put the blame on me because she was looking for excuses to break up since she changed her mind about me and was getting psycho and moody.

We arrived in Xi'an below. It's a historical city in the middle of China. And it's significant because the first emperor of China, Emperor Qin, resided here. He was the one who built the Great Wall of China. This city is famous for the Terracota Warriors that you see in photos and films. It also has a great stone wall around the perimeter of the city too. A bell tower is behind us.

The crowded night market street. Lots of snacks but hard to move.

On bus tour the next day to see Terracota Warriors and some Imperial Palaces. This was to be our last day together, since her passive aggressive personality had reached a breaking point, where everything I did was seen by her in a negative light, as if she had an extreme case of PMS. It seems when a woman loves you, you can do no wrong to her, but if she despises you and doesn't love you anymore, then everything you do is wrong. Women are at extremes, especially unstable types like Lisa. As you can see below in the photos, I look more handsome and radiant when I'm with a woman I love, because it brings out the confidence and contentment in me.

At the famous Terracota Warriors site. Emperor Qin built these stone warriors before he died, to try to take his army into the afterlife, so the story goes.

Believe it or not, but during lunch on the tour, Lisa got moody and angry again because I went to the restaurant to eat with the others from our tour bus, because I didn't want to starve. But Lisa wanted me to sit in the gift shop with her and eat only ONE piece of bread, which was not enough. The tour had begun at 6 am, so by noon time I was starving! She could have joined me and the others in the restaurant, but she didn't want to. There was no reason for her not to join me in the restaurant, she was just being a bitch again and looking for an incident to use against me. Very stupid and illogical. There was NO REASON to go hungry. Lisa just wanted to starve me for no reason it seems. Maybe she was a masochist? I don't know. But she was very inconsiderate and psycho that day.

How come other couples don't have unnecessary arguments like this? I don't like unnecessary arguments either, but women seem to force them upon me. Normal women wouldn't have argued about this or made a big deal out of it, but then again, I'm never lucky enough to date "normal women", only psychos. I don't know why. Maybe ask God why?

Below: Our last morning together. Lisa in our bed below. Knowing that this was our last day together, I took this photo of her in bed cause I still had feelings for her. She was so bitchy and moody at this point, that when I asked her to have sex with me one last time, she took offense to that and used it against me. Her attitude toward me had done a 180 for no logical reason, just as I said the Murphy's Law curse tends to do with my relationships. It did the same with Summer too, and other women before too, whom I clicked with and had a great chemistry/connection with. This was going to be a very sad morning for me, one that would take a week to recover from. And the worst part of it was that I never even did anything wrong.

Not only did she do a 180, but she said she wanted to go back to the Indian guy in her city too, whom she dumped for me before I arrived. And she admitted that she had a mental disorder too, which she took pills for but stopped because they were making her fat. I wasn't surprised because she seemed bipolar, with extreme mood swings, as if she were several different people in one. Another guy in my forum earlier in this thread said he thinks she has "borderline personality disorder". Lisa herself said she had something called "depressive neurosis" which she wrote in Chinese and I translated into that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:I thought these pictures of you with Lisa were recent. Which are the most recent pictures of you and girls?
Well they were from last Summer. The thing is, I had planned to post them here at the end of last year in 2015. But when you travel and keep up with forum discussions, you never get around to it. So I am backtracking and doing things in chronological order. There are many newer photos to post, but I'm starting with the older ones first since they were supposed to be posted first. I have lots of stuff on my to do list from years ago, it's hard to get to them all. Just following discussions here and responding to threads takes up most of my online time. After that, you get tired and go to sleep. The forum can be addicting in that way.
Mr S wrote:I don't want to use Chrome as it's too slow, hogs RAM memory & crashes/freezes too much. Obviously I'm smart enough to know if i want to switch between browsers whether it's Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Quipzilla, Opera, Safari, TorBrowser, etc....

The point is if you're going to have an international website where anyone can access it, you have to fix the bugs to allow whatever you're posting to show up on all the MAJOR browsers. Otherwise, telling people to switch to another browser to use the forum is kinda lame, it's like just being lazy in regards to finding out what the issue is and fixing it.

Not everyone is using a personal computer with whatever browser and also perhaps they can't download particular browsers for security reasons or their computer is older and can't use the newer browsers like Chrome or versions cause it's a drag on the system.
Well I have no control over it. I'm embedding the images from Google's Albums called Picasaweb. I assume that Google, being the internet giant that it is, would have all these bugs worked out by now. Maybe it's a conspiracy by Google to get people to stop using Firefox and using Google Chrome instead? lol

Why would Chrome be a drag on your system? Wouldn't Google developers have the most efficient browser with the latest internet technologies? Plus Macs are supposed to be the most efficient and smooth.

Anyone on Internet Explorer browser? Do the images show in IE browser?

How about trying to view the images in the mobile version of the forum? You can view them on your phone too. It works fine for me.

index.php?mobile=mobile

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:I thought these pictures of you with Lisa were recent. Which are the most recent pictures of you and girls?
Well they were from last Summer. The thing is, I had planned to post them here at the end of last year in 2015. But when you travel and keep up with forum discussions, you never get around to it. So I am backtracking and doing things in chronological order. There are many newer photos to post, but I'm starting with the older ones first since they were supposed to be posted first. I have lots of stuff on my to do list from years ago, it's hard to get to them all. Just following discussions here and responding to threads takes up most of my online time. After that, you get tired and go to sleep. The forum can be addicting in that way.
Mr S wrote:I don't want to use Chrome as it's too slow, hogs RAM memory & crashes/freezes too much. Obviously I'm smart enough to know if i want to switch between browsers whether it's Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Quipzilla, Opera, Safari, TorBrowser, etc....

Well I have no control over it. I'm embedding the images from Google's Albums called Picasaweb. I assume that Google, being the internet giant that it is, would have all these bugs worked out by now. Maybe it's a conspiracy by Google to get people to stop using Firefox and using Google Chrome instead? lol

Why would Chrome be a drag on your system? Wouldn't Google developers have the most efficient browser with the latest internet technologies? Plus Macs are supposed to be the most efficient and smooth.

Anyone on Internet Explorer browser? Do the images show in IE browser?

How about trying to view the images in the mobile version of the forum? You can view them on your phone too. It works fine for me.

index.php?mobile=mobile
You're probably right about Google fixing it so that those pictures will only work with it's browser, not much different to when Microsoft used to force everyone to use Explorer to view certain websites back in the day.

If you do a search, you'll find a lot of people complain about Chrome being a memory hog and other various issues. It's probably got embedded spyware too so Google can still run analytics off of it's users.

I actually don't just use one browser, I tend to rotate every couple of months depending on how the newest update responds and whether the bugs are too annoying to use or if they were fixed since last build. I had actually stopped using Firefox for a while cause their last updates were crap and kept giving me unresponsive script messages and freezing up my computer. They just recently updated the browser again and now I'm getting the same issues as last time so I'll probably rotate to another browser like Opera or Safari and see if that's running any better than last time I used them. A couple of months ago I was using Chrome and I got sick of seeing the stupid freezing tab picture with a scarf around it, which is fairly common with frequent Chrome use so I try to avoid using it now unless all the other browsers are really sucking and I have no other choice.

The overall issue however is that my computer is pushing 5 years old and it's starting to show it's age. The updated software embedded with the various webpages, especially the ones that use video, now take up a lot of RAM memory and even though I have 8 GB, it's older hardware so it's running slower each upgrade these browsers do.

I believe Explorer is now a defunct browser and Microsoft isn't going to update it anymore. Explorer was never available as an option on Macs either.